Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Arena should be fun this week considering I have 5 aoe status inflicters now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

HGH posted:

Crafting my eggs right now. Any reason for me to keep a Staff of Wrath? Or multiple even?

It's got great

Evil Fluffy posted:

Staff can be useful for tanks like WoL, you want at least one.

E:F;B

Mischalaniouse posted:

I've been running the thing non-stop since it started and I have yet to see a single one of the bonus bosses. With the low drop rates and mediocre rewards besides the usual ones like tickets and quartz, this seems to be the worst King Mog event yet.

I've seen two golden bombs and none of the other thing. The golden bomb encounters made those runs worth it.

hamsystem posted:

Arena should be fun this week considering I have 5 aoe status inflicters now.

Yessssss Ling is back on top where she belongs.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I've seen 3 total bombs and one of the special one on PRO only runs

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

guys help my friends list is trash - 535 139 589

also, I'm fairly new. Do I need to farm up all the mats I need to awaken terra/setzer/kefka during the event or will mog still sell them afterwards?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ghostnuke posted:

guys help my friends list is trash - 535 139 589

also, I'm fairly new. Do I need to farm up all the mats I need to awaken terra/setzer/kefka during the event or will mog still sell them afterwards?

Mog will continue to sell the current stock for a week or 2 after the event ends, but you won't be able to get more fish at that point, only spend what you have already accumulated. When the next Mog event occurs he will have an all new stock of stuff.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

Mog will continue to sell the current stock for a week or 2 after the event ends, but you won't be able to get more fish at that point, only spend what you have already accumulated. When the next Mog event occurs he will have an all new stock of stuff.

So basically if you don't get your mats during the event, that unit is forever hosed because you can't awaken it?

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Ghostnuke posted:

So basically if you don't get your mats during the event, that unit is forever hosed because you can't awaken it?

Except for a handful of characters (Y'shtola, minifila and Thancred off the top of my head) everyone uses the same awakening materials set. You would just need to wait till the next king mog event to have a chance at getting 6* materials again (or the maze special dungeon I can't remember the name of). 5* and below awakening stuff can drop from the vortex awakening dungeon.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

Ghostnuke posted:

Awakening Mats aren't character specific (with a few rare exceptions, but this isn't one of them), so don't worry about it if you can't afford them now. King Mog will sell the same set the next time he pops up and you can get 4-5 star awakening mats from the Chamber of Awakening and 6 star mats whenever the enchanted maze is active.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Ghostnuke posted:

No, he'll typically have the same mats available again. Only limited time stuff works like that.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Also the materials needed to awaken the FF6 characters aren't exclusive to this event. If you can't awaken them there'll be other events to get 6* awakening materials (Divine Crystal, Fairies' Writ, Rainbow Bloom, Calamity Gem, Prismatic Horn, and Calamity Writ). The other awakening materials (Bizarre Box, Lucky Seedling, Brilliant Ray, Wicked Drop, Fury Seed, Hard Rock) are also available in the Awakening Pro Vortex dungeon. Farming them does suck but you'll also need to farm Sacred and Holy Crystals which you have to do the Awakening vortex dungeons to get (or some world dungeons/explorations) because Gumi hates us and didn't put them in the shop.

tl;dr there aren't any exclusive awakening materials in the event so don't worry too much if you can't get enough fish to buy them out. There will be more opportunities in the future to get more awakening poo poo.

e: dang beaten hard

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

ok, phew. I've been spending all my energy farming fish in case I couldn't get the mats any more.

Now I just need some friends so I can farm the PRO one! *AHEM*

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ghostnuke posted:

ok, phew. I've been spending all my energy farming fish in case I couldn't get the mats any more.

Put something goony in your message.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Ghostnuke posted:

You can find many goon whales here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PBoE56CzVaq1L8WE4sMeBhkoEByummcaU-8qMIFfZLI/edit#gid=0

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
I believe that's an old list, we use a new one. Anyways join discord.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tipme posted:

I believe that's an old list, we use a new one. Anyways join discord.

Pretty sure that is the new one, as seen by me being the 10th entry on it instead of way way down.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

I have the discord app, is there a channel or something I should look for?

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Oh I can't find the a new list but I could have sworn there was one but im lazy and on mobile atm. Because that list doesn't show me having Olive and I remember entering one where I did.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ghostnuke posted:

I have the discord app, is there a channel or something I should look for?

https://discord.gg/Jx9b6Rt

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tipme posted:

Oh I can't find the a new list but I could have sworn there was one but im lazy and on mobile atm. Because that list doesn't show me having Olive and I remember entering one where I did.

You mean line 60 which has you listed as Olive/Noctis?

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Ghostnuke posted:

I opened up a few spots: 827 538 035
I usually run whatever is the best unit for whatever event is going on but have a pretty baller Noctis too.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Ok I see my phone was opened on to the pre orlandu tab.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

fullTimeLurker posted:

so does running this with a Xon + Locke do anything for you? I really don't understand how their passives work.

