Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

How log until Adam learns how to go Super Saiyan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Well, he's already got the shadow clone jutsu down

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

This Adam fellow is pretty good :ocelot:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I want to believe that boss fight is the entire reason levels and XP exist in the game.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Pretty much.

Levels are very rarely used as a storytelling mechanism but the way its done in that fight is pretty clever. I can only think of a small handful of games that have done something similar.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

END ME SCOOB posted:

LoS2 is a much better game if you want pants-on-head stupidity. The original put me to sleep. Repeatedly.

The opening is crusaders storming Dracula's castle and he out-prays one in Latin, causing God to send down a space-laser to scour the earth of all life but Dracula in a 10 mile radius.

Is there a youtube of this?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Kunster posted:

Is there a youtube of this?

Absolutely, with timestamp. But if you want to see the full crazy of how they invade his castle, do watch from the beginning. I could gush about that game's gloriously stupid plot for an hour.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

END ME SCOOB posted:

Absolutely, with timestamp. But if you want to see the full crazy of how they invade his castle, do watch from the beginning. I could gush about that game's gloriously stupid plot for an hour.

I enjoyed most of LoS1, but I've only heard bad things about the sequel, like bad stealth sections. Is it worth picking up? The gameplay in the video seems messy but the music seems good, like the original.

EDIT: Haha he destroys a siege weapon by puking blood on it. That's DMC-levels of edgy.

Renoistic fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Apr 23, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
The game play is still hot trash but the story is wonderfully insane. Turn on Cheat Engine or something and have a fun romp.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Renoistic posted:

I enjoyed most of LoS1, but I've only heard bad things about the sequel, like bad stealth sections. Is it worth picking up? The gameplay in the video seems messy but the music seems good, like the original.

EDIT: Haha he destroys a siege weapon by puking blood on it. That's DMC-levels of edgy.

END ME SCOOB posted:

The game play is still hot trash but the story is wonderfully insane. Turn on Cheat Engine or something and have a fun romp.

There are some amazing moments, most notably in the beginning, and three boss fights I can think of. One of which is absolutely brilliant, and the other two are great and fun. The biggest problem is the game came around when Konami was starting to do it's "Games don't make money, so play it safe" strategy that lead to them locking Kojima away from his dev team for 6 months resulting in the mess MGS5 became. You can see the times when the dev team got their ideas through in LoS2, and when the Konami aggregation bots stepped in to make sure that the Hot New Thing in 3D games was implemented. And Patrick Stewart returns and doesn't chew the scenery, he loving devours it. It's worth it if the game is on a hefty Steam sale, but that's about it.

In NieR news, I managed to power through a ton of story. I'm interested how Id tackles a side quest he brought up earlier, since I found a way to beat it fairly easy entirely on accident. No movement speed chips required. Oh, and was it brought up that Yoko Taro is willing to remake NieR if he gets enough money to do so? Because that's a thing. If he gets funded, he will remake NieR. Not re-release, remake.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

The Repo Man posted:

In NieR news, I managed to power through a ton of story. I'm interested how Id tackles a side quest he brought up earlier, since I found a way to beat it fairly easy entirely on accident. No movement speed chips required.

Can you PM me this method? I think know the exact sidequest you're talking about and that loving quest nearly broke my controller, but I did it the intended way :shepicide: Please PM me this easier method so I can scream at myself for not realizing it sooner.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Can you PM me this method? I think know the exact sidequest you're talking about and that loving quest nearly broke my controller, but I did it the intended way :shepicide: Please PM me this easier method so I can scream at myself for not realizing it sooner.

I don't have PMs, unfortunately. Otherwise I would. Part of it involves timing your dashes, the other part...Id might actually cover. Otherwise, you need to max your speed and use speed salves, and just hope for the best.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

The Repo Man posted:

There are some amazing moments, most notably in the beginning, and three boss fights I can think of. One of which is absolutely brilliant, and the other two are great and fun. The biggest problem is the game came around when Konami was starting to do it's "Games don't make money, so play it safe" strategy that lead to them locking Kojima away from his dev team for 6 months resulting in the mess MGS5 became. You can see the times when the dev team got their ideas through in LoS2, and when the Konami aggregation bots stepped in to make sure that the Hot New Thing in 3D games was implemented. And Patrick Stewart returns and doesn't chew the scenery, he loving devours it. It's worth it if the game is on a hefty Steam sale, but that's about it.

In NieR news, I managed to power through a ton of story. I'm interested how Id tackles a side quest he brought up earlier, since I found a way to beat it fairly easy entirely on accident. No movement speed chips required. Oh, and was it brought up that Yoko Taro is willing to remake NieR if he gets enough money to do so? Because that's a thing. If he gets funded, he will remake NieR. Not re-release, remake.

