Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Wha wha what?? Other people have seen the 90's Flash tv show? I swear to god, sometimes I assume that I am more insane than I actually am, and that I dreamed it up because nobody ever goddamn believes me. It was only on for a short year, right? And he was constantly eating a dozen pizzas?

Nobody ever understand the greatest American Hero or Tales of the gold monkey either. I was starting to get really depressed and assume that my entire childhood was some kind of acid dream.

I was singing along when Cas sang the theme song to "Greatest American hero" to the baby on Supernatural and my boyfriend looked at me like WTF, did you watch this already? It's brand new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoggPickle posted:

Wha wha what?? Other people have seen the 90's Flash tv show? I swear to god, sometimes I assume that I am more insane than I actually am, and that I dreamed it up because nobody ever goddamn believes me. It was only on for a short year, right? And he was constantly eating a dozen pizzas?

You mean that show that has been heavily referenced by this one and has even had several cast members show up?

Nah, nobody's seen that poo poo.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Yep no one's seen it. Just like no one has ever tried to read a DoggPickle post and gone :stare:

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
In fairness, despite it being referenced a lot, if you didn't know the 90s show existed everything they've shown on the new Flash would still make sense. The glimpse of the other 90's Flash while Barry was time traveling (?) to 90's Flash actually being a real thing in this new Flash show is fine without the context of there being an old show. It's a nice nod for old fans, but let's face it, a large percentage of this forum has grown up and are in their 30s and the "target demographic" for this show probably wasn't even conceived in 1990.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yep no one's seen it. Just like no one has ever tried to read a DoggPickle post and gone :stare:

QUIT STALKING MY POSTS WHEN I SAID I LOVED YOU I MEANT PLATONICALLY

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Rhyno posted:

QUIT STALKING MY POSTS WHEN I SAID I LOVED YOU I MEANT PLATONICALLY

We're the one-true-pairing like Barry and Iris, so one of us is Iris and we'll have to (not) get killed by Savitar. Dibs on Iris since I don't want to be a mass-murderer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Longbaugh01 posted:

We're the one-true-pairing like Barry and Iris, so one of us is Iris and we'll have to (not) get killed by Savitar. Dibs on Iris since I don't want to be a mass-murderer.

FINE

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yeah speaking of this...if Thawne ceased to exist, and all versions of him will eventually cease to exist, then why don't things like the Time Vault cease to exist if it was only Thawne who would have constructed them...though I guess the same goes for the entire Particle Accelerator, unless original Wells was going to build one anyway.

speed force hypertime I ain't gotta explain poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Longbaugh01 posted:

I still don't know why he has turdfuzz's avatar and it's really bugging me

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Dammit, I'm not a poo poo-poster. :black101: Once you make a mistake and get painted with that brush, it just devolves so fast.

At least someone got me. I was just kidding. Of course a lot of people here are familiar with old-rear end tv shows, but most of the normal people that I know have no clue what I'm talking about. That was my point :sigh:

And I only have the gorilla because someone gave it to me while I was playing SA survivor, and dude got mad he was LOSING to a girl :laffo: . After 15+ years, I'm not buying new avatars anymore. Certainly not every time some basement troll has a hissy fit.

I LOVE this show. It's probably in my top 3 for every week. I'm definitely tired of Iris though.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoggPickle posted:

Dammit, I'm not a poo poo-poster. :black101: Once you make a mistake and get painted with that brush, it just devolves so fast.

At least someone got me. I was just kidding. Of course a lot of people here are familiar with old-rear end tv shows, but most of the normal people that I know have no clue what I'm talking about. That was my point :sigh:

And I only have the gorilla because someone gave it to me while I was playing SA survivor, and dude got mad he was LOSING to a girl :laffo: . After 15+ years, I'm not buying new avatars anymore. Certainly not every time some basement troll has a hissy fit.

I LOVE this show. It's probably in my top 3 for every week. I'm definitely tired of Iris though.

Actually turdfuzz is one of the consistently good posters in CSPAM and the forms in general and his gimmick of being that surly orangutan makes it even better

You gotta own that poo poo

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Chokes McGee posted:

Actually turdfuzz is one of the consistently good posters in CSPAM and the forms in general and his gimmick of being that surly orangutan makes it even better

You gotta own that poo poo

To be perfectly honest here, I've actually kept it because it's not really that irritating. I said :laffo: too much during a really intense game that lasted months. And the oragatun is not the worst thing I've ever seen. One time, like 10 years ago, I said something in a circumcision thread which on SA is basically Israel/Palestine territory and someone bought me an avatar of a (read at your own risk) bloody, cut up vagina, with big red text that said "I'm a horrible oval office and you should shove broken glass up my vagina" so the orangutan is like totally cool beans bro. :)

Back to the FLASH. Why is there such a long break? There can't be too many episodes left, or have I miscounted and this is like 13 and the half season?

