Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

It's your pixel. I posted about having that issue in the Android thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
What do you think the chances are of Verizon allowing corporate discounts on the unlimited plan in the future? I assume it's once another carrier does it, they will do it to compete.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

OMGMYSPLEEN posted:

What do you think the chances are of Verizon allowing corporate discounts on the unlimited plan in the future? I assume it's once another carrier does it, they will do it to compete.

Nil. I've been with Verizon since their beginning (2000) and while AT&T (in all of its previous iterations) has done it for over a decade, Verizon has not even blinked.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like we're on unlimited. We'll see how it goes :toot:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Might be a longshot, but anyone ever have issues with a return getting lost in shipment?
Returned a G6 that was ordered online, and after a week, tracking still showed the box having not moved from the time it was dropped off. I filed a claim and all, but like... how... does Verizon actually handle that? The person I spoke with on the phone and filed the claim with was not exceptionally informed about how the whole process is supposed to go, despite telling them it was a prepaid label that was a returned smartphone going to Verizon they kept telling me that I'd get my shipping costs refunded, etc.
Figured I'd ask here in case anyone had any history dealing with this type of thing.

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.
I made this post on another forum, but isn't there a Verizon employee who frequents this thread? Please just verify I got the worst string of Verizon employees ever because I've never had this type of terrible service from them in the 15 years we've been doing business. Wall of text.

I preordered the S8 yesterday and paid the $14.99 for priority overnight shipping by 10:30AM. I got the shipping notification today - it was sent via FedEx 2 day and it shows a deliver by 4-21-17 by 4:30PM. Okay, I won't get it early for sure, I guess that's fine I'm not going to make a fuss about that, but then why did I pay Verizon $14.99 for priority overnight 10:30AM shipping if they only paid for FedEx 2 day shipping? Seems simple, right?

Wrong.

Online chat, the person just keeps telling me, "We don't decide when the release date is unfortunately. If you want you can cancel your order and choose 2 day shipping, but then it won't ship until 4-21-17 and then you won't get it until next week. The reason you paid for priority overnight shipping is so that you would get it on release date, everything else won't be shipped until the 21st (which is 100% wrong)". I tried to clarify the situation a couple times before I just gave up and told him I'd just call in instead.

First guy I talk to when I call in tries to say, "Well there's still a chance it will be there on 4-21-17" to which I respond with, "Oh, it says it WILL be here on the 21st. I'm not worried about that. It's that I paid you $14.99 to ship it using priority overnight by 10:30AM and you guys are only paying for FedEx 2 day AND it's coming by 4:30PM, not 10:30AM". He responds, "Well there's still a chance it could get there before 10:30AM and until that possibility is gone, we can't refund you anything". Are you KIDDING me? The fact that the original point is so far over his head was killing me - I don't care if it does get here by 10:30AM by random chance (and it won't, FedEx usually comes later afternoon to my office unless we choose priority overnight shipping), they still did NOT pay for the service that I paid for! Anyway, he then says, "Even if we do refund you, the charge hasn't been posted to your account yet so we can't make any credits until that happens". Wow. I keep cool and tell him alright I guess we'll just call back (I had given up because this was going nowhere) thanked him and hung up.

I was about to just say screw it but just the principle of the situation was really irking me - it's only $15, but drat if I give them $15 for absolutely nothing - and it's not like we don't all pay them enough to begin with. I figured I'd try one more time. I called and the guy answers and I tell him immediately that I don't want to be rude but that I want to talk to a supervisor because the past two people I've gotten nowhere with. He then said, "well just let me know the situation and I'll see if I can help". I explained it to him and finally he said, "Okay so you just want that $14.99 credited to the account?" and of course I said, "YES, that is all, thank you". Well all is good now, but he still had to throw in a comment that was, "I don't see how you got a shipping email already, those phones (S8s) don't get shipped out until the 21st, but I set the credit anyway".

