Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Guilty Gear Xrd/Revelator and King of Fighters 14 are my picks, they're my favorites right now.

Injustice is ironically my least favorite of the 3 NRS games, mainly because it just seemed imbalanced as gently caress. I'm hoping with mechanics like the evasion meterburn in this one along with whatever they learned in MKX will provide a better balance.

I thought the patches improved the balance drastically. Sure, Batgirl, Superman, Deathstroke and Scorpion were still really annoying to fight, but not impossible to conquer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I thought the patches improved the balance drastically. Sure, Batgirl, Superman, Deathstroke and Scorpion were still really annoying to fight, but not impossible to conquer.

Aquaman and Martian Manhunter were royal pains in the rear end.

Scorpion's teleport was a good reminder about why MK games had a button for block. Injustice, not so much

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I have a feeling Injustice 2 will be unbalanced from the get go because, ya know, Superman.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Every NRS game is a marked improvement over the previous one by quite a bit, and from what I have seen and talked to about with people with extended time with the game Injustice 2 going to keep following that trend.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wanderer posted:

Play MKX. A lot of the characters in Injustice 2 are partially inspired by various MK characters (i.e. Sonya and Black Canary), so you'd be getting a bit of a leg up.

I'm pretty done with MKX at this point after having played over 6000 matches. I wish Tekken 7 wasn't coming out in June, i'm not going to care unless Injustice 2 really drops the ball, but I honestly don't think it will.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was so into Injustice and worked really hard at improving my Bane until a guy came into the SA thread and said "who's the most annoying spammy character I can make people mad with" and then 6 hours later crushed me with Deathstroke in a random match by spamming.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Beating scorpion was super easy though, you just had to slowly walk towards him and then punish when he got frustrated and tried a special.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

I was so into Injustice and worked really hard at improving my Bane until a guy came into the SA thread and said "who's the most annoying spammy character I can make people mad with" and then 6 hours later crushed me with Deathstroke in a random match by spamming.

if he was just using pistol spam you can block then dash, rinse repeat until you can grab him but yeah that's annoying. Good news though, Bane now has venom super armor poo poo / meter burns that completely blow through anything and everything Juggernaut style, and also has a fullscreen tremor super that was absolutely designed to say "gently caress you" to zoners. It's possibly the greatest super given to a grappler in fighting game history simply because it's the pure antithesis of your greatest weakness.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

MinibarMatchman posted:

if he was just using pistol spam you can block then dash, rinse repeat until you can grab him but yeah that's annoying.

Nah, despite deliberately trolling he obviously knew when to strike and I couldn't get in at all, it completely broke my fighting spirit.

quote:

Good news though, Bane now has venom super armor poo poo / meter burns that completely blow through anything and everything Juggernaut style,

Didn't he already have this in the first game? I loved pumping up and meter burning the charge attack. Newbs straight up never took the armor into account and got elbow dropped.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Nah, despite deliberately trolling he obviously knew when to strike and I couldn't get in at all, it completely broke my fighting spirit.

Didn't he already have this in the first game? I loved pumping up and meter burning the charge attack. Newbs straight up never took the armor into account and got elbow dropped.

You could burn a charge attack in the first game but a lot of his toolset just seems to hit a lot harder and faster. That plus the evasive roll gets you in to toss people faster. Some of the combos and attacks when pumped up are legit the strongest in the game now; the stream with Bane showcased some frightening poo poo he can do once he can get close.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I know for a fact that being juiced gave Bane 1-hit super armor on all his specials in the first game, is what I'm saying. But I'm glad to hear my boy's been buffed. It was pretty great deciding to main him in the first game and having every single patch buff him in some way, even if he never reached the top tier. He was soooo slow at launch.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the brain man cometh

https://twitter.com/InjusticeGame/status/856508047178448897

edit: youtube version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWUOu_lawBc

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Apr 24, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

He looks cool. I like the looks of those tentacle normals.

Any guesses to his trait?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

He looks cool. I like the looks of those tentacle normals.

Any guesses to his trait?

Gotta be his little drone buddy.

