Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Kelp Me! posted:

Who's the lawful evil one? That's not Lilith

quote:

Dr. Melinda "Mel" Karnofsky Crane (Jane Adams) is Maris Crane's plastic surgeon, and for a period, Niles Crane's girlfriend and (briefly) wife. She is fussy, neurotic, and fastidious, much like Niles. Similarly, she's the sort of manipulative, controlling female Niles is attracted to (e.g., Maris). It is heavily implied in her first appearance that she is much older than she appears, probably due to her profession. Mel also has one son, and it is specifically stated she is divorced. It is hinted at that she had her son at a very young age. When Daphne becomes engaged to Donny, Niles and Mel impulsively elope. After Niles runs off with Daphne on the day of her intended wedding to Donny, Mel is humiliated and bitter. She pays Niles back by refusing to grant an immediate divorce; instead, she forces Niles to play along that the two remain happily married, assuring him that after he has done this on several select social occasions she will file for divorce. It quickly becomes apparent that she is deliberately prolonging the process while ensuring the maximum public humiliation for Niles. At a social event held by Frasier, Mel finally pushes Niles to the limit; Niles publicly disowns "this sham of a marriage", and the two are quickly divorced. Mel is humiliated and does not appear again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play

sexy mouse posted:

nah anything involving goth freddy was... i can't remember if that was more than one episode or not

the show as a whole treated kids and teens really weird, like they were all loser potheads
that episode is another that hasn't been on C4 for years - wasn't sure if it existed or if I'd just managed to keep missing the episode with goth Freddie.

Cosmik Slop posted:

There was the one where Frasier gets reamed by Teen Scene

or any scene with Kirby in. the teen scene host was good in that ep though.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
what if Maris was even hotter than Roz?

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Lilith awakened my inner Freud on Cheers, especially when they got her all dolled up.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Mel was the best.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I don't even remember her TBH which just tells me I need to watch more Frasier

there's a really twee TV station here (Cosi?) that plays 4 episodes straight every night which is p cool, the downside is they play an ad for Shriner's Children Hospital literally every commercial break, so I get to hear a kid with no arms tell me how he can write his name with his feet 4 times an hour, it's soul-crushing in a Melissa Etheridge ASPCA commercial kind of way

On the plus side after Frasier they do an hour of the A-Team which is great if I'm really blazed

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

luncheon meat posted:

what if Maris was even hotter than Roz?

With her fetching little under bite and her blousing spandex?

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Mel was the best.

She really was until Niles left her for Daphne. then she was a little spiteful, but I think was justified in her anger abut the situation. The writers really didn't do a good job of making the audience think she wasn't right for Niles. All the other characters hated her and the most we see her doing is telling Niles he should run for Cork Master or being able to get into better places than Frasier or being slightly condescending to someone (but no worse than they are to every other non-starring character).

Also she appreciated Niles more and would have made him a better person. And her mother probably wouldn't have ruined every scene she was in for seasons upon seasons.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I KNOW, I KNOW! Sadly.

I think it was the conclusion/reveal at the end of an episode in which Brendan Fraser's character dies, but Cox has been hallucinating him as still alive the whole time. Something something birthday party is actually a funeral.

e: Nevermind. Beaten with actual video.

e2: At least I was right? and also I kind of like that song.

This episode is harsh, partially bc it was incredibly sad and made the episode hard to rewatch and partially bc Brendan Fraser being gone forever sucks bad

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Solice Kirsk posted:

With her fetching little under bite and her blousing spandex?

She really was until Niles left her for Daphne. then she was a little spiteful, but I think was justified in her anger abut the situation. The writers really didn't do a good job of making the audience think she wasn't right for Niles. All the other characters hated her and the most we see her doing is telling Niles he should run for Cork Master or being able to get into better places than Frasier or being slightly condescending to someone (but no worse than they are to every other non-starring character).

