Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

parallelodad posted:

Why the gently caress are they remaking the mummy with Tom Cruise instead of the wolfman?

Don't you loving put that evil on The Wolfman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Burkion posted:

Don't you loving put that evil on The Wolfman.

In pretty sure Cruise is supposed to be in it anyway once they make it. He's the thread that ties them all together.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I still don't get why they didn't make them cheaper horror movies, instead of huge bloated wannabe blockbusters.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

MonsieurChoc posted:

I still don't get why they didn't make them cheaper horror movies, instead of huge bloated wannabe blockbusters.

They landed some big name actors for these movies, and I assume that was a major reason why the idea got off the ground in the first place. Once you're paying Cruise and Crowe and Johansson huge salaries it probably is inevitable that the budgets will end up sky high, especially because you know they're going to spend tens of millions(if not more) on advertising.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

parallelodad posted:

Why the gently caress are they remaking the mummy with Tom Cruise instead of the wolfman?

Just lmao if you didn't know The Mummy was the start of The Wolfman/Mummy/Dracula cinematic universe with Tom Cruise eventually revealed to be Van Helsing

honestly not joking

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Basebf555 posted:

They landed some big name actors for these movies, and I assume that was a major reason why the idea got off the ground in the first place. Once you're paying Cruise and Crowe and Johansson huge salaries it probably is inevitable that the budgets will end up sky high, especially because you know they're going to spend tens of millions(if not more) on advertising.

Who is she going to be, Frankenstein's Bride? I guess since they already made the Mummy a woman they can do the same for others, but as far as I remember the Classic Monster universe would be a sausage fest.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Who is she going to be, Frankenstein's Bride? I guess since they already made the Mummy a woman they can do the same for others, but as far as I remember the Classic Monster universe would be a sausage fest.

She's the lead in the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

parallelodad posted:

In pretty sure Cruise is supposed to be in it anyway once they make it. He's the thread that ties them all together.

What I mean is

Tom Cruise is one of the worst choices you could get for the character of Larry Talbot.

He could portray an early Larry fine, but after he becomes the Wolfman? No goddamn way.

Mind you the fact that they didn't make the Wolfman the main character of these films is already an indictment against them. Who the gently caress cares about Hellsing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well the mummy is a woman in the first movie here, I think maybe Cara Delevigne? Johansen could be Mina or Dr. Frankenstein or the Wolf-man. I'm sure her waking up in ripped clothes would put some butts in seats.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Burkion posted:

What I mean is

Tom Cruise is one of the worst choices you could get for the character of Larry Talbot.

He could portray an early Larry fine, but after he becomes the Wolfman? No goddamn way.

Mind you the fact that they didn't make the Wolfman the main character of these films is already an indictment against them. Who the gently caress cares about Hellsing.

No one unless it's Hugh Jackman or Peter Cushing

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Would you stop trying to put actors who do not belong in the Wolfman in the Wolfman thank you

Also it's not even like this is the first lady Mummy for the love of Christ.

It's not even the first one IN THE UNIVERSAL LINE. Sure she wasn't a villain, exactly, but the one from Hammer Horror was.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Triple H as the Wolfman.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Braun Strowman as the big guy who beats up your nerdy old horror movie icons.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

parallelodad posted:

Well the mummy is a woman in the first movie here, I think maybe Cara Delevigne?

Sofia Boutella.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Burkion posted:

Would you stop trying to put actors who do not belong in the Wolfman in the Wolfman thank you

Also it's not even like this is the first lady Mummy for the love of Christ.

It's not even the first one IN THE UNIVERSAL LINE. Sure she wasn't a villain, exactly, but the one from Hammer Horror was.

You don't think ScarJo would be a good wolf man?

Electromax
May 6, 2007

SMP posted:

I googled Ving Rhames to see what he's been up to and uh, oh...

Man mauled to death at Ving Rhames' home

Full story because I also looked it up:
http://people.com/celebrity/coroner-dogs-didnt-kill-ving-rhamess-caretaker/

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

parallelodad posted:

Has ScarJo ever been a three-time WWE World Championship Title holder?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Is Legion based on the comic series that came out a few years ago?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Braun Strowman as the big guy who beats up your nerdy old horror movie icons.

