Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Voodoo posted:

And after this screen shot I just threw on an Air Knife, so at least one of his weapons has some elemental damage, but his attack will be a little lower.

Firebrand, please, or Vernard if you have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Shingouryu posted:

The only real issue I see with team comp is that you lack a big damage dealer (read 5* base), but you can get around that with a whale friend. If you're making Rain a quad breaker, make sure that he is geared for survival as much as possible, an have backup ways to break fire and light with either your friend unit or yours - they are by far Greg's most threatening skills.

The real issue is that I am void of that entirely in my base teams. You need magic? I can magic the gently caress out of anything. Need a healer? I got you bro. My hardest hitter is a 500+ attack Firion, on a good day. I have no luck when it comes to incredible damage dealers. I have no luck when it comes to the RNG. I bet I could get some tickets from the event, use them on that Noctis banner and get another loving Vanille or Aiden or Agrias.

My intention is to use a Noctis friend (dodge or not). I'm not worried so much about the party of 5 completion, just the blade and hopefully bushido.

So just to see I did 2 500fish ticket pulls. Got Seven #2 and Miyuki #2. Great for TMs but just not what would have helped.

hagie fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 22, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Agrias turns in to a solid damage dealer when we get her 6* (and enhancements) at least.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

My account (on my iPad) is linked to my Facebook, will the game freak out if I use it on my iPhone as well? I'd like to play this game on my lunch breaks at work.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I think the only time it would freak out is if you are running an emulator and try to play while that is running.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

hagie posted:

The real issue is that I am void of that entirely in my base teams. You need magic? I can magic the gently caress out of anything. Need a healer? I got you bro. My hardest hitter is a 500+ attack Firion, on a good day. I have no luck when it comes to incredible damage dealers. I have no luck when it comes to the RNG. I bet I could get some tickets from the event, use them on that Noctis banner and get another loving Vanille or Aiden or Agrias.

How well can you meet the team requirements from this guide? It cuts down the amount of elemental coverage you need to worry about, and some of the healing requirements. But it's still a brutal fight with the amount of damage you have to cover.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/61blsz/vortex_of_trials_march_of_the_beasts_gilgamesh/

He doesn't have his Gilgamesh Noctis up right now, but he'll probably put it back up soon.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Cleared out like 7ish friend slots if you don't have me yet.

After the event I'll have either a 800+ MAG Dark Fina or 1000+ ATK Orlandu, leaning towards DF because there's a serious lack of magic units on my friends list.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

McSpankWich posted:

After the event I'll have either a 800+ MAG Dark Fina or 1000+ ATK Orlandu, leaning towards DF because there's a serious lack of magic units on my friends list.

Buttlord your Orlandu got me through the dark esper trial as my sole DD. Cleared all challenges on the first try. Cheers!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

McSpankWich posted:

That's because Orlandu is far better.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

jetz0r posted:

How well can you meet the team requirements from this guide? It cuts down the amount of elemental coverage you need to worry about, and some of the healing requirements. But it's still a brutal fight with the amount of damage you have to cover.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/61blsz/vortex_of_trials_march_of_the_beasts_gilgamesh/

He doesn't have his Gilgamesh Noctis up right now, but he'll probably put it back up soon.

Honestly I probably could, but I think I am going to take the patient route and just farm some poo poo for TMRs and hope for the best on some pulls in the future. I am going to spend the next couple days farming up what I want left from the event and just get Nox fine tuned and see if I can get 1 of our 2 old laptops up and running to have it run full time on that while I do other things on my main desktop

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I'm now averaging ExviusWiki, Famitsu and Altema ratings to come up with an average rating, using the Borderlands rarity colors for this update. If anyone has suggestions on color, let me know. The Famitsu ratings are structured the same as Exvius Wiki, though as of last week, they now go as high as 14.5 for units like Ayaka and Orlandeau after enhancements. Altema ratings are scaled with the assumption that a 14.5 from Famitsu is equivalent to a 100 from Altema.

I'm sure I messed something up. I'll work on an update of upcoming characters later, but I'm a bit on the fence with maintaining a list of upcoming characters that may or may not come out. All of the stuff in the tables above has already been available to Global.

Varance fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 23, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Here an interesting list somebody posted on Reddit.

