Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

So they're literally imagining Trump singing Daft Punk songs directly to them.

To quote The Alchemist, "That is the gayest thing I've ever heard of. And remember this is coming from a guy who voluntarily has sex with men!"

Easy Salmon Recipe fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Mustached Demon posted:

Except it starts with an i not a j.

A mistake that almost did ol' Indy in

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

"Bad" meaning all

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's a recurring trend among Christianity in general. It's like seven languages removed from its original version. It has a bajillion different versions so people just pick the one they like then mangle it into whatever they need it to be.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservative_Bible_Project

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If you vote for the right
Everybody will be hanging and we'll be
Feeling it right
Everybody will be hanging and our
Nation is white
Everybody will be dancing and we'll be
Voting the right
Everybody will be dancing to the

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
New Orleans begins taking down Confederate monuments

:heritage:

quote:

Mitch Landrieu and the City of New Orleans are now sponsors to terrorism. From being a sanctuary city to this.

1 posted on 04/24/2017 5:15:33 AM PDT by chemicalman
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: chemicalman

Such a sad day in the South - denying our history!

2 posted on 04/24/2017 5:18:12 AM PDT by RebelTXRose (Our Lady of Fatima, Pray for us! PRAY THE ROSARY!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: RebelTXRose

Modern day book burning.

4 posted on 04/24/2017 5:20:02 AM PDT by Ancient Man
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

We're gonna need a bigger :heritage:

quote:

Can’t anyone do something about this nonsense?????

5 posted on 04/24/2017 5:20:26 AM PDT by 1217Chic

quote:

What was that again? “We’ll be a chocolate city again...?” Or something like that?

6 posted on 04/24/2017 5:20:59 AM PDT by Gaffer

quote:

To: 1217Chic

I wrote to the New Orleans city council and told them I will never set foot in their city again. I did not get a response.

8 posted on 04/24/2017 5:22:46 AM PDT by pugmama (Ports Moon.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

Calls and attempts to the Govenor and Lt. Govenor posed no action. Lt. Govenor and Attny. General was to pass the info along and were in the process of working on it the last few days. But Mitch the bitch had other plans.

10 posted on 04/24/2017 5:23:46 AM PDT by chemicalman (People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything.)

There is no :heritage: big enough!

quote:

This is and has been an orchestrated plan to eliminate the Southern Heritage from anyone’s memory or textbook.

Get rid of the South and her charm and her heritage and you go a long way to destroying the culture. Destroy the culture and you become easy pickings for the NWO goons.

Perpetrating the illegal invasion all these years is part and parcel of having us morph into a globalist culture.

12 posted on 04/24/2017 5:25:21 AM PDT by Paulie (America without Christ is like a Chemistry book without the periodic table.)

quote:

There is nothing in history anywhere on earth that isn’t tainted by something negative. It’s a fact of life that pretty much every event in history has some sad or terrible stories. Throwing away symbols and monuments is dangerous and allows people to completely forget history (which is the goal of the globalists).

14 posted on 04/24/2017 5:29:17 AM PDT by bigtoona (Make America Great Again! America First! Th)

[citation needed]

quote:

There are actually liberals who want Mt. Rushmore demolished as well.

15 posted on 04/24/2017 5:30:00 AM PDT by Telepathic Intruder

quote:

Police and cities moan about money and manpower but seem to have unlimited resources for their silly over-the-top initiatives.

16 posted on 04/24/2017 5:31:11 AM PDT by relictele (`)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Yes, because this is exactly like that.

quote:

It won’t be too long before we start removing statues of Washington, Jefferson & any of the founders...

18 posted on 04/24/2017 5:33:31 AM PDT by Altura Ct.

quote:

To: pugmama

I can’t believe the residences are allowing this to happen?????

20 posted on 04/24/2017 5:35:36 AM PDT by 1217Chic
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 8 | View Replies]

In case you missed it: :heritage:

quote:

To: Telepathic Intruder

That is like the Taliban would do. Tearing down and/or blowing up historical monuments.

