Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the improvements in just face models and graphics alone from MKX is impressive as gently caress. If the rumor about multiple paths and endings in story mode is true that'd be rad as gently caress. Imagining one person teaming with Superman to defeat Braniac while another person kills Batman and goes full evil would be really nuts.

Remember the Selina/Pamela/Will Smif Watchtower stream is at 4 EST today, chippies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Is that God drat Herbert West as Brainiac? That's loving perfect if that's the case.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I didn't particularly like Injustice's story. It was broad and dumb and full of grunting and yelling, and there was a ton of misleading in the advertising, like how they were like "Harley Quinn is a hero in this one!" when you don't get to play as her at all in story mode and she spends the entire story being tricked by Joker again. And that Deathstroke chapter, sheesh.

The comic was really good, on the other hand. This one looks a lot more interesting, too.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
MK9's story baffled me with how good it was. I loved the ending.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If it wasn't for the part where Sindel kills everyone but Raiden and Liu Kang in 2 seconds, MK9's story mode would be amazing. As it stands, it's just "pretty great".

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That was the best part though

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The best part is how much of a poo poo Raiden is.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Injustice story mode was basically a mid-high tier Justice League episode so if 2 can do better that it will be good

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I didn't particularly like Injustice's story. It was broad and dumb and full of grunting and yelling, and there was a ton of misleading in the advertising, like how they were like "Harley Quinn is a hero in this one!" when you don't get to play as her at all in story mode and she spends the entire story being tricked by Joker again. And that Deathstroke chapter, sheesh.

The comic was really good, on the other hand. This one looks a lot more interesting, too.

Injustice was pretty much a twisted take on the animated series Justice Lords storyline but with a less nuanced production. It definitely wasn't as good as that because we saw less of the past and the viewpoint shifting made it very hard to have a cohesive story. Injustice 2 seems more grounded with a good base narrative and more established sides a la Kingdom Come.

Diabetic posted:

Is that God drat Herbert West as Brainiac? That's loving perfect if that's the case.

Yeah, that's Jeffrey Combs, it owns. I'm glad he and Robert Englund found their way into this but it just makes me want a monster game even more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

Injustice was pretty much a twisted take on the animated series Justice Lords storyline but with a less nuanced production. It definitely wasn't as good as that because we saw less of the past and the viewpoint shifting made it very hard to have a cohesive story. Injustice 2 seems more grounded with a good base narrative and more established sides a la Kingdom Come.

2 also seems to actually feature the heroes of the Injustice universe dealing with the problem instead of calling in the vanilla league to mop up.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
brainiac looking cool

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Spikeguy posted:

The best part is how much of a poo poo Liu Kang is.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

2 also seems to actually feature the heroes of the Injustice universe dealing with the problem instead of calling in the vanilla league to mop up.

Well, except for Fate calling in Canary and Arrow from retirement. I'm surprised Fate got Ollie to say yes, that's a rough sales pitch. "Hey Oliver, please come to this other universe to help these people you don't really know go fight each other and possibly repel an alien invasion. We need you because we kinda killed our Green Arrow..."

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wow Deadshot looks even more annoying than Deathstroke or Jacqui Briggs with the speed of all these gunshots, jesus. I wonder if he'll have a lower health pool or something to balance that all out.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

MinibarMatchman posted:

wow Deadshot looks even more annoying than Deathstroke or Jacqui Briggs with the speed of all these gunshots, jesus. I wonder if he'll have a lower health pool or something to balance that all out.

I like his rocket jump.

edit: Black Adam's palace is loving epic.

The Fool fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Apr 20, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MinibarMatchman posted:

From what we've seen of the game I think a lot more characters have aerial mobility and teleports and dodges and such so it should balance out (I hope!)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
attacking swamp thing with plants

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
lil plant dude is ivy's trait!

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Brainiac looking like the "hentai character"

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Jimmy Hats posted:

From what we've seen of the game I think a lot more characters have aerial mobility and teleports and dodges and such so it should balance out (I hope!)

