Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
A cel of Bagheera or Shere Khan from TJB or King Richard from RH, or if it counts a... I dunno what they're called, production drawing? of what I described above from TLK

A Disney big cat would be my answer, yes

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
This is actually a bargain Disney cel on eBay right now, and a rare as gently caress one even for a sought character.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
*searches*

That's a bargain? :shepface:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

*searches*

That's a bargain? :shepface:

Absolutely?

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

I'm watching my new bluray of Robin Hood :) Gosh the pencil lines are so crisp in this restoration!
Funny, I thought the Robin Hood Blu-Ray transfer was notoriously lousy, alongside the rather bad Sword in the Stone transfer?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Something of the Nightmare King from Little Nemo in Slumberland.

This image quality is terrible but just to illustrate:

The movie doesn't really give him space to breathe before it turns him into a joke, but he looks great.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Btw everyone should make this their browser homepage for the rest of time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fictional_big_cats_in_animation

Shadow Hog posted:

Funny, I thought the Robin Hood Blu-Ray transfer was notoriously lousy, alongside the rather bad Sword in the Stone transfer?

Well maybe. I don't read up on these things. The pencil lines just look really clear to me

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Gonna go out on a limb here for cels rich in vibrant WANT.

1st Pick: Secret of Nimh
2nd Pick: Hercules (hades especially)
3rd Pick: Rock and Rule (not a troll)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I would give a kidney for a Princess Mononoke animation cel. Maybe San during her attack on Iron Town? Or just Ashitaka on Yakul, it's classic. Or... maybe something from The Last Unicorn? The Unicorns breaking free from the cresting waves. Or facing down the Red Bull. Goddamn there's so much and it's all beautiful.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

I mean obviously I'd also jump all over something from The Last Unicorn, or Adolescence of Utena, or EoE, but so would a bazillion other people, I'm sure. :v:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

LeJackal posted:

3rd Pick: Rock and Rule (not a troll)

Seriously, the exact moment where the two main characters look at each other during "Let Love Through" would be on my list too

edit: Send

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Something of the Nightmare King from Little Nemo in Slumberland.

This image quality is terrible but just to illustrate:

The movie doesn't really give him space to breathe before it turns him into a joke, but he looks great.

Here's a cel of the Nightmare King for fifteen goddamn dollars.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mean obviously I'd also jump all over something from The Last Unicorn, or Adolescence of Utena, or EoE, but so would a bazillion other people, I'm sure. :v:

poo poo I forgot Utena

But this IS the 'dream cel'

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Pick posted:

Here's a cel of the Nightmare King for fifteen goddamn dollars.

Thanks for the heads up. I shouldn't be making stupid impulse purchases right now but my walls are really bare and I'm pretty sure that's even cheaper than the stupid poster sales they have on campus, so why not? :v:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Thanks for the heads up. I shouldn't be making stupid impulse purchases right now but my walls are really bare and I'm pretty sure that's even cheaper than the stupid poster sales they have on campus, so why not? :v:

It's fifteen dollars and it's the last one. I bought the good Nightmare King cel ages ago so this is your chance.

For the record, for some reason now is a prime cel-buying time. There's a high-quality Kimba (Kimba) for $100, a bunch of Emperor of Nights for $15 (from a lovely movie but that's a cool rear end villain design), more Last Unicorn cels than in the last cumulative ten years, just a bunch of stuff people would have given their eye teeth for. There's still a Hexxus cel up, which was a ridiculous manhunt for a lot of collectors for loving ages.

One of my goals is also a cel from Felidae. Fuckin someday. Jesus.

This cel is even up right now. It's Totoro. It's Totoro's face. I can't express how shocking it is this is currently for sale.

Pick fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 22, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Here's a terrible iphone image of one of my dream cels which after 15 or so years (:shepicide:) I finally got:

Someone had to ditch it fast too so I got a good deal.

I've got a production sketch of the Unicorn I'd be willing to let go for like half what I paid for it once I can find it again, if anyone might be interested they should pm me.

Pick fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 22, 2017

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Todd protecting Copper in the water looking up at the hunter after the bear fight in Fox & the Hound

Because it's my favourite animated scene ever

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
get me a cell of chernobog

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Bring me that Maleficent dragon! :black101:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Bring me that Maleficent dragon! :black101:

If you are a good person in this life, you can own the original Evlyn Earle concept art painting of Maleficent as a dragon for $14,000, on eBay, in your next life. But it ends in like a week so I might get on that.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

DoctorWhat posted:

get me a cell of chernobog

Here you go.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Pick posted:

If you are a good person in this life, you can own the original Evlyn Earle concept art painting of Maleficent as a dragon for $14,000, on eBay, in your next life. But it ends in like a week so I might get on that.

just print this higher res image out on some nice paper, frame it and save yourself the 14k.

