Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

WampaLord posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I was expecting a link to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqqsL0EqASM

You lack honor. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MorgaineDax posted:

You lack honor. :colbert:

Glory to you...

:gowron:

...and your hooooooouuuuuuse.

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

MorgaineDax posted:

I just took some pictures of mine. I got you covered.

http://imgur.com/a/GTgAJ

I like how wearing the rank insignia stickers is listed as optional, implying that wearing the communicator stickers isn't...

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Balance of Terror was loving awesome!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

Balance of Terror was loving awesome!

:respek:

Don't worry, there's more where that came from.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Worf dealing with keiko going into labor is amazing.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

MorgaineDax posted:

Thank you so much! The best I could get off of google was someone summarizing the rules.
The game legit tells you to place the Communicator sticker on the left side of your chest and says you MUST wear it until you enter the Jeffries tube.
And then if another player sees you in a Jefferies tube with the badge on you get sent to the brig? There's only like 16 of the stickers, so if you play the game a lot...you run out of badges? We'll probably put the badges on cardstock and laminate them, but it seems like such a weird decision to make them stickers, instead of cardboard or plastic like a modern boardgame.

It's weird, because it feels like this should be a cooperative game, but I guess that wasn't really a thing for American board games in the 90s? So you've got stuff like cards that let you steal other players' turns or items, the comm-badge gotcha thing, stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense in a coop style boardgames. If you win, you get a MEDAL OF VALOR, so I guess you're competing for the medal.

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Zonko_T.M. posted:

It's weird, because it feels like this should be a cooperative game, but I guess that wasn't really a thing for American board games in the 90s?

If winning is not important, why keep score? :black101:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I have now subjected my girlfriend to the first five Trek movies, thanks to our local video store. She declared The Final Frontier second-worst, behind TMP. I argued that, even though TMP had like only three story beats, at least they followed each other, unlike the mess we'd just watched.

I don't look forward to showing her Insurrection and Nemesis!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CPColin posted:

She declared The Final Frontier second-worst, behind TMP.
Sever.

:goonsay:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

CPColin posted:

our local video store

What the.. Are you a time traveler? If so, why on earth would you possibly decide to visit our dystopian present

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
We hopped on the 3pm autogyro to see what new movies were out at Blockbuster and then swung by the malt shop.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Bohemian Nights posted:

What the.. Are you a time traveler? If so, why on earth would you possibly decide to visit our dystopian present

Blockbuster is dust, but there's a chain in and around Chicago called Family Video that still exits. I dunno how, but they do. :shrug:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Bohemian Nights posted:

https://www.facebook.com/CrossroadsVideo/

They even have VHS! The DVD's for Final Frontier and Undiscovered Country were in the "New Arrivals" section!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Family Video still exists where I live (NC) and usually shares a building with Marco's Pizza.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer
I'm not fond of film #4, The Voyage Home: it's like they wrung every ounce out out of Kirk and co. going all fish-out-of-water in 1986 and put the ending - their second Voyage Home, if you like - on fast-forward. Alien probe just vworrp vwerrrp skreees off into space like nothing happened; whale lady gets started straight away at Starfleet and goes away to do whale stuff on a starship??; and Kirk gets the rank he wanted, the brand-new Enterprise he wanted, and the Federation President practically gives him a loving sloppy BJ in front of Spock's dad on top of that for saving humanity from its past foolishness.

Everyone had something to do, but it just didn't feel high-stakes to me!!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
In "All Our Yesterdays," wouldn't the people who go back in time screw up the timeline so that would not be able to send themselves back? Or did being "prepared" fix that?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Mister Kingdom posted:

In "All Our Yesterdays," wouldn't the people who go back in time screw up the timeline so that would not be able to send themselves back? Or did being "prepared" fix that?

I mean who (among them) cares, their future is doomed anyway. The real question is why they didn't go back in time and build a big rear end evacuation ship or a sun fixing device or whatever.

Tikifire
Jun 22, 2006

Would you like to touch my monkey?

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

Man, even I haven't done that. Seasons 5-7 of Voyager and 1-2 of Enterprise I missed a bunch, and I've never felt like revisiting them. We're slowly going through season 1 of DS9 now though, because my wife hasn't seen much of that and we already did TOS and TNG. So maybe we'll get there eventually.

I've watched everything except a few episodes of the insanity that is the Animated Series. Slowly getting to those. Not sure if it's something to be proud of that I've spent so much time watching TV, but it is what it is.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Pakled posted:

I always thought that "class of '78" comment was weird. It wouldn't be referring to a stardate ending in "78" because that'd be like saying "Yeah, I'm class of 10:35 AM" and early TNG took place in the 2360's, so that'd imply Data's been in Starfleet for nearly 90 years, which doesn't mesh up with the timeline.

