Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

ilmucche posted:

This casting crew for ECS matches is terrible.

Honestly, the only real issue is Yanko, whose mic is weirdly quiet all the time for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
People expect their videogames to shout at them whether they're playing or not

Thanks sadokist

Holy poo poo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Been out of the loop for a while now. New Inferno, Negev is a second round buy but apparently sucks poo poo, R8 got a buff, and dust2 isn't in the main competitive map list anymore? Holy gently caress Valve what did you do AND WHAT IS WITH MY SOUND

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

Been out of the loop for a while now. New Inferno, Negev is a second round buy but apparently sucks poo poo, R8 got a buff, and dust2 isn't in the main competitive map list anymore? Holy gently caress Valve what did you do AND WHAT IS WITH MY SOUND

You can change the sound back, unfortunately old inferno is dead. rip

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Don't change it back! Stick with it for three games - it's really good for locating directions.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

stump collector posted:

old inferno is dead

thank loving god

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Handsome Boys are about to get screwed out of the playoffs due to how CEVO handles Forfeit Wins, what a terrible system.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Photex posted:

Handsome Boys are about to get screwed out of the playoffs due to how CEVO handles Forfeit Wins, what a terrible system.

Post on Reddit

surc
Aug 17, 2004

It looks like potentially we won't actually be, because maybe we just don't get the FFW credit until everybody has finished all their games? I'm real ready to rage if it doesn't pan out that way though.

In happier places, imagine how dead I could have been if they'd actually pushed me together here:
https://gfycat.com/FocusedTanAlpinegoat

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

Post on Reddit

Why you gotta bring anime into this

stump collector
May 28, 2007

surc posted:

It looks like potentially we won't actually be, because maybe we just don't get the FFW credit until everybody has finished all their games? I'm real ready to rage if it doesn't pan out that way though.

In happier places, imagine how dead I could have been if they'd actually pushed me together here:
https://gfycat.com/FocusedTanAlpinegoat

nice to see you getting above 70fps brother

surc
Aug 17, 2004

It is a good feeling, for sure. :)

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
One thing I really like about watching NiP is that they don't chase frags. If they're playing an anti-forcebuy round and someone gets dinked by a Tec-9, that guy will try to fall back to a safer position while someone else with 100 HP will try to finish the kill. This should be basic stuff, but for some drat reason, not a lot of pros are responsible with their money.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

ilmucche posted:

This casting crew for ECS matches is terrible.

They are awesome and entertaining. I watched a lot of last ECS season and some of the games can really drag, Dan and Bardolph are good value. Although as someone else said, Yanko's mic is too quiet. He is a much better analyst than spunj i think.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Watching Yanko poo poo on dig and fox was really funny because that was prime silver 2 garbage

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

how is this the same guy who 30bombed multiple times while playing for SK

fallen really must be a magical IGL

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Also one of the ESL casters needs to learn penultimate means second from last, not last.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-iOnwhDJ9w

oh my god

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://clips.twitch.tv/WittyPoorCrabHeyGuys

:staredog:

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

:stare:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
moo

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

that was a loving round.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Brax's return doesn't seem stellar so far?

I assume he will pick up once he's not on literally his first pro game in years.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Brax's return doesn't seem stellar so far?

I assume he will pick up once he's not on literally his first pro game in years.

he's having one hell of a game on mirage, also jasonr on LAN LOL

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Wait, did they unban Brax?

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

technically brax's ban is only for valve sponsored events. Most of the other big orgs followed suit but apparently beyond the summit doesn't care

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Optic is very bad, the real test will be tomorrow vs SK.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

TheFlyingLlama posted:

beyond the summit doesn't care

other orgs should follow suit.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Photex posted:

other orgs should follow suit.

It seems like more and more they are, with dazed getting a regular casting job.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

bad fallen is too good a comentator

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
The jumping pistol headshot. Gtr has actually looked decent through this series at least.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

taco storytime is the best

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpineyCooperativeMosquitoSoBayed

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I actually laughed out loud

summit is the best tournament I've ever seen

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Famethrowa posted:

I actually laughed out loud

summit is the best tournament I've ever seen

https://clips.twitch.tv/ProtectiveHandsomeChamoisCmonBruh

stump collector
May 28, 2007

more taco - https://clips.twitch.tv/SolidRoundOcelotEleGiggle

the intro before any of the games today was funny too
https://clips.twitch.tv/BoldBadShieldVoHiYo

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Has Beyond the Summit ever done a CS tourney before? I've seen them do Smash several times and it always seems cool and chill as hell.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Seeing the top CSGO players competing and hanging out with exactly zero esports bullshit is super entertaining and reminds me a lot of the vibe that more grassroots gaming communities like the fighting game community had before they got tainted with esports too.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
CS summit is cool as a chill contrast to other tournaments, but without a history of proper LANs no-one would give a poo poo about these pros and personalities hanging out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brian
Sep 11, 2001
I obtained this title through beard tax.

canoshiz posted:

Seeing the top CSGO players competing and hanging out with exactly zero esports bullshit is super entertaining and reminds me a lot of the vibe that more grassroots gaming communities like the fighting game community had before they got tainted with esports too.

CS just needs to tank like SFV and hopefully all this esports poo poo will go away :(