Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jedit posted:

That would be a world in which you have more than one person (or maybe two) to play with. For our group Temporum fills a neat slot for a game that holds five and plays in 40 minutes.

Intrigue has rules for 5-6 player Dominion and if everyone knows how to play 40 minutes isn't a problem.

the rules posted:

To set up for 5 or 6 players, combine the Treasure cards from Dominion and Dominion: Intrigue. Use 15 Provinces in the Supply for a 5-player game and 18 Provinces in the Supply for a 6-player game. All other Victory card piles (Estates, Duchies, and Victory Kingdom cards) remain at 12 cards per pile. Use 40 Curse cards for a 5-player game and 50 Curse cards for a 6-player game.

In a 5 or 6 player game, the game ends at the end of any player’s turn when one of two conditions is met: the Supply pile of Province cards is empty OR any 4 Supply piles are empty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Anybody interested in some online Food Chain Magnate this weekend, or Monday during the day? I'm pretty free this weekend, save for the science march tomorrow and then a show Sunday night.

And for people that have played it, how is the online version of Wir Sind Das Volk on BGC?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Intrigue has rules for 5-6 player Dominion and if everyone knows how to play 40 minutes isn't a problem.

Yeah, but don't.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Zark the Damned posted:

Teleports are pretty rare. IIRC there's a couple of re-usable wands in the deck and a handful of one-shot devices.
Sorry to bring this up again but I was researching Clank because a friend of mine mentioned it and searched the thread for mentions, and this really isn't the positive that you make it out to be. Making teleports rare actually makes the game worse, not better.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Johnny Truant posted:

Anybody interested in some online Food Chain Magnate this weekend, or Monday during the day? I'm pretty free this weekend, save for the science march tomorrow and then a show Sunday night.

And for people that have played it, how is the online version of Wir Sind Das Volk on BGC?

I'd be in

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Johnny Truant posted:

I will have times during the weekend that I"m free, but I can't say too far ahead of time. If you and some other people solidify a time, I will possibly be able to play. I think Saturday after 8pm EST is likely best for me.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Goddamn I hate nerds (a custom promo for sale on a FB group)

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Bottom Liner posted:

Do people buy these custom cards? I see people doing the same for other games so I'm guessing boobs and minis will always sell

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Johnny Truant posted:

Wir Sind Das Volk's BGC implementation is solid. They even hold tournaments using it.

Tigris & Euphrates to me is the one game I think of that first blew my mind with how elegant the design is. It's a great game, and thankfully the iOS version is good and has decent AI players, so I can actually play it :v:

EBag
May 18, 2006

Ropes4u posted:

Do people buy these custom cards? I see people doing the same for other games so I'm guessing boobs and minis will always sell

See: Tanto Cuore. Just ask Ruti "play it for the mechanics" bex

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Johnny Truant posted:

I could do Monday during the day if you're willing to teach.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bottom Liner posted:

These were supposed to be little keepsakes for tournaments. :lol: that people are selling them.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

These were supposed to be little keepsakes for tournaments. :lol: that people are selling them.

I don't give a drat if people sell promos, it's the fact that they made the creepy loving thing in the first place that is so cringe worthy.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Bottom Liner posted:

I don't give a drat if people sell promos, it's the fact that they made the creepy loving thing in the first place that is so cringe worthy.

I know. But it was a dumb little keepsake thing to hand out between friends in tournaments, for context. Like challenge coins.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Chill la Chill posted:

I know. But it was a dumb little keepsake thing to hand out between friends in tournaments, for context. Like challenge coins.

Yeah but you always gotta keep those on you or you buy the drinks.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

silvergoose posted:

Yeah but you always gotta keep those on you or you buy the drinks.

That's been done a couple times with these "squad-based" (since they're x-wing promos, groups will make a name for their local unit) promos yeah. Are they sexist? Hell yeah. Do I wish they made a kinky Poe Dameron one? See my av. But I just wanted to add context.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Chill la Chill posted:

That's been done a couple times with these "squad-based" (since they're x-wing promos, groups will make a name for their local unit) promos yeah. Are they sexist? Hell yeah. Do I wish they made a kinky Poe Dameron one? See my av. But I just wanted to add context.

I was just referring to challenge coins. vOv

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Played Biblios for the first time last night and I loved it.

It was three players and I think the auctioning would've been a little more tense with more, but in general I thought it was a great little variant on set collection that's super portable.

Highly recommend a try to anyone bored of Jaipur or Archaeology.

FulsomFrank fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 20, 2017

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Johnny Truant posted:

Send me a skype message 15-30 minutes ahead when you're getting ready to set up a game. If I'm available I'll play.

FulsomFrank posted:

Played Biblios for the first time last night and I loved it.

It was three players and I think the auctioning would've been a little more tense at with more, but in general I thought it was a great little variant on set collection that's super portable.

Highly recommend a try to anyone bored of Jaipur or Archaeology.

I tried it two-player based on a recommendation here and we both enjoyed it and we will play it again.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Johnny Truant posted:

Depends when this weekend but I would be down

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Biblios is great. You may enjoy the CMON Modern Art reprint coming out later this year too, it does a lot of the things I enjoy about Biblios but plays up to 5.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Anyone get the Terra Mystica app yet, any thoughts?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

There's a comment in the android store saying "I played a building and then my game wouldn't do anything other than go back to the app store, 1 star" and a dev responded asking for an actual bug report.

That's all I've got, I'm waiting too.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Bottom Liner posted:

The nickname for Hotshot Copilot isn't even Hot Copilot, it's Hotcop. This card should be a male stripper dressed as a police officer.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Poopy Palpy posted:

The nickname for Hotshot Copilot isn't even Hot Copilot, it's Hotcop. This card should be a male stripper dressed as a police officer.

