Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Just a heads up, I think the ELT boss is beast type, so swap over from Odin to Ifrit for all you carry types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

AegisP posted:

Swapped over from Orlandu to Olive (1121 ATK) as my friend unit for the duration of this event. Sits at 70% Fire Res and can two-round ELT's boss (Scattering Shot to reduce DEF, then True Shot), while Grapeshotting every round prior (I think a couple times the random waves had a sliver of health left, I'm a bit confused but whatever).

ID's on the google doc list, but if anyone needs it and already has a full bonus squad: 235,783,778

Olive should have full LB by the time you reach Ultima Weapon so try using that instead of True Shot. With Attack Song/Deprotect/Imperil, she should one shot the boss.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Gyoru posted:

Olive should have full LB by the time you reach Ultima Weapon so try using that instead of True Shot. With Attack Song/Deprotect/Imperil, she should one shot the boss.

Yea, I just found the 2-round strat to be safe. His skill set is extremely limited above 50% hp, so Olive takes next to no damage in the first round, and then True Shot hits him on round 2 for more than his max hp on top of whatever little bit of damage Scattering did.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Even if you just use True Shot three times it will go down on the third turn with the mortar damage added, and the boss really can't take her out.

The strategies posted in the last few posts are better, especially if you want to get that "no deaths" Lapis, though. Three True Shots will probably mean only Olive and your previously maxed 5-star Kefkas and Terras will definitely be alive, and the 5-star Kefkas and Terras have a good chance of being dead.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Event Currency Drop Rate is probably low because a lot of us have mutliple Kefka and/or Terras...

Cartoon Man posted:

Last call to get Xon

Incorrect:

BDawg posted:

Spent 12 tickets to get Setzer. On the way, I got no rainbows, but got my 3rd Xon

He's not a Time Limited Unit. He's always available. :getin:

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kheldarn posted:

He's not a Time Limited Unit. He's always available. :getin:

Yeah, like Ludmille. Who I have never drawn either.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

So I just noticed King Mog doesn't have Sacred Crystals

gently caress you gumi

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Scrublord Prime posted:

So I just noticed King Mog doesn't have Sacred Crystals

gently caress you gumi

Or Holy Crystals which are my current hang up.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

I have 2 terras and a kefka held up by those fuckers.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Apparently Electric Tower - Pursuit has a high drop rate for both Crystals and also counts as explorations for your daily quest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/66jkly/electric_tower_pursuit_for_exploration_daily/

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Khisanth Magus posted:

How else are you supposed to kill with an Esper, they do such poo poo damage?

And it is official: Purchased all of the summon tickets that cost less than 6000 fish, and every single one was blue. Le sigh.

They cranked up the esper damage a lot recently. Take maxed Rydia or Garnet with you, and the esper will actually hit pretty drat hard. did over half the HP of the PRO Dragon. (He snorted my Noctis and I actually thought I was straight up dead, but nope Ramuh did all the damage)

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Half Pull
Blue: Kefka #6

6 Tickets
Blue: Eight, Kain #4, Terra #8, Bedile #:argh:, Kefka #7, Aiden #3

Then, for the gently caress of it, I threw the 4*+ Ticket at Setzer's Banner.
Gold > Rainbow: Setzer? :ohdear:

:getin:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Congrats!

There's something really funny about how desperate people are when pulling and Noctis showing up out of nowhere going "I got this yo".

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Thank you all for putting up your Trance Terras, but... I still hate you. :) Also 80k fish for these purecrysts is absolute insanity.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
This event is kind of poo poo. The last bosses are too tanky to just casually coast through with a party of bonus units on PRO or ELT, the currency payouts suck.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

During my splurge earlier I rolled by 20th Bedile after a months long drought. 1 more and I'll finally have that sweet TM and be the in the 21 Bedile Club.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Noct is sitting at 46. I just mined for enough Fish to get the last few materials I need to 6* him. Now I just need to mine fish for Cactuars to get him to 80.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Noct is sitting at 46. I just mined for enough Fish to get the last few materials I need to 6* him. Now I just need to mine fish for Cactuars to get him to 80.