*edit* messed up the spoiler

DoggPickle fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 14, 2017

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
gently caress saving Iris, can we change history so DoggPickle doesn't post?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Ojjeorago posted:

gently caress saving Iris, can we change history so DoggPickle doesn't post?

Yeah but what if we gently caress up like Barry and when we get back it's even worse and everyone is posting like that, Cisco now has a sister who looks just like Gypsy and they're dating, and Digg's child is now a hermaphrodite?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Longbaugh01 posted:

Yeah but what if we gently caress up like Barry and when we get back it's even worse and everyone is posting like that, Cisco now has a sister who looks just like Gypsy and they're dating, and Digg's child is now a hermaphrodite?

Cisco having the hots for the girl version of himself from another universe is weird enough. And nobody in the show points it out.
"Yo, dude. that's like having the hots for yourself."
So, he could play it off, "Well, I am a handsome man."
At least acknowledge it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Eh, she's not really like him at all. They just have the same powers. Cisco is an awkward nerd scientist and Gypsy is a cold warrior bounty hunter.

Cisco's creepy with Gypsy but I don't think that's part of it. It even sort of makes sense that he's drawn to someone who understands his powers better than him and can teach him stuff.

But he's just way too desperate.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

It doesn't strike me that he's supposed to be desperate, it feels more like they've been trying (and failing) to write the two of them like a comic book couple, where the handful of hours they've spent with eachother in previous episodes is supposed to be the equivalent of a real relationship. If you pretend they've been dating a month or so, his dialogue makes a lot more sense.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Desperate" was harsh. I like Cisco.

But I don't know. Gypsy's whole storyline that last time was that she wasn't really feeling the flirting. It didn't feel to me like there was some established off camera relationship or she felt like they were in a relationship.

Gypsy's not repulsed by Cisco or anything but my take is just that she enjoys flirting with some guy who literally lives on another world when her world makes it illegal to jump back and forth, and Cisco is just all "hot girl with powers like me!" and kind of gets blind to the stuff around it.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

I'm not saying it really works at all given what we've seen on screen, I'm saying that's the only way I can understand why they'd write Cisco as saying stuff like "blah how can you do this if you care about me". And it sorta makes sense, if you squint at it and pretend it's a comic book where people punch bad guys together for an hour and are suddenly best friends or lovers. Like I said, the dialogue is a lot better if you pretend they're actually IN a relationship.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoggPickle posted:

And the oragatun is not the worst thing I've ever seen.

it's cool because I like to imagine it's turdfuzz's reaction to every post you make

and that's nothing personal I just love watchin that ape be surly :shobon:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tonight's the night and I don't remember what the cliffhanger was.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Tonight's the night and I don't remember what the cliffhanger was.

...poo poo, neither do I

WAIT

Yes I do, Caitlyn's now in permafrost mode.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
The cliffhanger was "Will Barry remember to dodge this time?! Tune in in a month!"

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
emo barry

can't wait.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.
If he has a super metabolism then does he have to poop a lot? Will we find out this episode?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Maybe they will finally explain why Killer Frost's powers come with dissociative identity disorder and make Caitlyn turn evil. Since it's dumb and makes no sense.

Bozart posted:

If he has a super metabolism then does he have to poop a lot? Will we find out this episode?

The super suit is also a stillsuit.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

Maybe they will finally explain why Killer Frost's powers come with dissociative identity disorder and make Caitlyn turn evil. Since it's dumb and makes no sense.

The usual explanation is that her powers remove any sense of empathy she has because she's "cold hearted."

The show explanation is most likely SPEEDICEFORCE

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
I can't wait to see Barry rocking that awful emo wig.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

lotus circle posted:

I can't wait to see Barry rocking that awful emo Arrow flashback wig.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
Arrow S6 will have flashforwards to Barry in the wig.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Arrow seasons 6-10 will have flashbacks to what the wig was doing in its spare time.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Arrow S6's flashbacks will explore a newly created year involving dinosaurs because of Legends' time fuckery.

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

McTimmy posted:

Arrow S6's flashbacks will explore a newly created year involving dinosaurs because of Legends' time fuckery.

Man, I really need to get up to speed on S2 of Legends

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

McGann posted:

Man, I really need to get up to speed on S2 of Legends

I mean, you just read a pretty thorough synopsis.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Wow.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Barry is on point with remembering his powers and being intelligent in this episode.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Aquasnake posted:

Barry is on point with remembering his powers and being intelligent in this episode.

It won't last.

And oh hey Barry is IMMEDIATELY getting his rear end kicked.

edit: Oh boy, we get full on emo-Barry in the future.

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

And Barry got himself stuck in the future :doh:

• Locked thread