Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

He couldn’t bowl, wore mom pants, rode a girls bike and ghe worst....this is literally the worst

He threw like a girl....

Being a girl is literally the worst thing someone can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Twelve by Pies posted:

quote:

He couldn’t bowl, wore mom pants, rode a girls bike and ghe worst....this is literally the worst

He threw like a girl....
Being a girl is literally the worst thing someone can be.
Haven't seen Trump bowl, wear jeans, ride a bike, or throw anything but a tantrum. I can't wait to see the 70 year old fat man who never exercises and has never actually thrown anything throw a pitch. And the excuses that flow after.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Duke Igthorn posted:

Haven't seen Trump bowl, wear jeans, ride a bike, or throw anything but a tantrum. I can't wait to see the 70 year old fat man who never exercises and has never actually thrown anything throw a pitch. And the excuses that flow after.

Didn't he aleady choose to not go and throw the ceremonial first pitch on opening day?

Can you imagine how Unamerican they would have called a Democrat for skipping that?

Prism fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 19, 2017

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Prism posted:

Didn't he aleady choose to not go and throw the ceremonial first pitch on opening day?

Yep.

quote:

"I was always the best athlete. ... But I also knew that it was very limited, because in those days you couldn't even make a lot of money playing baseball," Trump said during interviews for the book. "Everybody wanted me to be a baseball player. But I was good in other sports too. I was good in wresting, I was very good at football. I was always the best at sports."

But no, it's totally a scheduling conflict as why he's skipping, not that he's now a lumbering gastropod who's long since lost any real athletic abilities he might have ever had (other than cheating at golf of course).

Literally Elvis
Oct 21, 2013

Really wanna know how Freep is taking the news about O'Reilly

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jagged Jim posted:

o: GIdget2004

wow. there are some weird repsonses in this thread.

look, it’s our first mega-millionaire as president. he shouldn’t have to suddenly start living like a mere member of the middle upper class because he has agreed to lead the free world.

(but no, the freaking white house isn’t over-crowded or antiquated, he won’t somehow make back his travel costs, there’s nothing wrong with camp david, earnst isn’t a “dumb broad”, and the white house is absolutely secure)

weird, weird, weird.

50 posted on 04/18/2017 12:44:16 PM PDT by JohnBrowdie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

Huh.

...huh

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yep.

quote:

"I was always the best athlete. ... But I also knew that it was very limited, because in those days you couldn't even make a lot of money playing baseball," Trump said during interviews for the book. "Everybody wanted me to be a baseball player. But I was good in other sports too. I was good in wresting, I was very good at football. I was always the best at sports."
But no, it's totally a scheduling conflict as why he's skipping, not that he's now a lumbering gastropod who's long since lost any real athletic abilities he might have ever had (other than cheating at golf of course).
I'll never stop finding it odd that a man who is totally the best ever at everything ever could fail at so many things

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
He talks like Kim Jong-il.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Literally Elvis posted:

Really wanna know how Freep is taking the news about O'Reilly

Fairly mixed opinions, believe it or not!

Fox News drops Bill O'Reilly in wake of harassment allegations

Some really liked him and are done with Fox News over it.

quote:

Now there is no reason to keep Comcast.
I’m unplugging - saving a ton of money.

3 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:40:22 PM by GreatRoad

Some don't care at all.

quote:

Didn’t much care about O’Reilly as years have gone by. Used to watch. Wishy-washy on almost everything so this doesn’t bother me.

7 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:42:11 PM by bjcoop
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

And some don't like him.

quote:

I got tired of BOR. Although he seems to have a problem with sexual promiscuity, he consistently stood with the Right on social/moral issues. He came across as basically a decent guy.

On the other hand, he seemed clueless when it came to the unconstitutional portion of the federal government and was tone deaf when it came to understanding the benefits of the free market.

17 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:51:26 PM by Jim 0216

quote:

Oh no..... what will his premium members do now? They are so screwed.

Now he'll have all the time in the world to crank out more of his crappy books. Good riddance.

26 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:55:04 PM by Godebert (CRUZ: Born in a foreign land to a foreign father.)

quote:

"Now there is no reason to keep Comcast."

You actually kept cable because of Bill O'reilly? I'm sorry, but that's just pathetic and lame.

32 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:56:53 PM by Godebert (CRUZ: Born in a foreign land to a foreign father.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

A couple of people are actually saying that this is O'Reilly's fault and he has nobody to blame but himself.

quote:

It is amazing to me that Fox News would dump O'Reilly , and preserve Shepherd Smith , who has become the voice and the face of anti-Trump sarcasm on Fox . As for O'Reilly ; it should be a warning to the famous and the wealthy to guard their honor and maintain their virtue .

