Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I've seen 1 Bomb and 0 Nelapa out of ~20 Pro and 20 Elite runs. Meh.

Varance fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I've run into a lot actually. 4 bombs and 6 nepales total

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

hamsystem posted:

Anyone else seeing an uptick in nelapa/golden bombs? I've seen more today than I've seen all week.

I actually got more yesterday.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Updating the upcoming character list, and I see they've gone and released a second Olive on the JP side, but it's a healer. Wonder how they're going to handle that one... Oliver? Yeah, I'm going with Oliver until someone says otherwise.

I'm finished with upcoming units for the next few months. Expected release dates are estimated as 10 months behind the JP version, which is how far behind JP we are on storyline right now. Global-exclusive events have been pushing the event timetable further and further behind, so I'm just going to go with that.

Disclaimer: Events may happen sooner or later, depending on the whims of the global localization staff.

Spreadsheet version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzD9FLe60JW64CytiSiYqCZ2JjWScunjQpb2lmSw_Ok/view#gid=1898502908

Varance fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 24, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Started my first TMR baby sitting program on Nox. Kind of nice to set it up by recording clicks while counting to 5 to make sure it loads, then walking away and doing other things, or watching TV and not feeling the need to examine my phone to see if I have 10 energy to do event.

Now to get my wife's laptop fixed, or get a chromebook or something so I can take it with me since my work frowns on putting non-approved applications on laptops...

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

hagie posted:

Started my first TMR baby sitting program on Nox. Kind of nice to set it up by recording clicks while counting to 5 to make sure it loads, then walking away and doing other things, or watching TV and not feeling the need to examine my phone to see if I have 10 energy to do event.

Now to get my wife's laptop fixed, or get a chromebook or something so I can take it with me since my work frowns on putting non-approved applications on laptops...

I just run it on my home PC and use Chrome Remote Desktop on my phone to check up on it a few times a day.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I had that idea before looking up some things that would need to be done and it looks like a pain in the dick anyway

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Spend 5 Tickets, got my second and third 5 star base, Nekkid Terra and Gil. :stare:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

some things i feel like people used to remember, or maybe you never knew! about taking lovely bonus currency units on your own team and or as your friend unit. if your bonus unit can't carry, slap a siren on them. attack song is incomparably more useful than a not maxed out non carry bonus currency unit

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

some things i feel like people used to remember, or maybe you never knew! about taking lovely bonus currency units on your own team and or as your friend unit. if your bonus unit can't carry, slap a siren on them. attack song is incomparably more useful than a not maxed out non carry bonus currency unit

The other espers also have de-shell, de-protect, and imperil if your main damage dealer is using elemental attacks. All of these can mean the difference between a unit killing an enemy in less rounds so use them. Theres also power and magic break if you need to survive another round

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
OK, I'm done updating all currently released characters for both versions, minus a few event characters that I have no idea where they come from. A year from now, there should be over 150 6* characters available, adding more at the rate of about 10 per month.

Edit: Found the last 6 that were missing, apparently freebies from a player-designed character event.

Varance fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Apr 24, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I couldn't resist another 1/2 daily pull.

Refia #2

Really?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

hagie posted:

I couldn't resist another 1/2 daily pull.

Refia #2

Really?

Refia #1 is one of the greatest units you can pull. Every Refia after that is Bedile.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I got my third Setzer on my daily after spending 10 tickets to get the 2nd. Thanks game.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Refia #1 is one of the greatest units you can pull. Every Refia after that is Bedile.

Right now Y'sholta has her beat.

But I'll be in the macro business before too long and rectify that.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

PaybackJack posted:

I got my third Setzer on my daily after spending 10 tickets to get the 2nd. Thanks game.

What's up 3 Setzer buddy? :respek:
I was gonna wait, but got impatient and went ahead and leveled the third to 100 over the weekend.

hamsystem fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 24, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I got my eighth Ludmille today and a third Zidane yesterday. Now that I have Luneth/Gilgamesh/Olive having more Zidanes isnt really that exciting, and I sorta doubt I need eight dualcast. It's funny how significantly amazing a single unit can be and how vaguely useless they are in multiples.

I could grind out four Letters and Arms and Dualcasts extremely quickly since I think I have 9 L&A waiting but I am always like "but what if I need ten :ohdear:"

edit: I have no Setzers but I got a Ling and a Xon fairly painlessly so I should have expected this return to form by now. I think I didn't get a Chiz until her 6* was out

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I want to level Setzer up but sacred crystals :argh:

But Dice will randomly do 150k damage anyways so yay Setzer! Poach stacking with itself and Beast Killer is good!

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

I want to level Setzer up but sacred crystals :argh:

Not empty quoting

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm drowning in sacred crystals but have no holy crystals.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I ended up running chamber of awakening for the last Setzer's crystals. I had a pretty good stockpile but I ended up awakening a bunch of characters while egg seekers was going on.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

A few weeks ago I ran the 15NRG awakening exclusively and got good drops enough to boost up 2 characters.

YMMMV

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

got a rainbow in daily draw, sadly i dont think him or his tm will be any use to me.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Isn't Delita's TM still the best sword in global?

Yes, and its dark element though and the two units that would benefit from dark, garland and veritas get bonuses from greatswords and would rather use dkc's sword.

