Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

TheFireMagi posted:

Oh wow, I didn't think to fuse anything after Lavenza showed up since I had Yoshitsune at that point, so I didn't hear any of her lines. :v: Something to look forward to for my NG+ playthrough!

Sadly I don't think Igor talks anymore which is a shame because I quite enjoyed Fake Igor's voice clips: "My, my."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yusuke can't afford a 1 yen offering at the shrine.

Yusuke my poor fox child.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Saint Freak posted:

Yusuke can't afford a 1 yen offering at the shrine.

Yusuke my poor fox child.

P4 Fox mom needs to share some of her wealth with him

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Since maxing Strength and getting Bugs which comes with Auto-Matarukaja I can't imagine not having this skill on my active Persona at any time ever because of how quickly it makes random battles fly by.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

It's weird how common the karen break skills are when I've only seen it cast a handful of times.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

3 hours later, my party is level 99. :shepicide:

Some things I noticed/tried: The Reaper can be attacked from any angle, and it will still get Despair. I never let it Ambush me, I always initiated.
The depth of the floor doesn't seem to reflect how easily it is inflicted on it. It would typically be 1-4 engagements before it started with Despair.
I tried repeatedly farming the same reaper, but moved onto trying different floors shortly after starting, finding that Despair didn't apply. Looking back, however, I probably only engaged with the Reaper (after defeating it on a singular floor) maybe like 3-5 times before moving on. That said, going to a different floor never failed to yield after a few tries so ymmv.

Go figure I get Strength to 10 just before this. So much for Sun 10/Strength 10 for NG+, I suppose.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Kalsco posted:

3 hours later, my party is level 99. :shepicide:

Some things I noticed/tried: The Reaper can be attacked from any angle, and it will still get Despair. I never let it Ambush me, I always initiated.
The depth of the floor doesn't seem to reflect how easily it is inflicted on it. It would typically be 1-4 engagements before it started with Despair.
I tried repeatedly farming the same reaper, but moved onto trying different floors shortly after starting, finding that Despair didn't apply. Looking back, however, I probably only engaged with the Reaper (after defeating it on a singular floor) maybe like 3-5 times before moving on. That said, going to a different floor never failed to yield after a few tries so ymmv.

Go figure I get Strength to 10 just before this. So much for Sun 10/Strength 10 for NG+, I suppose.

How did you inflict Despair on The Reaper? Whaaaaaat?

Also, where is the best place to get Liquid Mercuries, thread

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

guts and bolts posted:

How did you inflict Despair on The Reaper? Whaaaaaat?

Also, where is the best place to get Liquid Mercuries, thread

You know how sometimes enemies start with Despair during flu season in Mementos?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just found a treasure demon in the last part of Mementos called Hope's Diamond and it has all of the auto-ma skills. I was planning on going for that, but if the game wants to make that extremly easy I ain't gonna complain.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

ChaosArgate posted:

You know how sometimes enemies start with Despair during flu season in Mementos?

my god

welp, I think I'm past the point where I want to go back and do that, but still, lol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Having done the reaper thing, it's cute but it's best saved for NG+. Killing him a few times breaks the balance of the back half of the game in two. It was pretty chill instakilling every random shadow in the penultimate palace though

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

ChaosArgate posted:

:captainpop:

I know what I'm doing on my next playthrough

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

When is Flu Season supposed to be anyways? Is it just random? Because I only ever saw it like the last two months of the game so it seems kinda troublesome to make good use of it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

YoshiOfYellow posted:

When is Flu Season supposed to be anyways? Is it just random? Because I only ever saw it like the last two months of the game so it seems kinda troublesome to make good use of it.

Its only in the last two months and it occurs on set days like High Pollen and whatever the midgame one is.

Their only use is to occasionally inflict an ailment at battle start and power up some really situational powers some personas and Ann get.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

I know for a fact that one Flu Season period starts around 12/8, because I'm currently trying to beat every videogame before reloading to 12/5

Although I still have no idea where to get Liquid Mercury, and I need them to make the stupid lockpick I no longer give a gently caress about

trophies

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

guts and bolts posted:

I know for a fact that one Flu Season period starts around 12/8, because I'm currently trying to beat every videogame before reloading to 12/5

Although I still have no idea where to get Liquid Mercury, and I need them to make the stupid lockpick I no longer give a gently caress about

trophies

Not quite. There's several Flu Season days in November as well.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Captain Oblivious posted:

Not quite. There's several Flu Season days in November as well.

I mean, there may very well have been earlier ones, I think I remember one in November too for sure

But 12/8 is definitively and demonstrably a Flu Season day because I'm currently staring at it on my screen

I'd take a screenshot but

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

So, I was wondering-I've heard rumors about the translation for this game being really bad. Is it really "the truck have started to move" tier, like my friends keep saying it is?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

VolticSurge posted:

So, I was wondering-I've heard rumors about the translation for this game being really bad. Is it really "the truck have started to move" tier, like my friends keep saying it is?

No. Your friends are dumb.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

VolticSurge posted:

It's a little awkward in some spots but the people bitching about it are vastly overexaggerating it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
There are a lot of typos because there's a lot of text. I guess it could've used another editing pass, but I can understand why they didn't. Since it's a mountain of text and they'd already delayed the release.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

VolticSurge posted:

There's a fair amount of stiff translation and awkward sentences, but no, it is nowhere near that bad.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Flu Season seems to be on 11/13, 11/14, and 11/15 in November, from personal experience and from online testimonials.

