Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Blackwater Canal. Someone noticed right away we were fighting other goons and I just choked right off the bat and we all did terrible :lol: I think you killed me like 5 times.

If I'm thinking of the correct match, I kept camping in the tower by the bridge with my hemlock. I got executed for it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Haven't really posted a full game clip because Xbox only captures up to the last 5 minutes. Here's a game from last night on PS4 that I remembered to save.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5cR6g9fVc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

idk why you aren't on God's true console: PS4 (i know you have it for both but you only seem to play bone)

EnterTheFoo
Jul 3, 2007
I'm big down under.
enterthefoo. im hella cute btw.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

More the merrier

I'll start a PS messages chat thread feel free to post or PM me your PSN. FYI you can mute the convos

Add me too, PSN: Guillermus_

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Apr 22, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

idk why you aren't on God's true console: PS4 (i know you have it for both but you only seem to play bone)

Think his RL friends play on bone. That said, which console actually had the higher player pops? It was bone at release.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

overall probably bone but for goons i'd definitely guess ps4

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
lljk is pretty much dead on pc, I usually see maybe 4 people on during happy hour. Also happy hour got pushed back from 11 to 12 for me with daylight savings. :lol:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I have a happy hour faction for every time of day because I'm weird.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Mostly on Xbox because there are Goons (dare I say, close friends) on there that I've been playing with for quite sometime and I honestly the controller stick offset is a lot more comfortable for me.

Stan Taylor posted:

lljk is pretty much dead on pc, I usually see maybe 4 people on during happy hour. Also happy hour got pushed back from 11 to 12 for me with daylight savings. :lol:

Just make your own Network and adjust the happy hour to your liking. Double XP only counts for one game during the happy hour period, if you want to show solidarity just switch back to the other clan when you get your 2XP.

Also this happened the other night

K. O.
http://i.imgur.com/TXbmrQW.gifv

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Wazzit posted:

Just make your own Network and adjust the happy hour to your liking. Double XP only counts for one game during the happy hour period, if you want to show solidarity just switch back to the other clan when you get your 2XP.

I actually did this already. I actually set it to 12 so now it's at 1 and the goon group fits my schedule better now.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE

Wazzit posted:

Also this happened the other night

K. O.

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=TXbmrQW&v=krGFM8xTqkc&s=417

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I haven't posted in awhlie so I thought I'd try making a couple gifs from some video's I had saved. Still waiting on that prime Ronin to come out. :argh:

edit: Viewing this gif I just noticed I didn't get the kill for the bounty. :negative:
https://gifs.com/gif/bounty-phase-killing-it-self-1jOzXG

https://gifs.com/gif/big-risk-big-reward-O7jo3Q

Shnag fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 24, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

yo PS messages group going strong get at me if you wanna get in

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Decided to mess around with random Titan load outs, then jumped into an LTS match. Didnt pay attention at the beginning of the match and only realized​ when we dropped in that I was in a Northstar, which I've played maybe a half dozen times.

That was not a good match.

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 24, 2017

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

yo PS messages group going strong get at me if you wanna get in

Mentalcontempt on PS4 (I just started playing, fair warning)

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

a mysterious cloak posted:

Decided to mess around with random Titan load outs, then jumped into an LTS match. Didnt pay attention at the beginning of the match and only realized​ when we dropped in that I was in a Northstar, which I've played maybe a half dozen times.

That was not a good match.

Stay as far away and as invisible as possible, charge your gun, dash out, shoot, charge back behind cover. Repeat. Randomly fly up instead of popping horizontally. Win.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

mentalcontempt posted:

Mentalcontempt on PS4 (I just started playing, fair warning)

No worries, I'm in the twenties and just with one goon is enough to win most of the matches.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Goons are kind of better than your average pubbie. You just need experience but one solid goon like me can put pressure on the other team and give you support you need.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
My PSN is DocFuzz.

The PS4 Community is open too anyone to join, it's called GOONFALL 2. Icon is BT's glowing eyeball with SHAKY CAM, if you're not sure.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Nichol posted:

Stay as far away and as invisible as possible, charge your gun, dash out, shoot, charge back behind cover. Repeat. Randomly fly up instead of popping horizontally. Win.

Cool, I'll have to try an intentional run with it instead of doing a panic mode "WHAT DOES THIS BUTTON DO" match.

