Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Ashcans posted:

Well, he doesn't actually have a sword or pants, so when it comes to it the belt is pretty gratuitous to start with. I don't think he'll miss it.

he will miss standing upright when the belt tangles his legs up and he eats dirt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TKIY posted:

Racist.

Skeletal Justice Warriors rise again :skeltal:

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New Dorks are up for pre-order (in Australia and NZ but nowhere else, as of this post)

$40 for boss Dork with hammer-thingy.
$77 for ten Dork mooks.
$145 for flying Dork boat.

Dorks...

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Those are weirdobucks before anyone starts jerking off, the UK prices are pretty average (£15 for main character gently caress that, £50 for big boat ehhh, £27.50 for unit). The boat is pretty sweet.

Kharandon Overlords remains a terrible name. At least Steamhead Duardin left some kind of loving impression.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Saint Drogo posted:

Kharandon Overlords remains a terrible name. At least Steamhead Duardin left some kind of loving impression.

Speak for yourself. I loved Susan Kharandon in the Orky Horror Picture Show. It had lots of great and truly memorable songs like Touch-A Touch-A Touch My Reality Balls and Over At the Fyreslayer Place.

i'm so, so sorry

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Irate Tree posted:

New Dorks are up for pre-order (in Australia and NZ but nowhere else, as of this post)

$40 for boss Dork with hammer-thingy.
$77 for ten Dork mooks.
$145 for flying Dork boat.

Dorks...

So one of the LGS owners posted this in freedom dollars:
Arkanaut Frigate: $80
Arkanaut Company: $45
Arkanaut Admiral: $25

and apparently the "frigate" isn't even the big one. It's the medium-sized balloon thing so the real big flapship one is probably closer to the NZ dollars. :psyduck:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i love how gw, mantic and warlord want to act like the gbp hasnt eaten poo poo when they convert their prices. 15 gbp for that steamdorf admiral is more like 19 usd, not loving 25

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:literally shaking with rage:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i love how gw, mantic and warlord want to act like the gbp hasnt eaten poo poo when they convert their prices. 15 gbp for that steamdorf admiral is more like 19 usd, not loving 25

Try being a Canadian comparing to US prices. We've been on par before and still seeing a 30% increase.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TKIY posted:

Try being a Canadian comparing to US prices. We've been on par before and still seeing a 30% increase.

yea but at least your president isnt an international joke

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

people who think their cost of living went up by 25% when their currency falls 25% against the US dollar

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm thinking of getting rid of my Shael Han models for Wrath of Kings, and want to offer them here! I had all the factions from the kickstater (because I was insane) and already gave one of my friends the Hadross. I'm keeping Teknis and Goritsi.

So, you want a poo poo load of models? Let me know, send me a PM, US only, final destination. The only stipulation is that you find a sucker and play a game and let us know how it is. Proxy, obviously, and the rules are free so there you go. Granted there are enough models that you can do a Shael Han versus Shael Han game at the smaller levels without duplicating models!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Canada doesn't have a president. Canada has a Queen.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

Canada doesn't have a president. Canada has a Queen.

Now just because Justin did yoga, there is no reason for name calling.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Canada's not on par anymore. :laffo:

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

so you're saying we shouldn't lust for economic collapse so we can get cheap space barbies??

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If it costs less to have the space barbies shipped from the UK, by all means go for it, but otherwise GW and every other company are going to continue to charge what the market will bear, and not just give out big discounts to foreign markets because of changes in currency exchange rates.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

Canada's not on par anymore. :laffo:

Obviously, but it was for almost two years and we never got a price adjustment.

Besides, it's just a matter of time before we're all using bottle caps as currency anyhow.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

That's just because people haven't realized how deep in China's pockets he is yet.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

LordAba posted:

So, you want a poo poo load of models? Let me know, send me a PM, US only, final destination. The only stipulation is that you find a sucker and play a game and let us know how it is.

I still haven't found a group to play Dark Age with. :negative: (Although to be fair I haven't really been trying because I have about 50 other things I need to get done first in my life.)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Rescuers find little baby opossum abandoned and alone. Loving dog adopts it as her own
http://shareably.net/dog-adopts-baby-opossum/?utm_source=LF1&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=dogs

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Moola posted:

Rescuers find little baby opossum abandoned and alone. Loving dog adopts it as her own
http://shareably.net/dog-adopts-baby-opossum/?utm_source=LF1&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=dogs

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/possum-gazes-longingly-at-family-walking-dog-32404P

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Huh. The Onion has a pretty funny 404 page.