I love this picture, by the way. If only there were a larger, more clear size.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Decided to test out these 3D glasses I got for my new TV with a rewatch of Zootopia, but this time in 3D. That film is still a joy to watch, especially when the second act, where Nick and Judy finally form their tenuous alliance, kicks into gear. The 3D isn't half bad, either; you can really feel it during the crowd scenes, and it kinda feels like there's a very subtle difference in the reflection of light off fur between each eye that I find rather fascinating - even if it made Judy's fur feel kinda weird for a few minutes early on (I dunno, the texture didn't quite look as soft as I remembered it being).

Well, okay, technically I tested it on YouTube videos of Virtual Boy Wario Land first, but still!

Other than that, sold off the DVDs of Alice in Wonderland (the not-Depp one) and The BFG to a Walmart (since I noticed their stickers on the shrinkwrap). Would've traded them up for Blu-rays of the same films then-and-there, had they any in stock; took store credit instead and rebought their Blu-Ray variants from Walmart's website. Also bought Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company and a Rescuers 2-pack, even though, between the four films listed here, I only have clear memories of Oliver. So that'll be fun!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Shadow Hog posted:

Also bought Great Mouse Detective, Oliver and Company and a Rescuers 2-pack, even though, between the four films listed here, I only have clear memories of Oliver. So that'll be fun!

Movie night! I wanna come over :kiddo:

edit: I feel like some Bluth tonight so I might finally watch Secret of Nimh (I bought the DVD 7 or 8 years ago and have never watched it!)

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

No joke, I'd probably love to have a cel from Samurai Jack hanging around.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Nimh is off to a good start. I like Jeremy. He is a good bird!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Okay new favourite character: Justin, the captain of the guard

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Pick posted:

Here's a terrible iphone image of one of my dream cels which after 15 or so years (:shepicide:) I finally got:

Someone had to ditch it fast too so I got a good deal.

I've got a production sketch of the Unicorn I'd be willing to let go for like half what I paid for it once I can find it again, if anyone might be interested they should pm me.

Alright, I'll be the one who asks. What is this? I think I see unicorns dancing?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pick posted:

What's everybody's dream cel? What's the cel that's out there you dream of owning? Anybody? (Assuming you can't resell it for cash money)

Anything Robin from Robin Hood.

Or if I ever have a kid, anything from Watership Down so I can hang it over their crib and scar them for life.

When I was with my ex we had a few cels. I'm struggling to remember what, now, though. I'm fairly certain we had something of Mrs. Brisby from NIMH and then like three others we paid a lot of money for but obviously the others weren't memorable enough. While I liked the idea of cels, collecting them was mostly her thing. I'm much more interested in original sketches by artists. If I could get a zootopia sketch from one of the crew I would probably build a wall just to put that up.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 22, 2017

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Watched NIMH tonight as well. Gets a "meh" from me. Probably my favourite bit was when Mrs Bisby had to put the drug in Dragon the cat's food. Her fear and indecision was well done.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Hedrigall posted:

Okay new favourite character: Justin, the captain of the guard

Justin is supremely radical.

Actually, all the cast are.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't necessarily have a dream cel, but ever since the Sonic Twitter shared these, I've super wanted one.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/854028818440347649?lang=en

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Uh oh, they're right I have to quit the internet

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
The Secret of Nimh owns. Great characters, cool color palette, and has that great sword fight at the end.

I really adore everything about the journey into the Rose Bush. The strange colors, the guard with the weird electric halberd, the little rat council. The attention to the little details is a lot of fun.

The stuff with the great Owl is awesome too. That spider gave me the chills as a kid.

Great movie.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If I had unlimited money, I'd want the Beast cels from these:

Or somewhere thereabouts.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Phylodox posted:

If I had unlimited money, I'd want the Beast cels from these:

Or somewhere thereabouts.

My dream Beast cel is one of the ones where he's stomping around in a quadrupedal huff :3:

I'm thinking maybe when he's waiting for Belle to come to dinner?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Fans of The Last Unicorn should be aware that author Peter S Beagle was massively hosed over by his manager (who even tried to get him declared mentally incompetent so he could power of attorney over his affairs) and is currently fighting a huge legal battle to get control of his works back but in the meantime is so poor that he's even struggling to afford groceries. There's links here if you'd like to help.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I wonder if it's possible to get cels from Allegro non troppo.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

IUG posted:

Alright, I'll be the one who asks. What is this? I think I see unicorns dancing?

Again it's hard to take a picture of this poo poo but anyway it's the cel from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The dentist I went to as a kid had a few different dental-themed Looney Tunes cells. Honestly, that's what I'd want most: some classic WB cels from guys like Freleng, Jones, Avery or Clampett

But those probably cost a buttload of money