I'm used to using Ion's laser for pilot murdering, but I couldn't hit a pilot to save my life with Northstar.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Still a long way to go but, is there any point on "regenerate" a gun? It gives a screen that displays lifetime XP but I don't think that I care for that to reset my progression on a weapon.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Guillermus posted:

Still a long way to go but, is there any point on "regenerate" a gun? It gives a screen that displays lifetime XP but I don't think that I care for that to reset my progression on a weapon.

Weapons regen automatically and their progression never resets, even if you lose access to it after regening your pilot.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mordja posted:

Weapons regen automatically and their progression never resets, even if you lose access to it after regening your pilot.

Oh cool, so it's not prestiging on old CoD games where you reset all your weapons and unlocks.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Guillermus posted:

Oh cool, so it's not prestiging on old CoD games where you reset all your weapons and unlocks.

If you regen your character level at 50 you lose all your guns, just like in cod. But each gun also has levels and regenning the gun itself doesn't take away mods you've unlocked for that gun. Everything has numbers to make go up.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Stan Taylor posted:

If you regen your character level at 50 you lose all your guns, just like in cod. But each gun also has levels and regenning the gun itself doesn't take away mods you've unlocked for that gun. Everything has numbers to make go up.

Also buying guns is relatively cheap so even by the first lv50 regen you should be able to have your favorite guns ready to go right off the bat.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I only "prestiged" in CoD because it gave extra loadout slots and that was the only thing I wanted. Anything useful for regen or just pure cosmetic items?

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Not really, but again the various weapons and perks are pretty cheap and using the early guns again for a bit isn't a huge deal

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Mostly for Gen skins, but the ability to permanently unlock weapons/abilites with credits makes regenerating relatively painless aside from having to redo a few classes.

Regenerating in this game is a whole of lot less painless than in TF1. Regen was locked away behind Regen Challenges such as specific Titan chasis executions (the bigger slower Ogre a bit of a pain to accomplish with) or prepatch 50 Gooser kills (which were a hell of a lot harder to come by with the old Titan weapons). Don't necessarily miss the regen challenges but they were a great way to break up your play style to try different loadouts, there was a regen challenge that required you to doom and destroy a Titan while rodeoing which proved to be slightly difficult because you had to stay on even after dooming until it was completely destroyed.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Back in TF1 you got had to learn to goose with the 40mm

Some of us got absurdly good at it

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

DLC tomorrow

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Excited for that new Marvin faction. :allears:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I miss unloading into the exposed innards of a titan. The battery system is good though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Been playing a lot with the Smart pistol lately and it's kind of a POS. It's awesome for clearing grunts but otherwise feels super underpowered. I also don't get why it still replaces your secondary until you die and imo you shouldn't lose it upon death since there are more powerful perk weapons that persist like the turrets. It's a shame because it's really fun to use but the TTK is abysmal. I almost always feel like I could do better with a normal gun and lose shootouts I wouldn't have lost with an smg or whatever.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Pretty hefty patch notes for tomorrow's DLC drop.

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes

quote:

NEW CONTENT
New Map: Glitch
New Live Fire Map: Deck
New Faction: M.R.V.N.
New Execution: Get to the Point [Pulse Blade]: Unlocks after getting 10 Pilot kills with the Pulse Blade. If you have already achieved the 10 kills it will unlock retroactively
New Featured Modes [we’ll be introducing these at different times in the near future]
Glitch 24/7: Get a feel for the new map by playing a variety of modes on just the Glitch map
Marked for Death: 6v6. One member of each team is Marked as targets and both teams must defend their target while trying to kill the other team’s target. Once one of the marked players are killed, the surviving Mark’s team is rewarded a point. After a few seconds, new Marks are chosen. First team to 10 kills wins.
Titan Brawl: Think of this as Team Deathmatch with just Titans. 5v5 mode with Titans only [no ejecting] and respawning. Each kill counts for 1 point and first team to 30 points wins. (this sounds awesome)
Iron Last Titan Standing: It's the Last Titan Standing you know and love with a few new rules. 5v5 with no ejecting and no batteries.