21 posted on 04/24/2017 5:38:40 AM PDT by dforest
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

Why are they destroying the history of this country?

22 posted on 04/24/2017 5:41:45 AM PDT by tillacum (I'm still a Deplorable.)

quote:

To: dforest

Its their town. They can do what they want.

I think it is stupid to “ignore” such a rich and diverse history. But, no one is going to convince them that their PC History books might be wrong...or at least fuzzy.

I wonder if they are going to rename Jackson Square? Andy Jackson is the one who slaughtered all of those Injuns, right?

23 posted on 04/24/2017 5:44:12 AM PDT by Vermont Lt
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

So much !

quote:

A sad day for the nation as a whole.
My ancestor left the south to fight for the north. He may have applauded this, I don’t know.
I do know when you ignore and deny history it tends to repeat itself.
I hung my confederate flag when these states began to take the monuments and flags away.
Would my ancestor agree with me on the free speech issue? I don’t know but I would like to think he would.

24 posted on 04/24/2017 5:44:25 AM PDT by GranTorino (Bloody Lips Save Ships.)

quote:

To: Paulie

This is and has been an orchestrated plan to eliminate the Southern Heritage from anyone's memory or textbook

It's no different from what the Taliban and ISIS do when they destroy artifacts. Or what Germany (Germany is the EU) does when it enables invaders to overrun nations with strong, vibrant local cultures.

27 posted on 04/24/2017 5:47:41 AM PDT by grania (only a pawn in their game)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

To: tillacum

Why are they destroying the history of this country?

Those that forget their history are doomed to repeat it.

30 posted on 04/24/2017 5:55:31 AM PDT by Big Mack (I love this country.It's the government that scares the crap out of me)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

City of New Orleans: Destroy history, promote Decadence.

32 posted on 04/24/2017 6:07:43 AM PDT by chemicalman (People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything.)

quote:

To: Ancient Man

+1.

As we see again and again liberals want to silence, destroy, or disrupt anything they disagree with. This will never change until someone stands up to them and refuses to cave in to their endless demands.

33 posted on 04/24/2017 6:08:25 AM PDT by Starboard
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Hobnob posted:

There's a few bits of scripture that say that Jesus was "nailed to a tree" and even though this is probably just an approximation due to translation (i.e. tree=something made of wood) it still feels like a leakage from an alternate timeline or something.

This is a favourite in hymns, probably due to it being easy to find words to rhyme with "tree."

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

BarbarianElephant posted:

This is a favourite in hymns, probably due to it being easy to find words to rhyme with "tree."

For obvious reasons "nailed to a cross like a goddamn boss" never really caught on :(

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Jagged Jim posted:

To: Paulie 

This is and has been an orchestrated plan to eliminate the Southern Heritage from anyone's memory or textbook 

It's no different from what the Taliban and ISIS do when they destroy artifacts. Or what Germany (Germany is the EU) does when it enables invaders to overrun nations with strong, vibrant local cultures. 

27 posted on 04/24/2017 5:47:41 AM PDT by grania (only a pawn in their game) 
 [ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

Yes Germany, a country famous for trying to erase its history. I mean there is so much wrong in this post but Germany admits its dark history and the genocide that occured, unlike a lot of other nations.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

The first statue taken down was literally a monument to a white supremacist uprising. Other than the Civil War I mean.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
But but but freedom of speech :freep:

Who is the gubmint to censor this guy just because he said "kill all non whites"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
So why don't Christian churches have statues and monuments of Satan?

Are they trying to cover up the fact that Satan exists? Are they hoping people will forget about Satan by not building statues of him?

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Hobnob posted:

There's a few bits of scripture that say that Jesus was "nailed to a tree" and even though this is probably just an approximation due to translation (i.e. tree=something made of wood) it still feels like a leakage from an alternate timeline or something. Maybe from Mary Gentle's Ash: A Secret History where Jesus died hung from a tree somewhere in Germania.
:rolleyes:

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sargon of TN
Nov 7, 2011

Jagged Jim posted:

My ancestor left the south to fight for the north. He may have applauded this, I don’t know.