Also she appreciated Niles more and would have made him a better person. And her mother probably wouldn't have ruined every scene she was in for seasons upon seasons.

i always thought them being snubbed at restaurants was silly; most restaurants aren't really that hard to get into, you just have to make reservations kinda far in advance. Especially Seattle in the 90's - sure it's a nice city but it's not exactly Manhattan.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Calaveron posted:

Why are they always so mean to Lilith if she's nothing but cordial and polite to everybody I mean yeah she's cold and was kinda rude once or twice but that was only in response to the Crane boys attacking her first

u have to know Cheers thru line to truly understand

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

maskenfreiheit posted:

Frasier seems to love slutshamimg Roz

Do they ever hook up?

simpler times and yes

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

maskenfreiheit posted:

just watched a solid 10 minutes of niles and daphne talking about sex and rubbing themselves with ice cubes, west wing has nothing on frasier

ah yes things certainly got hot @ the montana that summer

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I like the episode where Frasier and Niles are hoping they are related to the Russian royal family, but then it turns out their great-grandmother was a literal thieving whore.

theres a back aching for the lash!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Kelp Me! posted:

Who's the lawful evil one? That's not Lilith

frasier's agent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uk49C5Re2k

e: my bad, looked at the wrong side

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

lol

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
What alignment are the jpeg artifacts?

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the ep where frasuer suck a dick

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

gently caress da Mods posted:

theres a back aching for the lash!
"
I actually say this sometimes. I also every now and then do the overly hammy "Fine! Fiiiiiiiiiine!" that Frasier did the episode when he got punched in the face by Maris' murdered husband. Frasier has wormed it's way into my parlance and will never truly be gone.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLG0F7suqSI

sexy mouse
Sep 18, 2008

sexy eye~
sexy nose~
sexy mouse~
don't you know~
all the christmas episodes were good too.

favorite is the one where they have to pretend to be jewish but it all comes crashing down when the people they're trying to fool discover niles hiding in the bathroom dressed as jesus

also when they make the wine jewish by adding a bunch of sugar to it

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Solice Kirsk posted:

"
I actually say this sometimes. I also every now and then do the overly hammy "Fine! Fiiiiiiiiiine!" that Frasier did the episode when he got punched in the face by Maris' murdered husband. Frasier has wormed it's way into my parlance and will never truly be gone.

Anytime Frasier roars "GET OUT!" is great, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fauJh53Ro

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Timby posted:

Anytime Frasier roars "GET OUT!" is great, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25fauJh53Ro

And all it took was the pretty lady making fun of his froofy monogrammed towels

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Calaveron posted:

And all it took was the pretty lady making fun of his froofy monogrammed towels

aight so u say he slutshamed ross
and now ur saying hes insecure

u got beef w frasier bitch?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

gently caress da Mods posted:

aight so u say he slutshamed ross
and now ur saying hes insecure

u got beef w frasier bitch?

I wasn't the froofy monogrammed towel who said The Frajer slutshamed Roz dog

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I like the one where niles sinks it from half court

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I like the episode where Roz says literally anything with her dusky voice

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Roz is pretty good but these days I'm appreciating Jackie from Roseanne more and more.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Something I've always wondered was, was roz supposed to be hot?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Iike Carolines friend from caroline in the city, you know she's meant to be attractive. Even if you the viewer doesn't find her attractive, you understand that people in the fictional universe of caroline in the city do. They never really established that in fraiser with roz, imo. Despite her hitting the rest of the floozy friend archetype

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Something I've always wondered was, was roz supposed to be hot?

She was supposed to be obtainable. Also hot.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

midwestern milk maid

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Bangin titties

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Iike Carolines friend from caroline in the city, you know she's meant to be attractive. Even if you the viewer doesn't find her attractive, you understand that people in the fictional universe of caroline in the city do. They never really established that in fraiser with roz, imo. Despite her hitting the rest of the floozy friend archetype

I remember that show but I don't remember that friend.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Solice Kirsk posted:

She was supposed to be obtainable. Also hot.

I like the fact that she always dressed somewhat conservatively, didn't have huge knockers on display (despite this one scene) and wasn't a dumb bottle-blonde.

she avoided all the lazy stereotypes of a 'attractive, sexually active woman'

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sassassin posted:

I remember that show but I don't remember that friend.

The one that's not Lea Thompson or a guy.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

the hottest women were on Golden Girls

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
THEY WERE ON A BREAK

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

ElGroucho posted:

I like the episode where Roz says literally anything with her dusky voice

"How long was I out?"

"Fifteen seconds, big boy".

I was like goddamn, I was not prepared for that line

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Mel was the best.

Mel was great. I hated how they had to make her a complete psycho just so the audience would feel OK about Niles leaving her, and how Niles and Daphne became blander characters just so their relationship would make any kind of sense.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like how they adapted Daphne's actress's pregnancy into Daphne getting super fat from a lurking feeling of inadequacy re her relationship with Niles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Much better than just hiding her behind increasingly ridiculous overcoats, loose clothes and props like literally any other sitcom with actresses who got pregnant midway through a season