NEW FEATURES
Main Menu Update: We dressed things up a bit with new background videos, updates, and tiles with rad stuff we think you should check out
Increase Pilot Gen to 100
Added Live Fire mode to Private Match options
You can now choose between regular, Prime, or random for executions for Titans if you own the Prime Titan

MATCHMAKING AND NETWORK IMPROVEMENTS
Game will now emit a sound when it is going to connect you to a match. Our PC brethren will want to make sure to set Settings > Audio > Sound In Background to On to hear game sounds when the game is not focused. This is for all audio, including the matchmade sound
Fixes to address parties occasionally getting split up
Players that join late to a party making it too large for the current playlist will now cancel matchmaking
Fixed issue where you could not invite friends after starting a private match

GAME IMPROVEMENTS
The game will now remember Multiplayer as last played in Main Menu - no more accidentally selecting Single Player!
Removed sun flare for maps Colony, Exoplanet, Forwardbase Kodai
Gates, the 6/4 Faction Leader, now uses the campaign model

TITAN BALANCE
General
Titan Melee - Reduced area of effect for all Titans expect Ronin
Ronin
Fixed a bug with Sword Block not always blocking the intended amount of incoming damage
Ion
Small reduction in Laser Shot’s cone angle (awh gently caress :rip:)

PILOT BALANCE
Arc Grenades
Arc Grenades now have only 1 charge
Arc Grenades recharge faster
Holopilot
Holopilots can now walk through the Amped Wall
Holopilots can now crouch walk
Mastiff
Made crosshair smaller so if you have a bead on an enemy you’ll more likely to deal high damage
Projectile width will increase quicker to improve consistency of damage in close quarters
EVA
Now need to be closer to deal max damage
Slightly Increased spread to compensate
Devotion
Reduced the near and very far damage of the Amped Devotion
Charge Rifle
Small increase to its base damage
Archer
Reduced missile tracking speed. It will still continue to track targets, but not to the extreme amount it has been since the last patch
Crosshairs
Crosshair dots no longer turn off when firing all assault rifles and SMGs
Fixed issue with the R101 where the reticle would disappear while cloaked

GAME MODE ADJUSTMENTS:

CTF
Added a 1st Half/2nd Half indicators to HUD for CTF
Fixed issue in CTF where the flag was unreturnable after being dropped by an enemy
Fixed a bug in CTF where the flag could be returned by dead players
Dropped flags will now drop more reliably in areas with low ceiling clearance

LTS
Hooked up the missing LTS VO line letting you know you’re the Last Titan Standing
Fixed an issue where players would see a black screen while waiting for players to connect. It now says “jumping to location” like other modes
Updated the player status HUD elements

MISC BUG FIXES
Fixed issue with tracking rockets missing the dropship
Fix for Scorch Nitro nose art:
Scorch and Scorch Prime now have different nose art for the “Firebrand”
Scorch Prime will keep the same “Demons” nose art
Scorch now uses a slightly modified pre-order version of “Firebrand” that will also contain the “Demon” art
Fixed issue where the Blacksite Scorch Warpaint would not appear in first person
Fixed issue where Legion would spin and face opposite direction when performing his execution as an Auto Titan
Fixed a bug where ejecting during Legion’s Power Shot could leave you unable to melee
Fixes to 3rd person animation for some Titans
Fixed bug where a Pilot could not execute an enemy if their movement speed was reduced
Fixed a bug where a Pilot rodeoing a Titan wouldn’t see it’s health bar as Doomed

PC SPECIFIC FIXES:
[PC] Fixed crash issue when switching from Crossfire to SLI
[PC] Fixed bug where top 3 player callsigns would overlap the chat box at the end of the match

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 25, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Nice. 2 content drops in a month. That's a pleasant surprise. All sounds good too.

quote:

GAME IMPROVEMENTS
The game will now remember Multiplayer as last played in Main Menu - no more accidentally selecting Single Player!

I knew I wasn't crazy for thinking that was annoying as gently caress. That's great though because I accidentally booted up the campaign on a semi regular basis.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

quote:

Gates, the 6/4 Faction Leader, now uses the campaign model

My immersion is saved

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

quote:

Crosshairs
Crosshair dots no longer turn off when firing all assault rifles and SMGs

I might finally be able to consistently use the R-97 now on console! Plus it'll make the CAR nicer as well.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Laser shot, NOOOOOOOOOO I was just getting good with you!

Titan brawl sounds fun though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Wazzit posted:

Pretty hefty patch notes for tomorrow's DLC drop.

https://forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/12003/a-glitch-in-the-frontier-the-patch-notes

Marked for Death: 6v6. One member of each team is Marked as targets and both teams must defend their target while trying to kill the other team’s target. Once one of the marked players are killed, the surviving Mark’s team is rewarded a point. After a few seconds, new Marks are chosen. First team to 10 kills wins.

:woop: Sweet! This was a really fun game type, I don't get why they didn't have it in there to begin with.