Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Those having constant disconnects is your connection wired or wireless? I moved from wireless to wired and rarely crash now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

RBA Starblade posted:

I don't think the same type of combo can detonate twice, but if you're using the dual ammo bug or something you can detonate a Tech combo then a Cryo combo.

Zakmonster posted:

Oh, I didn't know that. Stopped playing DAMP a long while ago and I only got my details second-hand. The bit about the special consumable is terrible, but the rest of it doesn't sound too bad.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work this way, but a friend and I are halfway convinced the Expose debuff from 2 different Annihilations stack.

Oh yeah? I wonder what was going on then. The combotastic mod definitely had nothing to do with it, it was just a gold-outlaws-zero game. The double expose could have had something to do with it. What I CAN say for sure is that if you charge (with radius) two guys who are in an annihilation field, both detonate simultaneously, so it may have just been the damage from two detonations going off at once that made me think it was the two fields priming at the same time.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Oh, its probably Charge detonating two people at the same time. Charge and Shockwave are the two powers I know can definitely set off two detonations (on two different targets) at the same time.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Zakmonster posted:

Yeah, I love the floaty effect on Annihilation.

And in my brief experiences with the ammo glitch, it feels like weapons don't prime as often as they used to? I used to reliably prime with the Cyclone, but when I tried out the glitch, it didn't seem to be working very well.

I don't have problem priming with the charger, but I think the trick is still in effect where you have to let go of the trigger to really get stuff to proc

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I also unlocked a Hurricane, and yeah. It's a straight upgrade of the Charger and does respectable damage in its own right.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Friendly reminder: Respecs are really really cheap and you should not at all shy away from using them.

It takes about 1 minute of button pressing in strike teams or phone app to get the mission funds for a respec.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

ZombyDog posted:

Shoot Observers in their glowy face when they are shooting you ( weakspot ), shoot Assemblers in their glowy face when they are shooting you ( weakspot ), shoot.

I seem to have so much trouble with these hitboxes, 90% of the time it never criticals and I can't figure out why.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Thor-Stryker posted:

I seem to have so much trouble with these hitboxes, 90% of the time it never criticals and I can't figure out why.

You gotta adjust for code jank pull- aim to the left empty air or their knee, and boom, head shot.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah, your aim is too accurate. Shoot random places that don't look like the weak spot more often and you'll start getting a lot more crits. I have good luck with the shoulders and arms, where space men store their vital organs.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Thor-Stryker posted:

Are you a krogan? Because apparently 600 years in deep freeze had ruined their ability to sight in a rifle scope.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I had a strike team get a positive trait from failing a mission. I didn't know that was possible.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Had three whole matches with the sound bug today. Twice when doing Krogan Vanguard...has there been any particular indication of why/when this issue occurs?

Also, is it generally agreed that the Human Engineer is the worst class? Cryo Beam is a big "COME KILL ME, GUYS!" signal flare to the entire enemy army and the Assault Turret is vastly underwhelming. All three piddly powers that don't synergize well and do piddly damage. Poor defense, poor damage, poor support.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

BrianWilly posted:

Had three whole matches with the sound bug today. Twice when doing Krogan Vanguard...has there been any particular indication of why/when this issue occurs?

Also, is it generally agreed that the Human Engineer is the worst class? Cryo Beam is a big "COME KILL ME, GUYS!" signal flare to the entire enemy army and the Assault Turret is vastly underwhelming. All three piddly powers that don't synergize well and do piddly damage. Poor defense, poor damage, poor support.
No I think that honor goes to HuSent. Nothing synergizes, here have this stupid wall power that uses ammo. At least you can create/detonate your own combos with HuEng.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

SubponticatePoster posted:

No I think that honor goes to HuSent. Nothing synergizes, here have this stupid wall power that uses ammo. At least you can create/detonate your own combos with HuEng.

throw points into everything except barricade.
I only use that ability when the extraction happens to be especially hot, if I even remember that I have it

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

What? Naw, Sentinel is great and I can reliably do Gold with him. Just have Energy Drain specced to prime targets and you can detonate anything with Throw. I also have it specced to refill the Shields of my nearby teammates so I make a great support player if I do say so myself.