He said in the same interviews that he'd do more-or-less anything for money.

He then retweeted the interview with a single comment.

"Money".

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

chiasaur11 posted:

He said in the same interviews that he'd do more-or-less anything for money.

He then retweeted the interview with a single comment.

"Money".

Mundetiam
Apr 28, 2015

someone just give this man a blank check and a perpetually competent dev team

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009

END ME SCOOB posted:

Someone needs to LP this. That link you shared was 40 minutes of utter ridiculousness with a side of what the gently caress. I especially liked the plot dump at the end that introduced and explained everything about 2 new important characters in the span of 2 minutes. Also, they literally quoted SOTN a few times. "What is a man, but a miserable pile of secrets". C'mon.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I got like 90% of the way through the first Lords of Shadow before a bug stopped my playthrough on my previous computer (turns out you literally cannot kill one of the bosses if your computer hardware isn't above the minimum required specs :shepicide: The trap you need to lead them into just will not stay open long enough for you to force them into it!) and I never touched more than the demo of 2, but I would greatly enjoy seeing those.

I know it's kind of off topic but.. What? How in the world do your computer specs matter for how long a trap stays open, even if your fps were lower than intended wouldn't that just make the game lag and everything take longer on your own end, including that trap closing?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I'm at work or I'd look up the specifics of it again, but basically incompetent programming meant lower end video card framerates would throw the QTE timing off so you'd run out of time to mash the buttons to force him in before the trap reset itself :shepface:

Now that I've a GTX 970, I could probably do it no problem, but I lost that save with the migration to the new computer and :effort: at playing through the game again. The mood will take me again eventually. Maybe.

E: it was acknowledged by Konami themselves with basically a "welp, upgrade your drivers and hope for the best ¯\_(ツ)_/¯" when i went looking for workarounds, that much I remember clearly.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Apr 23, 2017

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

placid saviour posted:

Someone needs to LP this. That link you shared was 40 minutes of utter ridiculousness with a side of what the gently caress. I especially liked the plot dump at the end that introduced and explained everything about 2 new important characters in the span of 2 minutes. Also, they literally quoted SOTN a few times. "What is a man, but a miserable pile of secrets". C'mon.

Remind me after I fix my computer* and maybe I'll use that as a recording test on the new thing I'm building. I loving loved Lords of Shadow 2. There's a scene where you-as-Dracula realize you can't scale something so you decide to use your indestructibility for good, ignite a gas tank, and ride the explosion over it.

* Fun fact: I spent a week playing Nier A to completion and this machine is so loving busted that the room heated up by about 10 degrees every time the game was on... Because it's held together by solder, a makeshift video card, and THE MOTHERBOARD THAT CAUGHT FIRE.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I only request that you at least vaguely think about looking into making it a subtitled LP. Being deaf screwed me out of a lot of conversations in Automata, it seems, and it screws me out of watching many things still.

I had no idea the machines chanted THIS CANNOT CONTINUE all the while making the robowomb, for example.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
It's not so much chanting as 50 machines saying the same thing over each other in chaotic cacophony. You can't really properly represent that in text though.
They're definitely chanting it in time to the boss music though.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Is it just me or do the lighting effects on Adam's attacks (among other things) make it impossible to see what's going on? For example, in the 'he has a flash kick now' screenshot (and the equivalent section of the highlights video), I kinda had to take your word for it.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

vdate posted:

Is it just me or do the lighting effects on Adam's attacks (among other things) make it impossible to see what's going on? For example, in the 'he has a flash kick now' screenshot (and the equivalent section of the highlights video), I kinda had to take your word for it.

It's kinda true in game, as well. Adam loves adding bright white laser hair trails spiraling off in random directions to everything he does, complete with tons of bloom, and it sometimes makes it hard to see what the gently caress he's doing.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

For not having one, Adam is kind of a dick

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Kickstarter to Give Yoko Taro a Million Dollars.

Not to make a game or anything, we're just going to give it to him and see what he does with it. Maybe he'll remake the original Nier! Maybe he'll just roll around in it while holding himself and weeping. We've got no idea!

Stretch Goals: if we reach $2,000,000 we will convert the entire sum to cash and deliver it to his house on a pallet carried by a helicopter.

If we reach $4,000,000 we will commission a line of Emil body pillows (skeleton version only).

If we reach $8,000,000 we will erect a 1/8th scale replica of the Grotesquerie Queen in downtown Tokyo that continuously plays the rhythm section from the first Drakengard at maximum volume.

All backers at the $100+ level receive a 3x5 index card listing the amount of their pledge (comes with a certificate of authenticity).

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rangpur posted:

Kickstarter to Give Yoko Taro a Million Dollars.

