Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
I want to play a game where I have to work eight to ten hours a day, doing menial tasks, saving up enough in-game currency so that maybe one or twice a year I can do something exciting or see a new place or experience a whole different culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
maybe even go on big vessels that float on water or ships (maybe airships?) that can cut through the skies taking me thousands of miles away

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
maybe in this game I can pay for a tutorial and lessons on how to fly airships myself

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Stop it, your likely to create thousands of new pages of *dreams*

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/855208118413864961/photo/1

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://twitter.com/TarkaRoshe/status/854267671231287296

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

This will always make me laugh.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
ATV still not out lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Derek Smart, please do not harm someone's good honour m'sir. ~tips aurora~

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

TheAgent posted:

maybe in this game I can pay for a tutorial and lessons on how to fly airships myself

Earth Citizen is a pretty good game, not too much clipping, but then again there are the horrifying and sickening truths of the Trumpire, so :shrug:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
The new narrative is that there is actually no set time for ATV release.

This is widely swallowed because its always late. However there is a set time and its 3pm pst.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Sasparrilla that awesome ED sotry you wrote netted a massive -59 karma. It was posted on a moderately trafficed thread in the middle of the comments section.

It hit a nerve. Unfortunately for touchdowntim55 he no longer can post without mod approval. Which for the most part means banned.

So congrats.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Sasparrilla that awesome ED sotry you wrote netted a massive -59 karma. It was posted on a moderately trafficed thread in the middle of the comments section.

It hit a nerve. Unfortunately for touchdowntim55 he no longer can post without mod approval. Which for the most part means banned.

So congrats.

link?

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
If you plagiarize Hello Kitty and Final Fantasy moogles at the same time and put it in a space suit then it's original property Do Not Steal trademark Chris Roberts.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
jesus christ instead of focusing on the charity for disabled kids and gamers, they bring up derek smart

I normally just laugh poo poo like this off, but goddamn man that's just low

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/669ai2/do_you_guys_think_well_ever_have_a_massive_battle/dggoeiu/

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I miss the days where people defended the mass effect series and bioware and swtor

them were good days and hardly anyone got super crazy (besides me buying dozens of avatars and running the ends are bad campaign)

:speculate:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
my wildest allegations for star citizen: its a bad game that will remain half-finished forever

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Huh. They know that Sanrio is super litigious, right? Like, it's a bad idea to even have art that looks sorta like one of their characters.

https://www.iptrademarkattorney.com/2013/12/copyright-attorney-trademark-lawsuit-hello-kitty-infringement-sanrio-blink-jewelry.html
http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/boroughs/company-sues-cage-kitty-copycats-article-1.609021
https://www.etsy.com/teams/7722/discussions/discuss/10433236/
https://www.questia.com/newspaper/1P2-33553734/oklahoma-pageant-sued-for-hello-kitty-use

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

That is a lot of loving salt right there. I haven't seen that many downvotes for a single post since, well, when I used to post there.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
SWTOR was a lot of fun.

TheAgent posted:

star citizen: its a [...] game
:captainpop:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
its actually an insult to call it a game now because chris roberts refers to it as a universe simulation

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

That thing took five minutes in photoshop at most. T-minus five seconds until there's that thing-themed merchandise available for real American yens.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Danknificent posted:

That thing took five minutes in photoshop at most. T-minus five seconds until there's that thing-themed merchandise available for real American yens.

One of the referral contest rewards is a in game Tshirt with that quasi copyright infringement hellokitty thing on it

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-contest

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TrustmeImLegit posted:

So congrats.

Wow, I hadn't actually seen the reactions. Sorry it burned your account. They're so mad! I really don't get it, it wasn't even a mean spirited post, I was just kind of laughing at the idea that my disappointment in Elite must be what prompts me to hang out and watch the Star Citizen garbage fire.

Ironically enough, I can't post there under my main account either, for a couple of years now. Not for trolling, either- I got downvoted into mod-approval status just for voicing ideas like "Hey maybe they should stop adding features and finish what they've already sold." Stuff that, today, is kind of the standard of discourse for most of those threads. It actually gives me hope for their future- on a long enough timeline, even the hardest of die hards are going to figure out that they aren't getting that game.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Danknificent posted:

You're forgetting the Crobberts micromanagement that's made Star Citizen the great success that it is today! I'm guessing with the Crobberts vision, that little texture is the result of months of high fidelity tweaks, refactoring and constant vague suggestions.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Titanic posted:

Whoa I didn't even say your name three times!

Thanks for setting the record straight. :)

To me it's funny that Loiosh keeps reading the thread, keeps up to date with the disaster that is SC citizen, but will never, ever, get a refund, even if all the triggers for him to get one have already been pressed about 15 times by now.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Sarsapariller posted:

Wow, I hadn't actually seen the reactions. Sorry it burned your account. They're so mad! I really don't get it, it wasn't even a mean spirited post, I was just kind of laughing at the idea that my disappointment in Elite must be what prompts me to hang out and watch the Star Citizen garbage fire.

Ironically enough, I can't post there under my main account either, for a couple of years now. Not for trolling, either- I got downvoted into mod-approval status just for voicing ideas like "Hey maybe they should stop adding features and finish what they've already sold." Stuff that, today, is kind of the standard of discourse for most of those threads. It actually gives me hope for their future- on a long enough timeline, even the hardest of die hards are going to figure out that they aren't getting that game.

No worries its all in fun. My account was +250 at one point without even trying. I felt like giving away in this thread that it was a goon account and all of sudden every post it made no matter how innocuous got a shitton of downvotes. They follow the hell out of this thread lol.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Viscous Soda posted:

You're forgetting the Crobberts micromanagement that's made Star Citizen the great success that it is today! I'm guessing with the Crobberts vision, that little texture is the result of months of high fidelity tweaks, refactoring and constant vague suggestions.

Those blue pixels? They were once green. You're welcome.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RLYch3lxVk

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TrustmeImLegit posted:

No worries its all in fun. My account was +250 at one point without even trying. I felt like giving away in this thread that it was a goon account and all of sudden every post it made no matter how innocuous got a shitton of downvotes. They follow the hell out of this thread lol.

Maybe one day they'll discover who xxSilentRuinxx is. Not that it matters since I always get downvoted anyways.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

half-finished
Check out Mr. Optimistic over here.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/referral-contest

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
loving content locusts.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

They will literally do everything they can possibly do except actually make a video game. Even guys in a garage in Siberia can make a game if they're talented and dedica-

Oh! Sorry. Guess that's a sore spot.

Yeah. Go market your Hello Kitty with a dick pointing at the viewer. That's pretty much the epitome of classy artwork that looks like somebody easily spent almost 15 minutes in illustrator making it.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Its here!

edit: :barf:

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

TrustmeImLegit posted:

So congrats.

If I believed in conspiracies--I'd think CIG was ready to go with reputation management before turning off their forums. My hunch was less than happy backers flock to Reddit to voice displeasure on the lack of forums. But it appears to be the opposite. Posts making jokes at CIG's expense instead of the recent trend of a few upvotes are getting slammed with a couple dozen plus down votes since CIG moved to the Spectrum.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
This was somehow the funniest thing to me

quote:

1 Referral: Star Kitten T Shirt (in game item)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
How uninspired is this. I mean, c'mon.