Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Look bro, I was at work and now your friend list is apparently full? ;p

I cleared out all the scrubs, I'm down to like 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Elza was a pretty good friend unit for a while because her LB fill skill was useful for getting the "use LB X times" lapis. Now that 1/2 the 6*s have turbo LB fills, not so much.

I enjoy being able to blow 13 NRG a shot on Floating Continent rather than the 6 NRG I was using for Egg Seekers, doesn't seem like such a chore.

Anything useful/worth selling I can make with leftover Egg mats? Made what I wanted and dropped the 800 rainbows for the Crysts and still have some left.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Just for the heck of it I downloaded Brave Frontier to see what Gumi's other game was like. I must say that they made huge strides with FFBE in basically every way.

Gumi's also working on Brave Frontier 2 and I'm curious to see if it builds upon the FFBE system or if they stick to something more simplistic like BF's.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Well, some of us with Elza didn't draw Olive, so Ravaging Blow is still the best def/spr debuff we can get. I still usually leave mine up since my Lightning and Noctis are pretty subpar without TMs, but I figure everyone can use 2x damage from Elza.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

KDdidit posted:

Elza was a pretty good friend unit for a while because her LB fill skill was useful for getting the "use LB X times" lapis. Now that 1/2 the 6*s have turbo LB fills, not so much.

I enjoy being able to blow 13 NRG a shot on Floating Continent rather than the 6 NRG I was using for Egg Seekers, doesn't seem like such a chore.

Anything useful/worth selling I can make with leftover Egg mats? Made what I wanted and dropped the 800 rainbows for the Crysts and still have some left.

There's always crafting eggs to hit the crafting equipment trophies if you haven't got it already

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
So I did a ticket pull figuring "why not"

Pulled Kefka #w, which isn't terrible because TMR and all.

I run a squad of Kefka Kefka Terra Exdeath Ariana (yea yea) and a friend Kefka. I wanted to make it as base as possible.

The loving boost isn't any better.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

They really need to make it so awakening your bonus units increases their bonus to some degree.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

WebDO posted:

They really need to make it so awakening your bonus units increases their bonus to some degree.

The bonus being determined by the current star of your bonus characters would be such a huge improvement.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

The bonus being determined by the current star of your bonus characters would be such a huge improvement.

Would that be a net gain in currency though? Like, you'd have to spend all the limited awakening materials on awakening those lovely bonus units and you're left with the 560 currency materials if you want to stock up.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Knowing Gumi they'd monkey paw it and a 3* base character would start at 25% bonus and work their way up to 50% awakened to 5*.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Maybe they could put in a cumulative bonus like the arena win streak gives you. Or just make every event like egg seekers and put awakening materials in the gacha.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Would that be a net gain in currency though? Like, you'd have to spend all the limited awakening materials on awakening those lovely bonus units and you're left with the 560 currency materials if you want to stock up.

3->4 and 4->5 don't cost limited anything. And if they went to 60-65% and 85-90% it would be a decent boost. Plus, you know, encourage you to level up and try out the event units.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

WebDO posted:

3->4 and 4->5 don't cost limited anything. And if they went to 60-65% and 85-90% it would be a decent boost. Plus, you know, encourage you to level up and try out the event units.

4->5 costs sacred crystal, which loving suck.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

My attack is roughly around 400 for both Luneth and Elza because I am a scrub and can't get my attack higher for some reason. I have been leadering Luneth since he hits harder but given that their attack is so low compared to all of you would it be better to leader up Elza? It probably doesn't matter to you guys since your units are vastly better but I have some scrubby friends too so for their sake would a harder hitting Luneth be more useful to the than Elza? I have the weapon that gives her two attacks so they both have that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

4->5 costs sacred crystal, which loving suck.

Oh god, that's way worse than the 6* awakening mats and I didn't even consider that. :barf:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I don't understand the friend list system at all. One run, I see like 6 Trance Terras available as friend units, I choose one, clear the stage, queue it up again and there's no Trance Terras this time.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
There's a set limit to how many show up at one time, and once you run a stage it "reshuffles" the list until you've managed to go through all of your available friend units.

