Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Baylor team chaplain is getting fired for having sex with a volleyball player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

pillsburysoldier posted:

Source your quotes.

Because :stare:

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Former Tennessee RB Jalen Hurd has transferred to Baylor.

lol

I lived in Knoxville at the time UT was recruiting him and everyone was super saiyan hype that the Vawls got him. What happened?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
He wanted to run out of an I form and we told him he would and then did it like 10 times in a bowl and it worked and we never did it again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

Source your quotes.

Because :stare:

It's kinda :geno: instead of :stare: at this point if true.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

pillsburysoldier posted:

Yikes

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

pillsburysoldier posted:

I know better than to doubt anything bad that comes out, but where is this coming from? All I can find about a Baylor Chaplain is that one is going to be on Fixer Upper tonight.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA Signee Dante Demerys was arrested for beating up his girlfriend last night after UGA's spring game. I hope Kirby Smart decides to do the right thing in this situation. No chance of he said she said, there were a few witnesses, so dude did it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA Signee Dante Demerys was arrested for beating up his girlfriend last night after UGA's spring game. I hope Kirby Smart decides to do the right thing in this situation. No chance of he said she said, there were a few witnesses, so dude did it.

Welcome to FAU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

General Dog posted:

I know better than to doubt anything bad that comes out, but where is this coming from? All I can find about a Baylor Chaplain is that one is going to be on Fixer Upper tonight.

Some baylor board

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

He's now in custody after being kinda sorta on the lam and being held on $75k bond. Utter schmuck.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

General Dog posted:

If he is having sex with a volleyball player on the show, Fixer Upper might be worth watching tonight

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Welcome to FAU OU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

AsInHowe posted:

If he is having sex with a volleyball player on the show, Fixer Upper might be worth watching tonight

Whether it's true or not, HGTV's viral marketing is on point.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Still waiting for the Property Brothers sex tape

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

General Dog posted:

Still waiting for the Property Brothers sex tape

Like with each other or with the one dudes wife oh God why am I even going down this path, it's all paved with shiplap.

In other news, UGA dropped that dude who beat up his girlfriend.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chip from fixer upper seems like a fun guy !

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

FizFashizzle posted:

Well that's kind of typical. Small schools use that to pay for their programs, and big schools use it to buy a win before conference season starts.

But app state are giant killers. They nearly beat Tennessee last season.

It's noteworthy because they only payed 300k in 2013

General Dog posted:

Whether it's true or not, HGTV's viral marketing is on point.

I'll assume any relationship I have is dead when we start watching HGTV together, unlike episodes of chopped, which are romantic

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Ehud posted:

Chip from fixer upper seems like a fun guy !

Fixer Upper has surpassed the Davidian siege as the first thing people bring up when I mention I'm from Waco, I'm just praying Chip can keep it in his pants and they don't turn into Jon and Kate Gosselin.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Joanna cheats first, I'm sure of it.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

angryrobots posted:

Joanna cheats first, I'm sure of it.

She is insanely hot so I'm sure she's got a billion options.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

General Dog posted:

Fixer Upper has surpassed the Davidian siege as the first thing people bring up when I mention I'm from Waco, I'm just praying Chip can keep it in his pants and they don't turn into Jon and Kate Gosselin.

It's either tabloid scandal, or a Duck Dynasty style scandal.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

pillsburysoldier posted:

weak poo poo at this point

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Thermos H Christ posted:

I mean yeah Oklahoma in general is fairly offensive to native Americans in that we forced a bunch of them to leave their ancestral homelands and resettle in a place so lovely that we've still never even bothered to steal it back from them.

Hey, uh, we kinda did. That's where the whole "Boomer" and "Sooner" things come from.

It was just so lovely we stole it back from them after having stolen all the other land available first.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

KKKLIP ART posted:

I assume Gov. Smart can just pardon him

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hooooooooooo boy :stare:

Remember when Taggart's strength guy at Oregon got suspended for a month for giving players rhabdomyolysis? Remember how he apologized for it in January and supported the school suspending the strength coach? Now he's done a full 180

quote:

“We know we didn’t do anything to try to hurt our kids. We’d done [the same program] everywhere we’ve been and never had a problem,” Taggart said. “I think our guys just overworked themselves and didn’t hydrate. … They were trying to impress the new coaches.”

He maintains that media accounts at the time mischaracterized the nature of the workouts and believes neither he nor Oderinde acted improperly.

fuckin' kids just needed to drink more water

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

Remember when Taggart's strength guy at Oregon got suspended for a month for giving players rhabdomyolysis? Remember how he apologized for it in January and supported the school suspending the strength coach? Now he's done a full 180

sounds like they're not at Champion level hydration. needs to borrow Herman's piss chart

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I still don't understand how you can give kids rhabdo and keep your job as an S&C coach. And now it's happened twice in 6 years with big programs.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I mean, i'm sure they didn't intentionally harm the kids, but come the gently caress on, Willie.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I still don't understand how you can give kids rhabdo and keep your job as an S&C coach. And now it's happened twice in 6 years with big programs.

lots of snake bites?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DJExile posted:

Need to follow Jabrill's example!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Grittybeard posted:

Kirk didn't just keep him, he made up an "assistant coach of the year" award, gave it to the strength coach that season, and has never given it out ever again.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Auburn's 24/7 page says Tuberville has decided not to run for Alabama governor

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/uniwatch/status/856932527709270016

This thing that coincides with the greatest period of sustained success in the history of the program is actually bad and holding it back.

Willie Taggart seems like he might actually be bad

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

jesus :stare:

I get wanting to create your own identity as a new coach with a program but goddamn, Willie. making GBS threads all over your upper classmen isn't a great way to do that

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
These kids today, that work for free while I make literal millions off their sweat, they get too much and they need to earn what they get through hard work because, again, we don't pay them so they can't actually buy the stuff. We will accomplish all of this by trying to actually kill them with workouts devised by failed retards plucked from local Crossfit gyms.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

DJExile posted:

jesus :stare:

I get wanting to create your own identity as a new coach with a program but goddamn, Willie. making GBS threads all over your upper classmen isn't a great way to do that

better than hospitalizing them I guess

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

workouts devised by failed retards plucked from local Crossfit gyms.

oh christ yeah this is coming soon enough, isn't it?

BRUH!! BRUH! THIS SENIOR LINEMAN JUST TOTES CRUSHED HIS WOD, BRUH!
*cell phone video of lineman doing lovely form kipping pullups or whatever they're called*

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

QB Jack Allison transfering from Miami. He's red shirted last year, and seemed to be 3rd or even 4th string this spring behind two guys with no other P5 offers.

Looks like true freshman Perry will be miami's QB next year, because the rest of these dudes have sucked in the spring. Miami is going to have an AMAZING defense, and has a poo poo ton of good skill guys on offense, but no one to give the ball to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT might also be starting a true freshman but everyone's really pumped about him so that's cool, too. It'll either be him or a rFr but Fuente is a QB guy so I'm honestly not particularly worried about that position anymore. Usually coaches like that (played QB, coached QB, etc) make those positions amazing and all indications are after the spring game that VT's very much in a good spot no matter who gets the call.

VT might surprise again this year. Losing a QB like Evans and 2 quality WRs in Hodges and Ford is big but there's a bunch of young skill talent with Cam Phillips being the experienced senior and the D looks to be very good albeit very thin at a few positions. Miami will be the preseason pick but if Fuente can work some magic again it wouldn't shock me at all to see VT playing FSU in Charlotte.

• Locked thread