Ugh, now accuse me of making something up but just act like you're doing me a favor? Cool. If you guys would look at your own system you would see my sales email and the shipping email that I received (and YOU sent) today along with the tracking information that shows you sent it 2 day instead of priority overnight which is why I'm here to begin with. Also, do these guys all not know how their own preorder system works? The phone doesn't ship until release date usually? I think not, I even told them I understand that there is a release date but they still used the wrong shipping method - I've had iPhones sit at FedEx for 2-3 days then delivered on release date - but by 10:30AM priority overnight. Give me a break. Sorry this got me way more worked up than it should - I just can't stand terrible customer service and I was very taken aback by all of it because like I said, Verizon has usually always been great to us.

tl;dr I paid Verizon $14.99 for priority overnight shipping to deliver by 10:30AM, but they shipped it via FedEx 2 day by 4:30PM, took three calls before I finally got the shipping charge credited to the account but still got attitude even when it was finally resolved because these three employees don't understand their own internal procedures

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I don't know man. I didn't think people actually paid that extra shipping charge. Every single preorder phone I have​ received has come a day before release with the free shipping. Of course I imagine if you are in a small town that may be different

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

comper posted:

I made this post on another forum, but isn't there a Verizon employee who frequents this thread? Please just verify I got the worst string of Verizon employees ever because I've never had this type of terrible service from them in the 15 years we've been doing business. Wall of text.

I preordered the S8 yesterday and paid the $14.99 for priority overnight shipping by 10:30AM. I got the shipping notification today - it was sent via FedEx 2 day and it shows a deliver by 4-21-17 by 4:30PM. Okay, I won't get it early for sure, I guess that's fine I'm not going to make a fuss about that, but then why did I pay Verizon $14.99 for priority overnight 10:30AM shipping if they only paid for FedEx 2 day shipping? Seems simple, right?

Wrong.

Online chat, the person just keeps telling me, "We don't decide when the release date is unfortunately. If you want you can cancel your order and choose 2 day shipping, but then it won't ship until 4-21-17 and then you won't get it until next week. The reason you paid for priority overnight shipping is so that you would get it on release date, everything else won't be shipped until the 21st (which is 100% wrong)". I tried to clarify the situation a couple times before I just gave up and told him I'd just call in instead.

First guy I talk to when I call in tries to say, "Well there's still a chance it will be there on 4-21-17" to which I respond with, "Oh, it says it WILL be here on the 21st. I'm not worried about that. It's that I paid you $14.99 to ship it using priority overnight by 10:30AM and you guys are only paying for FedEx 2 day AND it's coming by 4:30PM, not 10:30AM". He responds, "Well there's still a chance it could get there before 10:30AM and until that possibility is gone, we can't refund you anything". Are you KIDDING me? The fact that the original point is so far over his head was killing me - I don't care if it does get here by 10:30AM by random chance (and it won't, FedEx usually comes later afternoon to my office unless we choose priority overnight shipping), they still did NOT pay for the service that I paid for! Anyway, he then says, "Even if we do refund you, the charge hasn't been posted to your account yet so we can't make any credits until that happens". Wow. I keep cool and tell him alright I guess we'll just call back (I had given up because this was going nowhere) thanked him and hung up.

I was about to just say screw it but just the principle of the situation was really irking me - it's only $15, but drat if I give them $15 for absolutely nothing - and it's not like we don't all pay them enough to begin with. I figured I'd try one more time. I called and the guy answers and I tell him immediately that I don't want to be rude but that I want to talk to a supervisor because the past two people I've gotten nowhere with. He then said, "well just let me know the situation and I'll see if I can help". I explained it to him and finally he said, "Okay so you just want that $14.99 credited to the account?" and of course I said, "YES, that is all, thank you". Well all is good now, but he still had to throw in a comment that was, "I don't see how you got a shipping email already, those phones (S8s) don't get shipped out until the 21st, but I set the credit anyway".

