Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

wait is that Boogie2988?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Dork457 posted:

wait is that Boogie2988?

Yeah, makes it even funnier. What led him to picking that picture?

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

World Famous W posted:

They ain't exactly quiet about it. Some say the golfing is work because he does meetings and greetings and fuckwhat on the green. Which they never said about a certain other president strangely

And they criticized Obama for not personally going to New Orleans during the flooding less than a year ago and chastised him for golfing during it. All this despite him sending federal help and the governor asking Obama (and Trump) not to come since police would be wasted on them rather than where police are actually needed. (Trump went anyways and was celebrated by conservatives for it)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

*clears throat loudly*

*leans into microphone*

"21 The Muns"

idgi

vvv

my thanks, before my time.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 20, 2017

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Discendo the Vox

Jack the Smack was someone who made moronic posts in these thread back in LF days. I can never remember if it was them that had the 'Bowl of gently caress' meltdown

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm glad he's around to remind me how hard it is to treat people like people and not like a race or gender or whatever.

Edit: I'm not entirely joking; I know how hard it is for some people. For all the talk I got about what's inside that counts growing up, I know that it had no effect on lots of people and for them, everyone new they interact with IS their outside appearance.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 20, 2017

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

George W Bush took 1000+ vacation days during his two terms as President :stare:

Barack "literally golfing every second of the day" Obama took 298.

Edit: The next closest is FDR who took just under 1000 days off.... during his 12 years as President.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

World Famous W posted:

Discendo the Vox

Jack the Smack was someone who made moronic posts in these thread back in LF days. I can never remember if it was them that had the 'Bowl of gently caress' meltdown
I assumed it was the oold anecdote about a group of people who memorized a joke book and only had to state the page number for everyone to get the joke.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Xander77 posted:

I assumed it was the oold anecdote about a group of people who memorized a joke book and only had to state the page number for everyone to get the joke.

Off topic, but who the gently caress have you pissed off that they keep spending money on giving you those lovely titles?

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

World Famous W posted:

I think that was Hans Asperger actually. LF did have its share of personalities.

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 20, 2017

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Jay Rust posted:

When did Branco start cartooning? The earliest I can find are cartoons from 2010.

When I googled him to see if there was a bio on his site, I noticed comicallyincorrect dot com proudly declaring:

quote:

First there was Franklin. Then there was Nast. Now there is Branco. A.F. Branco is the latest rising star in a long line of political cartoonists, and his work already surpasses some of the giants in the business. I encourage readers to enjoy his creative and humorous satire and to spread the word that Branco. At long last we have a conservative political cartoonist whose sharp mind, able pen, and incisive wit counteract the destructive falsehoods, distortions, and manipulation of the left-leaning mainstream media. Branco is a surgeon and his pen is his scalpel, an instrument he wields with laser-like precision in cutting through the philosophical morass of liberal orthodoxy.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

FronzelNeekburm posted:

First there was Franklin. Then there was Nast. Now there is Branco. A.F. Branco is the latest rising star in a long line of political cartoonists, and his work already surpasses some of the giants in the business. I encourage readers to enjoy his creative and humorous satire and to spread the word that Branco. At long last we have a conservative political cartoonist whose sharp mind, able pen, and incisive wit counteract the destructive falsehoods, distortions, and manipulation of the left-leaning mainstream media. Branco is a surgeon and his pen is his scalpel, an instrument he wields with laser-like precision in cutting through the philosophical morass of liberal orthodoxy.

The bluntest scalpel

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

quote:

I encourage readers to enjoy his creative and humorous satire and to spread the word that Branco. 

gonna tell all of my friends and family that Branco.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I got nothing substantial to post other than that I appreciated the Jack The Smack shoutout a couple pages back and now I'm uncomfortably aware of how long I have been following this thread and its various incarnations, thank you for reading

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Oh gently caress not again.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Starving Wolf posted:

Off topic, but who the gently caress have you pissed off that they keep spending money on giving you those lovely titles?
No idea. Shame, cause we could have had a fun little title war (until I grew bored).

