Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woden
May 6, 2006
If you can bring back long dead people like Trip into Hydra World then there should be no problem bringing back Mace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Aida probably has a copy of him backed up and he'll get plopped into that LMD body.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
The Simmons "He's behind me, isn't he?" callback got the biggest laugh for me. I remember that line going over like a lead balloon in season one when Simmons said it about Ward - it was a perfect example of the horrible writing everyone was complaining about before the CA2 turn. To go back and use it again now - brilliant.

Also - assuming Aida wasn't lying about giving Daisy what she wants, maybe it literally requires Aida to have Daisy's body in the real world in order to overwrite her memories.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
What if the terrigen crystal didn't give Daisy her Quake powers, but instead made her really good at Quake, the game?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

ApeHawk posted:

What if the terrigen crystal didn't give Daisy her Quake powers, but instead made her really good at Quake, the game?

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Quad Damage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6VpX-feA2M

Gonz fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Apr 20, 2017

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

ApeHawk posted:

She was an ultranerd in season 1, there's a greater than 100% chance she already was a Quake pro

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

And since the Framework is already a computer world, she and Radcliffe will mod it to become Quake.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

it's not getting canceled we do this literally every season :ughh:

Please do not get cocky about this. As someone who both watched Agent Carter crash & burn after two great seasons and knows there's backroom drama between Pearlmutter and crew and how they divided up who's running movie/TV stuff, and the fact AOS is the most ignored part of the Marvel canon and is never referenced on Netflix or vice versa, I think there is legitimate cause for nail-biting concern.

However it's highly positive critical reception and the brand lately might see it hit another season. I hope they keep this pod format; 3 storyarcs that fit together is a very good idea.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
My biggest concern is that the inhumans show is apparently completely unrelated plot wise with AoS, and will probably be cheaper for ABC since a new show is generally cheaper than a show entering its 5th season.

Vorgen
Mar 5, 2006

Party Membership is a Democracy, The Weave is Not.

A fledgling vampire? How about a dragon, or some half-kobold druids? Perhaps a spontaneous sex change? Anything that can happen, will happen the results will be beyond entertaining.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Please do not get cocky about this.

The most boring part of any TVIV thread is people wanking on and on about ratings. The other most boring part of any TVIV thread is people wanking on and on about show budgets.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Tad SG posted:

Also - assuming Aida wasn't lying about giving Daisy what she wants, maybe it literally requires Aida to have Daisy's body in the real world in order to overwrite her memories.

I feel like Daisy should just give Aida a location that Yo-Yo knows about.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Poetic Justice posted:

Didn't Aida say specifically she didn't program powers in the framework? Is Daisy gonna break out of the cocoon and try to cause an earthquake and have nothing happen?

There's certainly some inhuman power around. Otherwise hydra couldn't have used the fear of them to create a police state. Remember how May let Ava Acres kill all those children?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tad SG posted:

My biggest concern is that the inhumans show is apparently completely unrelated plot wise with AoS, and will probably be cheaper for ABC since a new show is generally cheaper than a show entering its 5th season.

It's only 8 episodes and is actually much more expensive but it's a coproduction with IMAX.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I actually though Mace's death was really cute. He was the person he probably wanted to be since he was like 12 and went out doing the most stereotypical hero thing ever.

There's probably still a nonzero chance of him coming back in an LMD body, and that'd be pretty nice imo.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Yeah, while it's sad that Mace is gone, this is pretty much what he wanted to be. A self-sacrificing honest to god superhero.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OH gently caress, I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT TRIPP

Vorgen posted:

The most boring part of any TVIV thread is people wanking on and on about ratings. The other most boring part of any TVIV thread is people wanking on and on about show budgets.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
I really really appreciated all the various Hydra personnel returning for cameos. I have no idea why but I immediately recognized the scientist infiltrating Simmons screwed over.

They reminded me I miss Whitehall/Bakshi :rip: Each season has been great but season 2 definitely is my favorite.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I found Mace's death really tragic because he finally got to be who he wanted but only in a simulation. It was real enough to him but the kid he said was just some lines of code.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Poetic Justice posted:

Didn't Aida say specifically she didn't program powers in the framework? Is Daisy gonna break out of the cocoon and try to cause an earthquake and have nothing happen?

Quake is the Neo of the framework.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I really imagine that Daisy will have different powers in the framework. What I'm curious about is what the role of the Vijay Nadeer is here. We already know he's some kind of power-shifting via death inhuman and Daisy sold him out to be killed in this virtual world. Is he going to be able to save them either here or in the real world? He is currently terragenesis-ing in the ocean probably nearby that submarine already.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Why would Daisy have different powers? Ophelia said the world was the same as the real world but she removed folks greatest regret and that's just how things played out. She'd still be Quake because it is based on the world where she is Quake. The only reason Mace is Inhuman in the Framework is because that was part of his greatest regret.
It would be funny if they did that, but they haven't set it up for that.
Also, Ophelia seems to really enjoy having Fitz murder and harm people because her prime directives prevent her from doing it herself.

And the fact that AIDA seemed a little bit shocked and concerned that Mace died points toward AIDA and Ophelia being two different shards from the same core programming. I'd love to see AIDA vs. Ophelia and have AIDA just rip out Ophelia's heart because Ophelia is just puny flesh and AIDA is a goddamned robot.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

At first I thought there was a matrix-glitch and was like, "Isn't Mac back at HQ?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

R-Type posted:

At first I thought there was a matrix-glitch and was like, "Isn't Mac back at HQ?