Looks like a combination of D'Vorah's buttons and Sonya's drone variation. That loving divekick is going to be in every combo.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I gotta say, Brainiac wasn't really on my radar at all as someone I'd want to play, but his tentacle stuff looks pretty cool and I definitely want to give him a shot after seeing him in action. Much more interesting than I expected

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm really hoping for a Shao Kahn style boss version of Brainiac (or darkseid!) since the final boss from the last 2 games was so underwhelming

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm really hoping for a Shao Kahn style boss version of Brainiac (or darkseid!) since the final boss from the last 2 games was so underwhelming

Brainiac could easily have some big monster boss form or something, but I wouldn't expect much more than what we've seen I guess.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Braininac's super is amazing :black101:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Those Braniac soldiers are disturbing

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Jimmy Hats posted:

They could always go with the Darkseid with Brainiac tech from the end of Justice League Unlimited.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you want a non-player character for a big boss, you could always go Anti-Monitor.

Random character select icon should just be Clayface, and then he transforms into a random character.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

MinibarMatchman posted:

Random character select icon should just be Clayface, and then he transforms into a random character.

This is too good of an idea to ever actually happen.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Braininac's super is amazing :black101:

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Those Braniac soldiers are disturbing

:same:

Brainiac seems pretty great, extra hype for Darkseid now.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/856596629742391296

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Boxing glove arrow confirmed!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

In partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, the Injustice 2 live stream will include special appearances by Echo Kellum, star of The CW’s Arrow, DC Entertainment Publisher Jim Lee, Nerdist News host Jessica Chobot, Machinima host Chloe Dykstra, and legendary programmer and NetherRealm Studios Creative Director Ed Boon, all to celebrate the forthcoming super-powered sequel to the hit game Injustice: Gods Among Us. DC All Access personalities Jason Inman, Whitney Moore and Hector Navarro will host the event.

Featuring exclusive character reveals and gameplay footage, writer Tom Taylor will also join to discuss the new INJUSTICE 2 prequel comic inspired by the upcoming game. The newest game in development from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains and allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favorite DC characters.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/04/24/dc-all-access-celebrates-upcoming-release-of-injustice-2-with-must-watch-live-stream?sf72899521=1

Please one of those be Red Hood.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Please don't.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In order to assure that everyone is unhappy it will be Red Hood but will actually be the old school cape-and-a-dome-helm Red Hood who is voiced by Mark Hamill but whose identity will be a closely guarded secret, though his fighting style of throwing cards, acid flowers and booby traps may seem oddly familiar...

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Twist ending they go further and reveal red hood to actually be hulked out joker from the end of Arkham Asylum as a premium Bane skin wearing a red trash can he got stuck on his head

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I hope it's just an undecipherable knot of convoluted half thought character reveals that pays off with the wettest fart

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

HebrewMagic posted:

I hope it's just an undecipherable knot of convoluted half thought character reveals that pays off with the wettest fart

Here is someone that won't be disappointed on Friday.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

My icon is my swtor character, I'm used to making the most of disappointment

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

It isn't super noticeable but last boss Superman was definitely more powerful than regular Superman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

It isn't super noticeable but last boss Superman was definitely more powerful than regular Superman.

Really, in what ways? just pure stats or did he actually have different move gimmicks?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
It was pure stats, yeah. Was still really lame.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
End bosses in fighting games should always be overpowered cheating bastards that require 20 tries to beat, IMO. The first time I beat shao kahn in MK9 just ran away and dodged his poo poo until he'd taunt and then I'd uppercut him because ???kombos??? lmbo

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I was super disappointed at how easily I beat Doomsday in Story mode. I don't know if he had stat buffs or not, but he definitely should've been much harder. They build him up so much and then it's just like, oh, this is a normal fight.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What if it's Mr. Terrific? Best of both worlds -- no one cares AND DT doesn't get what he wants

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

End bosses in fighting games should always be overpowered cheating bastards that require 20 tries to beat, IMO. The first time I beat shao kahn in MK9 just ran away and dodged his poo poo until he'd taunt and then I'd uppercut him because ???kombos??? lmbo

Man, you must love the King of Fighters games. Those bosses are nightmarish.

omg chael crash posted:

What if it's Mr. Terrific? Best of both worlds -- no one cares AND DT doesn't get what he wants

Mr. Terrific would have been a good choice if Batman didn't already completely steal his drone orb ability.

I'm prepared to change my icon and text to reflext my Red Hood toxx, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

cheev list out

https://www.trueachievements.com/n27694/injustice-2-achievement-list-revealed

No shocker Joker confirmed. Rumour of story mode branching paths confirmed as well.

Without knowing the hidden trophies, seems like an easy enough plat.

• Locked thread