*100 after that

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I finished all the stages and barely had 2k currency. Well I'm probably just going to skip this one out and TM farm instead.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Made my Setzer as swole as I could, add me for bonus Fish.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

WebDO posted:

*100 after that

Yeah... :sigh: One step at a time. He'll be my 2nd 6*, after Rain, whom I just promoted last week.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Put coral swords on your setzers imo, make my Olive hit bigger.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Tipme posted:

General benefit or just a synergy with Olive?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

BDawg posted:

General benefit or just a synergy with Olive?

Coral sword is electric element, so it would be good with Olive. and then I can use friend setzers to chain with my setzer for big numbers.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Apparently Electric Tower - Pursuit has a high drop rate for both Crystals and also counts as explorations for your daily quest:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/66jkly/electric_tower_pursuit_for_exploration_daily/

so does running this with a Xon + Locke do anything for you? I really don't understand how their passives work.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Jesus this Nox/Memu set up is like a god drat treasure hunt.

hagie fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 21, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kheldarn posted:

Half Pull
Blue: Kefka #6

6 Tickets
Blue: Eight, Kain #4, Terra #8, Bedile #:argh:, Kefka #7, Aiden #3

Then, for the gently caress of it, I threw the 4*+ Ticket at Setzer's Banner.
Gold > Rainbow: Setzer? :ohdear:

:getin:

Setzer is a 4* base, you can never get him from a gold crystal now.:eng101:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

PaybackJack posted:

Yeah, collecting eggs with 100% trust units was making GBS threads out so many Sacred Crystals. But only a few missions spit out Holy Crystals. Surging Volcano - Exit was pretty good on Eggs and HCs for the first week, then it felt like the drop rate of HCs was nerfed. My supply is at 120 Sacreds and 1 Holy. With a pile of units waiting waiting to be awakened each time I get to 8 Holy Crystals.

Whoever really needed Brilliant Rays to awaken Refia should have just waited for this event. Stock up now if you might need to awaken a Refia, Luka, or Minfilia. 13 Rays each.

fullTimeLurker posted:

so does running this with a Xon + Locke do anything for you? I really don't understand how their passives work.

I've gotten 1 HC out of two runs on that, with a Xon and Locke in party. Their abilities may or may not do anything, but might as well bring them along if you can.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Is there no name filter in this game? Also is this one of you because you got stomped.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
the highest arena ranking i'm going to attain at any point in time haha

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Crafting my eggs right now. Any reason for me to keep a Staff of Wrath? Or multiple even?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am sure this will come off as very :tinfoil: but honestly the base drop rates on this event are lower. the second to highest stamina mission is frequently dropping sub 200 base fish, like 185 fairly frequently? that seems pretty drat low for the second highest stamina mission in my experience.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It isn't, the drop rates really are stupidly low. I should not be getting 600 fish at most running an entire team of bonus units. Even the Type-0 events were better about this. I'm not asking for much beyond 1000 per run honestly.

Edit: Got a bit of a dilemma. I have 28 Rainbow Eggs left. I have 3 Icy Veins but am thinking of making a 4th. I have 4 crowns but no staves.

Can't really do much with 8 Rainbow eggs so assume I have 20. Do I:
-make another crown and staff to make a 4th icy veins
-make a single staff, use an existing crown, make icy veins and then make another staff
-ignore making a 4th icy veins entirely and just make more crowns and staves even though having an odd number of an accessory that isn't 5 will drive me crazy

It's me, I'm the insane person who needs items to stack into even numbers.

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Apr 21, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I've been running the thing non-stop since it started and I have yet to see a single one of the bonus bosses. With the low drop rates and mediocre rewards besides the usual ones like tickets and quartz, this seems to be the worst King Mog event yet.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tipme posted:

We're settling on fire weapons. Vernard if you have it, Flametongue if not. This doesn't change Olive being amazing.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

HGH posted:

It isn't, the drop rates really are stupidly low. I should not be getting 600 fish at most running an entire team of bonus units. Even the Type-0 events were better about this. I'm not asking for much beyond 1000 per run honestly.

