Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Davros1 posted:

I love the shots where you think he's going to do the cutter on one of wrestlers, but nope, it's just on some random guy in the back.

And his Cutter and the cameraman, and lying down next to him to give the Diamond sign to the camera is greater than anything Orton's ever done.

edit: and his racing away from the arena, only to stop the car to Cutter someone truly is the greatest night in the history of the sport!

My favorite is the one where he's down and pops up and you expect him to give it to his opponent walking towards him but nope, gives it to the ref. loving genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

FunMerrania posted:

My favorite is the one where he's down and pops up and you expect him to give it to his opponent walking towards him but nope, gives it to the ref. loving genius.

Or his little aborted attempt to hit the Cutter on Douglas before he was called out, then the "Oh, nothing..."

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Great Kanyon moment is when he and Shane Douglas are about to be in a tag match and they cut a promo where they disagree over who is going to get the win with which finisher. Shane storms off at the end and Kanyon looks all sneaky with his hands prepared for a Cutter. Then off-camera you hear, "Don't even think about it, Kanyon!" and Kanyon deflates.

Edit: Beaten

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gavok posted:

Great Kanyon moment is when he and Shane Douglas are about to be in a tag match and they cut a promo where they disagree over who is going to get the win with which finisher. Shane storms off at the end and Kanyon looks all sneaky with his hands prepared for a Cutter. Then off-camera you hear, "Don't even think about it, Kanyon!" and Kanyon deflates.

Edit: Beaten

It's okay, I still love you.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
I watch that Kanyon Cutter compilation at least once a month, might be my favorite wrestling video on YouTube

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is what happened to Kanyon the most depressing story of an incredibly talented wrestler's demise where it was through no fault of their own? From what I understand, once he got to WWE, he was bullied for being gay, and then his bipolar disorder(?) eventually got the best of him and he committed suicide after his release.

That segment where he was forced to jump out of a cake in drag, sing, then get the poo poo kicked out of him by the Undertaker is loving disgusting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was released 6 years before his death.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Aphrodite posted:

He was released 6 years before his death.

I thought there was less time between his release and suicide, my mistake. But at at the same time, with how much he seemed to enjoy the business, I'm sure that had at least something to do with his ultimate decision.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Is what happened to Kanyon the most depressing story of an incredibly talented wrestler's demise where it was through no fault of their own? From what I understand, once he got to WWE, he was bullied for being gay, and then his bipolar disorder(?) eventually got the best of him and he committed suicide after his release.
The fact that there's any competition certainly says something about the business, that's for sure.

For comparison: Rhonda Sing and Larry Sweeney.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

man even when WCW was at its worst they knew how to let wrestlers just have fun and do funny poo poo. nowadays the best you can hope for is Vince McMahon Corporate Brand Approved Funpaste

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
Watching Royal Rumble 92 and uh one of the Bushwackers just licked a kid's face in the audience somewhat forceful looking. I guess my question is, what the gently caress?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
LIcking each others' heads was a thing that they did. I have no idea why.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Halloween Jack posted:

LIcking each others' heads was a thing that they did. I have no idea why.

There's a difference between two stupid ugly sheepfuckers licking one another and either one of them licking a child.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

There's a difference between two stupid ugly sheepfuckers licking one another and either one of them licking a child.

Yeah, you don't know where that kids been!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

remusclaw posted:

Ask Terry Garvin. Or Mel Phillips.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Not really.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

remusclaw posted:

Heenan.txt

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

I agree, but I figure it must have been like getting slapped by Inoki.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MassRafTer posted:

Not really.

I know your thing is to be all "Actually..." but what?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I think he's making a joke about the Bushwhackers being child-like.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
What is the move Dibiase pulls on Bulldog at 1:31:00 at RR 92? It's like a weird suplex.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How do they gimmick the ring for those big "collapse the ring" spots Big Show likes to do?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

It's dudes interacting with their fans in ways the fans loving love, what makes it weird? They weren't sexually aroused by doing it.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

astrollinthepork posted:

What is the move Dibiase pulls on Bulldog at 1:31:00 at RR 92? It's like a weird suplex.
Just a gutwrench suplex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9XTNLW8Ajg

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!
So Angle is back as raw gm, my question is: How long will it take for him to be in the ring again and who with?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Well, the glue holding his various body parts together has to set.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MassRafTer posted:

It's dudes interacting with their fans in ways the fans loving love, what makes it weird? They weren't sexually aroused by doing it.

You can't see the difference between a man high-fiving a child and licking their face? Seriously?

I mean, if the parents are okay with it after the fact, fine. But why would you take that chance?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah it's the kind of thing nobody would (or should) do nowadays but it absolutely was not a sexual thing and fans loved it.

If you're watching it now for the first time (as the guy who originally brought it up did) then it's completely understandable you'd go :wtc: but it's just a sign of how different things were back then. The Bushwhackers were considered fun, family entertainment and a great draw for kids.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

ColeM posted:

So Angle is back as raw gm, my question is: How long will it take for him to be in the ring again and who with?

Angle has said he hopes to pass the WWE physicals sometime this winter.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He will celebrate this by moonsaulting off of the roof of Quicken Loans Arena

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

You can't see the difference between a man high-fiving a child and licking their face? Seriously?

I mean, if the parents are okay with it after the fact, fine. But why would you take that chance?

Did you watch wrestling back then? In its context it comes off as so normal, and it was during the peak of a child sexual abuse panic too.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

MassRafTer posted:

Did you watch wrestling back then? In its context it comes off as so normal, and it was during the peak of a child sexual abuse panic too.

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Yes, I watched wrestling back then. And I'm not saying it was sexual. But it's still a grown man licking the face of a child, not shaking their hand or patting them on the back. My point is, why would you take that chance in the first place? What happens if a parent took offense to it and punched Butch in the face? Would people run out and say "Hey, this is all in the context of wrestling, stop spoiling the show for everyone else!"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that kid clearly had the coolest story to tell his friends when he went back to school the next monday

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'd be honored to have my child licked by the Bushwackers, or any other wrestler except the ones with hepatitis

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
if one of the bushwackers licked me and then did a shoot move on my dad at the royal rumble it would probably go down as one of the 3 or 4 greatest days of my life

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
they didnt do sex stuff to kids its right in their name 'bushwhackers' come on

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
gently caress it, everyone grab a kid and lick 'em

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

gently caress it, everyone grab a kid and lick 'em

everyones gimmick isnt licking people it would not work for anyone but the bushwhackers and theyd be facing jail time or a very serious fine

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
also is someones parent punched a bushwhacker im pretty sure luke or butch would just beat the hell out of the parent too and then that kid would legally become the bushwhackers child so thered be no issue either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Are you being deliberately obtuse? Yes, I watched wrestling back then. And I'm not saying it was sexual. But it's still a grown man licking the face of a child, not shaking their hand or patting them on the back. My point is, why would you take that chance in the first place? What happens if a parent took offense to it and punched Butch in the face? Would people run out and say "Hey, this is all in the context of wrestling, stop spoiling the show for everyone else!"

It would own so much when he flashed back to the Sheepherders days and carved that dad up. People on twitter are saying that maybe it is in fact kind of weird so maybe it is. I just remember kids from that era being loving thrilled if stuff like that would happen.