Engineer can only do self-combos on unShielded enemies, by using Cryo Beam (which is basically a death sentence for yourself) (and also doesn't reliably prime targets anyway) or your Turret's flamethrower (which, again, isn't reliable) on them and then Overloading them. But you're supposed to be using your Overload to take out enemy Shields, so you won't have Overload ready to detonate anything if you're actually using it as intended.

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Sentinel is pretty mediocre at level one, but pretty good once you get them levelled up. Tech armour plus barricade plus energy drain makes you fairly tough, energy drain can detonate and prime, and throw can detonate and prime red-health enemies with the extended duration evolution. The electric barricade also primes, and is really good for stunning dogs, and in general is pretty nice for herding enemies.

I find the human adept the most frustrating to use. You have pull, which either sets enemies up for combos, lets you slowly carry around up to 2 enemies (drop or punch them over a ledge, in more time that your teammate can shoot them to death, unless you're standing in the open next to a pit, maybe), or does mediocre shield damage with 6 ranks. Singularity is fairly good, but has a horrendously long cooldown. Shockwave works, which makes it better than the ME3 version at launch, and it can be a primer and detonator on all defences. But it's got a short range, and if you do take the rank 6 evolution to prime, you have nothing to detonate with.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Shockwave also detonates, and the exploding singularity also detonates whatever didnt die from the first one.

I only have a single point in pull because its a "stop bothering me" power for red bars like wraiths, adhi, and breachers.

So I throw singularity, shockwave those assholes, then explode the singularity. Then just gun down whatever didnt die. It owns.

I loving love my Adept.

E: yes the long recharge on singularity sucks, but if you explode it as soon as possible instead of let it sit there, it goes right back to recharge which means you can have it up more often.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I've been using my Adept mostly as mob control. Enemies that are Pulled or Singularity'd are enemies that aren't laying waste to your team for five or six seconds...which is quite a while, in this game..and Pull has such a short cooldown that you can be dropping it on almost every red-health-bar you see (I also have it specced for group pull). You do have to be a little more judicious with what you detonate...I mostly save the Singularity/Shockwave combo for your general Shielded enemies like Observers and Sharpshooters; one detonation is usually enough to strip the Shields and have them floating helplessly in your death sphere.

Not sure if this setup is Gold-viable, though. It's definitely weak against any armored foes who are gonna make a beeline for you, like...a lot of the Outlaws.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
1 point pull will also stagger a lot of mid tier yellow bars like pariahs etc. It can give you a split second to shoot them in the face (always be using powers, but shooting stuff when waiting for a recharge is still good)

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

When you're just starting out on bronze with commons at level 1, the engineer is actually the best IMO because overload actually does good damage to shields and cryo beam + overload is powerful at that point. Then it scales horribly up to gold, because they did not test anything on gold.

I have not been impressed with the adept or sentinel at all either. The other human classes are all great, although the soldier is drat near obsoleted by the turian soldier, and depends on having better guns unlocked.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Human Sentinel is a pretty good weapons platform if you go with full points in Barricade. Not as good as a soldier with Turbocharge, but a lot tougher.

Human Engineer its important to get the Cryo Trap evolution for Cryo Beam. Basically spray it on the ground in front of you. Lasts longer than the cooldown on Cryo Beam, does everything Cryo Beam does but in an area and you can hide in cover.

Human Soldier not as good as Turian Soldier, but can reliably detonate things with Concussive Shot. I'll pick one or the other depending on what the rest of my team is like.

Error 404 posted:

Shockwave also detonates, and the exploding singularity also detonates whatever didnt die from the first one.

I only have a single point in pull because its a "stop bothering me" power for red bars like wraiths, adhi, and breachers.

So I throw singularity, shockwave those assholes, then explode the singularity. Then just gun down whatever didnt die. It owns.

I loving love my Adept.

E: yes the long recharge on singularity sucks, but if you explode it as soon as possible instead of let it sit there, it goes right back to recharge which means you can have it up more often.

