Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Meridian posted:

I think I finally found a character I halfway enjoy in this game. I was really frustrated with how Ryu doesn't feel like Ryu from SFIV, but at the same time having him be my best character. I have finally embraced M. Beerson. Getting drunk, pushing lots of buttons and being plus on everything is pretty good.

Bison was fun when i played, his ex fireball had somewhat fun space control if it didn't change,

also the HP command normal was stupid good if that hasn't changed.

It was weird no having a psycho crusher but his new moves were interesting enough.

he actually had so many ways to do things that it was weird that other characters didn't. It felt apparent him and birdie were done before the later members of the cast like alex juri etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I find it hilarious that despite Capcom and Sony going hard on E-League promotion, Street Fighter V has sold less than 100,000 units worldwide this year.

anime was right posted:

capcom didnt know what kind of game they were committing to making.

I wouldn't say that completely. The game seemed to be heavy focused in rushdown close combat gameplay. Laura seems to be the poster character of what the characters movesets were suppose to be like. But it seems that they didn't commit to the vision to keep it "Street Fighter". So now you have a game that's based all on pokes and neutered attacks.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Found the reason Capcom is pushing costumes:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/66ke6s/i_bought_every_costume_ever_made_for_sf5_with/

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I've bought all of the DLC to date as well.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

man nurse posted:

I've bought all of the DLC to date as well.

Every single costume you own?

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

SectumSempra posted:

Is sfv good now?

I've seen Colin play. and she seems, not worth coming back to the game for but ok.

And I see no other character has come out yet for season 2 and evo's 3 months off sooo...

Honestly any problems you had with the core gameplay probably weren't fixed or were possibly exacerbated in some cases. The new patch isn't really adding many exciting changes (for instance, players had questioned if Akuma's reward was worth his high risk, so the only change Capcom made was giving him 25 health)

There's also generally a case that if something is cool or powerful, it's made to be brought to the level of everything else instead of the other way around, which is pretty bad in a game where almost everyone feels like the weakest version of themselves.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Why does Capcom hate Birdie?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

We Know Catheters posted:

look within yourself to find the answer

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

anime was right posted:

they sold less of a game that was more expensive to produce and was only done so because they got outside money

given that situation, i am going to go ahead and say they are making enough money to justify the DLC and little else.

That's exactly how you make money though

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sony footed the bill and they produced a nothing of a game that is carried by brand name and 12 dollars a week of dlc outfits some character designer made a year ago for nothing. Possibly an intern. SFV is a scam top to bottom.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

In Training posted:

Sony footed the bill and they produced a nothing of a game that is carried by brand name and 12 dollars a week of dlc outfits some character designer made a year ago for nothing. Possibly an intern. SFV is a scam top to bottom.

It's amusing because if Capcom actually put forth some effort, the game would have sold multiple times more.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

We Know Catheters posted:

God forbid they make a character with good buttons who isn't rushdown.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

It took one day of playing tekken 7 to convince the last of my fighting game group to finally abandon sfv for the turd that it is.

Someone should make a post for that game, because I'm too lazy.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
did they ever bring back bison's Mecha/armored costume from 4?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

MohShuvuu posted:

did they ever bring back bison's Mecha/armored costume from 4?

Not yet, but that is one costume I will definitely pay for if they do.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

I was going to buy Juri's new costume cause it looked cool but after reading this, I don't want to be part of the problem.

I wish my favourite characters were in other games.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

Honest answer. I bought all cause I like to fight against characters using sometimes costumes that match each other, for example, whenever I use Cammy battle costume and I fight Kolin I use her battle costume (VS CPU mode), whenever I use Chun with her swimsuit on the beach stage and pick one of the other girls also on her swimsuit, whenever I use a halloween costume I use spooky arena and fight another character with their halloween costumes. You get the idea.

Also, while playing Cinematic Story mode, I like to set different costumes that I judge more cool for them to be wearing in story mode. For example I like to use Cammy story costume for her which looks a bit more formal for her mission, and Chun Li is also as a cop, Bison wear his battle costume which looks more cool than his regular. I like to have fun changing how the character look.

Die monster, you don't belong in this world!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Just got play DOAX Volleyball you dork

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Just got play DOAX Volleyball you dork

Or hell, DOA5LR, if they like to spend money on outfits

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

In Training posted:

Or hell, DOA5LR, if they like to spend money on outfits

It's also more fun to play.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

gently caress it, I'll say it. Alternate costumes in fighting games are stupid 99% of the time. Arc System Works gets it right.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuokRqHpcsY&t=45m41s

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Genuinely interesting commentary on how SF5 plays, a good post.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Trykt posted:

Genuinely interesting commentary on how SF5 plays, a good post.

gently caress me running for posting on-topic content.
I guess I should instead do like everyone else and discuss Reddit, DoA and political leanings of YouTube personalities instead, huh?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jack Trades posted:

I guess I should instead do like everyone else and discuss Reddit, DoA and political leanings of YouTube personalities instead, huh?

My god shut up

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jack Trades posted:

You could shut the gently caress up instead

Always a thought

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Jack Trades posted:

I don't know how to tell you this, so I'll just say it:

I was being completely sincere with my post. Calm it the gently caress down.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Trykt posted:

In that case, my bad.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VjU4l6NTMk&t=710s

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I keep losing. Keep losing to scrub. To scrub.

edit: That's the key. Don't care. Don't care.

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Apr 24, 2017

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Jack Trades posted:

lol I thought you were on the path to redemption but you managed to immediately gently caress it up

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Jack Trades continues to burn every bridge in his wake.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Trykt posted:

lmaoooo

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I'm picking this up again because I miss playing Gief and I heard he got better. I want a secondary character and Guile and Urien look the coolest while beating on people (the only important measure for any character), but my cursory searching suggests they might be kinda tier-whorey, but maybe that's not a bad thing for a secondary? Also say what you will about this game, but nothing feels better than SPD'ing a fool, standing over him as he wakes up, and catching his jump away with an air SPD.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Playing a top tier is not a bad thing.

Urien and Guile probably won't be top tier after the 2.1 patch though (coming in a couple months)

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

this isn't a thing and who cares if you play any character

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I want to play this character but I am worried they might be too good

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Well SF4 was the first FG i played for more than a few hours, and I picked Sagat because I thought he looked cool, turns out he was the king dick of the whole game at the time so everybody online was wise to everything I could do and that was frustrating, so I've shied away from top tiers because of that. Though this game is much simpler and there's not a lot of wacky stuff in the game anyhow so I doubt people knowing my character will be a very big deal, so I guess not caring about it is the way to go. Also I seem to be getting matches faster than when the game launched? Did capcom actually make a positive change?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

I'm picking this up again because I miss playing Gief and I heard he got better. I want a secondary character and Guile and Urien look the coolest while beating on people (the only important measure for any character), but my cursory searching suggests they might be kinda tier-whorey, but maybe that's not a bad thing for a secondary? Also say what you will about this game, but nothing feels better than SPD'ing a fool, standing over him as he wakes up, and catching his jump away with an air SPD.

https://youtu.be/ZZDzf_wguQU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dracula Factory posted:

Are you a decent judge of what qualifies as a horizontally angles kick attack?