Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So it's Willy Wonka with Tom and Jerry except Tom And Jerry trade off on Johnny Depp lines while the film follows the Gene Wilder version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately

Wicker Man posted:

Where's the next god drat video?

Red Letter Media posted:

Hey everyone! We're working on a new commentary track. We thought we'd shake things up and do a recent movie! We're also currently editing a new re:View with a special guest (not an April Fools one this time).

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Please let the commentary be Only God Forgives

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Hell yeah, a re:View with Max Landis!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Re:view is the worst thing Mike has ever created. And he made space cop.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Trunko posted:

Re:view is the worst thing Mike has ever created. And he made space cop.

Get banned again please.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus posted:

Hell yeah, a re:View with Max Landis!

God no.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lowtax and his friend Jonathan are riffing on Wormania (as seen on BotW) right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAs4-60WmoU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

You just made me realize I've never listened to one of their commentaries. Goin to watch Jurassic Park brb

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paladinus posted:

Lowtax and his friend Jonathan are riffing on Wormania (as seen on BotW) right now.

wow that's real bad

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If you couldn't get Williams to score another Star Wars movie who would you replace him with? Giacchino is a decent composer but his work on Jurassic world and Rogue One is just awful in comparison

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Giacchino is a decent composer

He's as bland and formulaic as the films he composes for

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

He's as bland and formulaic as the films he composes for

His Medal of Honor music is good, and at least his Star Trek and Pixar work are identifiable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

If Disney can replace actors with CGI monstrosities, I've no doubt they've got an entire John Williams composing machine ready to go if he kicks the bucket.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It sounded as if the direction they gave him was "make it sound like john williams but don't actually rip off any of the melodies people expect to hear in a Star Wars movie". With predictably bad results.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I think Mark Griskey would be a good replacement. His music for Knights of the Old Republic 2 and The Force Unleashed games are really good.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Arcsquad12 posted:

If you couldn't get Williams to score another Star Wars movie who would you replace him with? Giacchino is a decent composer but his work on Jurassic world and Rogue One is just awful in comparison

Skrillex.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh, me, not studio execs. I don't know then.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Captain Lavender posted:

You just made me realize I've never listened to one of their commentaries. Goin to watch Jurassic Park brb

I'm in the middle of a 10-minute Star Trek derail. 10/10

Edit: And Jay is referencing Gremlins 2 over and over. It's pure-strain RLM

Captain Lavender fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 23, 2017

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

So is John Williams like the only man left in the movie industry not confined to always use temp music?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DoctorStrangelove posted:

So is John Williams like the only man left in the movie industry not confined to always use temp music?

According to the news, for Episode 8 he made a deal to prototype new music before anyone came to him with temp tracks. So he's pretty much been given free reign to develop his own soundtrack, and then refine it to match the final edits.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I wish God would take my hearing, so I don't have to hear about Star Wars.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Arcsquad12 posted:

According to the news, for Episode 8 he made a deal to prototype new music before anyone came to him with temp tracks. So he's pretty much been given free reign to develop his own soundtrack, and then refine it to match the final edits.

That sounds like a good solution to the issue of temp-music. So it's never going to really properly catch on in Hollywood.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Just use Holst's "The Planets", Williams basically ripped that wholesale anyway

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

Paladinus posted:

I wish God would take my hearing, so I don't have to hear about Star Wars.

I wish those glasses from the last Nerd Crew that block out all Star Wars existed. Money would be no object.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Real stellar Pre-rec:

- Rich using "nerd culture" and "nerd blackface" unironically (guess what he's referring to!!)
- Jack is trying to guilt people into turning off adblock for their streams, lol

I think I would rather see every video on the internet wiped out in a pole-swapping, solar-storm type event than watch a single ad I don't have to for the privilege of watching someone try to make a living playing video games.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Lavender posted:

- Rich using "nerd culture" and "nerd blackface" unironically (guess what he's referring to!!)

oh my god, Rich confirmed for Yug.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Captain Lavender posted:

Real stellar Pre-rec:

- Jack is trying to guilt people into turning off adblock for their streams, lol

I think I would rather see every video on the internet wiped out in a pole-swapping, solar-storm type event than watch a single ad I don't have to for the privilege of watching someone try to make a living playing video games.

If the ads would be a little less annoying I wouldn't need to block them. Whenever I browse on my phone every page turns into popup that renders it useless. At this point they must be 75% of bandwidth.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
That's enough to revoke Jack's people status and put him right back into Josh territory. Unforgivable.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
You ever tried browsing the internet without adblock? I have gig fiber and it takes like 47 years to load a new york times article.

Jack can shove his swinging donkey dick up his rear end and take a piss if he thinks I'm disabling adblock.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Does Jack actually have a huge dong? If so, pics.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

oh my god, Rich confirmed for Yug.

Nah Rich didn't like Rogue One as much as I do. He's right about nerd blackface though. loving sick of it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. F! posted:

Does Jack actually have a huge dong? If so, pics.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Pre Rec is barely watchable without ads. I wouldn't bother if I had to sit through ads.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Space Taxi posted:

Pre Rec is barely watchable without ads. I wouldn't bother if I had to sit through ads.

Pre Rec is only worth watching when jay shows up.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Holy poo poo!!!!!!

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

Yug posted:

Pre Rec is only worth watching when jay shows up.

This is true. Jay used to turn up on Pre Rec more often in the beginning. Come back Jay!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Jack can shove his swinging donkey dick up his rear end and take a piss if he thinks I'm disabling adblock.

That's some tier 1 GRRM prose right there

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
I don't think it's even the first time Jack has whined about ad block. He doesn't realise that complaining about ad block just makes him seem like a douche. Especially when they are getting money from subscriptions and dorks tipping to get their comments read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

Jack's day job was like, making youtube content right? Seems like conflict of interest (I am conflicted that anyone has interest in Pre-Rec)

• Locked thread