Haven't played Human Adept much, but this build sounds good.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Jesus gently caress, last two games I had one crash to blue screen and the other randomly disconnected, both on wave 5 too. This game is coded like dogshit.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
If you spec Barricade for priming on Human Sentinel you also get really good dog-protection as they get repeatedly zapped and kept stunned - and it also leaves you with two detonators to create even more stunning fields out of those zapped enemies.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
The human sentinels also get the tech armor passive, which, along with barricade, makes you one tanky motherfucker.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Has anyone beaten Kett on gold yet? I'm convinced they are neigh un-beatable, even with a pre-made group with mics. I played a game with 2 of my friends on Kett/Gold/Sandstorm AND double ammo and we lost on wave 6 because 2 of the assassination targets were.....of course... ascendents. Two of my teammates were sync killed and one of them was sync killed by an ascendent that I was repeatedly rocketing in the orb but didn't break animation! We lost because time ran out and the last ascendant was a sliver of health away from death before his shield came back up. What kind of BS is Kett made of? But in all seriousness Reapers on Gold were easier than Kett is on Gold, hands down. From launch they were both hard but the Kett just have a monopoly in the buggy, insta-kill industry. Overally I think our team did rather well, but they must be stopped!!!

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

MarshyMcFly posted:

Has anyone beaten Kett on gold yet? I'm convinced they are neigh un-beatable, even with a pre-made group with mics. I played a game with 2 of my friends on Kett/Gold/Sandstorm AND double ammo and we lost on wave 6 because 2 of the assassination targets were.....of course... ascendents. Two of my teammates were sync killed and one of them was sync killed by an ascendent that I was repeatedly rocketing in the orb but didn't break animation! We lost because time ran out and the last ascendant was a sliver of health away from death before his shield came back up. What kind of BS is Kett made of? But in all seriousness Reapers on Gold were easier than Kett is on Gold, hands down. From launch they were both hard but the Kett just have a monopoly in the buggy, insta-kill industry. Overally I think our team did rather well, but they must be stopped!!!

Repeatedly.

You really should be using a couple of things to help on them. I highly recommend someone with annihilation field with the level 6 CC evolution. Besides that the two best ways to beat gold are melee (great raw dps, and either of the annihilation field classes are good at it) or one of the good sniper rifles (Widow, Black WIdow, Isharay, Vanquisher) as they can pop Ascendent orbs really easily. Special shoutout to Backlash, which can, if you're good, reflect the big rear end Ascendant orb back on his face. Soldiers with a Revenant and a turbocharge build ain't bad either.

//edit

Also, just accept that you're going to be blowing Cobras on round 6. You need at least 2 to take out an Ascendent, probably 3 because some jackass wraith will jump in front of one of them. You shouldn't need them until then, but you will there. Round 7 is mostly just kiting fiends and ascendants around the back of the map, just like herding banshees.

Alternatively, there's literally no reason to not pick Outlaw or Remnant instead of doing it random, so unless it's a strike team mission, just don't fight them until there's a balance pass.

Relentless fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 22, 2017

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
Was gonna say, I've never beaten the kett on gold cos there's no reason to do so :v:

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I've beaten them on gold, but never when its Assassination wave 6. Everything else is doable.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
played two gold rounds vs kett, first one I crashed during wave 5, second we won but we got devices for wave 6 and had two good infiltrators so that one was pretty free, just had to kite for ages

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Relentless posted:

Repeatedly.

You really should be using a couple of things to help on them. I highly recommend someone with annihilation field with the level 6 CC evolution. Besides that the two best ways to beat gold are melee (great raw dps, and either of the annihilation field classes are good at it) or one of the good sniper rifles (Widow, Black WIdow, Isharay, Vanquisher) as they can pop Ascendent orbs really easily. Special shoutout to Backlash, which can, if you're good, reflect the big rear end Ascendant orb back on his face. Soldiers with a Revenant and a turbocharge build ain't bad either.

//edit

Also, just accept that you're going to be blowing Cobras on round 6. You need at least 2 to take out an Ascendent, probably 3 because some jackass wraith will jump in front of one of them. You shouldn't need them until then, but you will there. Round 7 is mostly just kiting fiends and ascendants around the back of the map, just like herding banshees.

Alternatively, there's literally no reason to not pick Outlaw or Remnant instead of doing it random, so unless it's a strike team mission, just don't fight them until there's a balance pass.

I believe we had all of those elements in our team. One was running an Asari Adept, another was running an infiltrator, I was running another infiltrator with a Lanat with double ammo, and I believe we had one pubby running a human sentinel. The pub was competent too it was just the assassination round 6 that really did it in for us.