1 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:36:58 PM by LeoWindhorse
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

No doubt that arrogant old windbag brought it on himself.

Notice that the other male show-hosts on FNC don't have these problems.

BOR should go to MSNBC where the lib wimmin are really ugly and there is little temptation.

Case and point:

[picture of Joy Reid]

23 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:54:05 PM by sickoflibs (Trump "I will put America First!")

quote:

He wasn’t canned for harassing women, he was canned because the details of the multiple harassment settlement became public.

Thank Media Matters for that.

Still, if BOR had behaved himself, there would be nothing to settle or disclose. Ultimately he’s responsible.

Now I wonder...just for shock value NBC should start the rumor they’re thinking of bringing him on as Megyn’s co-host. There would be blood (from the uh, eyes).

Or maybe Trump could use a new press secretary?

16 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:50:53 PM by bigbob (People say believe half of what you see son and none of what you hear - M. Gaye)

quote:

Bill O was right more often than not and he was good at commentary. But it sounds like he had behavior issues that should have gotten him sacked a long time ago. In any case he has lots of money so I don’t expect to see him on public relief anytime soon. Tucker is a good choice to fill the time slot.

24 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:54:13 PM by NRx (A man of integrity passes his father's civilization to his son, without selling it off to strangers.)

quote:

Sorry but you are wrong. O’Reilly got himself sacked. The NY Times was not doing anything wrong by pointing out that the has a serious record of behavioral issues towards women. And frankly I’m getting a bit tired of people on FR, who should know better, assuming he was the victim of some kind of hit when it’s fairly obvious and has been known for years that Bill is a cad.

We need to stop defending people like this just because they say stuff we like on TV or because it is an opposition newspaper that is the first to step up and actually print the unpleasant truth about the man.

55 posted on 4/19/2017, 4:11:01 PM by NRx (A man of integrity passes his father's civilization to his son, without selling it off to strangers.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

Some people aren't taking this well (also please be Hannity next). Check out this Freeper who owns a thesaurus!

quote:

Roger Ailes and Bill O’Reilly, et al, should round up their pals, partner up with every conservative TV advertiser, host, director, producer, news reader, announcer, cameraman/woman, etc. etc., and start a REAL Conservative TV News Network!

As for me, FOX News will NEVER be allowed in my home again!

BOYCOTT THE MURDOCKS, FOX NEWS AND EVERY COMPANY THAT PULLED ITS O’REILLY ADVERTISING!

IF WE REAL CONSERVATIVES WORK TOGETHER, WE CAN BANKRUPT THE MURDOCKS, FOX NEWS AND EVERY ONE OF THEIR PUSILLANIMOUS ADVERTISERS!

THIS IS WAR!

WHO WILL BE THE NEXT CONSERVATIVE TV HOST TO FALL VICTIM TO THE LIEBERAL ESTABLISHMENT’S ODORIFEROUS LIES AND ACCUSATIONS?

HANNITY?

TUCKER?

WATTERS?

WHO?

30 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:56:31 PM by Taxman (Replace the income tax with the FAIRtax and abolish the IRS!)

And there's...this, whatever it is.

quote:

Strange “math” indeed! How the mighty have fallen! I’m always wary of any sexual harassment charge... as it’s a fave tactic of the Left against non-Lefties (O’Reilly is more old Truman Democrat than conservative). So I wonder what the truth and reality are? Wonder how his long-time loyal fans will react?

Maybe if Bill O. changes his name to Clinton if he could skate on this... two Bill Clintons now, both immune from sexual harassment charges. Gets curiouser and curiouser don’t it!?!

34 posted on 4/19/2017, 3:57:37 PM by FiddlePig (Who needs Truth & facts when you have narrative?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

And wow, now I see why Freep may not be fond of O'Reilly, I genuinely had no clue about this.

quote:

Can't say I'll miss Bill O'Reilly. He done us wrong in 2007.

47 posted on 4/19/2017, 4:06:13 PM by kristinn (Who knew Hell has such nice weather?)

That comment, by the way, links to another thread, **O'Reilly Fracture Spins "Hate Site" Free Republic (Kristinn Taylor on O'Reilly 7-31-07)** which contains a link to a Youtube video of Bill O'Reilly reading some Freep comments and calling them vile and that they have some "pretty sick people posting." Youtube video where Bill O'Reilly talks about Freep. The commentary is probably added by a Freeper who's pointing out what Bill is doing is messed up (though of course they wouldn't care if he did it to a liberal).

So that's pretty fun.

Here's a great comment. No, see, I'm not paranoid for thinking women are just waiting to make false sexual harassment accusations about me, they're the paranoid ones!

quote:

I’ve got a dumb question ...

Do any — and I mean any — of these harassment allegations have any facts behind them?

Or are these just more instances of “he said, she said.”