There was a catastrophic accident that killed all but 78 of the graduating seniors at the Academy, so he's part of the "Class of 78."

I pulled this straight from my rear end, but this is absolutely the kind of poo poo they'd come up with to fix what's obviously something they wrote before they had everything nailed down

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

CPColin posted:

I have now subjected my girlfriend to the first five Trek movies, thanks to our local video store. She declared The Final Frontier second-worst, behind TMP.

The Final Frontier owns, re-educate your girlfriend.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Timby posted:

The Final Frontier owns, re-educate your girlfriend.

I thought I was the only one who loves Star Trek 5.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The camping is great. The rest is hot garbage

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The Bloop posted:

The camping is great. The rest is hot garbage

Shatner's direction, Laszlo's cinematography and Goldsmith's score are beyond reproach.

Pieces of Peace
Jul 8, 2006
Hazardous in small doses.

Kingtheninja posted:

Worf dealing with keiko going into labor is amazing.

The DS9 follow-up was magnificent.

"Keiko's having a baby!"

"Now?" :yikes:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Timby posted:

Shatner's direction, Laszlo's cinematography and Goldsmith's score are beyond reproach.

Yes, I liked the part where Voldemort looks at the guy riding up on a unicorn and it cuts between them eight times for no reason. And when Bones, Kirk, and Spock are standing around in the room with the ship wheel and the framing cuts off a third of Kirk's left side, but is also not really focused on Spock. Or when the four of them land in the shuttle and line up by the door in a majestic shot, then exit the shuttle and line up in the same order, facing the other direction, for another majestic shot.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yeah. TMP is the worst Star Trek movie by far.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
At a Star Trek panel today, when Marina Sirtis was asked if she wanted to be on Star Trek Discovery, she replied that they'd have to pay her a lot of money.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

MorgaineDax posted:

If you could upload those to BoardGameGeek, I'm sure some future nerd would appreciate it.

e:

Bohemian Nights posted:

The video store where I live burned down less than a week ago.

FredMSloniker fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 23, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011

Boinks posted:

I thought I was the only one who loves Star Trek 5.

It's my third favorite TOS movie!

Please don't hurt me.

E: Before someone asks so we can get the condemnation over quicker; 4, 6, 5, 2, 1, 3.

Orv fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 23, 2017

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Timby posted:

I won't comment on the score, it may be great. The plot itself should be hauled away as garbage.

Also I forgot to mention that the one god quote is good but the setup is yeesh

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This was posted in the Greatest Generation's Facebook group, and I want to know what the plot of this 90s sitcom was

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

The Denim Wars were a dark time for humanity.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

twistedmentat posted:

This was posted in the Greatest Generation's Facebook group, and I want to know what the plot of this 90s sitcom was

Sisko and Dax are newlyweds who just moved back to Dax's hometown of San Diego. Jake is home from college and having trouble adjusting to his new stepmom and the new city. Bashir is Jake's college roommate and confidante. Kira and Quark live in the apartment next door. O'Brien is the landlord/janitor. Odo is Kramer.

Move Along Home, coming to the CBS Block Party this Fall!

Orv
May 4, 2011
Would watch 200 episodes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We met Jason Issacs today and he mentioned filming in Toronto and I asked what he was working in and he very gruffly muttered

Star Trek

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rhyno posted:

We met Jason Issacs today and he mentioned filming in Toronto and I asked what he was working in and he very gruffly muttered

Star Trek

....hahahahaha, this show is going to be an absolute delight....

vermin
Feb 28, 2017

Help, I've turned into a manifestation of mental disorders as viewed through an early 20th century lens sparked by the disparity between man and modern society and I can't get up

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sisko and Dax are newlyweds who just moved back to Dax's hometown of San Diego. Jake is home from college and having trouble adjusting to his new stepmom and the new city. Bashir is Jake's college roommate and confidante. Kira and Quark live in the apartment next door. O'Brien is the landlord/janitor. Odo is Kramer.

Move Along Home, coming to the CBS Block Party this Fall!

"Now Kira, this is only a platonic living arrangement. Sexual favors will not lower your rent or utilities by one cent!" [pause for laughter]
"Listen you walking forehead [pause for laughter] no one's going to be doing you any sexual favors, cause that implies you wouldn't be paying for it." [audience "ooh"s]
"Exactly!" [pause for laughter]

Orv
May 4, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Star Trek

I will imagine it was this exact tone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njFOIvoN9pc&t=41s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Rhyno posted:

Star Trek

A friend actually met Jason Issacs in Toronto and asked him about Star Trek and he said "it's a show". His tone was apparently "i don't want to talk about it".