Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm so used to the joycons now that the pro controller sticks will probably feel weird to me when I finally get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TerraGoetia posted:

Most of the games that I own on Switch are digital. This isn't even intentional. I keep going to game stores to buy cartridges, but there's none! NONE!

Amazon always has games and does release day shipping. They also give you a discount for pre-ordering.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The best racing game is still Excitebike

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

chaleski posted:

Excitebike was pretty dope when it was new and the level editor and all on the dang NES wow!

The sound effects still get all in my head.

That was indeed a great game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

HyperPuma posted:

i wouldnt worry about it

:smith:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

chaleski posted:

It was the Hunter mode in Midtown Madness 3 but one of the battle modes in the MK8D sounds like this mode so it might be MK8D.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

What's the difference between analog and digital triggers?

Dogital: Am I pressing it? Options: No/Yes
Analog: Am I pressing it? Options: No/A bit/Sort of/Somewhat/Mostly/Pretty much/Yes.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iajanus posted:

I honestly cannot believe nobody mentioned the greatest racing game of all time, Unirally.

We did. Uniracers

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

chaleski posted:

That's a weird way to type 18-Wheeler American Pro-Trucker.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

katkillad2 posted:

This happened to me with the Snipperclips demo... I would literally sell my joycons and just use the pro controller, but the fact that things like that happen and I couldn't even use the pro controller to go through the system setup means it's probably a really bad idea not knowing if any future system updates are going to make me use the joycons. I'm literally never going to use the joycons except in these really dumb situations.
It's really freaking weird to me how eager and willing some people are to just completely disregard one of the most impressive and convenient aspects of the entire system, its portability.

I rarely even leave the house with it, but probably 60% of my playtime on the Switch is in handheld mode simply cause it's more convenient.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

It's really freaking weird to me how eager and willing some people are to just completely disregard one of the most impressive and convenient aspects of the entire system, it's portability.

I rarely even leave the house with it, but probably 60% of my playtime on the Switch is in handheld mode simply cause it's more convenient.

You just poo poo more than us hth

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Anyone who doesn't have Rock 'n Roll Racing in their top 10 isn't a person whose opinion matters about anything. Ever. :colbert:

There's also an inexcusable amount of neglect for Road Rash in these list.

bkerlee posted:

Loook at all you bastards forgetting Rock and Roll Racing.

:hfive:

The stage is set the green flag drops
*Paranoid blares in the background*

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Pro controller is a hundred dollar controller for 70 dollars

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm using the Pro Controller RIGHT NOW to play some Zelda on my big TV.

Feels pretty good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm using the Pro Controller RIGHT NOW to play some Zelda on my big TV.

Feels pretty good.

Is your TV 4k but you don't care about resolution?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I think I'll use my weekend game time to play Has Been Heroes and wish that Binding of Isaac was out over here.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Loading a game in a shrine and having it reset the whole shrine and put you back at the entrance is indefensible and easily the thing I hate the most in BotW (just disable saving inside of shrines if you're going to do this for gently caress's sake). Run out of arrows doing some torch lighting bullshit near the end? Start from the beginning with no save-as-you-go convenience for you, you fucker. Also you better have a save from when you first entered since your newer save will reset your progress and keep your item use for an extra helping of gently caress You.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Loading a game in a shrine and having it reset the whole shrine and put you back at the entrance is indefensible and easily the thing I hate the most in BotW (just disable saving inside of shrines if you're going to do this for gently caress's sake). Run out of arrows doing some torch lighting bullshit near the end? Start from the beginning with no save-as-you-go convenience for you, you fucker. Also you better have a save from when you first entered since your newer save will reset your progress and keep your item use for an extra helping of gently caress You.

Buy all packs of normal arrows.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Norns posted:

Is your TV 4k but you don't care about resolution?

:yeah:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bill Barber posted:

It's really freaking weird to me how eager and willing some people are to just completely disregard one of the most impressive and convenient aspects of the entire system, its portability.

