Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

TTerrible posted:

ijyt and panascope.

Rack em

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Leperflesh posted:

I think in one of the previous death threads you posted a youtube video of some weird (drone?) metal. It was just two people, a dude and a lady, and the lady was on drums. It was like a long piece, 10+ minutes, and I liked it but I can't find it now, I've forgotten what they were called.

Wolvserpent (possibly my favorite band of all time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qODOpjoKeg8

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

panascope posted:

How many people buy cars the day before the new models launch? Should they get a refund too? That they're offering some sort of refund just shows that Games Workshop is really striving to make the best game possible with a dedication to user experience.

Not many cars melt into a useless pile of trash when the new model comes out.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Offering reimbursement is good. It's also an admission that they're at fault for doing something lovely, and that's also a big change for the better.

But they still did the lovely thing, their band-aid on the problem isn't enough, and they should just stop doing the lovely thing. It's as easy as announcing externally as soon as the decision is made internally to obsolete a current product. Which other companies do, proving it's possible.

releasing a new product is not lovely lmao

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

do people in here have the basic concept of what a business is

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Avenging Dentist posted:

Wolvserpent (possibly my favorite band of all time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qODOpjoKeg8

Ah yeah I believe this is the stuff! Thank you.

In return, may I recommend the obscure, short-lived, but excellent H.P. Lovecraft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sowz2Ww_JA8

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

ijyt posted:

releasing a new product is not lovely lmao

Just keep on willfully ignoring the point, it's good

everyone can see how smart you are

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Just keep on willfully ignoring the point, it's good

everyone can see how smart you are

You have no point, GW is good.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
dude

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

TTerrible posted:

Its the absolute bare minimum they could do.

Also lol at believing that offering a refund is "the bare minimum they could do"

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
yeah it's not really sufficient but they've definitely proven they can, in fact, do less

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

:vince:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also lol at believing that offering a refund is "the bare minimum they could do"

I'm not even sure what you mean, honestly.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

TTerrible posted:

11th March 2017: Gathering Storm - Rise of the Primarch is released.

22nd April 2017:

Forty two days.

One bitten, twice the whale income.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

doing nothing is still doing

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

TTerrible posted:

ijyt posted:

doing nothing is still doing

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Oh right yeah. I guess I should rephrase it.

It's the bare minimum they could do to even start to appear to not be giant shitlords.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Age of the Emperor is happening now, right? Last I heard, Guilliman is back and has declared himself emergency dictator of the Imperium, Cadia blew up, and Creed got nabbed by Trazyn in a pokeball.

And if this new edition is officially cutting off backwards compatibility with everything before it, what armies are currently available? Space Marines and......

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Age of the Emperor is happening now, right? Last I heard, Guilliman is back and has declared himself emergency dictator of the Imperium, Cadia blew up, and Creed got nabbed by Trazyn in a pokeball.

And if this new edition is officially cutting off backwards compatibility with everything before it, what armies are currently available? Space Marines and......

All the armies are still around. No one cared about Creed or Cadia

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

TheChirurgeon posted:

All the armies are still around. No one cared about Creed or Cadia

Let him jack off furiously to his death thread fantasies

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Let him jack off furiously to his death thread fantasies

lol guess we should all throw ourselves into the sea after getting owned so hard.

Hey when was the last Brettonia release?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Bad Moon posted:

Hey when was the last Brettonia release?

I don't understand what this was intended to do

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Well if there was going to be a fantasy then dead armies are gonna get a new release

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

He's just angry and lashing out. Let him cry himself out

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
They said all the armies would still be around after AoS too. That doesn't mean that all armies will have the same level of support they currently do, though. For instance, they might merge Eldar, Dark Eldar, and Harlequins and then retire a bunch of the range. Trimming the range a bit is probably something that needs to be done, but that doesn't guarantee that GW will do it well or that they won't piss people off.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

store credit isnt quite a refund, but i guess its nice that you essentially get a free box of 5-10 mans to go along with your useless rules and mediocre official fanfic. at least coming from noted curmudgeons game workshop

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

I think you and I had very different expectations of GW because this definitely exceeded mine

As a former kindergarten age teacher I should mention ~purely hypothetically~ even if your personal expectation for a particular child is "has she peed on me this week y/n?" You aren't supposed to grade 6 year olds on a curve.

Man, I don't miss it.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hixson posted:

He's just angry and lashing out. Let him cry himself out

You're not my real wargaming dad

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Eifert Posting posted:

As a former kindergarten age teacher I should mention ~purely hypothetically~ even if your personal expectation for a particular child is "has she peed on me this week y/n?" You aren't supposed to grade 6 year olds on a curve.

Man, I don't miss it.

I actually don't expect any gaming company to offer refunds on obsolete rulebooks, particularly if they were sold through brick-and-mortar stores, and I can't recall seeing a company do it before now, so while my expectations were low for GW, they also weren't any higher for anyone else

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MFVhqcRpN4

40kers should just get on the right stuff and listen to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard until it's all over

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

TheChirurgeon posted:

I actually don't expect any gaming company to offer refunds on obsolete rulebooks, particularly if they were sold through brick-and-mortar stores, and I can't recall seeing a company do it before now, so while my expectations were low for GW, they also weren't any higher for anyone else

most gaming companies don't release new rulebooks just before obsoleting them, is the thing

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TheChirurgeon posted:

Battlefront is doing this right now for Flames of War v4, with even older rules, and offering free conversion books to cover lists in the theatres of war expansion books.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

most gaming companies don't release new rulebooks just before obsoleting them, is the thing

youll have to forgive him, im pretty sure gw is all he knows

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

I guess? Not as up on the history of other companies in the space. iirc it happened with DnD 4th edition, but I don't remember what they did there. Not sure how long a window is "correct" for stopping current releases when the plan is to completely rework the game rules. Seems like this is one of the better options out of a bad set of possible options for them, though.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

youll have to forgive him, im pretty sure gw is all he knows

nah, I play other games

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

NTRabbit posted:

Battlefront is doing this right now for Flames of War v4, with even older rules, and offering free conversion books to cover lists in the theatres of war expansion books.

doing refunds on purchased books, or just giving out free rules?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TheChirurgeon posted:

doing refunds on purchased books, or just giving out free rules?

Free replacements

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
You'd think with all the new material this thread could be funny but nope, bitter sperging all the way down.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Why would you ever even consider other games when GW is around?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

NTRabbit posted:

Free replacements

ah, cool.

Hixson posted:

Why would you ever even consider other games when GW is around?

X-Wing is pretty rad, though it seems like Fantasy Flight is in the process of ruining it

• Locked thread