Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Coming back the first time I had about 170 lbs of stuff with some left in Valentine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

As I proved you can lug at least a 70lb box of crap with you on a Greyhound bus, so long as you start your journey at a sketchy gas station that doesn't bother to weigh your luggage and just hands you a claim check. :v:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

ExplodingSims posted:

As I proved you can lug at least a 70lb box of crap with you on a Greyhound bus, so long as you start your journey at a sketchy gas station that doesn't bother to weigh your luggage and just hands you a claim check. :v:
I only just got your new red text :buddy:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Super Soaker Party! posted:

, but I've been enjoying this thread so much that when wesleywillis (thanks for your awesome writing by the way) posted the lyrics I was like
ANYWAY! Hail Satan.

No problem. Thats not the first time I wrote a song about 14 inch Dick actually...
The user, not actual giant dicks...

So what IS going on? We've had blueballs since about Jesus day.

If you don't have plans finalized yet we all understand, cause you know, life and all that. But we're all dying to know what is in the works.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 19, 2017

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Great song. As the songwriter said, the lyrics are a bit clunky in places (but the lines like "way back at home was his kitty alone" make up for it), but the singing/editing is spot-on.

For the next go-'round, is there a WalMart in Valentine? 'Cause they have that "buy online, pick up at store" thing, might be handy for supplying Dick with jerky and Camels quicker than the vagaries of the USPS, or wiring cash via Western Union to avoid having to deal with prepaid Paypal credit cards.

Also, seconding the "sell this as a low-budget Roadkill." I know a car guy transplanted to Texas from SoCal who could play the straight man (in both senses of the word) to 14"'s PNW nutjobbery (my friend's going on two years swapping the engine in his 240z, and is even slower at being paid to restore a '69 Ford pickup for a friend), and I could shoot it. Or shoot the mechanics in the back of the head, if necessary.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

Dudes hitch-hike around while walking the Appalachian Trail with a backpack full of poo poo. I'm pretty sure you could find a way to get 50 pounds of tools and cat food to Valentine.

14 INCH GORP

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Delivery McGee posted:

For the next go-'round, is there a WalMart in Valentine? 'Cause they have that "buy online, pick up at store" thing, might be handy for supplying Dick with jerky and Camels quicker than the vagaries of the USPS, or wiring cash via Western Union to avoid having to deal with prepaid Paypal credit cards.
I wish. There isn't much close by, although I suppose for other reasons that is its own advantage.

That being said, it's kind of up in the air, what the next adventure is going to look like. Danno isn't living there anymore, and hasn't explicitly said that it's cool for 14", or whoever, to camp out.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

14 NUT GORP

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Bring overweight and excess baggage through Greyhound Package Express:

You'll need to check any excess baggage at the Greyhound Package Express counter
You can ship 5 pieces of excess baggage at a discounted rate of $35-$45 each, depending on how far you're going. This is in addition to those you're allowed to bring on board. Any more than 5 items will be charged at our usual rates.
The maximum weight for baggage shipped using Greyhound Package Express is 75lb (34kg) per item.
You'll need to show proof of purchase for your ticket to get the discounted rate.

Probably $35 for each 75 lb 14 inch package.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Idk if it should be his next name or thread title but

$35 for each 75lb 14 inch package

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I can only dream how this thread will get better.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

shortspecialbus posted:

I can only dream how this thread will get better.

14 gets his teeth fixed, but with chrome horse teeth?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Cat Hatter posted:

14 gets his teeth fixed, but with chrome horse teeth?

14's teeth shall actually be eternal, shiny and chrome.

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

angryrobots posted:

I wish. There isn't much close by, although I suppose for other reasons that is its own advantage.

That being said, it's kind of up in the air, what the next adventure is going to look like. Danno isn't living there anymore, and hasn't explicitly said that it's cool for 14", or whoever, to camp out.

I can say that I will be back in Valentine for two weeks in June. I'm trying to get some stuff organized and the truck is a priority on my list. Sims has contacted me and is shipping some exhaust parts. I'll actually be back in town at the first of May. I'll take a pic and post it so everyone gets an idea of what's going on. I was actually out there two weeks ago. With the green grass and warm sun it really looked different from the frozen hell hole that I had remembered.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Art.

