Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Montasque posted:

Speaking of LARP battles the alt-lite is plotting another "free speech" march, this time in Boston.

Details?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Wikkheiser posted:

https://twitter.com/DeadPundits/status/854975245568139264

Haven't listened yet.

Edit: Listening now.

It's pretty good and stuff.

wasn't the guy who makes that podcast ranting about sjws infesting the DSA the other day?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

sneakyfrog posted:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/04/far-right-white-supremacists-berkeley-protests-antifa-trump

worth reading for this quote alone

:swoon:

also some more posturing from basic stickdork

quote:

An African America woman from LA, wearing a Trump T-shirt and an American flag bandana, takes the microphone. "Do I look like a racist?!" she says. "Do I look like a Nazi?! I am a black American!" Another M-80 explodes in the distance. "African Americans are being put in categories as Muslims. We are not Muslims! We are not from Africa! We are black Americans. And for all you mothers and fathers out there: Protect your daughters because the Muslim Brotherhood believes in marrying nine-year-old girls. They are kidnapping these little girls in America. We as Americans have to take matters into our own hands."

the perfect Model Minority

my heart goes out to the few Racial/Sexual minorities in Trumps "Movement"

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

and i must meme posted:

wasn't the guy who makes that podcast ranting about sjws infesting the DSA the other day?

sjw complaining is Freddie's thing (or was, I thought he stopped writing)

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

some of freddie's rants about college campuses and academia literally read like right wing ones except with some words changed, it's incredible

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Zikan posted:

some of freddie's rants about college campuses and academia literally read like right wing ones except with some words changed, it's incredible

Yeah, it's a lot of hand-wringing about freedom of ideas and college kids needing to just toughen up and knock off those trigger warnings. drat kids, get off my lawn!:argh:

Completely ignoring the fact that when you let Milo Yiannopolis on stage at your school, he will quite deliberately attempt to cause harm to students.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Al-Saqr posted:

Holy poo poo white racists are loving garbage, good on that brave woman.

:lol: what is it with you loving people and this irrational fear of Affirmative Action?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Darkman Fanpage posted:

and other types of racists are fine as long as they're not white?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ask him about Kurds for a good time ;)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

Speaking of LARP battles the alt-lite is plotting another "free speech" march, this time in Boston.

The whitest, most racist big city in the country? Probably want a cakewalk.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:lol: Look at who's never been to San Diego.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

so far that's just a post on 8chan

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Majorian posted:

:lol: Look at who's never been to San Diego.

I never in a million years would have guessed that San Diego is whiter than Boston, but that's exactly what the statistics are telling me.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I never in a million years would have guessed that San Diego is whiter than Boston, but that's exactly what the statistics are telling me.

Right? It's like a medieval territorial march, only instead of against the Welsh, it's against the scary, scary Mexicans who are takin' ARR JURBS.

Seriously, it is a very racist city.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at being able to easily identify prisons, you can see donavon & juvy down there

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at being able to easily identify prisons, you can see donavon & juvy down there

Yeah, and I'm shocked, shocked that there is so much red in La Jolla.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Majorian posted:

Yeah, it's a lot of hand-wringing about freedom of ideas and college kids needing to just toughen up and knock off those trigger warnings. drat kids, get off my lawn!:argh:

Completely ignoring the fact that when you let Milo Yiannopolis on stage at your school, he will quite deliberately attempt to cause harm to students.
But didn't Milo use these attempts to muzzle his speeches as a way to boost his profile? Seems counter-productive. Freddie's argument is that there's also a Streisand Effect at work. Milo could always out students on his Facebook page to his hundreds of thousands of followers if he wanted to.

And there's a reason Ann Coulter is going to Berkeley to give a speech. She's lost her edge and is late to the game but she's trying to catch up. She's way more effective if a big crowd shows up to muzzle her than if no one paid any attention except the Alameda County League of Women Republican Voters.

Or alternatively, look at Richard Spencer the other day. He got chased off campus and that's good. I don't care if Freddie whines about that. But the fact that he spoke and sounded like a jackass probably hurt him more than helped.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Apr 20, 2017

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wikkheiser posted:

But didn't Milo use these attempts to muzzle his speeches as a way to boost his profile? Seems counter-productive.

He did, and in a lot of cases I think it's wise to just let them give their lovely speech to the College Republicans or whatever. But Milo liked to out trans students and students who were undocumented immigrants to the U.S., and IMO, putting students in danger is a bridge too far. It was irresponsible for the colleges to consider having him in the first place.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I did some data analysis work with school race when I lived in Tulsa, Oklahoma. When I was trying to sort zipcodes into larger region buckets I had to open a map and find the zip code, then make a call on what region that zip code best fell into if it was a borderline case. After a few look ups I found it was way easier to check the racial makeup of the zipcode first, because that would almost always tell me exactly where in the city it was and what my region boundaries should be because of the extreme racial segregation. De facto segregation is real bad and getting worse.