Someone set me straight on this.

Bill O’Reilly has never meant much to me one way or the other.

But “scandals” like these make me so happy I’m retired. It appears to me that vengeful women can just make up stories out of whole cloth — and “she said” will be taken as gospel.

I’m just glad I don’t have to work with younger women and their strange, paranoid attitudes.

76 posted on 4/19/2017, 4:24:51 PM by Nothingburger
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 72 | View Replies]

Anyway that's all from that thread, there's two other threads I saw on the front page but I don't care enough to dig through them, if anyone else wants to feel free.

O'Reilly Out At Fox News; Tucker Carlson To Take Over Timeslot
Fox News Primetime Shakeup: Tucker Carlson Moves to 8 PM, The Five Moves to 9 PM Eastern

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I bet every woman in Mr. Nothingburger's office breathed a sigh of relief the day he got his gold watch. Finally, they don't have a creepy old guy making passes at them anymore.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

quote:

We need to stop defending people like this just because they say stuff we like on TV or because it is an opposition newspaper that is the first to step up and actually print the unpleasant truth about the man. 

A rare moment of clarity.
But he probably is sticking with Trump still

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Alter Ego posted:

I bet every woman in Mr. Nothingburger's office breathed a sigh of relief the day he got his gold watch. Finally, they don't have a creepy old guy making passes at them anymore.

It's :foxnews:, there are probably still at least a dozen crusty old farts making passes at them daily.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Didn't they constantly accuse the left of treating Obama like a Christ figure? And didn't they call that wrong, evil, and proof Obama was terrible, if not the literal anti-christ?

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
It was one of my favorite moments on Conservapedia when their Trump article basically says "while Trump arguably has some Antichrist-like characteristics to him, he *could* also be the guy to save us from the Antichrist."

Most amazing lukewarm endorsement ever; and you know what God says about lukewarm...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Trump basically being the antichrist is what broke Glenn Beck's brain so much he started saying correct things

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Trump basically being the antichrist is what broke Glenn Beck's brain so much he started saying correct things

I thought that was his plummeting ratings.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Remember that Beck was a huge Ted Cruz supporter throughout the campaign and I think he was either bitter or maybe had a huge blow to his self-esteem when his listeners went "Cruz is an establishment cuck, MAGA!" instead of supporting the True Conservative. That's when he started saying sort of reasonable things, to try and trick liberals into thinking he was a moderate guy.

I'm not sure what he thought his end goal was. If Hillary won, he couldn't keep going as a moderate I don't think, and of course with Trump winning he had no choice but to shift into "Trump is actually great and I was wrong the whole time!"

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I'm not sure what he thought his end goal was. If Hillary won, he couldn't keep going as a moderate I don't think, and of course with Trump winning he had no choice but to shift into "Trump is actually great and I was wrong the whole time!"
Wait is Beck supporting Trump now? After his Samantha Bee segment I kinda figured he couldn't just go back to that...

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

jojoinnit posted:

Wait is Beck supporting Trump now? After his Samantha Bee segment I kinda figured he couldn't just go back to that...

Beck's stomach is currently full of Trump's jizz, metaphorically speaking, to answer your question.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Didn't they constantly accuse the left of treating Obama like a Christ figure? And didn't they call that wrong, evil, and proof Obama was terrible, if not the literal anti-christ?

Projection, as always.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
A minor comment, but extremely telling:

quote:

The biggest problem I have with most gay people is that they’re so damned Liberal.

11 posted on 4/7/2017, 1:57:00 PM by dfwgator

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Lol. It all comes down to tribalism

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Remember that Beck was a huge Ted Cruz supporter throughout the campaign and I think he was either bitter or maybe had a huge blow to his self-esteem when his listeners went "Cruz is an establishment cuck, MAGA!" instead of supporting the True Conservative. That's when he started saying sort of reasonable things, to try and trick liberals into thinking he was a moderate guy.

Beck did a hit on NBC during the election and came across as a guy who was finally sobering up from a magnificent bender and was now just fully taking stock of the damage he had done. It was surreal.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

A minor comment, but extremely telling:

The biggest problem I have with most gay people is that they’re so damned Liberal.

11 posted on 4/7/2017, 1:57:00 PM by dfwgator

Yes, it is so odd that we side with the ideology that doesn't want to put us in concentration camps, and advocates for things like science, basic social safety nets, and racial equality.

History will never understand our weird predilections.

Thinking emoji.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
That time of year again: when Freepers all claim they're spending Earth Day burning styrofoam, drinking mercury shots, and shooting spotted owls:

http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3545810/posts

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Freep ponders whether the new GOP health bill will be better. Heresy is afoot:

quote:

Depends.

Don’t torpedo those who want to keep part of what works about Obamacare.

