Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

Uroboros posted:

poo poo is going basically exactly how everyone wanted, yet the sky is falling, I do not understand.

Creating drama is entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I spent £40 on Warhammer 40,000 miniatures yesterday.

Bitter 40k poster in the death thread, death thread shitposter in the 40k thread. :allears:

Everyone has their bogeyman.

TTerrible fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Apr 23, 2017

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Well you know I was threatening to make some videos and poo poo? Well on Friday I finally got a router, got on the internet, and now I've edited my first video and put it on the youtubes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT7ddAPzdpI

Things I've learnt - be better in setting up the shot.

What mistakes am I making apart from that?

Thundercloud fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Apr 23, 2017

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Good presentation, good video.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Good presentation, good video.

Now we all know why they call you lovely.

I'll be doing a bunch of Shadow War things but dipping into 40k (mainly painting and terrain).

I've painted up some terrain and filmed myself doing it. I just need to edit it to not be two hours long.

I'll be doing a review on one of the Zveda kits, and a lot on Doctor Who from Warlord Games as someone picked up a copy from Salute for me.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Phyresis posted:

The dude he's painting is the exact same model too.

What's with Overwatch avatar-havers not having working eyes?

The dude he's painting isn't wearing a helmet, for starters. The bolter is angled differently and held lower and the legs are wider apart and his chest is facing forwards, not to the side.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
What will the next hot take on the new Space Marine models be?

Have people exhausted 'it's just a conversion' yet? Let's found out, shall we...

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Milky Moor posted:

The dude he's painting isn't wearing a helmet, for starters. The bolter is angled differently and held lower and the legs are wider apart and his chest is facing forwards, not to the side.

Excellent work detective

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Gameko posted:

40k is getting popular at my flgs again. Is there an army out there that gets space magic? Back in the day I wanted to play imperium psychics but there never seemed to be a viable list.

You can use Imperial Agents and bring a ton of cheap ML1 Psykers to act as a big battery for whatever Psykers you end up going with (Astropaths are like 25 points and you can just add a bunch to your army using their formation).

Space Marines can do pretty well at being space wizards with their 3-5 librarian formation that shares powers and whatnot and is also Battle Brothers with the above Imp Agents. Plus with Angels of Death you have access to the new Astarted psychic powers which include stuff like being able to move terrain around.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Why are people having multi-page arguments over a possible new marine kit :confused:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

You can use Imperial Agents and bring a ton of cheap ML1 Psykers to act as a big battery for whatever Psykers you end up going with (Astropaths are like 25 points and you can just add a bunch to your army using their formation).

Space Marines can do pretty well at being space wizards with their 3-5 librarian formation that shares powers and whatnot and is also Battle Brothers with the above Imp Agents. Plus with Angels of Death you have access to the new Astarted psychic powers which include stuff like being able to move terrain around.

Do not buy anything based on this. The entire ruleset is changing. None of this will exist much beyond 8-12 weeks from now. :psyduck:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I just ordered the last two gathering storm books, as well as Warzone Damocles Kauyon and Mon'tka.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Soulfucker posted:

Why are people having multi-page arguments over a possible new marine kit :confused:

Because they haven't been choked to death in their gaming chairs like they should have been.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Soulfucker posted:

TTerrible lied, 40k died.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

The rules changes are going to directly hurt the army of beautiful boys I am working on now, but i am still very excited by this new edition. Sometimes unfortunate things happen that lead the way to huge improvements. Can anyone here that is not rabidly anti GW really say that their game is likely going to get much better?

It is ok to be scared. But if 8th isn't a game you are interested in maybe it is time to let go? :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lord_Hambrose posted:

The rules changes are going to directly hurt the army of beautiful boys I am working on now, but i am still very excited by this new edition. Sometimes unfortunate things happen that lead the way to huge improvements. Can anyone here that is not rabidly anti GW really say that their game is likely going to get much better?

It is ok to be scared. But if 8th isn't a game you are interested in maybe it is time to let go? :)

:yeah:

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Hi I am worried that cool stuff like Dark Eldar will disappear but I'm also glad that theyre burning 7th to the ground and I will trade everything for the chance that Orks might be playable again.

It will probably be poo poo but 7th is poo poo already so who cares. They arent blowing up the setting, thats good enough for me to wait and see(tm)

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Miles O'Brian posted:

Hi I am worried that cool stuff like Dark Eldar will disappear but I'm also glad that theyre burning 7th to the ground and I will trade everything for the chance that Orks might be playable again.

It will probably be poo poo but 7th is poo poo already so who cares. They arent blowing up the setting, thats good enough for me to wait and see(tm)

They said all models will be compatible so nothing's getting brettonia'd at least.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

RagnarokAngel posted:

They said all models will be compatible so nothing's getting brettonia'd at least.