Would be down with this.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Poopy Palpy posted:

:agreed: lets kickstarter this. I might actually just do a small print run myself since a stack of mini American/European cards doesn't cost much.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Dang, that's a lot of responses for FCM online! Alright so we've got...

-me
-CommonShore (possibly)
-Kashuno
-Kruller (Monday)
-angel opportunity (weekend)
-Papes

Who all could do tomorrow at like 9-9:30pm CST? Then maybe a Sunday session and Monday, as well? I'm thinking maybe 1-3 games, depending on how many players we have. When we had 3 players we managed 3 games in about 3 hours, but I'm guessing with more people it'll increase the time exponentially. Monday I've probably got to do it like early afternoon since I'm seeing The Revolution while they're touring, but that's at 8pm CST.

Kruller, I'm probably not the best person to try to teach the game since I've only played two games online, but I can certainly try to explain it! If you find the rules on like BGG and maybe dig one of the (albeit poorly made) intro videos to it on Youtube you should have a general idea of the gameplay. angel opportunity and CommonShore were the two cats I played my first games with and they definitely know their poo poo, so if they end up in a game I'll defer to them to explain if they're cool with that.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I might be able to make 930 CST Friday for one game, but don't delay anything on my account, and don't hesitate to fill up the group with someone else.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bottom Liner posted:

I have fixed it for you. I wouldn't want you to miss out on any cool mechanics:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Rutibex posted:

I have fixed it for you. I wouldn't want you to miss out on any cool mechanics:

Or he could use the original art that's not a pinup you incredible, mole-hill-defending imbecile. The gently caress is wrong with you that every time this loving happens you bring out the same worn out YOU PURITANS talking points over and over again. Last time you did this poo poo you even admitted that you weren't even arguing in earnest.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tekopo posted:

Or he could use the original art that's not a pinup

Well now I just feel silly :shrug: Sorry, I don't play the Star Wars games.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love
Is X-Wing any good even?

I have a friend that picked up some and has been trying to get me to play with him but I just think of all the other games I'd rather play and change the subject

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

FulsomFrank posted:

Is X-Wing any good even?

I have a friend that picked up some and has been trying to get me to play with him but I just think of all the other games I'd rather play and change the subject
Alright, I'll say this as a player that is really invested in the game and I've played in many different tournaments: probably not.

The game is getting to the stage in its life where it is getting bloated because older stuff isn't phased out like in a card game (It's pretty difficult to phase out an X-Wing/other iconic ship). The current releases all need to dip into the EU as well. The game can be decent if you don't chase the top meta and if you limit lists in thematic ways, and I still have fun playing the game, but if you want to play the game at least somewhat competitively I would not suggest getting into it.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's a pretty neat system that has done a lot with the design space. If you like the source material it's great. I enjoy it more digitally though because like any miniatures game it's a pain in the rear end to move and slight bumps or measuring differences can cost you the game and people can play pretty loose and be big dicks when you call them on it.

So basically, it's a lot of fun to play casually, but tournaments and leagues are full of spergs that make it very not fun (like most competitive games).

/\ he beat me to it

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 20, 2017

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

Dang, that's a lot of responses for FCM online! Alright so we've got...

-me
-CommonShore (possibly)
-Kashuno
-Kruller (Monday)
-angel opportunity (weekend)
-Papes

Who all could do tomorrow at like 9-9:30pm CST? Then maybe a Sunday session and Monday, as well? I'm thinking maybe 1-3 games, depending on how many players we have. When we had 3 players we managed 3 games in about 3 hours, but I'm guessing with more people it'll increase the time exponentially. Monday I've probably got to do it like early afternoon since I'm seeing The Revolution while they're touring, but that's at 8pm CST.

Kruller, I'm probably not the best person to try to teach the game since I've only played two games online, but I can certainly try to explain it! If you find the rules on like BGG and maybe dig one of the (albeit poorly made) intro videos to it on Youtube you should have a general idea of the gameplay. angel opportunity and CommonShore were the two cats I played my first games with and they definitely know their poo poo, so if they end up in a game I'll defer to them to explain if they're cool with that.

I could probably join a Sunday game if the time is set so I can schedule around it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

It's a pretty neat system that has done a lot with the design space. If you like the source material it's great. I enjoy it more digitally though because like any miniatures game it's a pain in the rear end to move and slight bumps or measuring differences can cost you the game and people can play pretty loose and be big dicks when you call them on it.

So basically, it's a lot of fun to play casually, but tournaments and leagues are full of spergs that make it very not fun (like most competitive games).

/\ he beat me to it
Don't use Sperg as an insult.

The competitive community of X-Wing is one of the better ones out there (in comparison to other competitive scenes I've been in) and tournaments are a lot of fun, I just think the cost to buy in at the moment is too great for anyone to really get into it and have fun at this stage.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
How is Armada? I was kinda thinking of picking that (or even the GMT reprint of Talon) up for casual play.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

T-Bone posted:

How is Armada? I was kinda thinking of picking that (or even the GMT reprint of Talon) up for casual play.
Pretty much the same: decent at casual, but probably even worse than X-Wing at the competitive stage (mostly due to the lovely system they devised to score points in tourneys).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaada Chvatil
Sep 23, 2014

Bunny bunny moose moose
College Slice

Kruller posted:

Well, I kinda really hate Agricola, which is odd because I love everything else I've played by Uwe. So take that as you will. If you never describe it as Agricola, you can probably trick him.

Five pages late, but let me go on record to state that I do not like Agricola, and terebikun will certainly not trick me into playing Brew Crafters if it is anything like the Gric. Terebikun, you are not so sly if you think I do not catch up on this thread now and again!