Ugh, now accuse me of making something up but just act like you're doing me a favor? Cool. If you guys would look at your own system you would see my sales email and the shipping email that I received (and YOU sent) today along with the tracking information that shows you sent it 2 day instead of priority overnight which is why I'm here to begin with. Also, do these guys all not know how their own preorder system works? The phone doesn't ship until release date usually? I think not, I even told them I understand that there is a release date but they still used the wrong shipping method - I've had iPhones sit at FedEx for 2-3 days then delivered on release date - but by 10:30AM priority overnight. Give me a break. Sorry this got me way more worked up than it should - I just can't stand terrible customer service and I was very taken aback by all of it because like I said, Verizon has usually always been great to us.

tl;dr I paid Verizon $14.99 for priority overnight shipping to deliver by 10:30AM, but they shipped it via FedEx 2 day by 4:30PM, took three calls before I finally got the shipping charge credited to the account but still got attitude even when it was finally resolved because these three employees don't understand their own internal procedures

Sir, this is a McDonalds drive through.....

On a serious note, From my experience, when doing preorders the system will let you pay for faster shipping (my system is pretty identical now and does) but as you mentioned, it just doesn't make sense since the phone won't ship until a few days before Friday the 21 anyway. So it's kind of dumb that they keep the option there, but whatever.

As for the refund, it's not about what Verizon "paid" someone or whatever on the back end, it's about what's promised (my opinion anyway). If you ordered a device and paid extra for 10am arrival, and it arrives at 10am, it doesn't matter if Verizon accidentally hosed up and they just got lucky. You got the phone at the time requested. If for whatever the reason it doesn't show up on the time/day promised, then yes absolutely waived shipping. So personally, I don't think waiting until the device is received for a credit is unreasonable. But I guess it can go both ways.

Personally, while I think you fit in the "just give the guy the $15 so the issue goes away" category, I'm not saying they could have handled it better, but other than the online chat person being an idiot, I'm not really seeing anyone else doing anything wrong. They just told you either "no because __" or "oh I wouldn't expect it to ship yet," and unfortunately most of the time when you tell someone no, you just turn into the bad guy.

Maybe I'm wrong on this opinion, but I always assume lesser service from any companies online chat, so it's something I actively avoid.

Anyway, anyone who preordered a S8, a lot of them have shipped out already, I have a customer who got theirs yesterday (Wednesday) and one got theirs today (Thursday) already, so they're out there already.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I learned to never pay for one day shipping because the Verizon warehouse is in my city. They're going to ship it the cheapest way possible and it's going to arrive tomorrow even if they strap it on the back of a dog.

Same with Dell or HP computers.

It sucks they let people pay extra for services they don't need.

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 20, 2017

comper
Jun 22, 2006
My mom says I'm cool.

Duckman2008 posted:

Sir, this is a McDonalds drive through.....

On a serious note, From my experience, when doing preorders the system will let you pay for faster shipping (my system is pretty identical now and does) but as you mentioned, it just doesn't make sense since the phone won't ship until a few days before Friday the 21 anyway. So it's kind of dumb that they keep the option there, but whatever.

As for the refund, it's not about what Verizon "paid" someone or whatever on the back end, it's about what's promised (my opinion anyway). If you ordered a device and paid extra for 10am arrival, and it arrives at 10am, it doesn't matter if Verizon accidentally hosed up and they just got lucky. You got the phone at the time requested. If for whatever the reason it doesn't show up on the time/day promised, then yes absolutely waived shipping. So personally, I don't think waiting until the device is received for a credit is unreasonable. But I guess it can go both ways.

Personally, while I think you fit in the "just give the guy the $15 so the issue goes away" category, I'm not saying they could have handled it better, but other than the online chat person being an idiot, I'm not really seeing anyone else doing anything wrong. They just told you either "no because __" or "oh I wouldn't expect it to ship yet," and unfortunately most of the time when you tell someone no, you just turn into the bad guy.

Maybe I'm wrong on this opinion, but I always assume lesser service from any companies online chat, so it's something I actively avoid.

Anyway, anyone who preordered a S8, a lot of them have shipped out already, I have a customer who got theirs yesterday (Wednesday) and one got theirs today (Thursday) already, so they're out there already.