They said this about the Bretonnians at the start too. And now look.

Don't believe a loving word out their mouths.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Dark Eldar are mentioned explicitly on the 8th placeholder site? I guess they could do anything but I don't think anything is getting the Squatted. Glad to see Cult Mechanicus and Skitarii placed into one faction, finally.

The same site already has Death Guard listed as a separate faction from plain CSM. Hype! :zombie::hf::black101:

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

They said this about the Bretonnians at the start too. And now look.

Don't believe a loving word out their mouths.

Anything is possible if you're enough of a cynic. For all we know 8th is just a smokescreen while they file for bankruptcy.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
What was the deal with Bretonnians, anyways? It's kind of been my understanding that they hadn't really gotten support for years prior to the AoS release and then got clowned in the end times books. I guess I'd be worried if I played Sisters of Battle, but lol if you play that army with high expectations at this point

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

They checked into it and discovered they couldn't file a trademark for "being French", so they got the arse and were replaced with Sigmarines on Catlizards

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 23, 2017

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
I have no horse in this race so it's just sad to see you retards so quick to poo poo on each other at the first possible opportunity. The worst part about this awful company and game is you, the lovely customer.

Milky Moor posted:

What's with Overwatch avatar-havers not having working eyes?

Milky Moor posted:

What will the next hot take on the new Space Marine models be?

Have people exhausted 'it's just a conversion' yet? Let's found out, shall we...

Great job, retard, you figured it out! They're still starter marines from a new starter set it's a loving new edition.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Who do you main in Overwatch

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

What was the deal with Bretonnians, anyways? It's kind of been my understanding that they hadn't really gotten support for years prior to the AoS release and then got clowned in the end times books. I guess I'd be worried if I played Sisters of Battle, but lol if you play that army with high expectations at this point
They got no new releases for a while but were rumored to be slated to be used as the starter army for the new edition of fantasy and have plastic kits similar to isle of blood made for this. Then AoS happened and that was all scrapped. I have nothing to substantiate it and there is likely someone more informed to go into more detail.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Phyresis posted:

I have no horse in this race so it's just sad to see you retards so quick to poo poo on each other at the first possible opportunity. The worst part about this awful company and game is you, the lovely customer.

Great job, retard, you figured it out! They're still starter marines from a new starter set it's a loving new edition.

I have no horse in this race says the man calling people who don't agree with him retards.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
If you mime driving an immolator while flicking your bob cut, you gain an extra dice for you ur-faith pool.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Terrible Opinions posted:

They got no new releases for a while but were rumored to be slated to be used as the starter army for the new edition of fantasy and have plastic kits similar to isle of blood made for this. Then AoS happened and that was all scrapped. I have nothing to substantiate it and there is likely someone more informed to go into more detail.

How long is "a while" here?

TTerrible posted:

If you mime driving an immolator while flicking your bob cut, you gain an extra dice for you ur-faith pool.

unironically OK with SoB having rules that force players to have a specific type of haircut

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

RagnarokAngel posted:

I have no horse in this race says the man calling people who don't agree with him retards.

Don't worry friend, you are loving retarded too

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Phyresis posted:

Thanks for posting the the Warhammer 40,000 thread. Your input is helpful (and certainly meaningful) :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Phyresis posted:

At least they're triggered at the game, you just seem triggered. :shittypop:

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Phyresis posted:

retards so quick to poo poo on each other at the first possible opportunity.

If we didn't do that, would we really be goons?

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains

TheChirurgeon posted:

Miles' closet o' models:

Got a pretty solid squat rate so far. At least Orks are safe forever, right guys?

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I can't wait for bigass marines. I will buy ten of them and never a single one more and use them for glorious purposes in Inquisitor and Necromunda.

Edit: love Dat Cantonese CANONESS Miles

(Serves me right for posting on my phone :cry:)

Squibsy fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 23, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I thought we were done in here till the next wave of info appeared. :popeye:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
It's starting to feel like back when the thread went unbound in the transition from 6th to 7th :allears:

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Soulfucker posted:

It's starting to feel like back when the thread went unbound in the transition from 6th to 7th :allears:

:ssh:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Miles O'Brian posted:

Miles' closet o' models:

Got a pretty solid squat rate so far. At least Orks are safe forever, right guys?

Cool paintjobs!

Skeletons appear to be getting a sweet new release in AoS, though I don't know much beyond that and don't really follow it--the new models look great. Orks are safe forever, yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

TheChirurgeon posted:

How long is "a while" here?

unironically OK with SoB having rules that force players to have a specific type of haircut
12 years since a rules update 8 years since a model update as of the start of End Times Nagash. Wood Elves had waited a similar time and were a top seller.

• Locked thread