Peter Cushing would destroy Braun Strowman. Not even a contest. Plus Strowman can't pull off a crushed velvet vest.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

parallelodad posted:

A better actor she might be than Cruise, I don't think she has the range to pull off Larry as a character.

If the 2010 movie did one thing wrong, they went too far in one direction with Larry's character. A necessary thing, if you're trying to do your own take, but an unfortunate one.

The Wolf Man needs some one who can range from being a playboy at ease with the world and their life, very happy and content with how things are, to an utter suicidal wreck of a human being who is filled with frustration and anger at what has happened to them and what they end up doing to people.

There are plenty of actors with that range. ScarJo isn't one that comes to mind. She would, for lack of a better term, have too much fun being the Wolf Man, which at that point, why even have it be the same character? Just make it a random werewolf.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

UmOk posted:

Is Legion based on the comic series that came out a few years ago?

Like...super loosely?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When I mentioned Cruise in the wolf man earlier I didn't mean as Talbot, but as his current role, action protagonist who has to deal with things out of his depth and run from things.

ScarJo would make a great Talbot, she's played different characters that encompass the different aspects of it. I think she would play the actual wolf as more Alien though which would be interesting. Looks like she's in CftBL anyway, though.

For Talbot I nominate Michael Shannon

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

parallelodad posted:

Well the mummy is a woman in the first movie here, I think maybe Cara Delevigne? Johansen could be Mina or Dr. Frankenstein or the Wolf-man. I'm sure her waking up in ripped clothes would put some butts in seats.

Cara Delevigne already played a mummy in Suicide Squad.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Dream Casting for the Universal Monster Cinematic Universe would be:

The Mummy: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
The Wolfman: Paul "Triple H" Levesque
Dracula: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
The Creature from the Black Lagoon: MIck "Cactus Jack" "Mankind" "Dude Love" Foley

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Dream Casting for the Universal Monster Cinematic Universe would be:

The Mummy: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
The Wolfman: Paul "Triple H" Levesque
Dracula: Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
The Creature from the Black Lagoon: MIck "Cactus Jack" "Mankind" "Dude Love" Foley

Look at this guy deluded by Attitude Area nostalgia.

Clearly the more modern and more popular fan-casting is:

The Mummy: Roman Reigns
The Wolfman: Roman Reigns
Dracula: Sheamus
The Creature from the Black Lagoon: Roman Reigns

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just hope they get Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg for Abbot and Costello.

Thank God this isn't Sony or it would be Seth Rogen and James Franco.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Here's that Hasselhoff song from the new Guardians soundtrack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8guxsR0k_AU

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Burkion posted:

He could portray an early Larry fine
What do the 3 Stooges have to do with any of this?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sir Nose posted:

What do the 3 Stooges have to do with any of this?

More than you would think

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

LesterGroans posted:

I'll admit that it's possible the show got good after two whole, awful seasons. I have no idea.

It's happened before.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
aaahahahahahahahah they should make individual Stooge movies, setting up Curly, Larry, and Moe's tragic backstories before the big teamup film

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Delzuma posted:

This is the dumbest thing.

I love it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/EW/status/855424659847827458

:allears:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bring back old gbs posted:

aaahahahahahahahah they should make individual Stooge movies, setting up Curly, Larry, and Moe's tragic backstories before the big teamup film

Unite the Three

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I saw the trailer last night, and this is super obvious but I didn't notice it before.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Also, I do think the Universal Monsters franchise could be cool and I like the idea of a franchise linked more by its villains instead of the heroes. Tom Cruise notwithstanding of course.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Tom Cruise is a really good actor who just enjoys making action films because they're fun to make.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Tom Cruise is a really good actor who just enjoys making action films because they're fun to make.

He also apparently loves to push the limits of the stunts he can do himself. The one in Mission Impossible 6 took months of planning and will top the ones he did in Ghost Protocol and Rogue Nation, according to Christopher McQuarrie.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The more MI movies, the closer we are to Karl Pilkington's movie idea coming true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Delzuma posted:

If they're going for Kung Fury, they should have had Power Glove do the soundtrack.

• Locked thread