Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

That victory animation :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Man, can't wait to be dissapointed as all hell when i use 100+ tickets , and get a 2nd lighting while everyone else pulls a TGCid and trance terra on thier first daily and ticket.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Tengames posted:

Man, can't wait to be dissapointed as all hell when i use 100+ tickets , and get a 2nd lighting while everyone else pulls a TGCid and trance terra on thier first daily and ticket.

I mean, I'm not even counting on getting a Setzer, so. I will be using the party I have now for the rest of the game's life.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So if I survived Europa, Intangir, 2-Headed Dragon, and the Antonella trials so far, Surging Menace shouldn't be that rough, right?

All the tips on the wiki look old (referencing Celes and Kefka as usable units, so any new ones?

Please don't make me go to YouTube and listen to harsh Asian accents or that EvilLaughter01 guy...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PaybackJack posted:

I was looking forward to this and when it finally arrived I was like "eh, I don't need the exp anymore."

:same:

I have about 6 months worth of daily login gifts built up too. I'm half tempted to just level/evolve a few dozen units to 5* but at this point it'd honestly be more useful to wait for the summons to revert and then pull to try and make more of the useful FP TMs like sunbeam and killer passives.

hagie posted:

So if I survived Europa, Intangir, 2-Headed Dragon, and the Antonella trials so far, Surging Menace shouldn't be that rough, right?

All the tips on the wiki look old (referencing Celes and Kefka as usable units, so any new ones?

Please don't make me go to YouTube and listen to harsh Asian accents or that EvilLaughter01 guy...

Considering that 2-headed demon is the 2nd trial and you've cleared 3-5, you should be fine. Bring a fixed damage item(or Xon's ability) for the gigantaur but at this point a solid team will one round everything else without much issue.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
You can just auto attack it to death too. As long as you only use auto and healing spells, it'll never retaliate with 10k needles.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

No Xon, but I was planning on using the best Noctis I have on hand for the hardcore flask action.

Not sure how to handle the cactaur. I don't have many items.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

You can just auto attack it to death too. As long as you only use auto and healing spells, it'll never retaliate with 10k needles.

oh poo poo so its only ability and magic damage that cause 10,000 needles?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im in the middle of nowhere with very poo poo and expensive internet so I spent a a month without being able to log in and now most of my whale friends have abandon me :smith:

Also I accidentally used my 4* ticket and pulled a Hope when I had already pulled a xon. I was saving it for Rikku's banner double :smith:

446,079,826 if you need a friend

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Feel free to add me too. I have my Xon on now, but I'll be switching to a 929ATK Noctis or 815ATK Orlandeau.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Dat Automata banner tho.

Heck, I just want the Counter-Heal materia, that'll be crazy stacked on WoL's passive.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Dana Crysalis posted:

Dat Automata banner tho.

Heck, I just want the Counter-Heal materia, that'll be crazy stacked on WoL's passive.

I wonder if we will even get that banner, Nier may be too niche over here.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Khisanth Magus posted:

we better get it!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Khisanth Magus posted:

Square Enix has a pretty poor track record with promoting/supporting their products outside Japan. poo poo, I live in SEA and Nier isn't even on the Steam store here yet.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

oh poo poo so its only ability and magic damage that cause 10,000 needles?

Yea, for some reason, every guide I've read goes into some elaborate scheme of using fixed damage items and poo poo when I've just auto-attacked without LBs, used Curaja, and cleared it just fine twice (2nd time for when they added missions).

I've probably posted about this so much in this thread that people are sick of me talking about it.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.
should I try to do Gilgamesh with only a few TMRs or should I spend my NRG catcing up on Gale keys and the like

The trial will keep right

at any rate

Here's my new 6* List

I'll update myself in the goondock soon (ish) (lol)

what's a good teamcomp

Have a dual wield and Excalibur for TMR. And Barrage.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Yea, for some reason, every guide I've read goes into some elaborate scheme of using fixed damage items and poo poo when I've just auto-attacked without LBs, used Curaja, and cleared it just fine twice (2nd time for when they added missions).

I've probably posted about this so much in this thread that people are sick of me talking about it.

Back in the day people didn't have auto-attacks high enough to make any sort of decent headway using that method. Refia wasn't around and nobody had dual cast so even healing the 1000 needles was tough.

I remember I walked through that trial because I chain Thundara/Blizzara'd my way through with a handful of Kefkas. The Cactuar though went down to items because that's what you had to do back then.

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

should I try to do Gilgamesh with only a few TMRs or should I spend my NRG catcing up on Gale keys and the like

Trial will keep for a while. You should focus on pumping up those Orlandus. 2 Orlandus plus a buddy Orlandu is like chain damage heaven.