Put it this way, you want an item from a company and they offer to guarantee 10:30AM delivery by using their shipper's most expensive service and you agree to pay for that service and guarantee. Maybe you are going out of town, or have something going on that afternoon so you'd like to for sure get that item in the morning. The company then sends it out using a much cheaper shipping option which just says it will be there by 4:30PM - yeah, it might get there earlier, but it probably won't and you'd know this based off of how that shipping company delivers to your work on any other day. That's solely on the seller's company for a) not using the more expensive shipping option in the first place which was paid for by you (and if relating to my case, has never been an issue with them using the priority overnight method before even on a pre-release product because then you still get that item before 10:30AM guaranteed on the actual release date), b) if it by chance showed up by 10:30AM, then they refuse a refund even though it was random luck it got there on time, or c) the item doesn't show up in time, you now can't receive it until Monday, and then they refund the $14.99 and you just have to accept that they did not do the right thing to begin with which caused this whole situation to occur and they just want you to overlook that they messed up the order from the beginning.

It's fine, it is just a phone and I do not NEED it by that time - I simply picked the option in hopes to get it before release as I'd seen many others do. So when it comes after 10:30AM tomorrow that's totally fine, but don't try to charge me for a service that you did NOT provide to begin with. This is on a business account, so maybe the shipping options show up differently on my end.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Now we know why Verizon brought back unlimited. They were hemorrhaging customers

https://www.cnet.com/news/verizons-unlimited-data-turnabout-pays-off-t-mobile-sprint/

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that getting rid of 2 year contracts increases volatility in the subscriber base. Hence why some of these promos they offer are amortized over 24mo instead of granted immediately upon purchase, with no grace option for paying off early.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Churn works both ways though in a market that has no contacts for anyone. In the past it has evened out so that they were still able to add net subs.

This was a bit different.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
It sounds like a lot of their subscriber base loss was from those drat tablets they try to hawk you whenever you show any interest whatsoever in buying something in-store. But ya, this is a weird time for mobile operators. Please get back to making the coverage better and the speeds faster!

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Nope, two separate metrics.

289,000 phone subscribers
255,000 tablet subscribers

So, they lost over half a million subs.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
Did anybody else get an updated corporate discount notice from VZW about a week ago? As far as I could tell, it didn't change anything important relating to my discount terms (still applies to base plan and not access charges, minimum $35 to apply to a plan, 20% plan discount, etc) but it added a 3% discount for My Verizon registration and paperless billing. Doesn't kick in until 6/6/17, so I guess I'll find out then if it actually affects my current plan beyond that or not.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Is there a way to check when your employer discount has to be renewed? I swear when I was looking at switching to the new unlimited plan that it said my employer discount was about to expire, but I can't find that page again.

The new unlimited plan is only a couple bucks cheaper than my old unlimited plan with my employer discount, but I changed jobs last year and my current employer doesn't offer a Verizon discount. Two bucks isn't enough to make me change, but if that discount does go away I might as well do it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You can't use an employer discount on the new unlimited plan at all.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Yeah that was my point. My discount brings my current grandfathered plan down to almost the same price. If the discount goes away I might as well switch to the new unlimited plan.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Their website says the discount is good for 18 months, but it also says my (currently active) discount expires in March 2015.

Edit: To check, sign in and look under My Plan.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Their website says the discount is good for 18 months, but it also says my (currently active) discount expires in March 2015.

Edit: To check, sign in and look under My Plan.

Thanks. You answered my next question too since mine is showing it expired last month. I guess they don't actively monitor these discounts.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Now we know why Verizon brought back unlimited. They were hemorrhaging customers

https://www.cnet.com/news/verizons-unlimited-data-turnabout-pays-off-t-mobile-sprint/

Not a surprise.

And surprise surprise, offering a "free" lovely tablet means people cancel it once the contract is up.

As my posts have probably indicated, it's been a bit depressing / brutal at Verizon recently. I'm still doing ok, but they def have been increasing the pressure for numbers recently because customer traffic has been falling off a cliff.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Not to be down on your job or anything, but the days of the carrier store are numbered.