Generally if you're trying to go for one specific unit and know you have some available, run an Earth Shrine to reset it.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Not to push anyone to make any bad decisions but Setzer owns bones and is quickly becoming my favorite character. I had enough mats and cactaurs to max out 2 of the 3 I pulled and they can carry a group through ELT and 3 round the boss and that's with pretty minimal gear. The third is still 4* at lvl 40 but he has Dice so he can still drop the occasional 77777x2 bomb. He also owns in arena and can be built for maximum survivability and still hit for 999x2 most of the time with double dice or hitting everyone with status ailments which also hits for max damage twice. He definitely needs a dual wield of some sort though.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Apr 22, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

hamsystem posted:

Not to push anyone to make any bad decisions but Setzer owns bones and is quickly becoming my favorite character. I had enough mats and cactaurs to max out 2 of the 3 I pulled and they can carry a group through ELT and 2 round the boss and that's with pretty minimal gear. The third is still 4* at lvl 40 but he has Dice so he can still drop the occasional 77777x2 bomb. He also owns in arena and can be built for maximum survivability and still hit for 999x2 most of the time with double dice or hitting everyone with status ailments which also hits for max damage twice. He definitely needs a dual wield of some sort though.

I hope I pull a second one because he's the new version of the chainsaw meta with an easier timing and can hit 6*100.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

hamsystem posted:

Not to push anyone to make any bad decisions but Setzer owns bones and is quickly becoming my favorite character. I had enough mats and cactaurs to max out 2 of the 3 I pulled and they can carry a group through ELT and 3 round the boss and that's with pretty minimal gear. The third is still 4* at lvl 40 but he has Dice so he can still drop the occasional 77777x2 bomb. He also owns in arena and can be built for maximum survivability and still hit for 999x2 most of the time with double dice or hitting everyone with status ailments which also hits for max damage twice. He definitely needs a dual wield of some sort though.

And also his victory animation owns.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Setzer is great, but I struggle to use him properly. I don't see a spot for him on my A team, that's going to stay Refia, Cecil, Olive, Cid, and Luneth for the time being.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Setzer is great, but I struggle to use him properly. I don't see a spot for him on my A team, that's going to stay Refia, Cecil, Olive, Cid, and Luneth for the time being.

2 of them chaining Red Card, or just hope you get lucky with Double Dice. His status effect attack might be useful.

He's still pretty niche but having another easy chainer with good stats is nice.

I would say he's the best character a new player could pull in terms of being able to clear story content, double dice will last you a long time into the game and he gets it really early.

finally saw a single Gold Bomb after 25 runs. Ugh.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I mean yeah he's not the end-all-be-all, but his skill set makes him fun to use.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Just had to sit through a setzer's gamble attack doing like 14 attacks in arena, so theres that. like CoD's Barrage with dual wield but a chance to be even meaner. he killed two of my guys.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
OK

Refia is 6* maxed.

Gilgamesh is in my sights officially instead of half-baked attempts to craft up a dream team from a few weeks ago. I got some questions. I am considering the Rain dual weild and seal 4 in one shot deal, but if I have say SNOW and he has Sonic Knuckles and does Aquastrike...does that count as the same idea as Lava Floor? Also, a weapon like thunder spear DOES NOT work, confirm? Maybe I can use it with Bartz Gale Barrage attack to proc?

Snow - Sonic Knuckles (Air), Water Strike, draw attacks dummy, considering First Strike materia for counter procs, esper to be determined
Cloud - Durandal (Light), Lava Floor (Earth and Fire), esper to be determined
Bartz - primary mana battery, Thunder Blade, Golem Staff, Gale Barrage esper to be determined
Cecil - Spare Curaga, some fire blade? cover helper + black belt to counter, Limit Burst, Golem summoner
Refia - Full Life, Curaga focused, magic break from Shiva, NO dualcast

I have considered Ysholta due to her having dual cast and she has innate refresh. Presence of Mind + Raise + Curaga doesn't take much mana, and if I am able to have Cecil combine his curaga she may be a little more versatile, but I am hoping to spark a little debate on that.

What am I missing? What do I need to retool? Am I overlapping too much?

Edit:I'm already rethinking this and bouncing snow for Ysholta and play dialing healers

hagie fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Apr 22, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

AegisP posted:

There's a set limit to how many show up at one time, and once you run a stage it "reshuffles" the list until you've managed to go through all of your available friend units.

Generally if you're trying to go for one specific unit and know you have some available, run an Earth Shrine to reset it.

Closing the app and then restarting it can also work.

hamsystem posted:

Can Brian easily chain with Orlandeu?