Here you go:
http://www.theonion.com/graphic/possum-gazes-longingly-at-family-walking-dog-32404

and here's the video:
http://www.theonion.com/video/possum-gazes-longingly-at-family-walking-dog-32388

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 18, 2017

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Games Workshop just called me hoping to get me to give them money!

Unfortunately for them my shop is in a tiny town and their retailer minimum stock levels would require me to carry tons of garbage that will turn over once a year optimistically, so I will not be giving GW my money.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ultiville posted:

retailer minimum stock levels

no no no you see because they added points to Age of Sigmar and the company has sort of acknowledged that sisters of battle exist and they're bringing back necromunda

so GW is good now, see

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

The law protects no one unless it binds everyone, binds no one unless it protects everyone.

Leperflesh posted:

no no no you see because they added points to Age of Sigmar and the company has sort of acknowledged that sisters of battle exist and they're bringing back necromunda

so GW is good now, see

Hmm so you'll give me 45% off

and best case scenario I'll sell 50% of this garbage over a year

so in a year I will not quite break even with your stuff

yes a good company and a good plan, yes

this is far better than letting me get rulebooks and start collecting sets and special order everything else to get you into a new market because

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Tell them you are intrigued by their offer but you will need some free samples to inspect.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Tell them you are intrigued by their offer but you will need some free samples to inspect.

TBH I am hoping they tell me it'll do well if I push it aggressively so I can rant at them a bit about how I value my customers' trust and won't push terribly designed games over good ones.

It wouldn't be productive but I played 40k for some years way back before there were better options so it'd be nice to get it off my chest.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!

Ultiville posted:

TBH I am hoping they tell me it'll do well if I push it aggressively so I can rant at them a bit about how I value my customers' trust and won't push terribly designed games over good ones.

It wouldn't be productive but I played 40k for some years way back before there were better options so it'd be nice to get it off my chest.

GW will then set up one of their shops down the street from you.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

This only works if you're a software development company.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

GW will then set up one of their shops down the street from you.

It's a town of 8,000 and I don't stock their product at all right now because my distributor doesn't have it, so uh, good luck to them I guess.

Having a second store in the same market but with no competing products would be pretty sweet.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Ultiville posted:

Games Workshop just called me hoping to get me to give them money!

Unfortunately for them my shop is in a tiny town and their retailer minimum stock levels would require me to carry tons of garbage that will turn over once a year optimistically, so I will not be giving GW my money.

You got any Infinity or Malifaux?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

FLGS owner just posted this:

Everything I've heard about dealing with GW stock-wise sounds like a giant pain in the rear end.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Pierzak posted:

You got any Infinity or Malifaux?

I've got the FFG wargames in basic stock. Infinity and Malifaux don't even appear to be offered through my distributor, so I'd have to try to expand my network to carry them, and it doesn't seem like anyone around here plays.

Small wargames seem super hard to stock at a store, even at Pandemonium which is much larger than mine, we never had much success with anything but the big ones. (40k, Warmahordes, X-Wing.)

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Ultiville posted:

I've got the FFG wargames in basic stock. Infinity and Malifaux don't even appear to be offered through my distributor, so I'd have to try to expand my network to carry them, and it doesn't seem like anyone around here plays.

Small wargames seem super hard to stock at a store, even at Pandemonium which is much larger than mine, we never had much success with anything but the big ones. (40k, Warmahordes, X-Wing.)

Are you in MI?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Ultiville posted:

Yeah, the problem is that a lot of small wargames don't move and take up inordinate amounts of shelf space.

I'm reminded of a bookshelf of flames of war early war stuff that sat there for three years.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
FoW isn't exactly small (at least in the UK; but then Malifaux isn't either, so far as I can tell), but it has the issue that really tiny amounts of people need tiny amounts of specific stuff. T-34s don't sit (usually), but T-26 earlies do.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

spectralent posted:

FoW isn't exactly small (at least in the UK; but then Malifaux isn't either, so far as I can tell), but it has the issue that really tiny amounts of people need tiny amounts of specific stuff. T-34s don't sit (usually), but T-26 earlies do.

In the US it's very hit-or-miss. There's a couple hotspots for it but it's dead everywhere else.

Ultiville
Jan 14, 2005

Cat Face Joe posted:

Are you in MI?

MA, so only one letter off!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Ultiville posted:

MA, so only one letter off!

Ah, we have a large game store here in SE MI called Pandemonium.

• Locked thread