Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Sorry dudes for the meltdown, sometimes I need to take a break from the forums and from myself. Sadbrains is a bitch, and I love all of you even though I don't know any of you because this place is a good place full of us retard vets who support one another.

Now as HCT said, Mustang, GIMME SUMMA DAT GRUNT poo poo :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Watching the other shoe drop in slow motion. :allears:

Mike-o posted:

Sorry dudes for the meltdown, sometimes I need to take a break from the forums and from myself. Sadbrains is a bitch, and I love all of you even though I don't know any of you because this place is a good place full of us retard vets who support one another.
S'all good, bro.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 19, 2017

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Mustang posted:

No it's that JBLM exercise message that popped up on everyone's computers this morning and everyone was like "not my problem" and clicked accept

Ah yes. Those.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So there was some exercise on post, still not sure exactly what it was for but we were tasked to support it so we had to drop our YTC prep, get everyone kitted up, draw weapons, load up our strykers and be redcon 1. Fortunately our CO got us out of it somehow, were told to stand down before we started drawing weapons.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

So there was some exercise on post, still not sure exactly what it was for but we were tasked to support it so we had to drop our YTC prep, get everyone kitted up, draw weapons, load up our strykers and be redcon 1. Fortunately our CO got us out of it somehow, were told to stand down before we started drawing weapons.

:bisonyes:

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I'm really hoping the budget issue is going to put a halt to the 101st's WEEEEEEEEEEEEK OF THE EAGLE but who am I kidding.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Triggs posted:

I'm really hoping the budget issue is going to put a halt to the 101st's WEEEEEEEEEEEEK OF THE EAGLE but who am I kidding.

Can't stop tradition

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
you dont need a budget to do a division run and run an obstacle course in full kit

hooah?!

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I'm about to turn in my apartment keys and be temporarily homeless until my job starts but I'm still so glad I'm not in anymore.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Mustang posted:

Burn down your G3.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Definitely see how my BDE has the lowest officer retention rate in the Army

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Must be the cool kids brigade cause staying in the Army is for fuckin dorks

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

milk milk lemonade posted:

Must be the cool kids brigade cause staying in the Army is for fuckin dorks

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mustang posted:

Definitely see how my BDE has the lowest officer retention rate in the Army

:kiddo:

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Well that was fast. Welcome, Noble.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Hey dudes who've had the pleasure of taking care of a smokey bear hat or other flat brimmed battle fedora. What's the best way of getting the brim flat.

I have taken step one of not giving a gently caress but at some point I should make sure it doesn't catch attention. Ironing it through a teatowel got the bend out of it but it's kinda up and down a bit around the edge.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Jaguars! posted:

Hey dudes who've had the pleasure of taking care of a smokey bear hat or other flat brimmed battle fedora. What's the best way of getting the brim flat.

I have taken step one of not giving a gently caress but at some point I should make sure it doesn't catch attention. Ironing it through a teatowel got the bend out of it but it's kinda up and down a bit around the edge.

marines have this wooden frame thing you can put it in then tight the two pieces together to flatten it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jaguars! posted:

Find a local western wear store. They have a machine that presses them.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Good tip I got from an old hand in Mexico for that hat is to go AWOL

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Show up to work drunk with one side folded up and pretend you're Australian.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
"Oi is my slouch hat. Anybody seen me SLR?"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jaguars! posted:

If you want a device to hold it flat, you want what's called a 'brim press'.

If you have to use an iron, use a cool setting and low steam, with a pressing cloth in between the iron and the felt (you can get away with using a cotton sheet). High heat and too much steam will turbo gently caress the felt.

Wasabi the J fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Apr 21, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

maffew buildings posted:

Good tip I got from an old hand in Mexico for that hat is to go AWOL

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Would be nice, but hard to do when the whole unit has them. Didn't get any flack wearing it today, so I think the thing to do wear it and hope for anzac day and make up a hat press for next year. I don't think anyone but an american could mistake my new zealand robot accent for Aussie, unfortunately.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Jaguars! posted:

Would be nice, but hard to do when the whole unit has them. Didn't get any flack wearing it today, so I think the thing to do wear it and hope for anzac day and make up a hat press for next year. I don't think anyone but an american could mistake my new zealand robot accent for Aussie, unfortunately.

I would probably think you're British.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Even if I could tell it was New Zealand, a fair chance I'd say you were Aussie just to see the NZ rage flow.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Jaguars! posted:

You're from New Zealand? Your English is really good.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

Show up to work drunk with one side folded up and pretend you're Australian.

This. I got two of these things and they are loving awesome. Except for the people who have to wear them because they are literally worse than berets.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

The only reason I like wearing a stetson is because it gets me out of wearing a beret, the worst hat ever invented. Nobody has any business wearing a beret unless it's green.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lol stetsons

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

gently caress cav fite me.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Berets suck so much that the bus driver hat is better.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Mike-o posted:

lol stetsons

Gaaaaaaay

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

Berets suck so much that the bus driver hat is better.

I legit bought this and tried to not use the beret but they made me anyways.

Cocksuckers.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

The only reason I like wearing a stetson is because it gets me out of wearing a beret, the worst hat ever invented. Nobody has any business wearing a beret unless it's green.
I... will agree with this, but "better than a beret" is a pretty low bar to clear. Stetsons are goofy as gently caress, but at least they'll keep the sun rain out of your eyes when you're standing around for hours.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I'm at a post/unit where the bus driver hat is encouraged, especially for senior NCOs and officers. Haven't worn a beret in like 18 months.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Naked Bear posted:

I... will agree with this, but "better than a beret" is a pretty low bar to clear. Stetsons are goofy as gently caress, but at least they'll keep the sun rain out of your eyes when you're standing around for hours.

Yeah but the whole "I wear this poo poo inside because I can and argue with me about it" crowd is insufferable.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I don't give a gently caress how bad a beret is, this poo poo is infinitely more dorky and ridiculous I'm sorry

The only person that ever made a stetson look remotely coolnot completely loving retarded and shameful without going back to like 1800s or something is Robert Duvall

edit: Since someone is going to say "I don't care if I look cool" or whatever I'm editing the last part

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 21, 2017

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

mlmp08 posted:

Berets suck so much that the oval office cap is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
garrison cap owned tho imo