All the units i got however have better weapon options then swords and wouldnt really benefit using it. I also dont think we are going to get a lot of events with enemies weak to dark

Edit: edit is not ....quote? I dunno how i hosed that up, im starting to hate the awfull app

Tengames fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 24, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Yes. Moonblade and Mana Blade are the only swords better than Enhancer in Global actually.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Don't forget Fryevia's Needle! It's got +10 ATK and +89 MAG over the Enhancer. Still not as strong ATK-wise as the Moon Blade or Mana Blade though unless you need that crazy MAG stat.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tengames posted:

Yes, and its dark element though and the two units that would benefit from dark, garland and veritas get bonuses from greatswords and would rather use dkc's sword.

All the units i got however have better weapon options then swords and wouldnt really benefit using it. I also dont think we are going to get a lot of events with enemies weak to dark

Technically Delita falls under support really.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
1/2 pull gave me Soliel #7 :sigh:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Not sure if anyone has posted this, I haven't seen it if so, but here is the thing for the second week of this event:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Clown_of_Corruption

4* Trust Moogle, Fish, a decent robe which makes me wish any of my good magic users could use robes.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, screw that 2 esper evoke stuff.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

WOOOOOW. Now I see why these macros are so god drat frustrating.

Ran a macro last night that I could babysit...ran it for 2 hours with 0 issues.

Start it up when I get home from work today, fire it up, nothing but failures. This macro was one I recorded myself.

IF I run the recorded macro, it quits tapping the screen once the mission is cleared and never starts again...and YES before anyone asks, I DO HAVE THE MACRO SET TO REPLAY UNTIL I STOP IT

Also, my processor supports the VT poo poo, and it is already activated and the emulator just won't accept that fact and tells me to run it, all the time.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Not sure if anyone has posted this, I haven't seen it if so, but here is the thing for the second week of this event:

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Clown_of_Corruption

4* Trust Moogle, Fish, a decent robe which makes me wish any of my good magic users could use robes.

:lol: Kefka's completely immune to all elements except whichever one he gives himself -6000% resist to. Gumi does not want Orlandu/Fryevia/Olive/etc to be useful* with any consistency in this fight. He also removes all breaks from himself every turn before he acts. This fight looks really dumb but the rewards would be useful at least. Kinda want that robe too...

* Divine Ruination is non-elemental so Orlanu can still work as a chainer.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Doesn't Carbuncle make Graviga a OHKO attack? Given that there's a chance he'll use it every turn not only do you have to hope for esper charge RNG you also have to hope he just won't kill whoever has Carbuncle. Also -6000% resist makes me weary of how durable Kefka is going to be. It's probably going to be elemental whack-a-mole and everything else does jack poo poo damage.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

:lol: Kefka's completely immune to all elements except whichever one he gives himself -6000% resist to. Gumi does not want Orlandu/Fryevia/Olive/etc to be useful* with any consistency in this fight. He also removes all breaks from himself every turn before he acts. This fight looks really dumb but the rewards would be useful at least. Kinda want that robe too...

* Divine Ruination is non-elemental so Orlanu can still work as a chainer.

The idea of the fight is to wait around twiddling your thumbs until he casts Banishga then immediately 1-round him with 2x DR chain. You can work on pumping Esper meter in the meantime. Same strategy, different element if you have French Fries, Olive, etc.

Dockworker
Feb 22, 2011

Just you wait, the union is gonna hear about this.

hagie posted:

WOOOOOW. Now I see why these macros are so god drat frustrating.

Ran a macro last night that I could babysit...ran it for 2 hours with 0 issues.

Start it up when I get home from work today, fire it up, nothing but failures. This macro was one I recorded myself.

IF I run the recorded macro, it quits tapping the screen once the mission is cleared and never starts again...and YES before anyone asks, I DO HAVE THE MACRO SET TO REPLAY UNTIL I STOP IT

Also, my processor supports the VT poo poo, and it is already activated and the emulator just won't accept that fact and tells me to run it, all the time.

Did you unlock any new abilities on your espers /switch them up between recording and using your macro? I didn't train any of my espers during the egg event for this reason since I didn't want to make a new bear macro.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Dockworker posted:

Did you unlock any new abilities on your espers /switch them up between recording and using your macro? I didn't train any of my espers during the egg event for this reason since I didn't want to make a new bear macro.

This is my first foray into macro world, so I never set one up for egg farming.

This is a simple TM macro for Earth Shrine step 1 battle.

Set up battle screen with Earth Shrine already selected
Select bottom battle
Count to 5
Next
Count to 5
Choose top friend
Count to 5
Depart
Count to 5
Hit AUTO
let fight run it's course
Select next
Count to 5
Tap screen to progress from exp menu
Count to 10 or 15
Hit next

The counting is to allow for any lag Internet or performance wise. Worked perfectly last night while I was watching it, now it wants to be finicky.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Scrublord Prime posted:

Doesn't Carbuncle make Graviga a OHKO attack?

Put some dark resist gear on whoever has carbuncle.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I had thought about it since I posted that and was just going to bring Minfillia to negate the whole thing :v:

I'm secretly hoping Kefka's charm is also just confuse because Minfilia deals with that at the same time too and idk if anything else in this game has inflicted charm.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Amazon coins on sale. Up to 30% off the biggest bundle ($350 for $500 worth of coins):

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/67caw6/amazon_coins_50k_bundle_now_cost_only_350/

edit: CoD has innate +50% Dark resist.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna speedfarm another Save The Queen and see if I can blow him up with two non-elemental DR chains. It's gonna hurt my soul to fuse agrias though... she's gonna be really good at 6*.

• Locked thread