I've been just bringing TMR units but, yea, maybe I should run Xon + Locke.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Ghostnuke posted:

I got a fatty 1100 ATK Ifrit Olive for you. 411 249 974.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Thanks dudes! I sent out a bunch of requests.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I've been just bringing TMR units but, yea, maybe I should run Xon + Locke.

They really don't seem to do much. I ran Electrical Tower - Pursuit three times and only got 1 of each crystal.

I then ran Awakening Pro and got 12 Holys off 5 runs. 100 NRG is a lot but it got me what I needed.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 21, 2017

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Why don't I see Elzas in my friends list ever? Is she a bad rainbow unit or are there just not many around? I used to have her up but since I got Luneth he is stronger so although she is still on my team he is my leader now.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

rio posted:

Why don't I see Elzas in my friends list ever? Is she a bad rainbow unit or are there just not many around? I used to have her up but since I got Luneth he is stronger so although she is still on my team he is my leader now.

My take: Because there are a lot better units available now. Her weapon pool is meh unless you spend a materia slot on being able to equip swords, and then a second for dual wield. Also because she was a limited unit so only some players even have her.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm fine with the amount of fish dropped per run, but man, the King Mog rewards feel really underwhelming this time around. I'll probably just grab the Rare Summon Tickets, the 10% Trust Moogle, and maybe some awakening mats/Gigantaurs and call it a day.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

I'm fine with the amount of fish dropped per run, but man, the King Mog rewards feel really underwhelming this time around. I'll probably just grab the Rare Summon Tickets, the 10% Trust Moogle, and maybe some awakening mats/Gigantaurs and call it a day.

Grab the tabby suit, you never know. You might need to gear somebody for maximum HP and having a 10% boost on a chest piece is rare if not unique. It may turn out to be worthless in the future, but it's not that hard to get the 10k fish for it.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, it'd go great for a support unit (or a healer if you didn't get Aiden's TMR from the easter event or use Y'shtola). I gave my Tabby Suit to Ling for the HP and MP to keep her in fights and more MP battery power.

e: The rest is subpar though I agree. Beret is a repeat of the Festival Cap from Christmas but good for newer players. The materia looks totally :geno: (but still better than the MP+15% materia)

Scrublord Prime fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Apr 21, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So why on PRO on round 3 do I get a Behemoth one time, then Apocryphia another?

Just for Refia and Minfila awakened to 6. Guess I will grind out the rest of the 160 mats, exp cactus and the tabby suit and figure out this macro stuff.

I couldn't find the settings gear in the instructions on Reddit so I also installed Nox and played for a few on my PC last night. Didn't test any macros but just familiarized myself with how things looked.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

They really don't seem to do much. I ran Electrical Tower - Pursuit three times and only got 1 of each crystal.

I then ran Awakening Pro and got 12 Holys off 5 runs. 100 NRG is a lot but it got me what I needed.

Do the vortex chambers benefit from xon/locke's drop boost?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I thought they were gonna give some buff to FF6 characters from the goon that talked to the developer, but I guess not?

A guy can hope one day Shadow doesn't suck butt. A guy can hope.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Servaetes posted:

I thought they were gonna give some buff to FF6 characters from the goon that talked to the developer, but I guess not?

A guy can hope one day Shadow doesn't suck butt. A guy can hope.

It's still possible they are saving something for week 2, I just wouldn't hold my breath. My theory was Celes and General Leo get six stars. "Use the former generals of the ghestalian empire to beat Kefka!"

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 21, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'd love to see all the remaining FF6 characters get 6*s, enhancements, and maybe some other type of upgrades for week 2. I want an entire squad of ff6 characters!

EDIT

Cartoon Man posted:

It's still possible they are saving something for week 2, I just wouldn't hold my breath. My theory was Celes and General Leo get six stars. "Use the former generals of the ghestalian empire to beat Kefka!"

I could go with Celes and Leo getting 6*. I just recently both both of them, and they would fit the event.

Khisanth Magus fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Apr 21, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Celes would be cool to get 6* just to try and see what utility Runic could bring again. iirc the Brachiosaur trial boss could cast Ultima and Celes could just runic it away :black101:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

It would also be funny as hell to release a kick rear end 6* General Leo that turns out to be better than WoL, which gets released the next week.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostnuke posted:

Look bro, I was at work and now your friend list is apparently full? ;p

I got ten slots free after purging friends inactive more than a week. 634,188,308 for a Trance Terra buddy, I may replace Ling full time once these TMs are done.

rio posted:

A lot of the people who drew an Elza when it was possible to do so have given up.

Cartoon Man posted:

That would be perfect. Just perfect. :)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Just for the heck of it I downloaded Brave Frontier to see what Gumi's other game was like. I must say that they made huge strides with FFBE in basically every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I still have my Elza :(

But I also now have Olive who has the same -DEF% Break as her, and Orlandeau who is, well, Orlandeau. Elza would need to get something crazy like a -70% DEF break or AoE Reraise as enhancements for me to consider putting her back on the team.

• Locked thread