Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oh I thought we were talking about Haru. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

UberJew posted:

getting almighty boost/amp at all blind is not gonna happen (afaik its pure rng on network executions only) and again there's just not really any hellbosses that are quite on the nocturne level and you can outright buy homonculus from the shop this time

Almighty boost is on one of the Riders naturally

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

UberJew posted:

Absolutely, but haru gets OSK/cripple/snipe already

She does, but she doesn't get Charge or 99 Strength to go with it. :v:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
God, gently caress this random encounter that does Evil Smile + Ghastly Wail. Joker won't cure himself because he's too s-s-s-scared! and then I loving die.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Dragonatrix posted:

She does, but she doesn't get Charge or 99 Strength to go with it. :v:

I mean yeah, but its just not a hard enough game to need that (and also, that's less impactful than having debilitate and matarukaja up all the time and the MC is an ideal choice to be doing that)

same with wanting to spec around avoiding null/repel; you just don't get locked out by those very much this time

e: though thinking about it that'd be a good build for a solo run, since you can throw all your party members out at any time

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

Your wish of a female MC will be granted, but you can only date Mishima.

And another finger on the monkey's paw curves downwards.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

UberJew posted:

I mean yeah, but its just not a hard enough game to need that (and also, that's less impactful than having debilitate and matarukaja up all the time and the MC is an ideal choice to be doing that)

Like, sure, but by the time you're considering these kinds of things it's not about difficulty (if it was, you'd be using Dominion because he's statistically the most powerful usable Persona in the game including all the DLC and the NG+ one :v:). It's down to principle and "just how big can I make these ridiculous numbers anyway?"

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
why didn't the weird occultist doctor from P3 make another cameo in this game if tanaka did

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

darealkooky posted:

why didn't the weird occultist doctor from P3 make another cameo in this game if tanaka did

Because he wasn't in P4 like Tanaka.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Because he wasn't in P4 like Tanaka.

Uh, yeah he was? He exposited about the entire deal with Izanagi and Izanami during the field trip.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

darealkooky posted:

Seriously?

Do not put Tanaka on the same level as that poo poo.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dragonatrix posted:

Uh, yeah he was? He exposited about the entire deal with Izanagi and Izanami during the field trip.

That was him?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

and in golden he has extra content talking about the meaning/symbolism of each tarot card and the fools journey

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alright so I need to replay P3.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

This guy? Yeah, that was him. Kind of hard to forget, honestly.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
edogawa gives me nightmares

RME
Feb 20, 2012

take his secret medicine and roll for Great condition
and if that doesnt work take a piss

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
After Palace 2/School Trip speculation:

I just had the part where the team met Goro at the TV station and he asked them about eating pancakes. The only person who said anything about pancakes was Morgana, who sounds like a cat to normal people. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh poo poo.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Capsaicin posted:

I just had the part where the team met Goro at the TV station and he asked them about eating pancakes. The only person who said anything about pancakes was Morgana, who sounds like a cat to normal people. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh poo poo.

pankeeki

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Capsaicin posted:

You caught it, and I didn't.

jymbojones
Jul 4, 2010
Beat the game today. 83 hours and they were by far the best I've spent playing any video game in probably 3-4 years.

Started NG+ on Merciless and gonna dick about with the DLC personas.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

I can fuse Trumpeter right now before the end of Palace 6, but I should do so afterwards to get the full benefit of Dooty goodness, right?

I only have a million yen so I'm trying to figure out what high-level Persona I really want to shoot for having. Getting one of the super high level dudes from Max Confidant also normally involves having a level 60-something as well at least, which means I need to fuse that up too.

Yoshitsune is tempting but I just barely started the Tower link so I'll probably wait for later.

bewilderment fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 21, 2017

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

I hope the fighting/dancing/racing game increases the prominence of kotaro the dog

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
also please enable ps4 share atlus-kun

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

What happened to that dog? I missed a few incidental plot lines and when I went back to that kid the dog was missing and she was talking about how she was going to be strong for Kotaro. :ohdear:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Your wish of a female MC will be granted, but you can only date Mishima.

I want the opposite to be true.
You can date EVERYONE, including Igor, Caroline and Justine, except for Mishima.

Just imagine it:
Mishima: Maybe we could, I don't know...go out...like on an actual date.

"I should choose my words carefully"

~Hell No.
~You're going to live alone until you die alone.
~I'd sooner date my cat. In fact I am dating my cat. We're getting married. You arn't invited.

'Rank 9 Get'

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ChrisBTY posted:

I want the opposite to be true.
You can date EVERYONE, including Igor, Caroline and Justine, except for Mishima.

Just imagine it:
Mishima: Maybe we could, I don't know...go out...like on an actual date.

"I should choose my words carefully"

~Hell No.
~You're going to live alone until you die alone.
~I'd sooner date my cat. In fact I am dating my cat. We're getting married. You arn't invited.

'Rank 9 Get'

All of this happens, and in fact Mishima continues to rank up regardless of your responses.

However, at Rank 10, if you've treated him like poo poo throughout his Confidant, he will shoot you dead rather than max the link.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Nah, it'll have same-sex romances but the moment you choose that option your and your partner's character models turn into those gay caricature dudes.

Baby steps.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
help, i'm sacrificing so many Personas on my NG+ run and I have "Ahahaha, wow Inmate, that's dark!" stuck in my brain

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

TheFireMagi posted:

help, i'm sacrificing so many Personas on my NG+ run and I have "Ahahaha, wow Inmate, that's dark!" stuck in my brain

What are you WAITING for?!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Jimbot posted:

What happened to that dog? I missed a few incidental plot lines and when I went back to that kid the dog was missing and she was talking about how she was going to be strong for Kotaro. :ohdear:

Wait what What happened to Kotaro?!?!?!

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

You'll have to play the game and find out!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Kotaro died on his way back to his home planet

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Dragonatrix posted:

What are you WAITING for?!

Such rudeness.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

So... sacrifices- so... sacrifices- so... sacrifices-

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Their exasperation when you rush through the menus is just one of those great little touches.

So I think I have a couple of weeks left and I am planning to min-max because why not. And I have mechanical questions!

1. How long does Lockdown take, and does it add positive resists or only remove weaknesses?
2. Does the arcana of the Gallows sacrifice matter? Should I just keep feeding the second-highest level persona to my highest level?
3. How do I get the best weapons and armor?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

TheFireMagi posted:

So... sacrifices- so... sacrifices- so... sacrifices-

My favorite is

End game spoilers
Lavenza's poo poo eating "Had a change of heart?" :smugdog:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Their exasperation when you rush through the menus is just one of those great little touches.

So I think I have a couple of weeks left and I am planning to min-max because why not. And I have mechanical questions!

1. How long does Lockdown take, and does it add positive resists or only remove weaknesses?
2. Does the arcana of the Gallows sacrifice matter? Should I just keep feeding the second-highest level persona to my highest level?
3. How do I get the best weapons and armor?

1. Positive resists. It's skills.
2. Matching Arcana's boost the output by 1.5x or something. Match with a treasure demon of the same arcana and you boost by 5x, which is pretty neat.
3. Electric Chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

My favorite is

End game spoilers
Lavenza's poo poo eating "Had a change of heart?" :smugdog:

Oh wow, I didn't think to fuse anything after Lavenza showed up since I had Yoshitsune at that point, so I didn't hear any of her lines. :v: Something to look forward to for my NG+ playthrough!