Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SoundMonkey posted:

fuckin' lol if you don't think every single person who posted helpfully wasn't at least a LITTLE tempted.

especially the people who are gonna post after this and lie right to my face and say they weren't.

I'm with the mod so I don't get probed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

SoundMonkey posted:

fuckin' lol if you don't think every single person who posted helpfully wasn't at least a LITTLE tempted.

especially the people who are gonna post after this and lie right to my face and say they weren't.

I've always wished this place had a 'fix it even faster' thread, where we gave horrible, corner cutting advice.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
The real magic is that occasional poster who stubbornly keeps digging his hole deeper - OP will fix this, hugs all around, goon escapes well.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Slugworth posted:

I've always wished this place had a 'fix it even faster' thread, where we gave horrible, corner cutting advice.

i mean as long as the thread title clearly indicates it is bad, unsafe, and illegal advice...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Slugworth posted:

Pm me as I don't cruise this aisle much.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

To bidet or not to bidet. That is the question.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Glass bottom infinity bidet with heated rainshower wash spray.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

"Infinity bidet" is something I'm not ashamed to say I never thought of, but also desperately wish I had.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Slugworth posted:

He already cut a number of pretty important corners! That's what started this whole nightmare! :downsrim:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Bad Munki posted:

"Infinity bidet" is something I'm not ashamed to say I never thought of, but also desperately wish I had.

i cannot even begin to fathom that sensation but i want to

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

SoundMonkey posted:

i mean as long as the thread title clearly indicates it is bad, unsafe, and illegal advice...

You could call it harm reduction.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

PCjr sidecar posted:

You could call it harm reduction.

The DIYhead Bathhouse

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is bullshit, I was promised a goddamned GroverHaus.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
I just want to watch the world burn.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

Budgie posted:

I just want to watch the world burn.

I just want to watch Groverhaus burn

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Ceciltron posted:

I just want to watch Groverhaus burn

I'm assuming it already did.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

nah, it melted

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It sank into the septic tank swamp

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Rhyno posted:

I am legitimately bummed this didn't end way worse

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

SoundMonkey posted:

i cannot even begin to fathom that sensation but i want to

I just imagine it's a kitchen sprayer, a bowl, and a drain on the floor.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
For anyone looking for bathrooms where the people doing it have taken some big short cuts, check out the Starr Tile channel on YouTube.

Here is a good one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbwtCBl_xDA

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Antifreeze Head posted:

For anyone looking for bathrooms where the people doing it have taken some big short cuts, check out the Starr Tile channel on YouTube.

Here is a good one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbwtCBl_xDA

at 23:45....what are those outlets doing behind the tub where they'll be buried once the tile is replace?

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.

brugroffil posted:

at 23:45....what are those outlets doing behind the tub where they'll be buried once the tile is replace?

Typically there would be an access panel installed on the other side of the wall. Look at some of my before pictures and you'll see a couple of outlet boxes that were in place under the old tub frame for the jacuzzi plugs. But there's also an access panel right under the window. Hopefully they installed, or were planning on installing an access panel.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
OP I thought of you this morning on my drive in to work. A flatbed trailer hauling engineered I-beams on the 210 westbound and down, I presume fleeing from you.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

bEatmstrJ posted:

Typically there would be an access panel installed on the other side of the wall. Look at some of my before pictures and you'll see a couple of outlet boxes that were in place under the old tub frame for the jacuzzi plugs. But there's also an access panel right under the window. Hopefully they installed, or were planning on installing an access panel.

do people still install jacuzzi tubs in tyool 2017? i thought we were all aligning our chakras in hanging teardrop-shaped glass bathing vessels now or whatever.

every time i see one in a hotel i'm like poo poo yeah jacuzzi tub then end up just having a shower because i'm tired

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

A hotel is the absolute last place I would ever ever ever use the jacuzzi tub. At least in my own home, I know it's my own gunks clogging up the jets.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bad Munki posted:

A hotel is the absolute last place I would ever ever ever use the jacuzzi tub. At least in my own home, I know it's my own gunks clogging up the jets.

Some friends used one at a ski lodge one time. All came down with skin infections.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I'd be tempted to buy a gallon of bleach and just let it run with hot bleach water for an hour or so before I tried it. Fish poop in the reservoir and we add bleach to that and then drink it, so bleaching a jacuzzi tub should be fine.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'd be tempted to buy a gallon of bleach and just let it run with hot bleach water for an hour or so before I tried it. Fish poop in the reservoir and we add bleach to that and then drink it, so bleaching a jacuzzi tub should be fine.
Bleach has no effect on essence.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

SoundMonkey posted:

do people still install jacuzzi tubs in tyool 2017? i thought we were all aligning our chakras in hanging teardrop-shaped glass bathing vessels now or whatever.

every time i see one in a hotel i'm like poo poo yeah jacuzzi tub then end up just having a shower because i'm tired

We did full bathroom renos when we moved into our duplex in 2010 and ripped the jacuzzi tub out without a second thought. Installed a full length shower pan and sliding glass doors in its place and never looked back.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Slugworth posted:

Bleach has no effect on essence.

Mix fluoride with the bleach?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SoundMonkey posted:

Your bedspread has cum alllll over it btw.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Burt Sexual posted:

Your bedspread has cum alllll over it btw.

why do you think i'm paying good money to stay there?

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

SoundMonkey posted:

I'm having a bath ATM in the whirlpool bath I installed, oh, 5-6 years ago and my chairs and tired old rear end are thanking. Tbf that was tyool 2012 a happier time

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Goddam autocorrect chakras you westernized piece of silicon

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i'm going to estimate your age at roughly 300

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

SoundMonkey posted:

i'm going to estimate your age at roughly 300

Can we get an admin itt?

bEatmstrJ
Jun 30, 2004

Look upon my bathroom joists, ye females, and despair.
:siren:A contractor has been selected! Engineering begins Monday:siren:

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Burt Sexual posted:

Can we get an admin itt?

sorry there's no way to check someone's birthday on the forum, they removed it after all of yospos set theirs to 4/20 and the birthday greeting system crashed one year ago today

i mean of course that didn't happen but it's shockingly plausible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

bEatmstrJ posted:

:siren:A contractor has been selected! Engineering begins Monday:siren:

is there any way you or another household member can record the look on their face when they first walk in

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Apr 21, 2017

• Locked thread