There's actually a bunch of people with the same "kill yourself" and "put this poster on ignore IMMEDIATELY" titles. Including a guy who apparently had the temerity of doing reality show recaps? Someone has a lot of money to waste.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Erenthal posted:

I think that was Hans Asperger actually. LF did have its share of personalities.

I'm pretty sure you're right, Jack started out being genuinely baffled by pretty much any piece of art, and eventually just trolled until he got banned for almost killing people with a motorcycle.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It occurs to me, do we have any direct evidence that he even knows that he misled people, even for the purpose of making fun of them for being stupid enough to believe him? Or is everything he says correct to him, all the way down to his bones?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There it is.

:argh:

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

This is the political cartoon version of drawing your opponent as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIy_RXX_VLE

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I thought guys like Branco were all about taking up arms to defend yourself from a government you feel is trampling you.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Xander77 posted:

No idea. Shame, cause we could have had a fun little title war (until I grew bored).

There's actually a bunch of people with the same "kill yourself" and "put this poster on ignore IMMEDIATELY" titles. Including a guy who apparently had the temerity of doing reality show recaps? Someone has a lot of money to waste.

I suspect Joementum.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

I thought guys like Branco were all about taking up arms to defend yourself from a government you feel is trampling you.

That's only for white people whose government wants to take their guns, everyone else is a dangerous criminal.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Vib Rib posted:

Nah see they're spraying "ANTI-FREE SPEECH" which is a very real thing that all good Soros-funded anarchists have lots of and magically imposes ANARCHIST TOTALITARIANISM in high doses. As opposed to real Americans taking up arms to defend themselves, which is all about killing honourable but corrupt people and lynching the ones that ain't quite people, for the good of democracy.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Somebody 'edit the face mask with "Kantian Nihilism" TIA

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
im the hillary anarchist

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Somfin posted:

Nah see they're spraying "ANTI-FREE SPEECH" which is a very real thing that all good Soros-funded anarchists have lots of and magically imposes ANARCHIST TOTALITARIANISM in high doses. As opposed to real Americans taking up arms to defend themselves, which is all about killing honourable but corrupt people and lynching the ones that ain't quite people, for the good of democracy.

"I disagree."

LEFT WING RADICALS ADMIT THAT THEY HATE FREEDOM

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The Bloop posted:

She's not just the president's daughter anymore.

I mean, was she ever just Trump's daughter? :barf:

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I love the anarchy A, because it's totally the Democrats that want to get rid of government and not libertarians. (Republicans)

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Kurtofan posted:

im the hillary anarchist

Hell, I'm the anarchist communist.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Is this supposed to be read right to left? Is tinsley a weeb

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Yep tinsley, sure is weird how people who say racist and sexist poo poo display an astounding lack of understanding of the problems with what they say even when called on it.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne's decision to stand down as an MP – Former chancellor announces he will leave Commons after taking up string of other jobs, including editing Evening Standard"

Telegraph:

"This is the truth about whether a Liberal Democrat resurgence in the upcoming general election is realistic"

Independent:

'Crush the saboteurs': British newspapers react to general election

Times:

Bonus!

Bill O'Reilly fired from Fox News, company confirms

Mail:
Mac on... Lib Dems rising from the dead

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

There it is.

:argh:

Of course, the brave individualists who boldly took over that park headquarters a while back? Legal insurrectionists....

E:fb. Badly...

MrUnderbridge fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Apr 20, 2017

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Munchables posted:

Yeah, makes it even funnier. What led him to picking that picture?
First GIS result of "fat nerd" is another picture of Boogie so I guess he went from there.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Viva la Revolución, motherfuckers.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Branco just got himself bumped a few spots up my list of "people to laugh at as they get put up against the wall during the revolution."

(It's me I'm the "anti-Constitution")

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Apr 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kurtofan posted:

im the hillary anarchist

Starshark posted:

Hell, I'm the anarchist communist.

lol like Branco has time to draw distinctions between different non-right-wing groups

There's the Tea Party and Trumpists (they are the same group in his mind and have been ever since Branco abandoned Ted Cruz), there's the GOP EST :argh:, and then there's all the people Soros has paid to do things. Those are the only three political factions in this country.

• Locked thread