Also, as a former resident of San Diego and current resident of Boston, what is the functional difference between vanguard of gentrification and just trying to fit in with the locals?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I'm morbidly curious to see what charters and the death of the public school system will do to segregation. If white families no longer have the fear of sending their kids to school with kids, will that help complete urban gentrification? I'm thinking about Oakland here which is prime real estate

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Wikkheiser posted:

Milo could always out students on his Facebook page to his hundreds of thousands of followers if he wanted to.

So it's ok for him to do it with a college sanction?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

OfficialGBSCaliph posted:

Ask him about Kurds for a good time ;)

Lol ok I think Kurds are good people who deserve equal political and human rights as anybody.

I don't know what you were expecting. Lol.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ze Pollack posted:

freddie 'fourth generation marxist' deboer ranting about the drat kids these days is kind of sad tbh

freddie deboer has always sucked

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

So it's ok for him to do it with a college sanction?
You're missing the point. Milo's ability to do that and for it to matter was proportional to the attempts to muzzle him, since that is an ineffective weapon in the age of the Streisand Effect. The question to ask is: If he outed undocumented students in a room and no one was there to hear him, did he really out them?

He grew stronger (and more threatening) like that big evil space ball in the Fifth Element that grew bigger every time the good guys shot at it. Eventually, some other people had to find the ancient stones (pedo tapes) to extinguish the evil just before it collided into Earth (CPAC / Simon & Schuster book deal).

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Apr 20, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I still think its ok to punch nazis, :shrug: if only to piss off liberals

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

"it's useless to resist the march of fascism" -liberals

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

freddie would be so mad if he found out people were calling him a liberal itt!!!!!!!!!!!! he'd write a long think piece about it calling you sjws and blaming you as the real cause of racism

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

freddie would be so mad if he found out people were calling him a liberal itt!!!!!!!!!!!! he'd write a long think piece about it calling you sjws and blaming you as the real cause of racism
he would. but he's got a point that the right came to power with a different set of tactics.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Al! posted:

fortunately you can respond in 140 characters or less.

"Dear Freddie, Drown yourself in a barrel of penises, make sure they are multi ethnicity and from various social and class levels xoxox"

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Agag posted:

That's why he's always banging on about "Byzantium." He's into the Orthodox "Moscow is the third Rome" argument. Just please ignore all the Middle Eastern and North African Orthodox Christians.

Also ignore the numerous Middle Eastern Emperors or that the main area of Christian thought was Antioch and Alexandria, not Constaninopolis.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Al! posted:

It would be so funny. Someone should tell him

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
freddie is the least likable figure on lefty twitter, which is a massive accomplishment considering the stiff competition

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

HorseRenoir posted:

freddie is the least likable figure on lefty twitter, which is a massive accomplishment considering the stiff competition

its because he's richard spencer but using coded language from hillaryis44.com

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001
I only check in on this thread occasionally so apologies if this has already been posted, but guess who the Southern Poverty Law Center is gunning for now.

quote:

The Southern Poverty Law Center, along with its Montana co-counsel, filed suit in federal court today against the founder of a major neo-Nazi website who orchestrated a harassment campaign that has relentlessly terrorized a Jewish woman and her family with anti-Semitic threats and messages.

The lawsuit describes how Andrew Anglin used his web forum, the Daily Stormer – the leading extremist website in the country – to publish 30 articles urging his followers to launch a “troll storm” against Tanya Gersh, a real estate agent in Whitefish, Montana. Gersh, her husband and 12-year-old son have received more than 700 harassing messages since December.

The intimidation began after Anglin accused Gersh of attempting to extort money from the mother of Richard Spencer. The younger Spencer heads the National Policy Institute, a white nationalist organization.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Homeless Friend posted:

I'm giggling at all the dots around the edges of North Island. That's not where the base housing is.

Not a Step posted:

Also, as a former resident of San Diego and current resident of Boston, what is the functional difference between vanguard of gentrification and just trying to fit in with the locals?

Gentrification means all the grubby-looking but cheap and awesome Mexican places disappear and get replaced with Dumbass Fusion Restaurant #8193.

Vincent Van Goatse has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Apr 21, 2017

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/855097185939189761

4chan's autism can now doxx you even if you're wearing a mask.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Remember when they thought the original Spencer Puncher was a human toilet?

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

A human toilet who, it turned out, had been dead for some time before the incident. If I remember correctly.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Woulda been way better if it was actually the human toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm giggling at all the dots around the edges of North Island. That's not where the base housing is.

Gentrification means all the grubby-looking but cheap and awesome Mexican places disappear and get replaced with Dumbass Fusion Restaurant #8193.

"gentrification" is the fascist/elite epithet except for cities