Cartoon Man posted:

My team (Arena, and general purpose content clearing) is Lightning, Cecil, Ling, Y'shtola, and Dark Fina. I'm wondering if I should switch Lightning out for Trance Terra.

I've barely touched Orlandeu, I'm not sure what chains well with him, I've been debuffing/AOE-ing my way to victory so far.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Mischalaniouse posted:

I don't understand the friend list system at all. One run, I see like 6 Trance Terras available as friend units, I choose one, clear the stage, queue it up again and there's no Trance Terras this time.

It picks available friends at random and they don't have any sort of BFF system like PAD because if it did we'd all pick our biggest whalefriend and only ever use them people wouldn't feel nearly as inclined to expand their friend slots if they haven't maxxed out yet.

Cartoon Man posted:

You have Cid, so yeah you aren't going to need Setzer because Cid's a far better chain/damage unit while Olive's queen of the finishers.

Setzer's biggest use is pulling off a 77777 fixed damage against high def targets during a maxxed chain and having killer passives so that suddenly you hit Gilgamesh for a million damage or w/e.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I've barely touched Orlandeu, I'm not sure what chains well with him

A second Orlandu.

Fire both their Divine Ruination at the same time (tap using 2 fingers if need be) and the result will be a single 28-hit chain that spends most of its time at the chain damage cap if they're both wielding an Excalibur (or Durandal from the FFT event). That in and of itself is a metric shitload of damage. You also have a fairly large window for finishers to land in for maximum damage too as a result. Orlandu makes Lightning look like a joke.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Good lord you get poo poo amount of Fish for this event

also I still have no idea of the point with the egg seekers. Like, if I dont care about any of the equipment, what do I do with this event?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Shoenin posted:

Like, if I dont care about any of the equipment, what do I do with this event?

Rainbow eggs for awakening mats.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I think I got well over 1000 megacites from the egg summons. How many future espers will that let me instantly max out?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Skyridge posted:

I think I got well over 1000 megacites from the egg summons. How many future espers will that let me instantly max out?

Depends on if/when we get third tiers for espers.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
WTF, got my first rainbow off the daily pull and...

Holy poo poo.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostnuke posted:

Thanks dudes! I sent out a bunch of requests.

I think you just got my last friend slot :v:

dangerous.hotdog posted:

WTF, got my first rainbow off the daily pull and...

Holy poo poo.

Niiiiiiiiiiice.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Daily pull!

Too bad I threw away 50+ of her TMR moogle but whatever I'll take it. I finally have a 5 star DD! Just gotta figure out how to equip her!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

^^^^Nice

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/66txe3/firion_the_pro_soloer_for_f2p_players_no_tmr/

This guy shows you how to solo Pro with just a Firion and F2P scrub gear.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Since the egg event is still up is there a way to still get eggs?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

rio posted:

Since the egg event is still up is there a way to still get eggs?

Sadly no, but if you them you can still pull off that banner.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

hagie posted:

What am I missing? What do I need to retool? Am I overlapping too much?

The only real issue I see with team comp is that you lack a big damage dealer (read 5* base), but you can get around that with a whale friend. If you're making Rain a quad breaker, make sure that he is geared for survival as much as possible, an have backup ways to break fire and light with either your friend unit or yours - they are by far Greg's most threatening skills.

I've brought it up a couple times ITT, but I feel it merits rementioning - Mirage Robe's skill can dodge all of Greg's attacks except light and his IK. This includes the regular attack portion of Bushido Freedom. I highly recommend putting one on your healer(s) or anyone else that can't survive it. Just apply it the turn you push past each threshold.

Also keep in mind that Greg becomes considerably stronger after 50%, so if you're just able to deal with him sometimes it comes down to luck. Don't get discouraged!

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Finally have a good bonus unit to contribute to this event. Cleared out a bunch of friend slots, so feel free to add me. Setzer can solo PRO and can clear ELT with a friend's beefy Setzer or Trance Terra for maximum bonus fish. And after this screen shot I just threw on an Air Knife, so at least one of his weapons has some elemental damage, but his attack will be a little lower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

CyberLord XP posted:

Daily pull!

Too bad I threw away 50+ of her TMR moogle but whatever I'll take it. I finally have a 5 star DD! Just gotta figure out how to equip her!

All of her attacks are hybrid so either gear her for MAG or ATK. MAG is the better way to go if you have the gear/TMs to support it (Letters and Arms x4).

• Locked thread