Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
what's "esports poo poo" ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

eriddy posted:

Thorin

RLewis

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

eriddy posted:

A redundant statement

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I'm glad eSports is enough of a thing where people get paid for being real good at CS :shrug:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://clips.twitch.tv/SassyHeadstrongDragonfruitFrankerZ

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Yeah I don't understand. Esports poo poo is exactly what allows you to watch these people compete. If you dislike a certain person or some aspect of the game being more mainstream or whatever then say so but a sweeping statement like esports is A Bad Thing is just silly.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
The "eSports poo poo" is the distance stretched between a little class and professionalism, and the wacky zany HOW DO I REACH ZEES KEEDS cringe marketing goop. It's better than it was, but I've seen stuff so bad I just turn the stream off. The talking to the characters thing from The International...hooooly poo poo. The fnatic video? Just no. Leave that stuff to Razer et al.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Brax just deleted 4 SK players from the server. :o

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

This is the best CS I've watched in a long time.

God I've missed Brax.

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Steel is getting mad and ruining all of the vibes.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Brax seriously turned up. Is c9 really going to get to majors anyways...?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Fusion Restaurant posted:

They could tour around Europe in a van and play in all of the LANs they can.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Not without Brax, and Valve will release HL3 before they unban him.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Kazinsal posted:

Not without Brax, and Valve will release HL3 before they unban him.

The catch 22 of cloud 9

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i hope you guys arent missing bts

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

the replays every single round is really loving annoying and they look like they were recorded on vhs

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Having other teams do commentary is pretty entertaining

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

BeyondTheSummit events are always good and chill and I'm glad that this CS one is following that trend

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Didn't see any games from this tournament, but the reddit analysts are really mad about shroud lol

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Reddit seems to worship shroud, but I don't really follow NA CS and he always seemed mediocre in the overall mediocrity of c9 at international events. Nothing against the guy but I gather most of his fans are from his streaming.

Due to the time zones I managed to catch a fair bit of CS Summit and it was v enjoyable. Having all of Nip casting a game and hearing the stuff they talk about was cool.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Yeah this event's been really cool, and I definitely enjoyed players casting games and bullshitting on the couch with the analysts. Fallen and Coldzera casting the Optic/C9 game last night was really fun.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Free swag cut shroud

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

yolandi posted:

Reddit seems to worship shroud

This hasn't really been true in ages, they are constantly making threads and comments saying that shroud should be cut.

Sucks that the golden piece to the NA puzzle is permabanned though :sigh:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Shroud should just commit to streaming and maybe try to tilt Dazed again by convincing him that switching over to 16:9 is a good idea

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
https://t.co/VnH8teoZEr

Beyond the Summit's meme game is on loving point.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That Zeus triple was really cute.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

canoshiz posted:

Sucks that the golden piece to the NA puzzle is permabanned though :sigh:

Haha yeah, it was great to see him play and see what the fuss is about.

Alternate version: sucks its been 2 years and still no-one better? C'mon NA.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

yolandi posted:

Haha yeah, it was great to see him play and see what the fuss is about.

Alternate version: sucks its been 2 years and still no-one better? C'mon NA.

My take on this is, the NA scene immediately grabs anyone with a hint of talent and puts them on salary. Then there's almost a culture of coasting until you're kicked or the org drops you. The last few years i've seen a lot of names come and go off na teams and some teams pick up these kids with nutty numbers, they have two nutty games and then they just sit in the middle of the team. I really feel like old ibp, c9(back when it was coL) and maybe clg were the last chance na had at being good because the salary sucked so they had something to prove. Also they didn't stream european trucker for 13 hours a day. Shroud has sucked for a full year.

Also manajumas but i just loved minikerr and shroud when they were on a team. Also irukandji.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's shrouds business if he wants to stream all day outside of pratice, his team and org seem to trust him or he would be gone.

Also I expect optic, clg, and c9 to have some decent lan results in the next 3 months. I think the real issue is non creative igls, but the big na teams are already working to fix that

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

stump collector posted:

It's shrouds business if he wants to stream all day outside of pratice, his team and org seem to trust him or he would be gone.

Also I expect optic, clg, and c9 to have some decent lan results in the next 3 months. I think the real issue is non creative igls, but the big na teams are already working to fix that

Pretty sure shroud being a big streamer and quite popular is why he hasn't been cut yet, since that probably is worth quite a bit to C9. However I feel like that might be a bit of a catch 22 since him streaming so much probably has an impact on his pro performance.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

However I feel like that might be a bit of a catch 22 since him streaming so much probably has an impact on his pro performance.

What should he be doing in lieu of streaming? What's always unclear to me is whether playing on his own (DMing or pugs/ranks) will help his performance. It seems like the issues with the team are around how they play together, and that means they need more team practice. Shroud could be the one holding them back from that, but idk. Not super clear that less streaming = better performance unless he's spending the time doing something productive.

However, the optics of going home during a tourney to stream pubg is pretty lol.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

jerman999 posted:

What should he be doing in lieu of streaming? What's always unclear to me is whether playing on his own (DMing or pugs/ranks) will help his performance. It seems like the issues with the team are around how they play together, and that means they need more team practice. Shroud could be the one holding them back from that, but idk. Not super clear that less streaming = better performance unless he's spending the time doing something productive.

However, the optics of going home during a tourney to stream pubg is pretty lol.

Well I can't speak for everyone, but for me quality > quantity when it comes to practising in CS. I actually get worse if I just mess around but play a lot. I think that applies to a lot of people.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Whatever shroud is doing just isn't working and the stats show that so I don't think it really matters whether it's his stream schedule or not. If shroud is playing to the best of his ability then it just isn't good enough.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
it definitely makes him look stupid to stream after posting bad stats at a tournament. i expect to see them try to call strats around shroud before they cut him because their IGL situation seems to change every 2 or 3 months now

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

stump collector posted:

it definitely makes him look stupid to stream after posting bad stats at a tournament. i expect to see them try to call strats around shroud before they cut him because their IGL situation seems to change every 2 or 3 months now

I think Tim is going to keep calling, during one of BTS interviews he said he enjoys calling and feels he does a better job than stewie who is more of an emotional player, I think we saw that this weekend where stewie just executed plays like a loving beast.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I watched shroud stream a bit and he mentioned he avoids playing matchmaking in CSGO because it throws off his competitive play. It's not a stretch to think playing other games on stream for hours a day might similarly bleed in.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Matchmaking definitely encourages bad habits. I think you're probably on the right track, if he had another hobby he might be able to be a better CS player just because he's not on his computer for 12-16 hours a day. But i think some of his issues are IGL related and he will either improve with tim calling the plays, or be cut from the team

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I think shroud playing other games on stream is perfectly acceptable so long as it doesn't cut into practice or scrims. I think he's at a level where playing other fps games is probably a perfect way of keeping his aim up without teaching himself pug habits

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
well this was certainly an interesting pug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Props to the two guys that went the distance and earned five frags between them. :v: