Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

How does dating in NG+ work? Can I date a girl who I already Rank 10'd and shot down?

All of your social link progress is effectively reset in NG+. If you dated a girl, then on Christmas, you were given a gift from them that accelerates their S Link progress so that you'll always rank up if you bring a matching Persona with you when you hang out with them, but that's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's a clean slate as far as plot decisions go. None of that poo poo ever happened.

You start social links from scratch.

Aaah! That makes sense. For some reason I thought social link progress carried over too.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

I really love how every confidant you get flash forwards to the interrogation - it really helps show the point to show how much each person really helped the Phantom Thieves and wasn't just something like "my friend from class!"

The one for the fortune teller is kind of stupid though.

OHH... You couldnt have POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN THAT LUCKY. WHO HELPED YOU??

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Night Blade posted:

The fortune teller gives amazing abilities though. She is responsible for me maxing all confidants.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Night Blade posted:

Ironic considering that she is the most powerful non-party confidant in the game

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Night Blade posted:

"What if I told you psychics were real"

"...sure, okay, gently caress it, why not"

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Ironic considering that she is the most powerful non-party confidant in the game

In terms of helping you max out other links. Death, Temperance, Star, and Sun are much more useful for in dungeon benefits.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Hunt11 posted:

In terms of helping you max out other links. Death, Temperance, Star, and Sun are much more useful for in dungeon benefits.

hanging with anime teens is more important.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

KoB posted:

hanging with anime teens is more important.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The fortune teller, with her useless max ability and is probably the only one that carries over

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sea Sponge Run posted:

The fortune teller, with her useless max ability and is probably the only one that carries over
She is only really needed for a new game. Entering into a newgame + file and even with some inefficiency in time management I will have nothing to do but read the last couple books, play video games, and fish.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Palace 7 in NG+ was thankfully not as bad as I feared. Knowing how everything was structured, having overpowered personas and being overleveled compared to the first playthrough cut the time it took to get to the treasure to just a little over an hour and half (granted, I fast forwarded through a lot of the more boring conversations too). It even made the rodent mazes fairly quick and painless. Still a terrible design decision considering that the first playthrough is the most important, and it's just awful then.

At least this means I might actually play the game a third time at some point, instead of just going "gently caress Palace 7" and never touching the game again. Or maybe I should save that for P5: Platinum...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

[yusuke voice] what’s nightcore

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's a clean slate as far as plot decisions go. None of that poo poo ever happened.

You start social links from scratch. Though you retain some of their bonuses from special key items that carry over between playthroughs.

The main difference is if you cheated on anybody in your last playthrough you cannot by any means level their links in NG+ because they'll want nothing to do with you. So don't do that.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Count Bleck posted:

The main difference is if you cheated on anybody in your last playthrough you cannot by any means level their links in NG+ because they'll want nothing to do with you. So don't do that.

wait is this for real?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Count Bleck posted:

Is there video of this, it sounds hilarious if true.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

that sounds like fake news

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Same thing should happen if anyone sees you reading the PUA book on the train.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Apparently I'm lying and what actually happens is you just lose those NG+ items?

Edit: vv Man everyone likes to lie. vv

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Apparently I'm lying and what actually happens is you just lose those NG+ items?

I'm pretty sure this is also a lie.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think the series that 2 games ago made cheating on every girl in the game mandatory would punish you that severely for cheating

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

My uncle works at Atlus says that if you cheat on all the women it unlocks a secret Palace for Joker's distorted desires, and if you beat his shadow you get the Aeon arcana

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I thought we were supposed to be swatting lies.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was staring at Morgana's SMT if... outfit not liking it and trying to figure what he was supposed to be till I realized he's Hee-ho-kun, a Jack Frost in a school uniform and now i love it

Hee-ho-kun is cute because he loves attending class and things all children should say hee-ho

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I feel like I've seen a lot of misinformation going around about P5. Like I've seen multiple people who are certain that it'll time skip after the palace 7 calling card (which isn't an unreasonable thing to guess), or that you can only get massages from Kawakami if you romance her (which is rather less plausible). I do wonder how much is telephone and how much is deliberate bullshit for the hell of it.

wereboat
Jun 23, 2011

NRVNQSR posted:

I feel like I've seen a lot of misinformation going around about P5. Like I've seen multiple people who are certain that it'll time skip after the palace 7 calling card (which isn't an unreasonable thing to guess), or that you can only get massages from Kawakami if you romance her (which is rather less plausible). I do wonder how much is telephone and how much is deliberate bullshit for the hell of it.

The dialog is very leading towards finishing palace 7 being the end of the game. I definitely would've thoughtthat if goons hadnt forewarned me.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Endorph posted:

Futaba trying to take BestBoy's lobsters on the beach is Good moment in the game.

Moltrey posted:

I was staring at Morgana's SMT if... outfit not liking it and trying to figure what he was supposed to be till I realized he's Hee-ho-kun, a Jack Frost in a school uniform and now i love it

Hee-ho-kun is cute because he loves attending class and things all children should say hee-ho

This rules and is what I was looking for to push the SMT: If... uniforms over the top.

Edit: Also, he appears in SMT:Nocturne :pusheen:

LuiCypher fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 25, 2017

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.

NRVNQSR posted:

For the 2nd one I can tell you a lot of the Confidant answer guides out there list Rank 10 as ROMANCE for a lot of the people just because there IS a romance scene at R10 but otherwise you just have a regular hangout.

That confused me for sure when I looked at it, I know I had to ask in the thread if I could max Temperance without romance and once I did it for the first person it made way more sense.

There are a lot of people referring to the GameFAQ's day by day 100% guide too which the way it is formatted can be misleading and make it appear that you only get the Rank 9 or 10 IF you choose Romance

Scorps fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 25, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So what links lock out in December? I know Sun, and Moon only becomes available again after you finish palace 7. I've heard Temperance gets locked out too?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Moltrey posted:

Ok that rules, Morgana's never taking that uniform off now.

I realized earlier today that the victory music for the if... outfit's an arrangement of the SMT2 level up theme and now I really don't know if I want to give Joker another costume!

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Are the costumes all paid DLC or do you unlock some in game via some method? I haven't played any other SMT/Persona just wondering if there are any super cool ones I should check out

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Scorps posted:

Are the costumes all paid DLC or do you unlock some in game via some method? I haven't played any other SMT/Persona just wondering if there are any super cool ones I should check out

They're paid.

Apparently the swimsuit one will be free though from what I hear.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Endorph posted:

I find it extremely improbable that Futaba doesn't have bluetooth headphones

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Any outfits the characters wear in-game can be worn as free DLC, everything else is paid.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I find it extremely improable that Futaba doesn't have bluetooth headphones

The highest end headphones I usually see are wired, and Futaba wouldn't use any scrub gear.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ApplesandOranges posted:

So what links lock out in December? I know Sun, and Moon only becomes available again after you finish palace 7. I've heard Temperance gets locked out too?

Temperance requires you to see a scene at the school to progress it (I think between levels 9 and 10?), and there are some points in the plot where that's not possible. I'm not sure what would prevent that in December, though, other than exams?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Scorps posted:

The swimsuits, school uniforms, and street clothes are all free dlc and I'm not sure why they don't just unlock within the game. The sets that are based on other games cost money.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I haven't actually acquired the free dlc for the school/casual outfits, but I think it gives you far and away the most costumes of them all, so that's nice.

Sure, you've seen them all in the game before, but everybody's still getting 3-4 costumes.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gruckles posted:

The swimsuits, school uniforms, and street clothes are all free dlc and I'm not sure why they don't just unlock within the game. The sets that are based on other games cost money.

Free DLC means your customers have to go to the shop and see all the paid DLC that they might then decide to buy. It's the same reason there's a DLC difficulty setting.

edit: Do we ever see Haru's swimsuit other than in the DLC? I don't remember her wearing it in Hawaii.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Apr 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

The highest end headphones I usually see are wired, and Futaba wouldn't use any scrub gear.

I don't if or how it affects sound quality, but there are definitely BT headphones you can get that allow you to go wired too, honestly. I have some cheapo ones that do it with a Male to Male 3.5mm jack cable. (They're real good for the RRP they were at though)