Would my ancestor agree with me on the free speech issue? I don’t know but I would like to think he would.

24 posted on 04/24/2017 5:44:25 AM PDT by GranTorino (Bloody Lips Save Ships.)

Yes. Yes he would.

No. No he wouldn't.

ESPECIALLY considering he left the South to go fight on America's side. He must've been super fed up with the slave-owning aristocracy.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So do you think they actually do know that taking down things that GLORIFY something is not trying to erase said thing? How willful is their ignorance?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Freepers are white supremacists and agree with the sentiment that monument is glorifying. "MUH HISTORY :qq:" is just weasel words they use since until recently it was all they needed to get people to not ask any more questions.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

There are actually liberals who want Mt. Rushmore demolished as well.

15 posted on 04/24/2017 5:30:00 AM PDT by Telepathic Intruder

Oh yes, because four of our best leaders are the same as a bunch of racist traitors

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Sargon of TN posted:

Yes. Yes he would.

No. No he wouldn't.

ESPECIALLY considering he left the South to go fight on America's side. He must've been super fed up with the slave-owning aristocracy.

Loyal Americans from every Confederate state other than South Carolina contributed at least one full regiment to the Union (and even in SC there were unionists who put on blue, just not nearly as many). Somehow, those guys seem not to end up memorialized all that often. :iiam:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Clearly those people just wanted to destroy the future :heritage: of their state. Traitors.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Loyal Americans from every Confederate state other than South Carolina contributed at least one full regiment to the Union (and even in SC there were unionists who put on blue, just not nearly as many). Somehow, those guys seem not to end up memorialized all that often. :iiam:

Tennessee even gave the Union a Vice President! Sure, he was a drunken racist jerk, but he believed in preserving the Union.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

Tennessee even gave the Union a Vice President! Sure, he was a drunken racist jerk, but he believed in preserving the Union.

I have to admit that, despite studying the Civil War professionally for like at least a decade now one thing I still can't quite get my head around is how Johnson went from being the fire-eating Unionist hater of all things Confederate (and especially the planter aristocracy which he'd despised all his life) that he was during the war to suddenly wanting to go all soft Reconstruction in its aftermath. I've read the explanation and it's still just baffling.

stan worship
Oct 23, 2013

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

I wrote to the New Orleans city council and told them I will never set foot in their city again. I did not get a response.

8 posted on 04/24/2017 5:22:46 AM PDT by pugmama (Ports Moon.)

I'm certain it's because they were paralyzed by the sorrow they felt...

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

I really have to wonder how many of these people are/were King James Only people. This book is literally the word of God handed down to His followers! So let's rewrite it to justify every disgusting belief we have.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I'm certain it's because they were paralyzed by the sorrow they felt...
[/quote]

Yeah loving lol at that one.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

The first line is "from the Rio Grande to Phoenix," and most of this is about building The Wall. Does the author think Phoenix is on the border?

Sargon of TN
Nov 7, 2011

Captain_Maclaine posted:

~35,000 from Tennessee

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I really have to wonder how many of these people are/were King James Only people. This book is literally the word of God handed down to His followers! So let's rewrite it to justify every disgusting belief we have.

The progenitor of the project, Andy Schlafly, is nominally Catholic, but the only things he actually worships is his own inflated sense of intelligence, and possibly his mother's dessicated corpse.

Yes that's otherwise a horrible thing to say but gently caress 'em they're both uniformly wretched people.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Captain_Maclaine posted:

The progenitor of the project, Andy Schlafly, is nominally Catholic, but the only things he actually worships is his own inflated sense of intelligence, and possibly his mother's dessicated corpse.

Yes that's otherwise a horrible thing to say but gently caress 'em they're both uniformly wretched people.

Wasn't his mom, Phyllis Schlafly, a bit anti-feminist activist back in the 70s and 80s?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

Wasn't his mom, Phyllis Schlafly, a bit anti-feminist activist back in the 70s and 80s?

