Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Landry at 15 per just doesn't feel right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I had only read 12. Is there some actual validity to 15? I heard up to 12 for Stills and we got him for 8.

I would agree 15 mil is too much.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

10-12 is probably the right range for him.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
With the offer to Gillislee the Pats are putting the Bills between the devil and the deep blue sea. 
Either we lose an asset that will immediately be turned around and used against us 
Or
Overpay for a good but not great player.

The only way we can come out ahead is if we draft a probowler with the 5th they would have to give us.... Hahahaha

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

pasaluki posted:

With the offer to Gillislee the Pats are putting the Bills between the devil and the deep blue sea. 
Either we lose an asset that will immediately be turned around and used against us 
Or
Overpay for a good but not great player.

The only way we can come out ahead is if we draft a probowler with the 5th they would have to give us.... Hahahaha

Like Charles Clay except this time the team doing the screwing over actually knows what they're doing. and won't end up in cap hell for a mediocre player.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
It's seriously strange seeing guys like Hogan Clay and Gillislee be so highly coveted

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Amy Pole Her posted:

It's seriously strange seeing guys like Hogan Clay and Gillislee be so highly coveted

Hogan worked out great for the Patriots. I mean, not like a superstar or anything, but Brady's deep ball immediately re-appeared out of loving nowhere when Hogan was on the receiving end of them. And Hogan led the league in yards per reception.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I wonder if those guys are highly coveted by the rest of the league or just by teams in the AFC East.

Also it's weird how guys that switch between AFC East teams never seem to pan out unless they go to the Patriots.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I wonder if those guys are highly coveted by the rest of the league or just by teams in the AFC East.

Also it's weird how guys that switch between AFC East teams never seem to pan out unless they go to the Patriots.

going to a non-patriots afc east team never seems to work out for anyone

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Define "work out"? Because plenty of free agents have done well in the rest of the AFC East (Pro Bowls, All Pros,etc). Obviously they're not winning playoff games but that speaks more to the mismanagement of the coaches and FO's than anything else.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
going to the AFC:E has worked out well for Suh's pocketbook, if nothing else

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Incognito has been pretty good for the Bills.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

evilweasel posted:

going to a non-patriots afc east team never seems to work out for anyone

in a totally unrelated thing, isn't it odd how all those people who applied to Harvard but wound up at University of Phoenix just don't seem to be doing as well in their lives? I wonder why

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Define "work out"? Because plenty of free agents have done well in the rest of the AFC East (Pro Bowls, All Pros,etc). Obviously they're not winning playoff games but that speaks more to the mismanagement of the coaches and FO's than anything else.

I meant more players that go from one AFC East team to another. I can't really think of anyone that had those types of Pro Bowl, All Pro seasons unless they go to the Pats like Welker. With the amount of AFC East incest I'm sure there have been but I can't think of any.

Charles Clay has had 2 decent seasons with the Bills but with the money they're paying him even that is a bit underwhelming.

E: Yeah Incognito has been very good for the Bills, forgot about him.

Nov 6, 2002

Brandon Marshall did very well in NY overall.
Mario Williams had a good first year in Buffalo and made second team All Pro.
Thomas Jones had a few good seasons for the Jets.
Alan Faneca was good on the Jets.
Kris Jenkins was great on the Jets until his knee blew up.
Joey Porter on the Dolphins.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Not all of those are the product of AFCe incest though.

Curtis Martin obviously
Damien Woody
Ty Law made a Pro Bowl with the Jets

I honestly can't think of too many that we signed from the Bills or Dolphins though. JAY FIEDLER. Jason Taylor was an abortion. I guess Fitzpatrick counts and had a good year.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Apr 18, 2017

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Brandon Marshall did very well in NY overall.
Mario Williams had a good first year in Buffalo and made second team All Pro.
Thomas Jones had a few good seasons for the Jets.
Alan Faneca was good on the Jets.
Kris Jenkins was great on the Jets until his knee blew up.
Joey Porter on the Dolphins.

None of those guys came from other AFC East teams though. I'm talking specifically about guys like Charles Clay, Chris Hogan, Baccari Rambo, Scott Chandler, Percy Harvin and now Gillislee of the top of my head. I wonder if AFC East teams overvalue players they face twice a year more than other divisions.