It's crazy to think that people use the console differently because you find one way more convenient, brb changing up my Switch playing methods.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Buy all packs of normal arrows.

It's really easy to burn through 100+ arrows if you aren't constantly teleporting to stables or other areas with NPCs that sell them.

It also doesn't change the fact that letting you save mid-shrine but forcing a progress reset anyways is loving bullshit.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I don't think I used a manual save at all in Zelda, what are you doing?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

They seem to be getting really angry about something self induced

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I was very happy to find I could turn on the Switch while holding the home button on the controller.

Now I just use the pro controller to play the Switch while its docked and hooked up to my PC monitor. It's much closer and nicer looking than the TV.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I can't wait for a portable dock solution so I can throw the Switch on the conference room tv and play mario kart at lunch with co-workers.

Actually I may just bring the dock with me and do that anyways.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Have Nintendo given any indication at all as to why there still aren't Virtual Console games available, seven weeks after release? I can understand if they need to work on the netcode for online play or whatever, but surely they could poo poo out a port of Zelda 1 or Super Mario World in the meantime. Nintendo, if you give me a way to buy Metroid Zero Mission again, I will do it. It doesn't have to be a 100% accurate emulation.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I need to PLAY super MARIO. World.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Rallisport challenge was best

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'm so used to the joycons now that the pro controller sticks will probably feel weird to me when I finally get one.

I really like using two joy cons without the connector. I feel like it's much easier on my wrists since I can hold them in any position I want and still play.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
i tried to use the jocons separate but it hosed up the gyro aiming in zelda. havent really tried it again since then so maybe it was just a coincidence?

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

HyperPuma posted:

i tried to use the jocons separate but it hosed up the gyro aiming in zelda. havent really tried it again since then so maybe it was just a coincidence?

I turned off gyro aiming in the settings, so that could be a deal breaker if you love that feature.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Scratch-O posted:

Have Nintendo given any indication at all as to why there still aren't Virtual Console games available, seven weeks after release? I can understand if they need to work on the netcode for online play or whatever, but surely they could poo poo out a port of Zelda 1 or Super Mario World in the meantime. Nintendo, if you give me a way to buy Metroid Zero Mission again, I will do it. It doesn't have to be a 100% accurate emulation.

Probably E3. I'd like to think they're being mum on it due to it being vastly improved in some way but Nintendo.:shrug:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

HyperPuma posted:

If the gyro is being weird you can reset it by putting the right joycon on a flat surface for a few seconds.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's really easy to burn through 100+ arrows if you aren't constantly teleporting to stables or other areas with NPCs that sell them.

It also doesn't change the fact that letting you save mid-shrine but forcing a progress reset anyways is loving bullshit.

Where the gently caress are you using a hundred arrows?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
all the people burning through arrows that fast are the same people im going to destroy in splatoon 2

Wendell
May 11, 2003

ghostwritingduck posted:

I turned off gyro aiming in the settings

Oh my God.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Blazing Zero posted:

all the people burning through arrows that fast are the same people im going to destroy in splatoon 2

Early weeks of Splatoon 2 are going to be hilarious. People that played 1 are going to wreck people that didn't.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All u nerds linking ur racing lists and not mentioning the greatest LAN party racing game of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkAnu1wz1jk

8 player Cops & Robbers for hours and hours :allears:

The original NFS2 Hot Pursuit was also the bees knees

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Infinitum posted:

All u nerds linking ur racing lists and not mentioning the greatest LAN party racing game of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkAnu1wz1jk

8 player Cops & Robbers for hours and hours :allears:

The original NFS2 Hot Pursuit was also the bees knees

You missed my post about the sequel. The original good Xbox Live title.

Spacebump posted:

It was the Hunter mode in Midtown Madness 3 but one of the battle modes in the MK8D sounds like this mode so it might be MK8D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pro controller chat: it's the best controller I've ever used and worth every cent I paid for it

• Locked thread