There were MILLIONS of Americans, without insurance before Obamacare.

Sure it is very important it be dramatically improved, but do not forget to keep the coverage, for those who did not have it before, and keep the pre-existing conditions coverage.

Otherwise, absolutely, carry on.

2 posted on 4/20/2017, 5:18:39 PM by cba123 ( Toi la nguoi My. Toi bay gio o Viet Nam.)

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

quote:

Don’t torpedo those who want to keep part of what works about Obamacare.

I literally did a deep-throated supervillain chuckle at this. The poor bastards won't have to wait for lack of healthcare to kill them, admitting that a black man with a D after his name did something good will finish them off slowly and painfully.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Lie down in the street and die! :freep:

quote:

To: cba123

Just make sure to KEEP the coverage which was granted for Obamacare, and most importantly keep the pre-existing conditions coverage.

No, you parasites need to pay your own way or die.

8 posted on 04/20/2017 5:31:03 PM PDT by Sirius Lee (In God We Trust, In Trump We Fix America)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Dale Reed's soul has found a new host!

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

COMPLETELY REPEAL OBAMACARE
EXCEPT FOR THE BITS THAT BENEFIT ME
KEEP THOSE
BUT RENAME THEM
SO THEY ARE NOT THE SAME THING AND THEREFORE
WE COMPLETELY REPEALED IT

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Jagged Jim posted:

Lie down in the street and die! :freep:

quote:

To: cba123

Just make sure to KEEP the coverage which was granted for Obamacare, and most importantly keep the pre-existing conditions coverage.

No, you parasites need to pay your own way or die.

8 posted on 04/20/2017 5:31:03 PM PDT by Sirius Lee (In God We Trust, In Trump We Fix America)

There is not a :allears: big enough. Also, I guaran-goddamn-tee that Sirius Lee is on Social Security, Medicare, and possibly some sort of vet benefits.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Sometimes I wonder if some or all of these more extreme posts are just left-wing trolls, or in the wake of the elections, Russians trying to shore up the most extreme right-wing positions. Real people in this modern age can't be this insane, could they?

Then I see actual right-wingers and my world comes crashing down on me :(

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Man, Freepers hate public transport. Re a French news article about women fearing robbery/assault on public transport:

quote:

The Left LOVES to tell the plebes how egalitarian and politically correct it is to use public transportation!

And so _affordable,_ too!

7 posted on 4/20/2017, 8:46:22 PM by BradyLS (DO NOT FEED THE BEARS!)

*drives on subsidized roads with subsidized fuel, 30k Americans per year killed*

EDIT: tangential and from a decade ago, but one of my favorite dumb Freep posts was someone kvetching about how selfish city-dwellers are: "can you imagine how expensive it is to run all that plumbing and wiring for hundreds of apartments in a big building? At my house we just have a pipe set and a power and phone line running 100 yards out to the road to connect to the county system, much simpler!"

TapTheForwardAssist fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 21, 2017

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

But that's kinda the whole reason all the drones were told to hate it because that's basically the AHA at it's most basic form

"I have pre-existing conditions, AHA means that I can pay for insurance and they can't deny me"
"You're a parasite, pay your own way or go die"
freep stupidity at it's finest. He is paying his own way because of the AHA, otherwise he has to rely on government programs or nothing at all you moron

There is not a :allears: big enough. Also, I guaran-goddamn-tee that Sirius Lee is on Social Security, Medicare, and possibly some sort of vet benefits.
[/quote]

But he EARNED those.....by being one of those boomer parasites that ruined everything for everyone

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 11:23 on Apr 21, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

SocketWrench posted:

But he EARNED those.....by being one of those boomer parasites that ruined everything for everyone

Or he's one of those "I get my insurance from the ACA, not Obamacare!" types.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Paul Ryan showed that conservatives don't really get how health insurance works like how I have yet to meet one bitching about taxes that knew how our progressive tax brackets affect them.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

I've never met a an (American) conservative with a well-argued point that could be supported by data.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

I've never met a an (American) conservative with a well-argued point that could be supported by data.

That's literally the only way to be fiscally conservative, though? Like, every single piece of data points to it being horseshit.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I think at this point "conservative" really means "regressive". It's one of those Americanisms now

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Captain Monkey posted:

That's literally the only way to be fiscally conservative, though? Like, every single piece of data points to it being horseshit.

Yes. The only difference is that poor conservatives are too stupid to understand what they're doing, and wealthy conservatives are too greedy to care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
Russia is banning the Jehovah's Witnesses as a "cult"; most Freepers are opposed to the religious infringement, but not all:

quote:

The Russians are giving graduate level instruction on how to save Western civilization.

3 posted on 4/21/2017, 3:49:51 PM by IDontLikeToPayTaxes