Side note: When can I actually call for the maid service? Is it too late for me now that I'm in November? Using the telephone at night yields nothing.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Kalsco posted:

Flu Season seems to be on 11/13, 11/14, and 11/15 in November, from personal experience and from online testimonials.

Side note: When can I actually call for the maid service? Is it too late for me now that I'm in November? Using the telephone at night yields nothing.

What are you trying to do?

If you want her to do something start making coffee/curry or washing clothes at night and choose the 'Have Kawakami do it' option and it won't waste time.

Its 5k if you've started the link, free at max rank.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Zore posted:

No. Your friends are dumb.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

It's a little awkward in some spots but the people bitching about it are vastly overexaggerating it.

Oh,that's good to hear. Because,based on this site one of my co-workers emailed me,it supposedly is that bad.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
If someone makes an entire website just to complain about one aspect of one game, I think it's a pretty safe bet that they're just obsessed and blowing things out of proportion.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

VolticSurge posted:

Oh,that's good to hear. Because,based on this site one of my co-workers emailed me,it supposedly is that bad.

That website both gave me aspergers and made me wrong about a whole bunch of unrelated things.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

Occasional typos and sometimes awkward. I guess you could call the translation uneven, but for the most part I found it good.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

VolticSurge posted:

Have you taken a look at the examples on the site.

Because it really, really loving overstates its case. The translation isn't perfect or anything, and is probably below par compared to P3/4, but the obsessive people trying to make it into a travesty are real dumb.

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Zore posted:

What are you trying to do?

If you want her to do something start making coffee/curry or washing clothes at night and choose the 'Have Kawakami do it' option and it won't waste time.

Its 5k if you've started the link, free at max rank.

Anything, really. Either have her make coffee/wash clothing, or raise the Confidant level. "Have Kawakami do it" isn't an option for either of those. I read you had to use the rotary phone downstairs in Leblanc to call her, but that also doesn't do anything.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

There are some rough spots in the translation, but it's nowhere near as bad as some of the gaming "press" makes it out to be.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

VolticSurge posted:

I mean, the translation could be better in some points; there are definitely awkward-sounding lines, especially early on. I'm watching Yakuza 0 right now and the localization on that is a cut above, where they're able to use puns and wordplay and even translated a whole quest about a Japanese crossword puzzle in a way that works in English.

But with Persona 5, the characterization, especially among the main cast comes through regardless. It's definitely not "Atlus fails fans of a landmark RPG"

Kalsco posted:

Anything, really. Either have her make coffee/wash clothing, or raise the Confidant level. "Have Kawakami do it" isn't an option for either of those. I read you had to use the rotary phone downstairs in Leblanc to call her, but that also doesn't do anything.

If you still need to raise the confidant level, she's only available on certain days (I think Fri and Sat regularly). You need to rank up with her to get those coffee/laundry options too

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.
I have a question for any folks who have gone through NG+ re: Confidant links.

I got the carryover item from dating Takemi that says 'become closer if you have a same-arcana Persona' and I've been zipping through her Confidant Link, which makes sense. However, all my other links seem to be accelerating too. I hit Sojiro's plot wall two months ahead of schedule and maxed out Ryuji right after the 2nd palace, despite following the same 100% Confidant schedule as I did on my 1st playthrough. Do the other key items for maxing Confidants in the initial playthrough you get have the same effect and just not list it? I'm not complaining, it's just a surprise.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

VolticSurge posted:

This feels like the entire point of you bringing it up was to plug for your insane website, but I am cynical to the point of stupidity

The translation,of Persona 5 is not that,bad.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Zhaan posted:

I got the carryover item from dating Takemi that says 'become closer if you have a same-arcana Persona' and I've been zipping through her Confidant Link, which makes sense. However, all my other links seem to be accelerating too. I hit Sojiro's plot wall two months ahead of schedule and maxed out Ryuji right after the 2nd palace, despite following the same 100% Confidant schedule as I did on my 1st playthrough. Do the other key items for maxing Confidants in the initial playthrough you get have the same effect and just not list it? I'm not complaining, it's just a surprise.

Yeah they do.

Kalsco posted:

What rank are you at? Having her do various things like Coffee/Curry/Washing is locked to higher levels.

You can also only raise her link on Friday/Saturday nights.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

guts and bolts posted:

This feels like the entire point of you bringing it up was to plug for your insane website, but I am cynical to the point of stupidity

The translation,of Persona 5 is not that,bad.

It's not my site,though. I never even heard of it until I got the email.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Every time I hear that ticking clock and it fast forwards to the interview room I keep waiting for Phoenix Wright to burst in and keep being sad when he doesn't.

Alternately I keep waiting for a "uh where's my lawyer?" dialogue option and since there hasn't been one I've been picking "......." every single time, I hope the game acknowledges I ain't no snitch

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Zhaan posted:

The description is irritatingly vague but I think it basically ups the boost you get from having a same arcana persona on hand for social links.

Nevermind someone else already clarified and I was wrong. :v:

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

VolticSurge posted:

It's not my site,though. I never even heard of it until I got the email.

Fair enough then

precision posted:

Every time I hear that ticking clock and it fast forwards to the interview room I keep waiting for Phoenix Wright to burst in and keep being sad when he doesn't.

Alternately I keep waiting for a "uh where's my lawyer?" dialogue option and since there hasn't been one I've been picking "......." every single time, I hope the game acknowledges I ain't no snitch

You've got good instincts, kid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhaan
Aug 7, 2012

Always like this.

Zore posted:

Yeah they do.

Well, this playthrough will go fast then. Nice.