Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
What's the durability for the twilight bow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

abaddonis posted:

What's the durability for the twilight bow?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Koroks giving you poop and collecting them all rewarding you with a bigger piece of poop is one of the funniest things about this game.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Korok question: IGN's map has two flower Koroks on the skeleton west of Gerudo town. Is that correct or a double entry?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The only reward you should need from Koroks is seeing the cute little fuckers. And Hestu's dance.

I like them more as a here's something to do while exploring than a thing to go and find.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Hmm I didn't know if you Pissed off the Flower Lady, you get your rear end handed to you.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
They could have held a contest where fans could draw their own unique Korok design to be featured in the game and there would be over 800 winners.

It wouldn't have even been based on quality it just would have had to follow the most basic rules for looking like a Korok to be eligible. No configuration of wood and leaf would have been too out there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Are there even 900 separate Koroks? I figured they made about 20 of them and then rotated them in and out since no one would even notice.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Viewtiful Jew posted:

They could have held a contest where fans could draw their own unique Korok design to be featured in the game and there would be over 800 winners.

It wouldn't have even been based on quality it just would have had to follow the most basic rules for looking like a Korok to be eligible. No configuration of wood and leaf would have been too out there.

How many ways do you want to see a penis and testicles done in leaves, branches and seeds?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's time to put BotW away until the DLC comes out. Coin flip between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, both the WIIU HD versions.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

GobiasIndustries posted:

I think it's time to put BotW away until the DLC comes out. Coin flip between Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, both the WIIU HD versions.

That's gonna be rough to play now.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Calaveron posted:

That's gonna be rough to play now.

I'm kinda looking forward to a more linear game, TBH. I don't think I ever actually finished Wind Waker so I'll probably start with that one.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm kinda looking forward to a more linear game, TBH. I don't think I ever actually finished Wind Waker so I'll probably start with that one.

Wind Waker is very good and still holds up incredibly well since it's very stylized. It's also a very chill as gently caress game just sailing around. The HD version adds Hero Mode which makes it so hearts don't drop (have to use potions/fariy) and enemies do 2x damage. This solves one of biggest problem with Wind Waker GCN was that it was honestly piss loving easy, there was almost no challenge at all in the game and you'd have to stand there afk next to an enemy for several minutes before it would even kill you.

So yes, go play that.

I've never finished Twilight Princess (Wii) since I played about 1/3rd in and just... lost interest i guess? I don't think I disliked it, but I didn't love it either. I'd be down to giving the WIIU HD version a try sometime though.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 24, 2017

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
I'll be moving onto Nier Automata once I have finished BotW.

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries

Inverness posted:

I'll be moving onto Nier Automata once I have finished BotW.

I did the same thing. Just keep in mind that Nier's strength is in its story and it won't feel so jarring coming from the best, most polished open world of all time to one that's almost an afterthought.

I have to say though, March 2017 was amazing. Two next-level, best-in-class games back to back plus the release of the Switch. I'm still playing both almost 2 months later.

Hikaki fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 24, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Nier is great and im happy you guys are playing it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Why is anyone going for all 900 korok seeds? It's no secret by now that the reward is a a literal turd.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Why is anyone going for all 900 korok seeds? It's no secret by now that the reward is a a literal turd.

Why does anyone do anything.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

:autism:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Xaris posted:

Wind Waker is very good and still holds up incredibly well since it's very stylized. It's also a very chill as gently caress game just sailing around. The HD version adds Hero Mode which makes it so hearts don't drop (have to use potions/fariy) and enemies do 2x damage. This solves one of biggest problem with Wind Waker GCN was that it was honestly piss loving easy, there was almost no challenge at all in the game and you'd have to stand there afk next to an enemy for several minutes before it would even kill you.

So yes, go play that.

I've never finished Twilight Princess (Wii) since I played about 1/3rd in and just... lost interest i guess? I don't think I disliked it, but I didn't love it either. I'd be down to giving the WIIU HD version a try sometime though.

Yeah, WWHD is really beautiful. I decided to go with it, and while BotW looks really good, Wind Waker's art style is really unique and fantastic. I don't know how I bought this game for two different systems and never finished it, but hey, Hero Mode here I come!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Fun fact: the darkness effect of typhlo ruins apparently extends way above it. Which would normally never be relevant but; https://clips.twitch.tv/EncouragingCuteScorpionPeteZarollTie

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Just had my first straight up fight with a Lynel. I basically want to hunt them all now. That was intense and incredible. Really rounded out my day of taking down my first Talos and carving off my first chunk of dragon.