You have a remarkable gift for understatement.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

She was one of the most influential American anti-feminism activists. She was almost single handedly responsible for shutting down the Equal Rights Amendment.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Captain_Maclaine posted:

You have a remarkable gift for understatement.

Eh, I'm okay at it.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

She was one of the most influential American anti-feminism activists. She was almost single handedly responsible for shutting down the Equal Rights Amendment.

Forgot she was the one responsible for that. gently caress that Mother Bates-looking shitbag.

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

Wolfsheim posted:

One of my direct supervisors is JW and extremely great at not being a scumbag middle manager, though she once admitted in frustration that while she has to stay out of politics because of her faith she is appalled by how embarrassing DJT is, and this was after he'd only been president a couple weeks

I always saw JW as a less-isolated version of Amish but with similar strict rules and non-interventionism :shrug:

I mean there's no way they can be worse than those baptist megachurches that pray for DJT to kill all the illegals or whatever (see: the thread we're posting in, right now)

This.

For supposedly being such lovely translators, JW's were apparently good enough at translating the bible to be one of a handful out of hundreds of christian denominations to take Christ's blatantly-obvious-to-anyone-with-half-a-brain pacifism literally. They refuse under any circumstances to go to or support war. They've been harassed and banned by various governments for this and German JW's were even persecuted during the Holocaust for refusing to join the military or pledge fealty to Hitler.

Say what you will about their other weird beliefs regarding the minutiae of Christ's death and blood transfusions but their strict, unrepentant pacifism alone, puts them light years ahead of the other 90% of Christian denominations who spend their time hyper-focused on poo poo Christ himself never even mentions in a lame attempt to justify vomiting their own bigotry onto the rest of society and praying for god's protection while calling for more foreigners to be bombed.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah, Andy is a particularly strong head-up-rear end person. You have to wonder if he's just slipping into dementia. Just browse through the Conservapedia thread to get a good taste, the guy is an amazing moron in that you wonder how he manages to function

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
In case anyone was wondering what was on one side of that monument

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"The Usurpers"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

SocketWrench posted:

Oh yes, because four of our best leaders are the same as a bunch of racist traitors

To be fair, half of them owned slaves. I don't know for sure, but I could imagine Jefferson siding with the Confederacy. Washington probably wouldn't, given how he handled the Whiskey Rebellion.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Scratch Monkey posted:

In case anyone was wondering what was on one side of that monument

They should change the inscription to read:

"At this location in 1874, Confederate General and US Ambassador to the Ottoman Empire James Longstreet commanded the Louisiana state militia against insurgents attempting to overthrow the Louisiana government."

the insurgents were the White League

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Lote posted:

They should change the inscription to read:

"At this location in 1874, Confederate General and US Ambassador to the Ottoman Empire James Longstreet commanded the Louisiana state militia against insurgents attempting to overthrow the Louisiana government."

the insurgents were the White League

Longstreet's almost unique among ex-Confederate generals, in that after the war he committed the two unforgivable sins of 1. admitting yeah, it'd been all about slavery the whole time, and 2. joining the Republican party. Mosby's the only other one who did both I can think of, and he wasn't nearly as prominent at Longstreet.

Of course, given that the former had been Grant's best man at his wedding and closest friend in the prewar army, perhaps it came easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Longstreet's almost unique among ex-Confederate generals, in that after the war he committed the two unforgivable sins of 1. admitting yeah, it'd been all about slavery the whole time, and 2. joining the Republican party. Mosby's the only other one who did both I can think of, and he wasn't nearly as prominent at Longstreet.

Of course, given that the former had been Grant's best man at his wedding and closest friend in the prewar army, perhaps it came easier.

Patrick Cleburne, one of their Western generals and an Irish immigrant who'd made it good in America, legitimately bought the whole 'states rights, defend our region' thing so much that he proposed to the rest of the general staff that they free and arm any slave who would fight for them, since States' Rights was obviously the real cause.

The rest of the staff basically went 'Oh, uh, what? poo poo man, you're a war hero, you can't be saying this kind of thing' and did everything they could to bury that he'd even said such insanity to save his reputation.