Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
empathy is for the weak :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

I wish I had the thread saved where some idiot paid like $40k for an Altima and didn't even realize it.

God that thread was awesome I'll find it

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i work with a dude who bought a 6 year old bmw m5 used for 45k

luckily he kept his shitbox honda accord bc after 3 months he couldn't afford to fix it

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i work with a dude who bought a 6 year old bmw m5 used for 45k

luckily he kept his shitbox honda accord bc after 3 months he couldn't afford to fix it

An E60? gently caress that poo poo. There are waaaay too many special tools needed to work on those things. Even an oil change requires a BMW diagnostic computer to cycle the oil pumps. An F10? Pretty much the same thing. He should have bought an E39. gently caress buying a post-2000 BMW out of warranty.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
How the gently caress can you pay 40k for an Altima, was it like 0% down and financed over 8 years or something?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
whats supposed to be the better one, the altima or the maxima?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

whats supposed to be the better one, the altima or the maxima?

The Maxima is the better one, although since they are both Nissans it's a bit like saying you prefer the bowl of poo poo over a steaming mug of piss.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Rad Lieutenant posted:

How the gently caress can you pay 40k for an Altima, was it like 0% down and financed over 8 years or something?

By not reading the contract at all and thinking you're going to pay something like 32k, which was already ridiculously high for that car. The pictures are long gone, but he originally posted images of the contract so everyone else could see how retarded he was, then he argued for a long time about how he was right and everyone else (and the contract they were literally reading from) was wrong.

I cannot loving find it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EBB is this you or someone you know?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Godholio posted:

I wish I had the thread saved where some idiot paid like $40k for an Altima and didn't even realize it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2873673

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

quote:

Recently, I installed Quicken to synchronize all my finances in one place. That's when I pulled the ol' contract out and figured I should just pay the rest of the car's payments off in one sum, no point in paying interest (I was going to use the money to invest in the stock market and get a better return, which I never did).

what does this poo poo even mean lmao

e: that reminds me of a dad chat topic. what do you use to budget your money? about two years ago i stopped using whether or not my card got declined to decide if i had money for stuff and now i have the most ridiculously complicated excel spreadsheet that has evolved over the last two years. it's helped me get rid of debt and build up a LOT more in savings than i've had in my life and its the most adult thing i do in my life.

no judgement if you're still using the accepted/declined method of budgeting.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 25, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TBeats posted:

what does this poo poo even mean lmao

e: that reminds me of a dad chat topic. what do you use to budget your money? about two years ago i stopped using whether or not my card got declined to decide if i had money for stuff and now i have the most ridiculously complicated excel spreadsheet that has evolved over the last two years. it's helped me get rid of debt and build up a LOT more in savings than i've had in my life and its the most adult thing i do in my life.

I used You Need a Budget for a bit. The concept behind it takes some time to sink in but it really helps keep track of where you're putting your money and makes it easy to create and fund goals for yourself. It's more proactive than something like Mint but takes more effort on your part to manually enter in all your expenses as you make them.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

listen i had a rare moment of drunken introspection ok I dont feel bad

Dude, I really enjoy my coffee in the morning and your drunkpost free verse philosophy.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

TBeats posted:

I'm finally at a point where I have cash left at the end of the month and I think my last dance with accept/decline is behind me for now, barring emergency poo poo. I even have money in savings, it's a literal loving miracle.

It's nice to make progress on debt for once.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

What do you guys know about the Chevy Colorado diesel?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

ElMaligno posted:

What do you guys know about the Chevy Colorado diesel?

Better than it has any right to be and something Ford should be ashamed of letting hit the market before they could get a diesel Ranger out because it definitely has a hole to fill in the market

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Better than it has any right to be and something Ford should be ashamed of letting hit the market before they could get a diesel Ranger out because it definitely has a hole to fill in the market

tbh been reading both short and long term reviews of them and they kinda look like my kind of jam.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The diesel Colorado exists to make everyone realize how loving moronic people buying new Tacoma's are. Because a glorified minivan with a bed costing more than an actual useful and durable work truck is loving shameful

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

tbh been reading both short and long term reviews of them and they kinda look like my kind of jam.

Bitch why are you not posting about Factorio in the games thread. I need to commiserate about how my blue science chain got broken and how slow engine production is even with beacons and modules.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Terrible Robot posted:

The Maxima is the better one, although since they are both Nissans it's a bit like saying you prefer the bowl of poo poo over a steaming mug of piss.

actually i think youll find that nissans are good, unlike your posting :twisted:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

actually i think youll find that nissans are good, unlike your posting :twisted:

:thurman:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Eh, the only good Nissans post 96ish are RWD

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Bitch why are you not posting about Factorio in the games thread. I need to commiserate about how my blue science chain got broken and how slow engine production is even with beacons and modules.

Yesterday I was shamed by my BJJ coach to go to class. I am working and going to the BJJ gym today and tomorrow so no Factorio until then.

Last time I played was about to start the main hub and automating poo poo.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Plus that old Sentra SE-R

Think it was around 94 or 95

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
The B18 Sentra SE-R was a great car, as were the 240s and the Zs. Nissan had a lot of good cars over the years but now even their best and greatest achievement (the GT-R) has been left to rot on the vine for 10 years with only minor updates, and their normal cars are aggressively mediocre compared to their competitors.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The gtr has owned bones for a while and minor changes are all it needs

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Booblord Zagats posted:

nah

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Altimas are p nice

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Your honor I present into evidence the Nissan Juke

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MA-Horus posted:

Your honor I present into evidence the Nissan Juke

The prosecution also would like to present the Versa, the new Pathfinder, and the Rogue.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Pretty much everything Nissan that isn't the Skyline/GT-R is garbage if I'm not mistaken

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
pretty much everything that's not a subaru is garbage in gip's eyes

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pesticide20 posted:

Pretty much everything Nissan that isn't the Skyline/GT-R is garbage if I'm not mistaken

well you are, i think all that piss has addled your brain

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

TBeats posted:

I'm a Volvo guy personally but my old beater Forester has 315k miles on it and the engines been knocking for 31,000 miles. I haven't done an oil change since it started knocking because I have a spare engine and want to see how long it'll last under heavy abuse. So far, I'm incredibly impressed.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

TBeats posted:

same but motorcycles

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TBeats posted:

Nah, Focus/Fiesta/Fusion all own

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Motorcycles: cool and good

Mazdas: some are cool and good but no dorito not for me-o

Other modern cars: melted candy bar lookin' rear end smdftb

Old cars: cool and good

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Professor Bling posted:

Motorcycles: cool and good

Other modern cars: melted candy bar lookin' rear end smdftb

Old cars: cool and good

You're all right, friend.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Professor Bling posted:

I humbly present the RX-8 and the RENESIS engine which is bad.

In classic car news, my GF's dad (who already has a McLaren 650S, a Tesla P90D, a Alfa Romeo Spyder from the early 90s, a Porsche "beater" and a Mini Cooper S "lovely Beater") has added a new vehicle to the collection.

A MOTHERFUCKING JAGUAR E-TYPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
hello yes the focus continues to be A Good Car

• Locked thread