We are finally getting to the point where wireless is commodity. Unlimited plans are killing all but the lowest of plan tiers. Subsidized contracts have gone away. Excellent low cost unlocked all carrier phones are becoming more and more common so fewer people have to buy phones on payment plans.

Both Apple and Samsung offer cross carrier compatible unbranded and unlocked flagships. It's only a matter of time before both of them make the decision that they don't need to chase shelf space on a carrier store and it's only so long before carriers stop kicking back advertising funds to these manufacturers. Best Buy and even the manufacturer will pick up the slack in financing these flagships and the carriers will quietly exit the hardware business.

When you no longer have to provide support for complicated plans and people buy their phone at the Apple Store, Best Buy, or Amazon on whatever schedule they choose, the stores are suddenly a very expensive operation with little return on investment.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I have no data to back it up, but I would be really, really surprised if a significant percentage of people paid for their phones outright rather than using a payment plan.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

There are payment plan options outside of carrier. For example, the iPhone upgrade program is one monthly cost to ensure you always have the latest phone. For under $70 /month, someone could easily always have the latest iPhone and a few gig of prepaid data and not ever set foot into a carrier store.

Prepaid already accounts for around 1/3rd of wireless users anyways, those people aren't going on carrier payment plans.

Yes, a lot of people are on them now, but it's only a matter of time before the hardware manufactures really start pushing plans like the iPhone upgrade program to keep customers locked into their brand.

Honestly, if Google offered a similar program for their Pixels I would probably jump on it. I would come out slightly less ahead than selling the old phone off every year after buying a new one, but it's less of a pain.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Apr 21, 2017

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm on a payment plan for the Google Pixel from the Play Store. It's rather nice not being tied to Verizon by any hardware other than a SIM card.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, they offer a normal payment plan. I'd like to have an option like the Apple program though which would allow for an upgrade after a year and include some form of hardware accident protection.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Stores are around for awhile. The average consumer still relies on them. I have to hear the average Verizon consumer behind one a one way mirror a few times a year and they would be lost without corporate stores. Of course well paid Verizon sales associates on the other hand....

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

I have no data to back it up, but I would be really, really surprised if a significant percentage of people paid for their phones outright rather than using a payment plan.

I got goaded into a payment plan two days ago while ordering a new iphone SE. Best Buy was offering new 64gig models for $349 on payment plan, $499 cash. I asked if I could pay the plan off immediately and was told yeah, that's not a problem, they just do it to try and incentivize people to buy there over VZW/Apple. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't bother looking into a buyout of the payment plan and just tack it on to their bill with no worries because "it's still cheaper than our old plan!"

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Not to be down on your job or anything, but the days of the carrier store are numbered.

Nah it doesn't bother me, it's def easy to see changes are coming, so I'm looking at options down the road.

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Stores are around for awhile. The average consumer still relies on them. I have to hear the average Verizon consumer behind one a one way mirror a few times a year and they would be lost without corporate stores. Of course well paid Verizon sales associates on the other hand....

This is my bigger concern (I guess obviously). Enough people have not quite a clue on cell phones that there will always be a store to go to. But Verizon is likely going to replace them all with dealer/franchise stores because they are cheaper. And dealers just pay way less than Verizon pays me. I'm pretty sure all of the other 3 carriers pay way less too.

I'd bet good money Verizon is going to do a combo of employee layoffs and store conversion to dealer by end of the year. Leave a few large corporate stores and that's it.

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Most people just do payment plan. The issue for carriers is what someone else posted, customers pretty quickly figure out they don't have to buy a new phone and just go month to month. Less phones sold means less revenue in accessories, extra stuff like iPads, etc.

bull3964 posted:

Prepaid already accounts for around 1/3rd of wireless users anyways, those people aren't going on carrier payment plans.

Only thing I'm not quite agreeing with, I didn't think prepaid was that high yet in the US. People are pretty used to having postpaid.

The only thing that could change the direction is "5G" and really if wireless ever can compete with home internet, but I still think that's 3-4 years away.

