Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this is the only Roy video game character I'm interested in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Spacebump posted:

I loved making videos of wins in goon races. This reminds me, who is going to set up the goon room(s) online? Last time we had two (iirc) one with default settings and one with crazier power ups. The default was by far the most popular and only one that held large #s of goons a few months post launch.

MKTV and the video clip editing is still in. Just no way of sharing them yet.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

eonwe posted:

this is the only Roy video game character I'm interested in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as

So when will this be on the Switch? Can't wait to Roy on the go.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

eonwe posted:

why what does this mean

i know she has like wrist issues

is that why

i jump to that because I have really bad joints and PC has been the only thing I could stand to play more than 30 minutes, with the exception being 3DS and now Switch

Contortions on the iQue murdered her hands. Now, she can play video games again.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Empress Brosephine posted:

Even my Wii did that for me did you just get a new tv

Did they release a later revision of the Wii with HDMI?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Lol at loving your hands up for life at 18

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Takoluka posted:

Contortions on the iQue murdered her hands. Now, she can play video games again.

:( drat that iQue

RME
Feb 20, 2012

when does puyo puyo tetris drop on esho

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Empress Brosephine posted:

Even my Wii did that for me did you just get a new tv

Your wii did not have sleep mode or instant on games

I did not just get a new TV but I just realized that turning off my TV put the Switch in sleep mode and that is cool.

It's cool even if you are a butt.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

RME posted:

when does puyo puyo tetris drop on esho

Someone said midnight eastern time.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

The Bloop posted:

I did not just get a new TV but I just realized that turning off my TV put the Switch in sleep mode and that is cool.

My friend has an issue with it freezing when he did this, so I just put it to sleep myself (plus I do other things on the TV after).

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Someone said midnight eastern time.

good
was hoping it wasnt like midday tomorrow

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Finally transferred all of my Miis from the U to Switch. I wish it was as fast as going from Wii to U and am kind of shocked there is no mass transfer option. At least I have Hank Hill ready to go for Mario Kart.

It feels like my Wii U is way slower at loading VC games than it used to be. Edit: The whole system seems to be running way slower than it used to, even the home button took longer.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Apr 24, 2017

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

So when will this be on the Switch? Can't wait to Roy on the go.

I'm not sure, but if you own a VR headset you can buy Rick and Morty Virtual-Rickality and you can play the knockoff version 'Troy.'

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Spacebump posted:

Finally transferred all of my Miis from the U to Switch. I wish it was as fast as going from Wii to U and am kind of shocked there is no mass transfer option. At least I have Hank Hill ready to go for Mario Kart.

It feels like my Wii U is way slower at loading VC games than it used to be. Edit: The whole system seems to be running way slower than it used to, even the home button took longer.

Nah it's just as slow as it always was we all got used to it. Now we're in Switch land where the OS does a simple quick job so the Wii U's badness really stands out.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

eonwe posted:

I'm not sure, but if you own a VR headset you can buy Rick and Morty Virtual-Rickality and you can play the knockoff version 'Troy.'

Can I hold the Switch up real close to my face instead?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mega64 posted:

Don't hold the Switch real close to your face

Hold it real close to your heart

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Cheeto posted:

Don't hold the Switch real close to your face

Hold it real close to your heart

Why not both

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I sleep with my Switch next to me so what

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I sleep with my Switch next to me so what

On the nightstand with the charger at hand

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

The Bloop posted:

Why not both

I mean the joycons detach for a reason

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
So the rule of thumb with non-Nintendo games on the Eshop is 9AM on Tuesday, right? Cause I should would like Puyo Puyo Tetris as soon as humanly possible!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mega64 posted:

You should buy 3 switches and just mount them in front of your face

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fancy Hat! posted:

So the rule of thumb with non-Nintendo games on the Eshop is 9AM on Tuesday, right? Cause I should would like Puyo Puyo Tetris as soon as humanly possible!

thats a good av

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kirios posted:

Lol at loving your hands up for life at 18

lol if you haven't broken several bones in your body and developed chronic illnesses solely from video games

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fancy Hat! posted:

9PM PST tonight for Puyo Puyo my bruh

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Guys it's true, Target seems to be getting trickle shipments, because I was just able to grab a grey joycon Switch a few minutes ago!

It was from a mall in one of the five boroughs in NYC even!

TerraGoetia
Feb 21, 2011

A cup of spiders.
I tried plugging my pro controller into my pc; it wasn't working off the wire. No Blue Tooth on this PC, so I can't test it wireless. Then again, my XB1 controller isn't working wired either, so something might be hosed up on my end.

FiestaDePantalones
May 13, 2005

Kicked in the pants by TFLC
So your Switch was stolen promptly after that photo?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

FiestaDePantalones posted:

So your Switch was stolen promptly after that photo?

If I had stayed in the South Bronx waving it openly around like a douche, yeah

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Binary Badger posted:

Guys it's true, Target seems to be getting trickle shipments, because I was just able to grab a grey joycon Switch a few minutes ago!

It was from a mall in one of the five boroughs in NYC even!

Best color right there.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TerraGoetia posted:

I tried plugging my pro controller into my pc; it wasn't working off the wire. No Blue Tooth on this PC, so I can't test it wireless. Then again, my XB1 controller isn't working wired either, so something might be hosed up on my end.

I don't think it's possible for a Switch pro controller to work that way. You need Bluetooth.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
What's the release date on Disgaea 5 for NA? I still don't get why it's coming out so late.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

well I mean he's been banned from every Rock Band thread in existence so that says a lot. how do you get so uppity over a plastic instrument game

are they really selling for THAT much? ebay has some for like 200 dollars which is beyond insane.

$250-300. Going to wait till Thursday and throw it up. Not a whole Switch, but drat if it doesn't make it cheaper

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What's more slick? Red or blue joycons? If I get red I'll also get the red grip as well to be slick times two

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What's more slick? Red or blue joycons? If I get red I'll also get the red grip as well to be slick times two

Tips for your decision: The red ones are more light and peachy than they look in pictures, while the blue ones are more deep and tealish.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Has anyone bought the red comfort grip? It looks like it might be more red than the joycons.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Dizz posted:

What's the release date on Disgaea 5 for NA? I still don't get why it's coming out so late.

Middle of next month iirc

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Dr. VooDoo posted:

they're both nice but the red is definitely more "neon" than the blue

also lol at the suckers who could only get grey joycons and have had to convince themselves that grey is better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

strap on revenge posted:

they're both nice but the red is definitely more "neon" than the blue

also lol at the suckers who could only get grey joycons and have had to convince themselves that grey is better

Lol at the people who could only get the ugly mismatched Switch and had to convince themselves it was better.

• Locked thread