Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

The fact this is four separate images aggravates me more than it has any right to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Scorps posted:

If you think about it in reality though imagine you were out at a nice restaurant and a dude who was as brash and annoying as Ryuji was claiming he was a Phantom Thief. Seems like most people would just ignore it or assume he is trying to play himself up. I think that's actually part of the most interesting part, everyone assumes there are essentially super heroes out there but it's just a bunch of regular people banding together to cover each others weaknesses. Wow this game is going to make me have an existential crisis.

Pretty much, Ryuji's loud mouth isn't that much of an issue earlier on because, with a few notable exceptions, anyone who overhears him are just going to file it in their bulging "things that idiot teens say" folder and move on. Post-Dungeon 5 it's a bit more of a liability.

Oxxidation fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 24, 2017

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Scorps posted:

If you think about it in reality though imagine you were out at a nice restaurant and a dude who was as brash and annoying as Ryuji was claiming he was a Phantom Thief. Seems like most people would just ignore it or assume he is trying to play himself up. I think that's actually part of the most interesting part, everyone assumes there are essentially super heroes out there but it's just a bunch of regular people banding together to cover each others weaknesses. Wow this game is going to make me have an existential crisis.

Gotta be like MC drawing an immaculate rendition of the PT logo on his homeroom's chalkboard - hide in plain sight.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Eela6 posted:

At what point does this game start? My buddy and I are 2 hours into the game and so far we've watched about a half hour of anime, got lost in the Tokyo subway, and hung out with a cat on our way to school.

Neither of us has played a persona game so far. Does the 'real game' start up soon or is this pretty much how it goes?

I'm 15 hours into the game and the whole thing has been on rails basically so far. Unbelievable. I'm a Persona vet but they've really missed the mark with this one.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Transistor Rhythm posted:

I'm 15 hours into the game and the whole thing has been on rails basically so far. Unbelievable. I'm a Persona vet but they've really missed the mark with this one.

I'm curious what part of the game you're at, because I'd really struggle to describe where I was at 15 hours in on rails.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Are you sure you're playing Persona 5 my man?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Checks out

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

You're exaggerating a bit but chop that number in half and that's basically every Persona's intro since 3 - 5 isn't special in that regard. If you buy into the world it shouldn't be a chore.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

plz accept this offering of meeem

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

No memes

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

I too wonder just how Makoto gets her hair that way.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Rogue 7 posted:

It's legitimately a headband, the artbook says so.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rogue 7 posted:

It actually is a headband. The real question is how did she find a headband that matches her hair color exactly?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Saagonsa posted:

It actually is a headband. The real question is how did she find a headband that matches her hair color exactly?

It was originally a nice shade of teal. She glared at it until it changed into the color she wanted.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also why is there a headband that looks like braided hair?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Fashion

RME
Feb 20, 2012

it looks good

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dryzen posted:

No memes

memes

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

...Huh.

I mean, she's still Best Girl, but I legitimately did not expect that.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

All of you stop making fun of my precious son Mishima

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

it's a headband in as much as aigis' headband is one.

what i'm trying to say is -

beep boop

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It must be uncomfortable to have the elastic pulling into her throat all day. Even if it's not strong, it'd still be annoying.

unless, yknow

beep boop

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 24, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

That elastic at the bottom of the hairband kinda bothers me because I have no idea how it'd work without being visible. I mean it probably isn't, but still.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I feel personally attacked.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Mishima straight up says "kek" at one point.

Let's all think about that for a moment.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

The game definitely has several hours of hand holding because its a pretty big game with alot of different things to explain but by 15 hours you should be pretty firmly in the driver's seat.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

All of you stop making fun of my precious son Mishima

Legitimately my favorite part of the Zero Punctuation review of this game was that when he was saying how much he genuinely wanted to see what happened next with the plot, it was accompanied by an image of his cartoon avatar playing the game and saying "Oh Mishima you Nelly". Because it meant that he truly understood why this game is a good one, and that's dunking on Mishima whenever you have the chance.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I feel personally attacked.

Google the text if you want to lose your soul

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

It must be uncomfortable to have the elastic pulling into her throat all day. Even if it's not strong, it'd still be annoying.

unless, yknow

beep boop

It's where she gets all her anger from.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Circular hairbands go under the hair on the back of your head, guys. She's not wearing it like a party hat.

HellOnEarth fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Apr 24, 2017

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Yeah they are a real thing also, it just holds on underneath her hair on the back

https://www.amazon.com/CoolCos-Sythentic-Strands-Accessories-Headband/dp/B00QNE2WXU/

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Raxivace posted:

Mishima straight up says "kek" at one point.

Let's all think about that for a moment.

Yeah that owns

Futaba's reaction to it is pretty great too

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

HellOnEarth posted:

Circular hairbands go under the hair on the back of your head, guys. She's not wearing it like a party hat.

Clearly no one in this thread has ever worn an elastic headband.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
found a HUGE glaring plot hole

when sae is talking about kamoshida receiving the calling card it shows the one with the yusuke design on it, not the one with the lovely ryuji design. fuckign checkmate atlus get your poo poo together

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

my memes end here

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

MotU posted:

found a HUGE glaring plot hole

when sae is talking about kamoshida receiving the calling card it shows the one with the yusuke design on it, not the one with the lovely ryuji design. fuckign checkmate atlus get your poo poo together

The real ones are too expensive on ebay, she had to buy a knockoff commemorative one at the general store.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Scorps posted:

Yeah they are a real thing also, it just holds on underneath her hair on the back

https://www.amazon.com/CoolCos-Sythentic-Strands-Accessories-Headband/dp/B00QNE2WXU/

Makoto: Let's...not talk about that.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
My secret weakness has been discovered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Scorps posted:

Oh they're not rigid? That makes a lot more sense.