Get another Excalibur and that Genji Glove then work towards a pair of Blade Mastery, and Bracers you might have and then Quick Assaults.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 20, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Last call to get Xon, must of us reccomend it if you have tickets to spend. Of course, Setzer is a must get tomorrow as well...
:flaccid:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

The trial will keep right

at any rate

Here's my new 6* List

I'll update myself in the goondock soon (ish) (lol)

what's a good teamcomp

Have a dual wield and Excalibur for TMR. And Barrage.

You have that stable and haven't bothered with TMRs yet?

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

BDawg posted:

You have that stable and haven't bothered with TMRs yet?

I racked up 6* mats through the king mog events and did a few every time cactuar dunes came up.

I've been starting to do TMR macro farming but I have trouble keeping it working when I'm not watching

Nox seems to crash too mcuh to be relied on and on my phone I don't know how to load macros for Frep, if that's possible, so poo poo like the daily quest reset fucks up my overnights

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Cartoon Man posted:

Last call to get Xon, must of us reccomend it if you have tickets to spend. Of course, Setzer is a must get tomorrow as well...
:flaccid:

i have 16 tickets which means i am either definitely getting setzer or definitely getting total garbage. altho i am just tempted to save for rikku since my roster is pretty good right now but i actually really don't have a decent chainer and hate trying to use chiz to chain

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

i have 16 tickets which means i am either definitely getting setzer or definitely getting total garbage. altho i am just tempted to save for rikku since my roster is pretty good right now but i actually really don't have a decent chainer and hate trying to use chiz to chain

What's makes Setzer a must get?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

somebody linked a reddit post on the "should you pull" earlier that explains some of it if you want to read more in depth: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/66bb43/defianthermits_should_you_pull_final_fantasy_vi/

but to tl;dr that, basically the dude has a chain finisher with some random luck can hit for 300k unmitigated damage, but on top of that he's got a 320% single target 10 hit physical attack that is very easy for setting up elemental chain finishers.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

somebody linked a reddit post on the "should you pull" earlier that explains some of it if you want to read more in depth: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/66bb43/defianthermits_should_you_pull_final_fantasy_vi/

but to tl;dr that, basically the dude has a chain finisher with some random luck can hit for 300k unmitigated damage, but on top of that he's got a 320% single target 10 hit physical attack that is very easy for setting up elemental chain finishers.

I think I saw something kicking about about him chaining good with Yun. That owuld be pretty cool I love me my Rooster man but he's not really good with anyone else

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

I racked up 6* mats through the king mog events and did a few every time cactuar dunes came up.

I've been starting to do TMR macro farming but I have trouble keeping it working when I'm not watching

Nox seems to crash too mcuh to be relied on and on my phone I don't know how to load macros for Frep, if that's possible, so poo poo like the daily quest reset fucks up my overnights

I've been using Memu for months with very few issues. I'd recommend giving that a shot.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Back in the day people didn't have auto-attacks high enough to make any sort of decent headway using that method. Refia wasn't around and nobody had dual cast so even healing the 1000 needles was tough.

I beat it the first day it came out with Celes in the group though.

edit: found a screenshot

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Apr 20, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Oh the good old days when Vaan and Lenna were top tier units. I'm really sad that Celes isn't a 6 because she's good and her Runic ability is pretty unique and could be helpful in the future. I'd love to see her get some sort of Runic that after it absorbs a spell turns it into a party wide mana refresh.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I steamrolled through it. I guess I was just anticipating it to be Gilgamesh levels of tough, even though I haven't even tried that trial yet. Europa Trial was pretty tricky, took for drat ever (hour +?) but mostly worth it, with the crew I currently have.

The only thing that interests me in this Mog event is the 6* awakening mats and moogles. If they don't patch out Ifrit EXP soon, I no longer have need for the cactaurs. I pulled Refia and had her 5* maxed by lunch.

The equipment is "eh" but nothing released makes me feel like I HAVE to get it. I'm kind of over hyped up unit pulls because I have decent units, but nothing that stands out, and I have no luck when it comes to this kind of stuff. It's why I don't gamble, and why I haven't put more than $0.99 in this game (April Fools bundle).

I think I'll try to figure out this emulator thing and get that set up. I could really use my current TMR group to be done.

Bartz #1
Agrias #1
Ludmille
Cecil
Chizuru #1

So Nox or Memu?

hagie fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 20, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
634,188,308 for a Ling Friend. Working on my TMRs with my Switch Controls, but I kind of need a full friend list. I suppose I could friend some nongoons...

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I made some room on my friends list if anyone wants an 879 attack Olive buddy.

253 556 279

Goon remarks as usual.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Do I have the characters to take on Gilgamesh? I have most of the major TMRs.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Do I have the characters to take on Gilgamesh? I have most of the major TMRs.