Tripp and Mac look nothing alike. :confut:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Mace LMD would halfway have superpowers, so his continued "lucky escapes" from things (in reality, that body got trashed) could be a fun side arc.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I enjoy that Phil seems to be falling back into his real world persona. I guess he'll try to rally the troops and pull everyone together. A contrast to how Phil's death brought the Avenger's together.
This arc / pod is excellent.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

RareAcumen posted:

My response was "oh no, now when they leave the Matrix they'll have to abandon someone the audience actually cares about."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bruceski posted:

My response was "oh no, now when they leave the Matrix they'll have to abandon someone the audience actually cares about."

Watch them leave Lincoln behind again.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Watch them leave Lincoln behind again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Not only did Mace die the hero he always wanted to be, he died committing the same heroic act that he was credited for in the real world. Mace is a hero in the real world because people think he saved lives by holding up a collapsing building in the Winter Soldier Geneva attack but that was all faked and Mace was ashamed of it. He dies doing the actual thing and proving he's worthy of what people believe him to be.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

STAC Goat posted:

Not only did Mace die the hero he always wanted to be, he died committing the same heroic act that he was credited for in the real world. Mace is a hero in the real world because people think he saved lives by holding up a collapsing building in the Winter Soldier Geneva attack but that was all faked and Mace was ashamed of it. He dies doing the actual thing and proving he's worthy of what people believe him to be.

I caught that, too. Like someone else said, dying the hero, in this specific way, is fixing his one regret. AoS is poetic at time.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

The credits thing is actually a pretty big deal. SAG requirements force them to do things the way they do. Breaking Bad had to get special approval for the pentultimate episode to delay the opening credits. Moving an actor from Above The Line to Below is way harder than it sounds, but only because of archaic guild rules.

What happened in the intro of that episode again? I don't remember anything why they'd have to delay it.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

What happened in the intro of that episode again? I don't remember anything why they'd have to delay it.

It was Ozymandias, the episode that opened with Hank dying, Walt's ultimate betrayal of Jesse, and Walt losing basically all the money he made. All this took about 20 minutes, and they wanted to delay the actor credits so they didn't have names popping up over these incredibly dramatic moments that literally the entire series had been building towards.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
No one thinks Mace held up a building in Geneva. He was hailed as a hero because someone snapped a picture of him shielding an unconscious woman, and in actuality he was staggered from the explosion and had no idea that woman was there.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

And of course, in a textbook case of dramatic irony, he does so without any memory of the IRL incident, meaning he died without knowing the full significance of his sacrifice :smith:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Daaaaaaaaaaaah, technically it wasn't holding up a building that Mace was framed as having done in the real world, but covering a fallen lady as to protect her!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Dracorion posted:

No one thinks Mace held up a building in Geneva. He was hailed as a hero because someone snapped a picture of him shielding an unconscious woman, and in actuality he was staggered from the explosion and had no idea that woman was there.

Right, but the point is that became globally famous and praised for this image of him saving a woman by bracing her from a collapsing building. Its all bullshit but that's what people see when they see that image and SHIELD fostered that image. And Mace was ashamed of it and its what drove him to take chances to take the drugs and be a hero deserving of it.

So of course he dies actually holding up a collapsing building to save lives with the actual powers people think he has.

Its poetry, not a 1:1 comparison.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tad SG posted:

The Simmons "He's behind me, isn't he?" callback got the biggest laugh for me. I remember that line going over like a lead balloon in season one when Simmons said it about Ward - it was a perfect example of the horrible writing everyone was complaining about before the CA2 turn. To go back and use it again now - brilliant.

Ya'll thought that, and were wrong. Everything about Season 1, from the Pilot to the end, was great!

Blazing Ownager posted:

Please do not get cocky about this. As someone who both watched Agent Carter crash & burn after two great seasons and knows there's backroom drama between Pearlmutter and crew and how they divided up who's running movie/TV stuff, and the fact AOS is the most ignored part of the Marvel canon and is never referenced on Netflix or vice versa, I think there is legitimate cause for nail-biting concern.

However it's highly positive critical reception and the brand lately might see it hit another season. I hope they keep this pod format; 3 storyarcs that fit together is a very good idea.

Six Seasons And A Movie!

PierreTheMime posted:

I really really appreciated all the various Hydra personnel returning for cameos. I have no idea why but I immediately recognized the scientist infiltrating Simmons screwed over.

They reminded me I miss Whitehall/Bakshi :rip: Each season has been great but season 2 definitely is my favorite.

Bakshi you say? You're in luck!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Tad SG posted:

The original line was actually spoken by Ward, in regards to Deathlok standing behind him hearing Ward rag on him. I think the reason it works so well when Simmons does it here is because it's not the same old forced "lol, got caught talking crap, what a awkward moment! Cue the laugh track!!" usage of the line, but an entirely natural extension of Simmons' ongoing exacerbation with Ward and this situation. She didn't get caught, it wasn't awkward, it was just more of her going "Ugh, for gently caress'S SAKE" which was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

BrianWilly posted:

The original line was actually spoken by Ward, in regards to Deathlok standing behind him hearing Ward rag on him. I think the reason it works so well when Simmons does it here is because it's not the same old forced "lol, got caught talking crap, what a awkward moment! Cue the laugh track!!" usage of the line, but an entirely natural extension of Simmons' ongoing exacerbation with Ward and this situation. She didn't get caught, it wasn't awkward, it was just more of her going "Ugh, for gently caress'S SAKE" which was great.

Oh you are totally right about it being Ward who originally said that. Even better though.

• Locked thread