Also the universal roll, so everyone has at least one (expensive) option to get in.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Deadshot looking like Deathstroke ++
Catwoman still bores me to tears
Ivy is like, zato + erron and she can mb her spike AFTER its blocked so its gonna lead to a lot of annoying shinnok-esque situations of "I know I can punish you upclose if I block, but is it actually safe to hit a button after the block"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

Well, except for Fate calling in Canary and Arrow from retirement. I'm surprised Fate got Ollie to say yes, that's a rough sales pitch. "Hey Oliver, please come to this other universe to help these people you don't really know go fight each other and possibly repel an alien invasion. We need you because we kinda killed our Green Arrow..."

Eh that's a different universe and it's just following up the awesome sendoff Canary got in the comic, I'll allow it. It's certainly not on the level of "Good Superman and Bad Superman are gonna have a punchfight in this game where every single time a good universe character fought their evil twin they won."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Hey so I'm a filthy casual om the PS4, but I loved playing with the stick that came with the hella expensive Injustice 1 version. What's the closest approximation I can get for this new version?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Grem posted:

Hey so I'm a filthy casual om the PS4, but I loved playing with the stick that came with the hella expensive Injustice 1 version. What's the closest approximation I can get for this new version?

You really, really don't need a stick for Injustice. I own many sticks and I will personally be playing on pad as NRS games just feel better on pad to me.

That said if you are still dead set on playing stick I would suggest a HRAP 4 as you can find them at usually very reasonable prices as far as high end sticks go.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah NRS actually designs their games for the platforms they are on and use a 4 direction input system, which is cool and good

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Eh that's a different universe and it's just following up the awesome sendoff Canary got in the comic, I'll allow it. It's certainly not on the level of "Good Superman and Bad Superman are gonna have a punchfight in this game where every single time a good universe character fought their evil twin they won."

I was pretty disappointed that Shazam CAPTAIN MARVEL :argh: was on the roster but didn't get an epic fight sequence, although the way they did clash was still a good "poo poo just got real" moment.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Preview for issue 3

I guess it might be Bruce after all. Then again

quote:

Things don't go quite as planned for the new Suicide Squad, which finds itself having to break out of the Pentagon. All of which leads to a battle between Batman…and Batman?

While recovering from his injuries, Batman is visited by two allies from the past. But the happy reunion is interrupted by bad news from Superman's prison.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Preview for issue 3

I guess it might be Bruce after all. Then again

I currently can't imagine this batman being anyone other than Jason Todd.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Jason Todd not being clean shaven is weird imo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Boy I hope Captain Cold still gets those slit-goggles as gear

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Boy I hope Captain Cold still gets those slit-goggles as gear

i think those showed up in either the gear showcase trailer or when they were showing off his gear stuff on the stream? it would be absurd to not include them

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I want cosmetic gear for cap cold that makes both goggle lenses broken beer bottles, a la Penguin in the Arkham games.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Also between Combs and Englund for voice work this game is being expertly crafted to milk the money from my wallet

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

HebrewMagic posted:

Also between Combs and Englund for voice work this game is being expertly crafted to milk the money from my wallet

Matthew Mercer is Deadshot, continuing his persistence to play every goddamn character who revolves around guns

edit: Braniac gameplay trailer tomorrow. Also worth mentioning MKX had their DLC pack trailer a few weeks from release, so we might actually get something like that soon.

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 23, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I bet Brainiac summons the zombie dudes from the last trailer for his trait.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Probably so, but I'll still be disappointed if it is. The game has way too many "summon a buddy" traits.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gosh, I am so excited for this game. I want to play another fighting game in the mean time but I don't know what else I am interested in at this point. I guess I can play Injustice 1 .

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

I said come in! posted:

Gosh, I am so excited for this game. I want to play another fighting game in the mean time but I don't know what else I am interested in at this point. I guess I can play Injustice 1 .

Play MKX. A lot of the characters in Injustice 2 are partially inspired by various MK characters (i.e. Sonya and Black Canary), so you'd be getting a bit of a leg up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

I said come in! posted:

KOF XIV so you can pummel people with a Dinosaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-49mpaWsJI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd/Revelator and King of Fighters 14 are my picks, they're my favorites right now.

Injustice is ironically my least favorite of the 3 NRS games, mainly because it just seemed imbalanced as gently caress. I'm hoping with mechanics like the evasion meterburn in this one along with whatever they learned in MKX will provide a better balance.

• Locked thread