Overall, change is good for customers in wireless. I'll eventually move to other sales, just a bummer since I really enjoy my current job.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Well, my wireless at home is already double my FiOS's 75mbps speeds. I'm sure it's wouldn't be if everyone was using it instead of home internet connection which is where 5g would come in, but it's plenty fast enough now.

5g is going to be an interesting thing to see carriers sell. It's important from a technical prospective, but there aren't really any major end user benefits when you're just looking at data connectivity for smart phones. At this point, I would never pay any sort of premium or give up unlimited to go to 5g, there's nothing to gain on my end.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
The future is definitely wireless in terms of home internet. Upgrading wireless speeds is just a matter of new towers, trunk lines, and spectra, whereas upgrading wired home service would eventually end up involving running new fiber to individual houses which would be a much bigger project. Imo

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Does 5G handle large amounts of connections better than typical wireless? It seems like any large populated area would be inundated with interference if everyone was using it...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CaptainJuan posted:

The future is definitely wireless in terms of home internet. Upgrading wireless speeds is just a matter of new towers, trunk lines, and spectra,
Oh is that all?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
As far as the customer loss goes:

In my opinion the coverage quality and support from Verizon has been really excellent.

But I recall awhile back a few years ago they also said to customers "Hey if you don't like the price, don't let the door hit your rear end on the way out!" That wasn't smart.

Also with 5G I thought the cells could be dramatically smaller and more dense. Like you'd have antennas mounted on phone poles.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

One thing I've noticed in the last year or so at the Verizon O&O stores locally -- if you need help with anything that isn't going to give the person you're working with a commission, they're not going to help you.

I had an activation issue with the Pixel I purchased online that left me with no working service. The first store flat out told me they couldn't help and the second one gave me access to their landline and told me I could use it to call technical support.

The good news is this aligns well with the contempt Comcast has for its customers - it's almost like they're setting themselves up for an acquisition or something

:haw:

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Goober Peas posted:

The good news is this aligns well with the contempt Comcast has for its customers - it's almost like they're setting themselves up for an acquisition or something

:haw:

:negative:

Only bright of that is most phone employees here end up at Comcast anyway (I'm near philly so there are a ton of Comcast openings) so I would know a good number of people there already.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

One thing I've noticed in the last year or so at the Verizon O&O stores locally -- if you need help with anything that isn't going to give the person you're working with a commission, they're not going to help you.

Last time I was in a Verizon store I was trying to figure out a fuckup on a trade-in on the iPhone 7 deal a few months back. The guy at the store told me that in order to get my trade-in I would have to switch my plan over to the new Verizon plans instead of my old More Everything plan.

Told him to gently caress off and called CSR who handled it on the phone.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
If verizon has been bleeding customers maybe they should let that 4g hotspot work the same as the phone, with the 22gb slowdown rather than hitting a 10gb wall. I'm not sure how tethering programs work compared to the hotspot. I was getting 700kb/s to 1.5mb/s with the hotspot and did like 100gb last month to download games and poo poo.

I live in the rear end end of nowhere so verizon unlimited is my only feasible option at the moment.

Verizon: embrace rural America, create a truly unlimited home Internet option without (or with limited, 500gb or something) throttling options, and become a friend of the people. Otherwise, face your doom and die in a ditch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

vandalism posted:

If verizon has been bleeding customers maybe they should let that 4g hotspot work the same as the phone, with the 22gb slowdown rather than hitting a 10gb wall. I'm not sure how tethering programs work compared to the hotspot. I was getting 700kb/s to 1.5mb/s with the hotspot and did like 100gb last month to download games and poo poo.

I live in the rear end end of nowhere so verizon unlimited is my only feasible option at the moment.

Verizon: embrace rural America, create a truly unlimited home Internet option without (or with limited, 500gb or something) throttling options, and become a friend of the people. Otherwise, face your doom and die in a ditch.

Rural America is not the audience Verizon cares about nor is concerned about attrition with.

• Locked thread