Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

I'm excited to see what Matthews can do now that he's no longer WR1.

Probably a little less of the same. I wouldn't expect his targets to increase now that he's sharing them with Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith rather than Nelson Agholor and DGB.

And he's been a wide receiver for most of his life now. I am not optimistic that this is the offseason where he's going to get good at catching footballs. It's a shame because everyone loves his work ethic and leadership and size and athleticism, but he's just not a natural pass catcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I can see Matthews as Wentz's security blanket.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
I like JMatt, hope we keep him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Guys I'm a little worried maybe Philly made TOO much improvement. I worry about the league hindering their ability to destroy off-seasons like they did.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I feel like the Draft being in Philly, there's no way they don't make trades. As possibly as soon as round 1.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Guys I'm a little worried maybe Philly made TOO much improvement. I worry about the league hindering their ability to destroy off-seasons like they did.

Well, as a large market NFCE team, it is only natural that they have a Tom Brady level dynasty. After all, if some team has to demolish the league, it has to be a very american one like the Cowboys, the Patriots, or the team from America's very heart, Philadelphia.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Diqnol posted:

Well, as a large market NFCE team, it is only natural that they have a Tom Brady level dynasty. After all, if some team has to demolish the league, it has to be a very american one like the Cowboys, the Patriots, or the team from America's very heart, Philadelphia.

This makes sense, since I tend to think of America's heart as being black, rotten, and generally unsalvageable

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

TheChirurgeon posted:

This makes sense, since I tend to think of America's heart as being black, rotten, and generally unsalvageable

Sorry you hate Freedom and American Exceptionalism, friend. 1776 and 1789 called and you hung up on them

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

The racial makeup of the city as of 2014 was:

45.3% White.

44.1% Black.

Ban him for being a cowboys fan but use this as an excuse

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

The racial makeup of the city as of 2014 was:

45.3% White.

44.1% Black.

Ban him for being a cowboys fan but use this as an excuse

it occurred to me after I posted this that someone might construe it that way. Meant it the way you'd say someone has a "black heart"

for example: "That black-hearted monster threw a battery at santa claus"

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

it occurred to me after I posted this that someone might construe it that way. Meant it the way you'd say someone has a "black heart"

for example: "That black-hearted monster threw a battery at santa claus"

I wasn't serious at all but that was a beautiful comeback. It's gonna be a fun year!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

TheChirurgeon posted:

So you agree we're going to clown on the cowboys then, good.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

NFCE is going to be Eagles and Giants this season, as it should be.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'd like to meet the minds at work that felt having the draft and the Penn Relays on the same weekend was a cool and good decision.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 26, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Gareon Conley got accused of rape today so there's one name to scratch off the list for pick #14.

edit: He'll probably be a 3rd round Cowboy now.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 26, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

gently caress the Cowboys.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

a new study bible! posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

Thanks for calling. Up next, we'll be talking to Mel Kiper, who's going to be telling us why the Browns may be able to get everyone they want by staying put in the draft

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
gently caress the eagles, also the giants, and who could forget,
the washington football team

gently caress them as well

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Carson Wentz is a fraud.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

At least we've seen what Carson looks like with mediocre to bad help. Dak is getting carried.

Also gently caress the Giants, gently caress Brandon Marshall, gently caress the Skins, etc.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

gently caress everyone, including me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
did the Eagles blow this pick? I haven't been following as closely this year and that dude's name isn't one of the ones I've heard bandied about

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

indigi posted:

did the Eagles blow this pick? I haven't been following as closely this year and that dude's name isn't one of the ones I've heard bandied about

Nah. He isn't the physical freak Garrett is, but he was really productive in college against good competition and he's still got the physical tools and work ethic to be a solid pash rusher and run defender.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The NFC East had a 1st round worthy of the Best Division in Football. All hail the NFC East.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
https://twitter.com/Espngreeny/status/857775085230403585

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

That's nice, but I think the more immediate question will be is he better than Jonathan Allen who they could have taken and now plays for the Redskins.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Jonathan Allen is going to loving eat for a few seasons before his shoulders go.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

NotWearingPants posted:

That's nice, but I think the more immediate question will be is he better than Jonathan Allen who they could have taken and now plays for the Redskins.

The guy with the arthritis shoulders ?

There's a reason he fell to where he did, same with Foster who I liked as well. Concussion issues, shoulder issues, diluted sample and off field issues, I don't mind taking a guy with a red flag but he had about four.

Nah I'm glad with how they played it.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
NFC East draft grades: http://www.phillyvoice.com/nfc-east-first-round-2017-nfl-draft-grades/

tl;dr:

Eagles: B+
Redskins: A
Giants: C+
Cowboys: B

He may be biased towards Jonathan Allen though because he had Allen as the Eagles' pick in his final mock.

And yeah I guess with Allen it's all about the shoulder.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

NotWearingPants posted:

NFC East draft grades: http://www.phillyvoice.com/nfc-east-first-round-2017-nfl-draft-grades/

tl;dr:

Eagles: B+
Redskins: A
Giants: C+
Cowboys: B

He may be biased towards Jonathan Allen though because he had Allen as the Eagles' pick in his final mock.

And yeah I guess with Allen it's all about the shoulder.

And maybe the back.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

owns

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Best name/post combo ever.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Man, Jason Garrett is looking good.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

indigi posted:

I've got a bone for OJ Howard, so I was disappointed that they didn't take him, but you can see the Eagles' logic. If Barnett is any good then Philly might have the best D Line and pass rush in the league.

They want to beat the Dallas line.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

https://twitter.com/BGN_Radio/status/858039348012384256

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Eagles score a top 10 pick in the second round.

As someone who waited two years for a half-season of Embiid, it really doesn't bother me that he needs a medical redshirt year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Washington Defense Status: Improved

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

A+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I think Jerry Jones is sexually attracted to domestic abusers.

• Locked thread