You could do the lounge version.

Noblesse oblige.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

speechless

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Noblesse oblige.

God drat, dude. :catstare:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

There needs to be a golder mine just for this thread.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Can anyone post the link to the thread where 14 INCH documents his journey to Valentine? Can't find it because I'm dumb.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3802973

edit: goddamnit, that's not the right thread is it. I'll see if I can find it.

e2: I think it got goldmined

e3: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3787174&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=25

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:24 on May 2, 2017

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Hey truck goons. I hope this is the right thread to post in about a truck question. A family member is offering to sell me an 02 Toyota Sequoia with 223k miles on it for three grand. That's more miles than I'd like but other than that, it's got all the bells and whistles I want (mainly four wheel drive). How do the engines in those hold up if well maintained?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Trampus posted:

Hey truck goons. I hope this is the right thread to post in about a truck question. A family member is offering to sell me an 02 Toyota Sequoia with 223k miles on it for three grand. That's more miles than I'd like but other than that, it's got all the bells and whistles I want (mainly four wheel drive). How do the engines in those hold up if well maintained?

:lol:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Trampus posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3213538

here friend, this is something else.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Actually, the general chat or stupid questions thread would be as, if not more, appropriate.

Early '00 Toyotas are generally stupidly bulletproof, as long as they see a _little_ bit of maintenance. If the truck has been maintained, it'd probably be reliable. Cosmetics and the price are the other outstanding questions. $3k is a bit high for an in-family price, imo.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I see that sort of truck posted all the time with 250k on them and no one bats an eye. If it has been maintained well then it's fine. If no one cares for it then you can get plenty of 100k mike vehicles for $3k

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So hey I still have a thread here!

So given events over in the other 14" thread, things had been looking kind uncertain for the future of the truck, I knew I wouldn't be able to make it out there any time soon, and we'll we're all hoping for the best for Dick.

But, worry not goons, for plans are still being made in the background. There might be some goings on in June, but nothing concrete yet. But I do have a shopping cart full of parts, and when I get the signal they'll be on their way.
And if all else fails, a solid way to get the truck to at least South Carolina has been formed as well.

So stay tuned for partial excitement!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

So stay tuned for partial excitement! a case of blue balls

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.
Thanks for the info guys. 200k plus miles might not be a big deal but that's still a pretty scary number to me, especially not knowing how well maintained it was before my family member got their dirty mitts on it. I'm not going to be putting a ton of miles on the thing, probably around 5k a year so I think I'll look for something with less miles that will last longer.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

I Bought Some Parts: Good Decisions ITT?

We have special reports that there may be activity on the scene. We are awaiting confirmation from our eyewitness on scene.
More on this and other news, at 11.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
:f5:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Hey it so it turns out if you leave something sitting in a field for a year nature kinda takes over:

Guess all that extra iron there really helped the grass grow :v:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Don't worry, I know a guy who's great with brush fires.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

If you read the SDS on panther piss, it's also used as fertilizer and fungicide.

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta
How do you feel about those tires also sitting in a field for that long? :ohdear:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

They're brand new tires, so I'm not too worried about them.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
You now know how archaeologists felt when they fought their way through the Amazon, hacking through vegetation, predators and a few unfriendly(unlucky) natives, to discover a hidden temple to a god of fire. This temple, once the site of gruesome sacrifices of flesh and fire, where the priest stood proud upon his altar, holding his trophies and ceremonial instruments in the air, letting forth mighty trumpet blasts that the universe may tremble before the power in his hands.

The temple shall bear witness to such rituals again.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Yes yes all this is good, but where is dick?

I need my burning jeep fix.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Selling his remaining tools on Craigslist. I believe his part of this story has come to an end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

ExplodingSims posted:

They're brand new tires, so I'm not too worried about them.

The weeds block UV rays from the sun, it's like nature's RV tire cover :)

• Locked thread