Not to make a game or anything, we're just going to give it to him and see what he does with it. Maybe he'll remake the original Nier! Maybe he'll just roll around in it while holding himself and weeping. We've got no idea!

Stretch Goals: if we reach $2,000,000 we will convert the entire sum to cash and deliver it to his house on a pallet carried by a helicopter.

If we reach $4,000,000 we will commission a line of Emil body pillows (skeleton version only).

If we reach $8,000,000 we will erect a 1/8th scale replica of the Grotesquerie Queen in downtown Tokyo that continuously plays the rhythm section from the first Drakengard at maximum volume.

All backers at the $100+ level receive a 3x5 index card listing the amount of their pledge (comes with a certificate of authenticity).

Sold.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I only request that you at least vaguely think about looking into making it a subtitled LP. Being deaf screwed me out of a lot of conversations in Automata, it seems, and it screws me out of watching many things still.

I had no idea the machines chanted THIS CANNOT CONTINUE all the while making the robowomb, for example.

Yeah, I also appreciate subtitled LPs thanks to my deafness. I've still watched video LPs and enjoyed them, but that was purely on the virtue of the game itself being interesting; I didn't really get the LPer's commentary. I've occasionally resorted to Youtube's automatic captioning, but have you seen the text it outputs?

EDIT: For example, I really enjoyed that one goon's subtitled Silent Hill LP.

EDIT 2: Voidburger, I think her name was.

Kaja Rainbow fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Apr 23, 2017

Nimsant
May 7, 2015
Hi!

I have finished the game, and now I have caught up on this thread.

I would like to mention that with Japanese voices the "this cannot continue" chanting in the music is Japanese also. I like it better in that version. Check it out.

Also, it became quite ironic, that due to some reasons (probably it is somehow connected with the fact that SA had been banned in my country for some time),
each new page of this LP requires me to complete an "I am not a robot" captcha

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Man, YoRHa IT must be going nuts having to call the Moon every time they have to solve a ReCaptcha.

Easy on Humans, Hard on Bots doesn't really differentiate between Androids and Machine Lifeforms.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Nimsant posted:

Also, it became quite ironic, that due to some reasons (probably it is somehow connected with the fact that SA had been banned in my country for some time),
each new page of this LP requires me to complete an "I am not a robot" captcha

Wait, SA is banned in your country? Where do you live? China?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Everyone talking about This Cannot Continue, no one talking about the Memories Of Dust vocal?

It's weirdly overpowering and gets repetitive, but outside of the game it's probably my second favourite track from the OST. I keep hearing some of the non-lyrics as "POW-ER PLANNNN" and "I HEAR HIS gelloischinaaa (???)".

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

VagueRant posted:

Everyone talking about This Cannot Continue, no one talking about the Memories Of Dust vocal?

It's weirdly overpowering and gets repetitive, but outside of the game it's probably my second favourite track from the OST. I keep hearing some of the non-lyrics as "POW-ER PLANNNN" and "I HEAR HIS gelloischinaaa (???)".

Yeah man, but all the music is good. If we spend all day talking about how good all the music is, we'll never stop.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

VagueRant posted:

Too bad we will have to wait a while until we get to the track I think is most fun to translate incorrectly.

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

VagueRant posted:

I'm with you, I love trekking through the desert area just because it has this track blaring. It's so dramatic :allears:

Pata Pata Pata Pon
Jun 20, 2007

apocalypticCritic posted:

Yeah man, but all the music is good. If we spend all day talking about how good all the music is, we'll never stop.

It's way too late to stop. No one stops.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

apocalypticCritic posted:

That sounds like a good idea, though.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

vdate posted:

Nah. The only reason I know what the gently caress half his attacks are doing during attacks is because I was reviewing two takes of the same ten minutes of gameplay for like two hours straight. While you're playing it's mostly pretty much "avoid the big light poo poo coming off the nude dude because that looks like a bad scene."

Also, now I kinda wanna play Lords of Shadow 2 despite everyone telling me to absolutely not do that. I really liked the dumbass first game. You did a God powered shoryuken to literally Satan! It was REAL dumb. I loved it.

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 23, 2017

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Some of his attacks are easier to parse, like when you're close and he just tries to punt you like a football.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

megane posted:

It's kinda true in game, as well. Adam loves adding bright white laser hair trails spiraling off in random directions to everything he does, complete with tons of bloom, and it sometimes makes it hard to see what the gently caress he's doing.

He also doesn't do the "I'm attacking you now!" eye flash that regular enemies do so it can be tricky to do perfect dodges on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

Mundetiam posted:

someone just give this man a blank check and a perpetually competent dev team

Knowing how the Drakengard 3 thread went with this games first teaser being released, Yoko Taro will be in charge of Kingdom Hearts 3 or will move in on Nintendo property for a new Metroid game before the end of this thread.

• Locked thread