Get Rain to 6* 100. With dual wield you can cover 3-4 elements with Lava Floor and him dual weidling Air Knife and Excalibur which takes a lot of pressure off.

Then you could run Mercedes to Cover Water or if you have her axe give her axe to Cecil and let him cover tank w/ counter materia.

Freyvia for DPS.

Other characters I'd use are"

Bartz & Refia. They're a team, he's the mana battery and she heals.

You'll want to take a Noctis buddy for Lightning coverage

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

So Nox or Memu?

Try both. Systems seem to prefer one over the other for some reason. I personally use Nox with Nova launcher and it runs like a champ. And get chrome remote desktop for checking in if you can't babysit your computer.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Nier:Automata's total sales in Japan are somewhere around 300k IIRC. Meanwhile outside of Japan it's sold around 250k copies just on Steam. It's not niche but the reason global versions of games don't get collabs that Japanese versions get is because of legal issues more than anything else.

The Nier collab is far more likely to hit global than the DQMSL collab.

rabidsquid posted:

That 300k is also before killer passives it seems. Basically, 20% of the time you can have Setzer hit harder than anyone else short of units like BiS Olive, and even then Setzer might be able to hit harder on fights like Gilgamesh if you don't shattering shot the turn before dropping the hammer. Though you can also end up with Setzer hitting for gently caress-all damage and more often than not that's what will happen.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Make sure Setzer doesn't go last and force quit if you get a lovely result. I mean I'd only bother with that on a big trial or something, but still.

Considering it took me over 25 pulls, at least 10 being gold before I got a Xon, I'm either going to get Setzer first pull or never.

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Gonna put all those egg basket tickets to use

Prob not gonna 11 tho

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

hamsystem posted:

Try both. Systems seem to prefer one over the other for some reason. I personally use Nox with Nova launcher and it runs like a champ. And get chrome remote desktop for checking in if you can't babysit your computer.

What's Nova Launcher? And Memu runs like poo poo for me. There's something about enabling a visual something mode in the BIOS but that seems like a bigger hassle than just figuring out how to help Nox get stable

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

PaybackJack posted:

Get Rain to 6* 100. With dual wield you can cover 3-4 elements with Lava Floor and him dual weidling Air Knife and Excalibur which takes a lot of pressure off.

Then you could run Mercedes to Cover Water or if you have her axe give her axe to Cecil and let him cover tank w/ counter materia.

Freyvia for DPS.

Other characters I'd use are"

Bartz & Refia. They're a team, he's the mana battery and she heals.

You'll want to take a Noctis buddy for Lightning coverage

See, I tried this with Rain, Durandal+Black Belt Cecil, Dana's Lightning and Noctis to lock down every element, but goddamned Rain would keep covering everyone and getting himself killed. Even if Cecil had used his level 25 LB and had Provoke on, Rain would still tank hits until he died then I'd have to rush to revive him and hope that Gilgamesh wouldn't wipe me before I could get off another Lava Floor.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

hamburgers in pockets posted:

See, I tried this with Rain, Durandal+Black Belt Cecil, Dana's Lightning and Noctis to lock down every element, but goddamned Rain would keep covering everyone and getting himself killed. Even if Cecil had used his level 25 LB and had Provoke on, Rain would still tank hits until he died then I'd have to rush to revive him and hope that Gilgamesh wouldn't wipe me before I could get off another Lava Floor.
Note that Lasswell's 6* form has a similar attack (Exorcising Storm hits ice and wind), which means more options with don't involve provoke. Only problem is, at 33 MP each use, he will run out of MP twice as fast as Rain without some serious mana battery support. That said, he doesn't mesh well with Bartz or Freyvia.

Varance fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Apr 20, 2017

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Varance posted:

Note that Lasswell's 6* form has a similar attack (Exorcising Storm hits ice and wind), which means more options with don't involve provoke. Only problem is, at 33 MP each use, he will run out of MP twice as fast as Rain without some serious mana battery support. That said, he doesn't mesh well with Bartz or Freyvia.

Ice also isn't one of the things that needs to be sealed.

Side Note: Yes, my friend Noctis has crap for attack power. But I did gear for 100% dodge so whatever. He's not good for Gilgamesh though, no holy seal on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, someone else finally suffering from Rain's idiotic Cover ability. I swear that thing exists purely to mess up fights. Please Rain, cover my Cecil, he obviously needs it sooo much. Yeesh. And Cecil never covers Refia or Yshtola to boot.

So, now that maintenance is up... did anyone ever get a Limit Burst Pot in week 2 egg summons? I didn't get as much eggs due to taking care of someone at a hospital then getting a cold myself, but a good half a million eggs later I felt that they were completely removed from the summon rotation.

• Locked thread