Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm glad Miguel Cabrera is alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

my least favorite thing in fantasy baseball is when I'm offered a trade of two for one, I refuse, and then like 2 days later the other guy drops one of the two they were offering me. like, thanks for confirming you were offering garbage you were about to drop anyway? it kind of makes you look lovely.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I sent a blanket offer to my league for the worst player on their roster for Jose Bautista.

I'm so sick of Jose Bautista.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
I got offered Bautista for Kyle Hendricks. I couldn't do it, and Hendricks is sitting on my bench

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Fantasy baseball hurts when you are in two leagues, only because this week I own Freeman & Harper in one, and my opponent in the other league owns both, as well. Their success is also my downfall.

Spoeank posted:

I sent a blanket offer to my league for the worst player on their roster for Jose Bautista.

I'm so sick of Jose Bautista.

I'd probably bite on trading for Bautista, if only because he's my favourite player.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
I was kind of thinking about making a buy-low offer on Bautista...should I not do this?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Guy in my league traded Thames for Bautista and a 2 round late draft pick bump even after I told him no that's dumb don't do that

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

MinibarMatchman posted:

my least favorite thing in fantasy baseball is when I'm offered a trade of two for one, I refuse, and then like 2 days later the other guy drops one of the two they were offering me. like, thanks for confirming you were offering garbage you were about to drop anyway? it kind of makes you look lovely.

I'm one of those guys who sends out feeler trades to get the conversation going. It's not an insult it's just a poke to gauge interest before cutting. There's more than a few waiver wire guys I'd rather pick up in a trade than compete with other people to get.

Anyway could explain why no one will respond to any of my trades in the goon league

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Lol @ Chris sale getting another ND

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

Lol @ Chris sale getting another ND

Chris Sale and Max Scherzer are going to finish with 30 ND's on my roster and I will win ERA and K's.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
As a Chris Sale owner and Blue Jays fan, that was a bullshit way for that game to finish.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
i'm just glad it finished so Bautista couldn't get anymore strikeouts

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Cool dude list:

Thames
Haniger
Souza

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah i got Souza last Saturday for $1

His walk rate is way up so far .

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Buxton for Bautista straight up, who wins?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

coronaball posted:

Whoever is playing them that week

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I just noticed Oh and Herrera are both on the wire in one league, would you guys drop Manaea for one of them? My rotation is pretty solid and he was earmarked as the "streamer" slot anyway.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

coronaball posted:

:cry: I wish they were both at least decent.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

MinibarMatchman posted:

I don't have a problem with that if its a guy i want. That way i don't have to use a waiver or fight others for him :frogbon:

Some people have really poor judgement of who they should drop and id gladly take them for an end of bench guy

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Hector Neris might be the closer in Philly now.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

It's always fun when the middle relievers you draft in holds leagues get too good and end up as closers. And by always fun I mean not fun at all.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

tinstaach posted:

It's always fun when the middle relievers you draft in holds leagues get too good and end up as closers. And by always fun I mean not fun at all.

My friends and I decided to do Saves+Holds as a category this year, it's the bee's knees.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

My friends and I decided to do Saves+Holds as a category this year, it's the bee's knees.

Man, that opens up the "viable reliever" field so much. I actually wonder if it doesn't open it up too much.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Thats what I wanted to do in the goon league this year but we went for Saves and Holds as two separate categories. It's actually pretty fun trying to find a balance on the roster or punting one of the categories. My strategy has been to grab holds guys that occasionally spot in the 9th when the closer was used the day before. It sometimes gives me that extra boost I need to win both categories.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Start Tyler Glasnow against the Yankees? And do you like him this season? I saw his start vs. the Cubs and, yes he is wild, but so much movement on some pitches, looked like he was throwing a wiffle ball or something.

It's tough because I don't trust Glasnow but I don't want to cut him in a 12-teamer, where there's no one with his potential on the wire.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Start Tyler Glasnow against the Yankees? And do you like him this season? I saw his start vs. the Cubs and, yes he is wild, but so much movement on some pitches, looked like he was throwing a wiffle ball or something.

It's tough because I don't trust Glasnow but I don't want to cut him in a 12-teamer, where there's no one with his potential on the wire.

vs the Yankees is a tough call, because they've been blowing up guys who can't hit their spots but then almost get Maddux'd by Gonzalez.

But I don't think Glasnow is ready to be an everyday starter yet regardless. I wouldn't drop him, he's a good stash.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Hey Trevor Story Sorry, hit the drat ball. I know it's only april, but quite being a jabroni and for the love of god hit the motherfucking ball. 4/42 over the last two weeks?!?!?! wtf.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Hey Trevor Story Sorry, hit the drat ball. I know it's only april, but quite being a jabroni and for the love of god hit the motherfucking ball. 4/42 over the last two weeks?!?!?! wtf.

He will come around. Coors is magic.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
hot take trevor story isn't that good and last year was a fluke. He going to hit like .240 and not crack 30 HR sorry guys

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

hot take trevor story isn't that good and last year was a fluke. He going to hit like .240 and not crack 30 HR sorry guys

Go look at how many coors regulars have ever hit under like .250, it ain't many

Edit: I'm so scared that you are right though :cry:

Doghouse fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 21, 2017

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Just got Posey back from the DL two days ago and now Bumgarner's hurt. He joins Beltre and JD Martinez.

Probably shouldn't have named my team Dr. Andrews' Waiting Room.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Jesus gently caress, my offense has completely disappeared from all of my teams this week.

My little brother is going to beat me :(

EDIT: Also god dammit loving Yahoo needs to make it clearer when somebody will be pitching Bundy is on my loving bench in the Goon league.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 22, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Someone out there got Bumgarner and Marte at the 2-3 turn. Imagine being that person right now.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spoeank posted:

Someone out there got Bumgarner and Marte at the 2-3 turn. Imagine being that person right now.

They deserve it for going SP that early

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Getting one SP in the third is fine.

V happy with my Christopher Sale, por ejemplo.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Inspector_666 posted:

Jesus gently caress, my offense has completely disappeared from all of my teams this week.

My little brother is going to beat me :(

EDIT: Also god dammit loving Yahoo needs to make it clearer when somebody will be pitching Bundy is on my loving bench in the Goon league.

They didn't give a notification when Tyson Ross was starting yesterday either. Which was really annoying since I'd been holding him for 3 weeks or whatever it's been. ESPN is way better on notifications.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Doghouse posted:

He will come around. Coors is magic.

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Was that so hard? Everyone's happy eating Grand Salami.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

coronaball posted:

They didn't give a notification when Tyson Ross was starting yesterday either. Which was really annoying since I'd been holding him for 3 weeks or whatever it's been. ESPN is way better on notifications.

Unless you mean Joe he hasnt pitched yet...

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Eric Thames: Chris Shelton or Jose Bautista?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Moneyball posted:

Eric Thames: Chris Shelton or Jose Bautista?

Closer to Jose imho.

• Locked thread