This game is a thing I like.

Do Lynel sleep?

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You answered your own question.

I'm saying it's hilarious and I got that turd. I touched it.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Fix posted:

Just had my first straight up fight with a Lynel. I basically want to hunt them all now. That was intense and incredible. Really rounded out my day of taking down my first Talos and carving off my first chunk of dragon.

This game is a thing I like.

Do Lynel sleep?

Lynel do not sleep, they wait.

You can open the fight by gliding from above and shooting them in the face. They'll be stunned for 5 seconds or so, which would be enough time to mount them.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
You haven't lived until you've fought a Lynel in a forest during a thunderstorm. Lightning's crashing all around you, the Lynel's cutting down trees and making firewood with every swing of his sword, animals are getting merc'd left and right, and every time you get a flurry rush, you get to see how fast Link is moving in comparison to a falling drop of rain, which is pretty amazing. Highly recommended. :thumbsup:

FUN FACT: Lynels jump away if a bolt of lightning strikes near them when they aren't in combat. They try to look all dignified when they do it but you can tell they're kind of freaked out by it. :3:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
So I just got 120 Shrines last night and this game is still fun whereas Final Fantasy XV and Metal Gear Solid V were getting old and tedious way before I was even close to the 100% mark.

I might actually try to finish all the quests, upgrade all armor and get the korok seeds because this game actually has me hungry for more.

I know I'm a broken record but I really, really, really want Nintendo to release an absolute poo poo ton of DLC for this game beyond this one season pass.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I want them to Majora's Mask it and make a sequel using the same engine

E: Put the Goron Mask and Zora's Mask in both games please

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want them to Majora's Mask it and make a sequel using the same engine

E: Put the Goron Mask and Zora's Mask in both games please

Actually make all Nintendo games use this engine. Mario Kart: Breath of the Wild. Metroid Prime: Breath of the Wild. Animal Crossing: Breath of the Wild.

All Breath of the Wild all the time.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Metroid Prime: Breath of the Wild.

"... if we have Samus as the protagonist who fights, then what is Adam going to do?"

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Playing this for the first time and I just finished the Zora divine beast and I must be real bad at exploring because I've only found around 15 seeds so far and there's 900 turds in the game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I finished the game with around 190 seeds, I think. Basically check every peak for rocks, look around rivers/streams for spots to throw stones / dive into, check out lone trees and if it's a relatively large structure chances are there's a seed on top.

The stone pattern / find missing rock puzzles are also generally visible on the map so you can scout a couple of those out.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Lakbay posted:

Playing this for the first time and I just finished the Zora divine beast and I must be real bad at exploring because I've only found around 15 seeds so far and there's 900 turds in the game

seriously don't worry about it they're like coins in Mario, not like stars. They're currency, not goals.

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
That's ok. I think I kind of went head first into the first DB, which also happened to be Ruta, without going too far off the main course. That is of course until I found out how much off the "main course" you can go, and then realized there is no main course. So do more walking rather than teleporting/horse riding if you wanna care about Korok seeds now or later, or don't. It's just inventory expansion. It's definitely nice to have your weapon slot especially expanded, but again there rests the beauty of this game is that it's completely up to you.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Yeah the game gently encourages you to go to Ruta straight after Kakariko. It's fully open at that stage, which really only takes a couple of hours tops.

Serf
May 5, 2011

It feels like Ruta was the first DB they wanted you to do, and is also the most well-developed of the ones that I've done so far. Medoh was surprisingly short, but Rudania was a pretty nice length.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Also Sidon :allears:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I just got 120 shrines last night but I have like.... 64 seeds, I'm really bad at finding them.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sidon DLC when???

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

well why not posted:

seriously don't worry about it they're like coins in Mario, not like stars. They're currency, not goals.

Thanks, I need to stop my kleptomaniac tendencies.

Is there an upgrade that lets you use a shield with the 2-handers later? I'm really bad at dodging and I'm thinking about just picking up 1 handed weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
Ironic since the Korok stole those seeds.

No such upgrade. You'll get better/faster with dodging and even putting your 2-handed weapon back quickly enough to get the shield back out in time, too. Trust me, do not overlook 2 handed weapons. And as always, spin to win!!!

yamdankee fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Apr 24, 2017