Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

realbez posted:

it isn't about what I will take literally, it is about what all the morons who would buy that knife will take literally. Selling a Tshirt with 'wrong one to gently caress with' written on it is very different to selling a weapon, and if you can't see where the line was crossed there then you are a total fuckwit. This thread has always been full of really bad opinions, but defending a band selling weapons is peak metal thread.

I would buy a t shirt with this post on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

realbez posted:

it isn't about what I will take literally, it is about what all the morons who would buy that knife will take literally. Selling a Tshirt with 'wrong one to gently caress with' written on it is very different to selling a weapon, and if you can't see where the line was crossed there then you are a total fuckwit. This thread has always been full of really bad opinions, but defending a band selling weapons is peak metal thread.

I want a mayhem branded shotgun

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

There are a lot of themes in metal where you could legitimately run with "it doesn't matter if they don't mean it literally" but in this case

Nordick posted:

It's still just tryhard edgelordery, not badass, hth.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Vintersorg posted:

It's pure Depeche Mode worship and I am all for that!
Am I crazy, or does "Rolling Stone" remind anyone else of Alabama 3's "Woke Up This Morning" (the theme to The Sopranos)?

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

wait until they only sell 5% of their inventory and resort to throwing free knives into the audience for the second half of the tour

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
omg it's a WEAPON

they may sell tens of those

time to spazz

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i saw a dude in the pit @ Harpo's in detroit swing a revolver around and some guy came up and stabbed the poo poo out of him

knives are cool

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i saw a dude in the pit @ Harpo's in detroit swing a revolver around and some guy came up and stabbed the poo poo out of him

knives are cool

I never did make it to Harpos when i lived in Michigan but I know this is the most Harpos story I've ever heard

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

I never did make it to Harpos when i lived in Michigan but I know this is the most Harpos story I've ever heard

you missed out. i once waited in line for like 10 minutes for what i thought was the bathroom but it was just dudes pissing into a trashcan because the bathrooms had like 2 inches of water on the floor.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I saw Mastodon after Crack came out and their support band sounded like a screamo tribute to Journey and I would not have minded being stabbed at any point during their performance

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

you missed out. i once waited in line for like 10 minutes for what i thought was the bathroom but it was just dudes pissing into a trashcan because the bathrooms had like 2 inches of water on the floor.

Truly a shame that the former Blondie's owner is trying to make it not a shithole.

Although the only time I went to Blondie's some girl called the parking attendant the n-word.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
Ah, that's why I've been getting notifications that harpos is doing shows again. I had no idea, to be honest.

I'll miss the "anything goes" policy they used to have.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I wondered what other bands would probably have knife merchandise. Yep...

There's like three licensed knives.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Rexxed posted:

What the hell else do you expect when one of the most stand-out things about KISS is Gene's bass is made to be the business side of an axe?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

What the hell else do you expect when one of the most stand-out things about KISS is Gene's bass is made to be the business side of an axe?

or the fact they'll slap their name on any piece of merchandise

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

tote up a bags posted:

I saw Mastodon after Crack came out and their support band sounded like a screamo tribute to Journey and I would not have minded being stabbed at any point during their performance

Yeah i hate protest the hero too especially when their dumb vocalist tries to be a stand up comedian which is all the loving time

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Rexxed posted:

Gross

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

realbez posted:

and extremely bad metal band promoting knife violence is not badass, jesus loving christ

knife violence is a pretty sweet name for a low budget retro thrash band

also lighten up tipper gore it's a friggin pocket knife

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you think that kind of poo poo is 'badass' you are a supreme loser but lol it doesn't surprise me at all that you have all jumped in to defend it

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The dying fetus knife is extremely cheesy. It's kind of like that world of warcraft sword. My Slugdge salt shaker is classy, however.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

If we're going for cool promo items I have a nice little plastic box from Peaceville that had live maggots in it.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Dying Fetus should have branded dead fetuses

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

The last 24 hours have been horrible... Bill Tolley from Internal Bleeding and Martin Funderud from Kraanium / Dragging Entrails both died.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

realbez posted:

If you think that kind of poo poo is 'badass' you are a supreme loser but lol it doesn't surprise me at all that you have all jumped in to defend it

no one's defending it, it's just pretty funny that a bad band is giving their fans knives.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

ultraviolence123 posted:

The last 24 hours have been horrible... Bill Tolley from Internal Bleeding and Martin Funderud from Kraanium / Dragging Entrails both died.

What the hell? I knew about Bill Tolley, but Martin died too? Son of a loving bitch. They were one of the first bands I interviewed during their 2012 US tour when I started writing for a goon webzine, and he was so incredibly nice and grateful.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Rexxed posted:

My Slugdge salt shaker is classy, however.

what, i need one of these, how can I get one.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The knife itself is pretty cool but putting toughguy bullshit "wrong one to gently caress with" is dumb as all hell. Only a goddamn meathead would think it's badass. But hey - fans of this genre are full of shitheads. So making some tiny dick feel empowered with his little knife is right in line with the camo jorts and XTREME tshirts.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

realbez posted:

i think it's pretty funny, all the more so that you're having such a conniption over it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Yeah if you hadn't come in scolding everyone for even finding it amusing we wouldn't even have talked about it for more than two posts

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Vintersorg posted:

The knife itself is pretty cool but putting toughguy bullshit "wrong one to gently caress with" is dumb as all hell. Only a goddamn meathead would think it's badass. But hey - fans of this genre are full of shitheads. So making some tiny dick feel empowered with his little knife is right in line with the camo jorts and XTREME tshirts.

I've always found the tough guy macho man aspect of metal to be extremely lame and shameful. That said, the new Dying Fetus single is pretty good, though I'm not usually a big fan of this kind of death metal so what do I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-79b3VblUyw

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_STTzXIMwU

Went back and listened to Alaska this week and I feel like it's the most coherent Between the Buried and Me album. On later albums, they got to progressive while forgetting about cohesive song construction.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vargatron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_STTzXIMwU

Went back and listened to Alaska this week and I feel like it's the most coherent Between the Buried and Me album. On later albums, they got to progressive while forgetting about cohesive song construction.

Alaska will always be the perfect blend of their metalcore beginnings and their prog future. I adore Colors and The Great Misdirect as well (and I like everything else) but Alaska is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Blood Feast has a new one out today and it rips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j01nQwt6egk

Parachute
May 18, 2003
same but artificial brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5S_BH4PSnM

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

What about camo cargo shorts? :(

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I'm not even loving playing I have a pair of them.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Vargatron posted:

I'm not even loving playing I have a pair of them.

Karl Sanders is that you?

Parachute
May 18, 2003
Karl's at the dojo of nephren-ka

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

They were 10 bucks at Kohl's and I needed something to cut grass with and drink Miller High Life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I wear camo shorts over my women's skinny jeans so I have my bases covered.