It's not ranked in any particular order, but he does mention if something is worth leveling or not.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Limit_Burst_Rankings_by_Fantasticsphere

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
ill save all my pots for earth veritas

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I know this is beating a dead horse and most everyone has gotten over the drop rate, but I went back on the Wiki and looked up the most recent couple of King Mog events to compare drops. I am using PRO as the litmus due to that's what I personally experienced, and I am excluding special encounter drops. These are BASE with no additional bonuses added.

Akademia PRO - 132-142
Auracite Chosen PRO - 132-150
Mana Mystery PRO - 134-155
Floating PRO - 110-118

ELT looks to be the same scenario of about + or - 20%

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Why the heck does Setzer's attack animation look like him punching?

What a wasted opportunity.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Varance posted:

I'm now averaging ExviusWiki, Famitsu and Altema ratings to come up with an average rating, using the Borderlands rarity colors for this update. If anyone has suggestions on color, let me know. The Famitsu ratings are structured the same as Exvius Wiki, though as of last week, they now go as high as 14.5 for units like Ayaka and Orlandeau after enhancements. Altema ratings are scaled with the assumption that a 14.5 from Famitsu is equivalent to a 100 from Altema.

I'm sure I messed something up. I'll work on an update of upcoming characters later, but I'm a bit on the fence with maintaining a list of upcoming characters that may or may not come out. All of the stuff in the tables above has already been available to Global.

Doing gods work. As far as coloring goes I really like the vanilla D&D coloring (aka Blizzard Coloring) Grey (Common) -> Green -> Blue -> Purple -> Orange (Legendary)

Can you also please do this on Google Sheets and post the link here for everyone to see? Cheers!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
I think I'm done pulling dailies. the 250 lapis drain a day is just not worth it.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Last week I said that and pulled a long awaited Refia.

I do it today and I get Agrias #4.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I love how this game gave me a bunch of very powerful 6* characters as trap rainbow crystals back in the day. It takes over a year for them to get their 6* version and even longer to get their enhancements.

Seriously 5* Agrias, 5* Zidane, 5* Garnet.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Finally got a setzer at least. I don't expect a TTerra, although I will continue to do daily pulls in hopes of getting her.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

I have literally not pulled a useful character (useful TMs, sure, since I pulled Shines) since November. That's with dailies, well over a hundred tickets, 11-pulls, the works.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

This game has trained me well. My daily turned from Gold into a Rainbow and I knew it was going to screw with me.

Out pops Delita

So thankful that I know better than get my hopes up.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Also how are the big Orlandus and Olives on Ultima on Elite? I am trying to figure out if I can get the party of 4 on the event for the MAG +15%. I can live with out it, but just am testing since I have decided to try Gilgamesh at a later date since I really need dualcast and some other TMRs.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

hagie posted:

Also how are the big Orlandus and Olives on Ultima on Elite? I am trying to figure out if I can get the party of 4 on the event for the MAG +15%. I can live with out it, but just am testing since I have decided to try Gilgamesh at a later date since I really need dualcast and some other TMRs.

What kind of team are you fielding? I sent Setzer, Ling, Minfilia and a friend Orlandeau after Ultima Weapon for that one. That party is capable of a 2-shot if you're using any of the 1000 ATK Goonlandeaus,

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My Olive can one shot Limit Break kill it if you BREAK him or ATK boost Olive first.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Right now I am planning no bonus just to get through it.

Whats on the plate right now is

Rain
Marie
Ysholta

Friend I would use for Dark Ifrit/Siren (1100 Olive, or 900+ Orlandu), I think Noctis might not accomplish what I am looking for

Yea Toon's Olive helped complete it in 2 with the party above.

hagie fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 23, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
He can be paralyzed if you can't 1 round him.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I buffed fire and earth with marie 1st, broke with Rain for dual wield extra damage (har har), then pro/shell with Ysh, then hit him with the True Shot. Punched him to 1/2, he used Flare and Quake and it only took 1/4 health from everyone. Mortar dropped him to 1/4 and I just hit repeat to save myself the 10 seconds of setting up something strategic.

Now back to pro.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Ratmtattat posted:

This game has trained me well. My daily turned from Gold into a Rainbow and I knew it was going to screw with me.