Edit: Got a bit of a dilemma. I have 28 Rainbow Eggs left. I have 3 Icy Veins but am thinking of making a 4th. I have 4 crowns but no staves.

Can't really do much with 8 Rainbow eggs so assume I have 20. Do I:
-make another crown and staff to make a 4th icy veins
-make a single staff, use an existing crown, make icy veins and then make another staff
-ignore making a 4th icy veins entirely and just make more crowns and staves even though having an odd number of an accessory that isn't 5 will drive me crazy

It's me, I'm the insane person who needs items to stack into even numbers.

Staff can be useful for tanks like WoL, you want at least one.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
After crunching numbers, I believe this is my Ramza post enhance:

Ramza 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Magi Staff +25ATK+12MAG+70SPR
Left Hand: Aegis Shield +53DEF+25SPR+100%Petrify
Head: Cat Hat +25MP+15DEF+20MAG+20SPR+100%Silence
Body: Lordly Robe +45DEF+35MAG+35SPR
Accessory 1: Arsha's Talisman +20%HP+10%DEF+10%SPR
Accessory 2: Monarch's Ring +5DEF/SPR+10%ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR
Ability 1: Equip Staff Can equip Staves
Ability 2: Mentality +20% MP +30%SPR
Ability 3: Water God's Protection +25%MP/SPR+20%Water
Ability 4: Shard of Genius +20%SPR w/Staff +20%DEF w/Robe
Pot Stats: HP: 450 MP: 75 ATK: 30 DEF: 30 MAG: 30 SPR: 30
Esper: Carbuncle HP:3350 MP:5780 ATK:1940 DEF:3270 MAG:4450 SPR:6330
Total Stats: HP: 5616 MP: 416 ATK: 265 DEF: 406 MAG: 323 SPR: 538

Hero Song (Enhanced):
AoE +100% ATK/DEF/MAG/SPR while singing (3 turns) &
AoE 1150 + 8x mod (4304) over three turns (so 1818 HP/turn) &
AoE 20 MP Heal with 0.5x mod (269) over three turns (so 96 MP /turn heal)

e: I just realized I did not factor in the 100% spirit boost he gives himself. I do not know if it is factored in though, so I'll leave the calculations like this with the addendum that there might be another 149 spirit tossed into the calculation at some point? Which would be another 397 HP/turn and 24 MP/turn.

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Apr 21, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mischalaniouse posted:

I've been running the thing non-stop since it started and I have yet to see a single one of the bonus bosses. With the low drop rates and mediocre rewards besides the usual ones like tickets and quartz, this seems to be the worst King Mog event yet.

My theory is that they have made this painful on purpose because it's the first Mog event to get T5 enhancement materials from and they are 80k a pop. They want the mega whales to pay out some serious cash to get them all.

Stick with the tickets, six star mats, tabby suit, quartz, and any other trinkets you want like elixirs. Then go back to TM farming, a much better use of your NRG.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 21, 2017

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

HGH posted:

Crafting my eggs right now. Any reason for me to keep a Staff of Wrath? Or multiple even?

I'm keeping a Staff of Wrath for Warrior of Light's 6*

Dual wielding Winged Saint and Staff of Wrath. Champions belts and Shard of Genius. Probably with a rainbow robe for those resistances.

I want to see just how tanky I can make a WoL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

i am sure this will come off as very :tinfoil: but honestly the base drop rates on this event are lower. the second to highest stamina mission is frequently dropping sub 200 base fish, like 185 fairly frequently? that seems pretty drat low for the second highest stamina mission in my experience.

As I said:

Kheldarn posted:

Event Currency Drop Rate is probably low because a lot of us have mutliple Kefka and/or Terras...

• Locked thread