Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if custom moves aren't a thing yet for smash bros tournaments then they won't be for anything else. It's probably too much of a hassle for tourny handlers to make sure everything is turned on correctly, etc etc. It's fine though because options are always good and you can have your cake and eat it too, if you want tourney-legal poo poo but also like playing around with weird modifiers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Gonna trick your Luigi right the gently caress out brosef.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Mario has been announced as a guest character, as a scorpion premier skin

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

firestorm does his super move to Mario, who reacts by holding his rear end and shooting up while screaming like in Mario 64

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Evil Canadian posted:

I think its mostly a lesson learned from Variations from MKX, as for the most part Variations were just a failure. A grand and worthy experiment to try absolutely but with rare exception generally characters only had 1 variation worth a drat and the other two were not worth your time. Its just hard to balance that kinda stuff.

Yeah I suppose you're mostly right about this.

I played ethereal Mileena because I couldn't be assed to figure out how the variations differed from each other and I liked the pale skin visually. I would tech piercing against Kano or Sub zero though for the low knife counterplay.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Link in SoCal 2 was so great. It's a shame Injustice 2 probably won't be on Switch, cuz then we could get, I dunno, Little Mac or something else that makes no sense. I guess Samus would be the best fit.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Captain Falcon is the best fit

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh, good call. "Show me your moves!" *Joker murders a child* "Oh!"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is it wrong of me to want either a guest character or premiere skin from the recent Star Trek/GL crossover stuff?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Technowolf posted:

Is it wrong of me to want either a guest character or premiere skin from the recent Star Trek/GL crossover stuff?

OST Kirk axe-handle strikes and haymaker punches all day.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And the comic just had a red eyed Batman show up and gun down Amanda Waller

Yeah.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

B-Money has the bleakest of Christmases.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah.

loving Thomas Wayne?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Yeah.

Well if its T.Diddy he's way cooler than Bruce. Also he would probably be pro-regime so all the better.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
Thomas makes more sense. My mind jumped straight to Terry McGinnis when I read red eyed Batman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

PSWII60 posted:

Thomas makes more sense. My mind jumped straight to Terry McGinnis when I read red eyed Batman.

Terry doesn't have red eyes, at least not in the good stuff.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You know what else is red sometimes hoods.

4/28 get ready fellas.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Poison Ivy, Deadshot and Catwoman will be covered next on the stream this Thursday.

That leaves us with an even 6, so we'll likely get 2 more main roster features with these guys:

Braniac
Cyborg
Green Lantern
Green Arrow
Black Adam
Aquaman

Green Lantern has been in almost zero gameplay videos; Braniac has not appeared in any. I assume Darkseid will come later, as will Joker/Red Hood/Simon Hurt/Larfleeze/whoever the hell is on 4/28.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Apr 19, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope there's a Zur-En-Arrh gear set

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Gavok posted:

Put in Dr. Manhattan and give him Whip's exact movelist.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

PSWII60 posted:

There's also this guy

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jason if you ran out of material midway through just go back to the shop and buy more don't commit to it. Come on buddy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

I hope there's a Zur-En-Arrh gear set

With all the shader slots it's practically a guarantee. Superman's got two flavors of Bizarro shaders.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/854730644089217024

Also interview with Taylor about issue 2 of the comic

http://www.newsarama.com/34125-injustice-2-delivers-another-shocking-end-with-2-spoilers.html

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

SHOCKING CONCLUSION, A DARKER BATMAN, WHAT TWIST COULD COME NE oh it was Jason Todd in a Batman suit, whatever.

Legitimately interested to see why Green Arrow would throw in with King Louie though. It would be interesting if he and Black Canary end up being independents trying to balance all sides or something.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Apr 19, 2017

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

FunkMonkey posted:

SHOCKING CONCLUSION, A DARKER BATMAN, WHAT TWIST COULD COME NE oh it was Jason Todd in a Batman suit, whatever.

Legitimately interested to see why Green Arrow would throw in with King Louie though. It would be interesting if he and Black Canary end up being independents trying to balance all sides or something.

Grodd probably has his kid hostage

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Its only smart and right to join up with Grodd.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Grodd probably has his kid hostage

Well that's just loving dull. Which means it's probably true....

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I just read Injustice Year 3 and i love all the silly poo poo of the Magic side of dc

rip in pieces, klarion the witch boy, and doctor occult

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Steel confirmed DLC.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

I just read Injustice Year 3 and i love all the silly poo poo of the Magic side of dc

rip in pieces, klarion the witch boy, and doctor occult

Etrigan throwing a temper tantrum after losing his host was probably my favorite part of that arc.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/854760669975117825

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I haven't listened to it yet but here's those two British MK guys talking about a build of Injustass they played.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4jZEm2W3g&t=3408s

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I keep wanting the Trinity War story where Constantine binds Shazam's lightning to a voodoo doll to be an Injustice plot point. It's just such a magically dickish move.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Injustice 2 comic is a very serious story. Here, Doctor Fate gets shot in the head, repeatedly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LuXcZyEFSc

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

PS: Darkseid.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

All of these trailers look solid as hell.

Will this finally be the fighting game story to beat MK9?

Probably not but maybe a new solid #2.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

For all its faults the story for MKvsDCU was fun in a Saturday morning stupid way, the story for MK9 blew that out of the water. The story for Injustice was great and the story for MK10 was a step up from that.

If my calculations are correct, the story for Injustice 2 will... destroy the entire planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
eh the mkx story was really bad and all the twists were obvious IMO but injustice and mk9 ruled hard

• Locked thread