Out pops Delita

So thankful that I know better than get my hopes up.

Northswain's Strike is actually the best move in the game.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

HGH posted:

Northswain's Strike is actually the best move in the game.

It's very helpful for conserving orlandeau's MP during round 1-4 when you need him to divine ruination on round 5. :banjo:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I finally got to see a Nepala. Then something special happened.

DOUBLE NEPALA

(Check your battle number, mine was X/7 when I got those)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
These things only ever show up to me when I take a non Bonus friend. And I've only ever seen 2 so far.
Then again I'm really having trouble with Bonus friends this event, all the Setzers are pretty underleveled, T.Terras are rare, and the rest aren't worth taking. Farming fish at 400 a pop is still slowly but surely getting it done, especially with the TMs on sale being so bad.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Speaking of friend units, I know no one uses mine, so what would be best to help others out. I don't have the patience or time to get my Kefka or vanilla Terra up to 6* because I chose to do some units that I seemed more prudent (ex Refia, Minfilia).

So would it be better to put up:

506 DEF 5300HP Cecil (Blood Sword, Force Shield, Grand Helm, Force Armor, Black Belt, Water God's Amulet, x4 Tempered Shield)
397 MAG Exdeath (Wizard Rod, Monarch's Ring, Cold Snap)
414 SPR Ysholta (Raid Gear, Jeweled Ring, White Cape)

I could also put up
537 ATK Firion with dual wield
551 ATK CoD with dual wield and thorned mace

The only caveat is that 1 dual wield has become a shared commodity with any group I make and I can't guarantee it would always be up.

I can put up a Kefka 5* max that I think I had to close to 400 Mag, or I could rekit him for attack for hyperdrive or something

There is always comedy option 495 MAG Dangerous Ariana with Dual Wield

hagie fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 23, 2017

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
After a 20 something runs of no bombs or Nepalas, I've now seen about 3 of each, somewhere around 40 runs. Got all the Star Quartz, cheap Prismatic horns, Summon Tickets, GMCs, and the 10% Moogle. Now it's just saving for the Power and Support crysts.

I'm thinking that these awakening ability materials are coming out so slow, maybe it would be better to save my Power ones for Gilgamesh instead of using them on Lightning.

Any JP players want to comment on how available the awakening mats become in the future or are they always few and far between?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Vax posted:

Doing gods work. As far as coloring goes I really like the vanilla D&D coloring (aka Blizzard Coloring) Grey (Common) -> Green -> Blue -> Purple -> Orange (Legendary)

Can you also please do this on Google Sheets and post the link here for everyone to see? Cheers!

Done and done: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzD9FLe60JW64CytiSiYqCZ2JjWScunjQpb2lmSw_Ok/edit?usp=sharing

I'll finish the upcoming 6* pages later tonight. I'm going to be adding all the upcoming rainbow characters, which involves a bit of localization in terms of name for the newer Exvius characters.

Varance fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 23, 2017

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

PaybackJack posted:

I'm thinking that these awakening ability materials are coming out so slow, maybe it would be better to save my Power ones for Gilgamesh instead of using them on Lightning.
This batch is not exciting at all, I'm saving for Gilgamesh or another good character's enhancements.

hagie posted:

Speaking of friend units, I know no one uses mine, so what would be best to help others out. I don't have the patience or time to get my Kefka or vanilla Terra up to 6* because I chose to do some units that I seemed more prudent (ex Refia, Minfilia).

I can put up a Kefka 5* max that I think I had to close to 400 Mag, or I could rekit him for attack for hyperdrive or something

If you don't have a unit that can carry through PRO or higher, just put up your best bonus unit. Doesn't need to be kitted out unless you want to.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Anyone else seeing an uptick in nelapa/golden bombs? I've seen more today than I've seen all week.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Only seen 1 Nappy today.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
0 all weekend so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

hagie posted:

I've gotten Shadow twice so far from this banner's 1/2 pulls.

hagie posted:

A whale olive friend can carry you through an ELT clear. Have the other 3 members focus on (de)buffing and healing Olive. If you have a unit that can paralyze constantly, like Ling or BC Lid, have them paralyze ultima and then your buddy Olive can kill it over 2-3 turns.

• Locked thread