Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pollyanna posted:

His Japanese voice actor is loving top notch so that will be some big shoes to fill.

I don't know if English Ryuji is better but he is very good.

Both among the best performances in their respective dubs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Jesus, how do you get hold of ultimate weapons?

Put a bunch of upper-tier Personas in the electric chair. I think Makoto's god-gun is from Metatron? Joker has a +5-to-everything gun. The Crystal Skulls turn into +5-to-everything accessories, if you can bother getting hold of one before the final day.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
YOU CAN WATCH THE SHOPPING CHANNEL FROM THE DOWNSTAIRS TV IN CASE YOU WENT INTO THE PALACE THAT DAY. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

That's how I always do it

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I've never played any of these games and I'm only like 25% weeb, will I enjoy? I'm going traveling around for Golden Week soon so I was thinking about buying Persona 4 for Vita before I drop $60 on this.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I've never played any of these games and I'm only like 25% weeb, will I enjoy? I'm going traveling around for Golden Week soon so I was thinking about buying Persona 4 for Vita before I drop $60 on this.

It's a critic's darling for a reason, and even seasoned anti-JRPG people like Yahtzee seemed to like it. There's no reason to play the older games first either.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

lol this Reaper trick is very silly.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Mr E posted:

lol this Reaper trick is very silly.

WOW You Won't Believe What This Japanese Videogame Has to Say About the Power of Depression!!!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

wizard on a water slide posted:

WOW You Won't Believe What This Japanese Videogame Has to Say About the Power of Depression!!!

Kotaku HATES it!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

What's with this horseshit of Sunday not always being a shopping channel day, regardless of when I watch the TV?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Anime is bad.

And yet, this game is good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Night Blade posted:

Kotaku HATES it!
Incidentally, Kotaku has convinced me to buy the art book (the suit-and-tie look for Ann rocks)

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
How much good stuff comes from the result of fixing the laptop, I've bought one or two things just wondering if there is something majorly awesome at some yen total or trophy or if it is largely ignorable.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Scorps posted:

How much good stuff comes from the result of fixing the laptop, I've bought one or two things just wondering if there is something majorly awesome at some yen total or trophy or if it is largely ignorable.

an old friend gives you lots of good stuff, actually

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Was I just really bad at Persona when I was younger or is Persona 5 a lot easier than 3 and 4? Just beat the game and the final bosses were a breeze, compared to the boss of Palace 7 were I was actually in a little bit of trouble. Thanks to my Personas Yoshitsune (damage), Lucifer (debuffs), Attis (heals and magic) and Cybele (other heals and magic).

4 especially I was having a really hard time managing SP and staying on track with the level curve while others were apparently breezing by as if the Fox costs meant nothing to them.

Maybe it helped that for this game I followed a Confidant guide - not for scheduling, just for saying the right thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's way easier to manage your SP in this game and also the eprsona fusion systems are way friendlier, but p4 and p3 weren't really that hard.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph posted:

it's way easier to manage your SP in this game and also the eprsona fusion systems are way friendlier, but p4 and p3 weren't really that hard.

P3's midbosses can loving piss off and die though. It does not take them long to start smashing you with some nasty things.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Persona 3 could be difficult even outside of situations where the enemy just loving ends you because you got ambushed

That was mostly due to the inability to directly control party members though.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Holy poo poo this request boss in Mementos with the party wide brainwash debuff seems way the gently caress out of place at this point. :argh:

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

cheetah7071 posted:

Persona 3 could be difficult even outside of situations where the enemy just loving ends you because you got ambushed

That was mostly due to the inability to directly control party members though.

I still have nightmares about Mitsuru using Marin Karin instead of healing the protagonist because????

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Furnaceface posted:

Holy poo poo this request boss in Mementos with the party wide brainwash debuff seems way the gently caress out of place at this point. :argh:
my strategy: He's weak to ice so if you bring in Yusuke and you have Bufu on your MC you can pretty much lock him down. Makoto also has a party brainwash ending spell if she manages to dodge it. Using the MC to stun him and baton passing to Yusuke so he can use his physical skill that gets stronger on baton pass was my solution.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever

bewilderment posted:

Was I just really bad at Persona when I was younger or is Persona 5 a lot easier than 3 and 4? Just beat the game and the final bosses were a breeze, compared to the boss of Palace 7 were I was actually in a little bit of trouble. Thanks to my Personas Yoshitsune (damage), Lucifer (debuffs), Attis (heals and magic) and Cybele (other heals and magic).

imo if you go out of your way to fuse Yoshitsune you don't get to complain about the last boss being a breeze (i also fused Yoshitsune, man that last boss was a breeze).

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

arisu posted:

imo if you go out of your way to fuse Yoshitsune you don't get to complain about the last boss being a breeze (i also fused Yoshitsune, man that last boss was a breeze).

Even if I didn't have Yoshitsune I'd still have other cool dudes and Ryuji would still exist and have God's Hand. Hassou Tobi means I get through the trash battles just fine but even the bosses were just eh. First round of every battle was Debilitate on the boss.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wait, so the person who designed Sojiro's curry was Futaba's mom?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Xarbala posted:

Wait, so the person who designed Sojiro's curry was Futaba's mom?

This seems to be the suggestion, though he probably added to it over the years.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This seems to be the suggestion, though he probably added to it over the years.

Nope, explicitly stated by Sojrio. He brought her curry, and she improved the hell out of the recipe into what it is today.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

the world lost a great mind on so many levels

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Xarbala posted:

the world lost a great mind on so many levels

Think of all the other curry recipes that were taken from us by Goro

Unforgivable.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

she's here already

https://twitter.com/amiamihobbynews/status/856719251402498048

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Can she go somewhere else?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

She's gonna roll an ankle trying to land a jump like that in those boots.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
too many zipper

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Where is Makoto popping a wheelie

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that figurine is $125

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Count Bleck posted:

I still have nightmares about Mitsuru using Marin Karin instead of healing the protagonist because????

Three reasons:

1. He had too much HP for her AI to focus on healing by default
2. She was set to Act Freely rather than Heal/Support
3. The enemy was susceptible to Charm

This isn't some big mystery.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

corn on the cop posted:

that figurine is $125

Welcome to anime my friend.

Im tempted to get the art book. And the P5 tarot cards should they ever get smart and release them. :argh:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dragonatrix posted:

Three reasons:

1. He had too much HP for her AI to focus on healing by default
2. She was set to Act Freely rather than Heal/Support
3. The enemy was susceptible to Charm

This isn't some big mystery.

4. gently caress you, love Atlus

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Not being able to switch Yukari to heal/support because you got knocked down is one of life's simple pleasures

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
why would you set her to anything else

the main bugbear in the p3 ai teamates is that they understand the affinity a boss has if you analyze them even though to you it just reads as ???. this and just not using tactics is what leads her to doing dumb poo poo like mind charge into ice break

darealkooky fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

darealkooky posted:

why would you set her to anything else

because it's a random encounter weak to wind or pierce and you're at full health and you aren't expecting to be crit