Yea I understand there really isn't any reason not to do Outlaw or Remnant for the credits on gold but I just want to be able to beat them so that when either a strike mission demands it or a pubby forgets to change the mission settings from random enemy gold.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Zakmonster posted:

I've beaten them on gold, but never when its Assassination wave 6. Everything else is doable.

You can do it, but it's entirely based on Cobra spam.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
I'm not sure if its lag or what, but Cobras don't seem to work on Ascendants at all. It'll take down the orb and drop his shield, sure, but the follow-up Cobra won't do poo poo.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Zakmonster posted:

I'm not sure if its lag or what, but Cobras don't seem to work on Ascendants at all. It'll take down the orb and drop his shield, sure, but the follow-up Cobra won't do poo poo.

I usually have to drop 2 at his feet. The first seems to explode early for no goddamn reason.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
HuSent is arguably super boring but is one of the best all-around classes that you can easily max out (others in this tier would be HuVan, AsAdept, Infiltrators)

With max Tech Armor and max Energy Drain you have to be really sloppy to get killed, which already makes you an huge asset on Gold. As I've said many times before, the best skill to learn on Gold is "don't die".

Maxed Throw will make your detonations do great damage and the additional Force you'll get on the way also does a good job of catapulting enemies off the map even if you're not trying to do that (especially if they get caught in a Detonation).

Usually I throw a Talon or both Vanquisher and Equalizer on her and go to town. Just run around the map looking for things to explode or shoot. It's boring-ish compared to some classes but in this game nothing that gets a ton of DR, Energy Drain and Throw could possibly be "the worst class".

And I haven't even tried a Barricade build yet, I just leave 1 point in it for now. Barricade will block doors in objective waves or just generally save you a Revive pack if you're caught out in the open.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My first premium pack snagged me the angaran avenger and the krogan gladiator. I'm guessing for the gladiator leave pull at 1 and max nova and annihilation field and the avenger do what I want with the strike and grid then throw the points around wherever since god knows I won't get level 10 on either class?

Also I'm glad that while not the best weapon around the Phalanx is still perfectly serviceable and a bit stronger than in ME3. It was my go-to weapon for vanguards since I didn't really like the disciple that much.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010
Max out Annihilation and then Rage. And then put points into Offensive Biotics and Pull. You're aiming for the defense debuff evolutions for both skills.

There's a hidden interaction with Pull and melee. Things you're grabbing will take extra damage when you melee them. Things in a certain radius in front of the thing you're grabbing will also take this extra damage. This will allow you to do things like 1-shot Nullifiers and 2-shot Hydras.

Nova I only use for the i-frames.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh sweet, didn't know that with pull. Thanks for the advice on it!

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

HuSent is arguably super boring but is one of the best all-around classes that you can easily max out (others in this tier would be HuVan, AsAdept, Infiltrators)

With max Tech Armor and max Energy Drain you have to be really sloppy to get killed, which already makes you an huge asset on Gold. As I've said many times before, the best skill to learn on Gold is "don't die".

Maxed Throw will make your detonations do great damage and the additional Force you'll get on the way also does a good job of catapulting enemies off the map even if you're not trying to do that (especially if they get caught in a Detonation).

Usually I throw a Talon or both Vanquisher and Equalizer on her and go to town. Just run around the map looking for things to explode or shoot. It's boring-ish compared to some classes but in this game nothing that gets a ton of DR, Energy Drain and Throw could possibly be "the worst class".

And I haven't even tried a Barricade build yet, I just leave 1 point in it for now. Barricade will block doors in objective waves or just generally save you a Revive pack if you're caught out in the open.

This is exactly what I do. I figure max everything else out leaving one point in barricade for now until I unlock her to 10 and just use it for last resort seeing as it still helps regen your shields. But I've been wondering about using the AsSent as I have her at 2 but my HuSent at 6. Should I switch or is there no difference?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think Asari Sentinel trades some tankiness for higher damage with their passive, and Backlash is great even with 1 point in it though I'd take it up a few points if you want to use it reliably on Gold because sometimes something will break your Aegis, take out all your shields, and also all your health all at once. Though that may be somewhat of a lag thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Teleporting lag fiends can suck my dong

• Locked thread