I guess you could call Chad Penningtons two seasons with the Dolphins kinda successful.

Nov 6, 2002

Yeah I know, I was responding to evilweasel's post that going to non-Pats AFC:E teams never works out for anyone.

I don't know how much more pronounced the AFC East incest thing is versus other divisions.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Yeah I know, I was responding to evilweasel's post that going to non-Pats AFC:E teams never works out for anyone.

I don't know how much more pronounced the AFC East incest thing is versus other divisions.

Rodney Hudson is great! Thanks, Chiefs!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Suh is still playing at an elite level

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'd actually like to see a study that tracked it around the league, because I mean we can all immediately think of Brett Favre in purple or Donovan McNabb / DeSearn Jackson in Washington, but nobody is really tracking whatever random roster filler is doing as they move around the league.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

fsif knew what was up a month ago.

Pleased as punch, I like Gillislee.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I assume this means Blount will be moving on, which pleases me greatly.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Mike Gillislee was actually drafted by the Dolphins in the 5th-round a few years back. If the Bills don't match the Patriots's offer, then he'll only have a team to go to complete the cycle.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/NESN/status/854439402193522690

Now let's see if the Saints will pony up for him.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

James White extended for 3 more years

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/854469267600920576

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Mike Gillislee was actually drafted by the Dolphins in the 5th-round a few years back. If the Bills don't match the Patriots's offer, then he'll only have a team to go to complete the cycle.

And much like Hogan he wasn't good enough to play for Joe Philbin. Hogan thing was worse though, since our best WR at the time was Brian Hartline.

Nov 6, 2002

Holy poo poo I didn't realize Chris Hogan was already 29.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Holy poo poo I didn't realize Chris Hogan was already 29.

Makes sense. He was on our season of hard knocks like five and a half years ago

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

TheBizzness posted:

Incognito has been pretty good for the Bills.

This is the best example of non-Pats AFCE incest working. Incognito was a very good player in Miami and still is one of the best guards in football.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'd be a bit surprised if the Bills don't match on Gillislee, but who knows with this team.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

I'd be a bit surprised if the Bills don't match on Gillislee, but who knows with this team.

Either way Whaley is a loving idiot for having that tender on him to begin with. If NE has to pay a 2nd rounder for him, they never pursue him. He is definitely worth a 5th round pick easily and hasn't even hit his prime.

The Patriots exposed them big time. No matter what the Bills get hurt. Either by massively overpaying for a backup running back when the team has other glaring holes (one of which is they took our loving CB) or we lose our 2nd best running back on a running team.

Unless we get some seriously badass players in the draft the Patriots are going to beat us to death with our own players.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

To recap, the Pats basically traded Butler for Cooks, right?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

Saints also got a third.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

No Butt Stuff posted:

He has only signed his tender, he hasn't been traded yet.

Ralker
Sep 2, 2008
Grimey Drawer
FWIW my coworker's niece is Gillislee's girlfriend and she said that he already signed a 4 year 16 million contract last week even though his agent wanted him to hold out for more offers. I'm kinda curious how accurate this information is. Didn't have guaranteed numbers but said she will ask about it tonight. Also that they are house shopping in buffalo now.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ralker posted:

FWIW my coworker's niece is Gillislee's girlfriend and she said that he already signed a 4 year 16 million contract last week even though his agent wanted him to hold out for more offers. I'm kinda curious how accurate this information is. Didn't have guaranteed numbers but said she will ask about it tonight. Also that they are house shopping in buffalo now.

Let me tell you about the NFL transaction wire ...

Ralker
Sep 2, 2008
Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Let me tell you about the NFL transaction wire ...

Ok, update from my exclusive source: Gillislee signed with New England yesterday, didn't have contract info, so we shall see.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ralker posted:

Ok, update from my exclusive source: Gillislee signed with New England yesterday, didn't have contract info, so we shall see.

Yes he signed an offer sheet, which was wildly reported. He can't sign an actual contact until Monday because the Bills have until then to decide. Your source is full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralker
Sep 2, 2008
Grimey Drawer

GaussianCopula posted:

Yes he signed an offer sheet, which was wildly reported. He can't sign an actual contact until Monday because the Bills have until then to decide. Your source is full of poo poo.

Or she doesn't know the ins and outs of NFL contracts which I don't blame her for.

• Locked thread